Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next project after Galactic Empires II

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Default Next project after Galactic Empires II

So, obviously I need to finish GEII, but it is crawling to completion. This is what I'm considering after GEII concludes:

I am currently kicking around ideas for another RP set in a new universe, based around fast paced mech combat. A cross between armoured core (mercenaries fighting for governments) and Warframe (unknowable, ancient technology bonded to chosen warriors in an ancient solar system) refighting the second punic war in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace. Tentatively titled Vacuum Crows.

Now, if I can, I tend to run games in trilogies. But GEIII will be (for reasons I think are becoming obvious to the players in GEII) a sprawling madness of a persistent world game, and currently Reckoning is taking my time on that.
    I have seen the future. The future is dead.
    We killed it

Spoiler: How to get me to commit to your game 

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

So... SPHASS NINJAs?

Sounds decent. I always wanted a nice, solid mech RP, but the few I saw were either excessively mechanically-based or died quickly. Are we going to end up with something like Titanfall here (never played it)?
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    Now, if I can, I tend to run games in trilogies. But GEIII will be (for reasons I think are becoming obvious to the players in GEII) a sprawling madness of a persistent world game, and currently Reckoning is taking my time on that.
    Wait...so there is a limit to how much you can post after all?

I would potentially be up for trying something mech-y, and definitely shoot me a PM when you’ve got GE3 all lined up in your head.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Less Sphass ninjas, more, well, this;

The Warframe elements come in terms of setting. Its set in our solar system, but so far in the future that the technology is half forgotten magic, and the names and details of many of the planets have changed. You have successor states squatting in the wreckage of a great solar system spanning empire, and scavenging tech from the wreckage, and the best of that tech are the systems that allow for the construction of Cores*, bipedal, one man combat platforms. Crows are the merc pilots who can bond with Cores, the player characters.

*name subject to change
    Last edited by dakkagor; 02-26-2019 at 07:31 PM.
    We killed it

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Or this:

We killed it

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

The Warframe elements come in terms of setting. Its set in our solar system, but so far in the future that the technology is half forgotten magic, and the names and details of many of the planets have changed. You have successor states squatting in the wreckage of a great solar system spanning empire, and scavenging tech from the wreckage, and the best of that tech are the systems that allow for the construction of Cores*, bipedal, one man combat platforms. Crows are the merc pilots who can bond with Cores, the player characters.
    So... in b4 'budget Mechanicus'? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Oh, how times change. AC 4's Intro looks so much more anime-like than AC 2's. AC 2's looks like an even battle while AC 4's looks like setting up that super-badass villain/maybe-hero. Also AC 2's intro reminds me a lot of the Starship Troopers book where the Mobile Infantry attack those Insurgents at the beginning of the book. Get in quickly, nuke everything, get out.

Huh, I didn't know From Software did Armored Core. Say what you want about them, they aren't exactly risk-adverse, are they? I mostly know them for Dark Souls.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

refighting the second punic war in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.
    Hmm, so whether to fight for the aggressively mercantile empire with a patchwork army and awesome navy, or for the aggressively militaristic empire with a homogeneous army and an absolute refusal to quit.

I kind of want to sign up to the Carthage analogue, even if they’re destined to lose.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I honestly hadn't planned on letting people fight for the 'other side', but, I think I could swing that for people.
    We killed it

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Don’t worry, I can swing Roman to avoid complicating things (and not end up isolated in my own little storyline).

So who are the major players in this post-apocalyptic solar system?

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

At the moment the Zeusian Republic, which holds Zeus and Cronus, is the largest economic power, but it has a long frontier across the moons that orbit Triton and Ouranos. Out in the outer system, Hades, Cerberus and Eris are the territory of the exiles, wandering space bound clans who raid and pillage at will.

In the inner system, Ares is nominally ruled by the Aresian League, but they spend most of their time funding proxy wars in the belt and on the borders of the leagues city states. While they have great mercantile clout, they have little unity.

Cradle, the birthplace of 'kind, was once much like Ares, dominated by warring city states squatting in the ruins of the old empire. 50 years ago, a powerful warlord known as the Aberrant King welded the most powerful cities into a coalition by marriage and force, and began to assemble the largest force of crows ever seen. With Cradle united, and Selene in his grasp, he has been able to build a massive manufacturing base and Selene's shipyards have provided him with the largest shipyards in the system. He blitzed Aphrodite to feed his growing army, and then Hermes fell to feed his need for energy. Now he turns his gaze towards Ares. . .
    We killed it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast