Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stargate RP

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Default Stargate RP

So I saw some comments in the roleplay ideas thread for a Stargate RP. This is something that I would be willing to run if there is interest. Below is a question/answer format to explain how the RP might run.

Q: When does this RP pick up?
    A: After season 2, episode 1, in which SG-1 successfully destroys the ship sent by Apophis to conquer the Earth. This point was chosen because it is where the show begins to open up and gives us more room to maneuver lore-wise.

Q: You mentioned lore. Do I need to know a lot?
    A: No, and the RP won't be overly strict. Important lore items will be gradually introduced as the story goes on and minor points will be ignored. Beginners should have little trouble catching on.

Q: What will the player characters be doing?
    A: All player characters will be part of one or more (depending on the number of players) Stargate Teams with their associated SG-(number) tags. Characters will participate in 'away missions' from the Cheyenne Mountain base complex dealing with various matters principally centered on the escalating conflict between the Goa'uld and the forces of Earth. These missions will include exploratory expeditions, diplomatic forays, and military conflicts. The narrative will have continuity, but the missions will be episodic with clear beginnings and ends to missions and downtime between missions.

Q: What about SG-1 and the other canon characters?
    A: General Hammond will remain in command of Stargate Command (SGC), but the importance of SG-1 will gradually diminish as the story goes on and player characters create a greater impact on the narrative. SG-1 may still do important things, but player characters will likely be in another place during these times. For example, SG-1 may still forge the alliance with the Tok'ra in the same manner as the show. However, player characters will influence this event and the aftermath through the missions it undertakes alongside the Tok'ra. Separating player characters from show characters is meant to avoid unneeded conflict.

Q: What else will player characters do?
    A: Missions will provide opportunities for player characters to acquire new technologies to bring back to base. These will be handed over to the SGC with recommendation reports compiled by the team members on what research should be done. The SGC will take this into consideration and down the line characters may receive new options when heading out into the field. This can include everything from expansions of basic equipment to reconnaissance/fighting drones to new weapons.

Down the line there will be a rise of intrigue as there was in the show. International governments looking for a stake in the SG Program, aliens looking for shelter or to make trouble on Earth, and shadowy organizations looking to make profit from retrieved alien technology will gradually be introduced. Player characters may find themselves at the center of conspiracies or even sent on missions to stamp out SCG rivals and enemies among humanity. There may also be times when SG teams are called upon to ensure the continued secrecy of the SG Program... whatever the cost.

Q: Will there be a lot mechanics involved, a la The Hands We're Dealt?
    A: Nothing so elaborate, at least at first, but this RP is inspired in part by Jarms' excellent work there as well as XCOM.

Please feel free to ask any questions! I will take as many people as are interested, but want at least three others to start so we can have a full SG team!
    Last edited by Imperial1917; 02-23-2019 at 05:41 AM.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!

March Member of the Month
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I am definitely interested!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

That's 3. I'll get a OOC up sometime today or tomorrow and hopefully we'll at least get 4 so we can have a full team.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Have seen very little StarGate, as long as I can get a character eased into the world of SG, count me as ready to add a character

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Middle Earth, Wizarding World, eh...Im open to anything
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

interested. Im a stargate nut
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Good to see interest. I'll probably get the OOC up tomorrow.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I love Stargate. I'd definitely join this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yooo…Stargate? Count me in!

PMS|H2O Battlefield 360 Division - The Best lead the Rest

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

@Dnafein
    @bluemoon
    @Storm
    @Nope
    @InfraredHero
    @Delta808;

The OOC is up!
    Last edited by Imperial1917; 02-25-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast