The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Old Black Train - {OOC} (M)

Old Black Train

OOC

This roleplay is rated M for the following: Possible Violence, Possible Language, Possible Blood and Gore, Possible Alcohol Usage, Potential Sexual or Suggestive Themes

There's an old black train a-coming

Scraping along the iron

You don't need no ticket boys

It will take you when its time

New Tanner
    A fictionalised version of Montana,

March 4th, 1899.
    The age of Cowboys and Outlaws is coming to a end. Industry and Civilization now race to claim the land instead.

About

So then, about this one.

This RP will take place within the made up(ish) state of New Tanner.

This is a Western, there's little you'll see here that argues it otherwise. However, it is a Western, with a twist. With this one, I wanted to combine all the fun and freedom of the Cowboys and Outlaws of yore, with a bit of that good old fashioned and relatively rare gothic Americana superstition and folklore.

This RP is heavily inspired by the recent Western revival we all seem to be going through. But as I said, it is still a bit of a mish-mash. But basically, if it has a cowboy hat, or is set in America before the 1900s, it's legal tender. I have personally based the themes and narratives of this RP off of ideas from both Red Dead Redemptions, Over the Garden Wall, and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs if that's of any help.

Before I say anything more about the plot of this RP, I need to make one thing clear.

Your character, should have died.

They should be dead by now.

You don't have to tell or explain to me how they should have died. But certainly keep the thought under your hat for now. I want you to know how your character should, have died. Were they sick? Maybe they just got into a fight? It doesn't have to be that dramatic, and maybe it'll be clear to everyone else how they should have died once the RP gets going. For example, I'm pretty sure most of you will guess how my main man should have popped his clogs as soon as I get going in the IC, but for now, I just want you to have the reason in your head at the very least. It might be clear as day to us in the real world, but in the IC, characters will remain oblivious.

Plot

Now with regards to the plot.

Our characters are going to find each other, and group together under the guise of undergoing a gold-mining expedition. But, after a certain, problem, makes itself know, those plans get put to one side. And the characters must undergo a journey through New tanner to reach Albertsland (Our fictionalised made up version of Canada).

This is what our characters will believe at least.

But between you and me, lets just say it's a journey of much more... purgatorial, measures.

Along the way, they'll encounter various supernatural creatures, strange people, and generally strange situations. So I suppose it's your typical Heroes Journey sort of narrative really, but more depressing.

And with Ghosts.

Rules

1) No godmodding straight into the IC please. If you've got an idea just run it by me first so we can check it fits in ok and everything.

2) I don't have a particular posting requirement, as I understand that it can sometimes be difficult to get posts in to an adequate length and quality. But if you wouldn't mind writing up some stuff when we need you to just so we don't get held up at all.

3) Try and make your characters unique in some way or form and different from others you see within the RP. I personally figured, if our characters are initially grouping together under the guise of a gold mining expedition, then they could feesibly be from any race, background, disposition or moral standing. An outlaw would wanna get rich juts as much as say, an old farmer for example. So make sure they're varied, but still solid. And if their is anything you're unsure of, just let me know.

4) I understand things I've said may be confusing or unclear so I cannot stress enough that I'm more than happy to discuss and answer anything you wanna say to me. Seriously, if anything, I'm eagerly waiting for discussion.

5) Have fun... OR ELSE.

Character Sheet

Name: What's the name your character will give themselves. Is it their real name, or perhaps they go by an alias for some reason?

Age: I'm gonna say no younger than 18 with this one please.

Place of Birth: America was an increasingly diverse place at this point, so your character doesn't necessarily have to be from the States.

Appearance: A decent description and/or picture will do here please. Be aware of the time period though I suppose. I doubt people were really running around with blue hair and septum piercings back then.

Profession: Past, present or future. Have they ever even had a job? Maybe they're currently training to be a certain something at the moment. I've made this a thing as , I'd argue a persons line of work more often than not would directly link into what sort of skill set they'd have. For example, a blacksmith would be good at making things. A poacher would be a good tracker, etc. Or they could just be a lazy bum that sits on their arse all day I don't know.

History: You can make this as long or short as you want. However, I need this part to clearly define who exactly your character is. What events made them the person they are now.What has their life, up to this point, made them into?

Equipment: What they got on 'em? Weaponry, just useful tools? This can be anything from a lucky horseshoe, to just, well, nothing I guess.

Horse: Your character will most likely need one of these, if not to ride directly then at least to pull a wagon. But if you think it'd be out of character for your person to have a Horse, I'm sure they can share with one of the others.

And Now, a little Disclaimer

I am English, not American.

Therefore, I'm aware I am coming at this with the complete perspective of an absolute outsider. So I do beg pardon if I get things wrong, over or under-estimate certain aspects or just generally mess up here and there. Feel free to educate me whenever I'm wrong haha.

Last edited by BumblingBee; 02-23-2019 at 05:39 PM.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Accepted Characters

Spoiler: Burdock Wilson - Bumbling Bee 

Spoiler: Robin Bromley - Bumbling Bee 
    Last edited by BumblingBee; 02-23-2019 at 09:19 PM.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

so this is Jonah hex?

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Dragon Lady
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hehe, this looks like it could get interesting
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, BumblingBee. If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Last edited by Storm; 02-24-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Name: Yukawa Tokimasa

Place of Birth: Japan

Appearance: Yukawa wears his hair tied up, has no facial hair, and calculating eyes. He wears the armor of the Samurai, and underneath that, some simple robes. https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Profession: Samurai, though in America he farms potatoes.

History: Yukawa was born in Japan, and thrust into the Meiji Restoration, when Japan was busy modernizing itself, and was quickly trained as a Samurai. He lived in Japan for most of his life, but eventually made his way to America. He's lived in New Tanner a while, and has a pretty good grasp of English, though slang is not his strong suit.

Equipment: A Katana.

Horse: A white horse named Daigo.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 02-27-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Ooo. This is interesting. I'll get to working on a CS ^.^

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I like your username. I come from the Lone Star state meself.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Here she is! Let me know if there's anything I need to change or add.

Spoiler: Scarlett 

Salty; Oh really? What part?
    Last edited by The Texan Queen; 02-27-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Sanger

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast