View Poll Results: Have you watched Stargate?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 83.33%
  • Some

2 16.67%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Rise of Humanity

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

As a side note to everyone: While I know it is difficult to say what people are going to put down as a rank and I did put a cap at lieutenant, we will still want to observe the chain of command. For my character I can still put them above others as a major to get things moving, but I'd rather that people leave room for promotions rather than maxing out ranks from the get-go. That, and it might be awkward for, say, the medical personnel in the team to have a higher rank than the sniper. Just a thought.

Which reminds me, @Storm. You put Mari as a Captain when the cap is Lieutenant.

@bluemoon
    It seems a little bit of an odd choice for someone to wear a smock outside of medical facilities. The choice is yours, but my understanding is that a smock is part of a doctor's sterilized equipment, so it doesn't quite make sense for someone to wear it around the base where it could lose its sterile status, meaning that any emergency would require changing the smock before getting to work.

Aside from that, I would ask that you consider bumping down her rank. Given her length of service, her rank makes sense, but I wouldn't want complications when other ranks come in from the other players. Technically, in my mind at least, medical personnel are usually over-ruled on non-medical matters by others, even of lower rank, when it comes to command decisions, so it shouldn't be a problem, but it could cause complications anyways. The choice is yours; you are fine where you are.

You may also want to mention how long Ambri has been with the Stargate Program (it has been running for a year at this point) and what your interaction is like with Dr. Fraiser, seeing as she is the current Chief Medical Officer and holds the rank of Captain. You can keep this until you get in the IC though.

Aside from that, she looks good to go.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

@Imperial1917 Oops, think I missed the rank cap, will adjust to having her as a liustenant. Only other question I have that I might have missed. Would she necessarily need to be an officer. Could make her a sergeant which would fit her background a little better. Will update her rank when I know if an enlisted member fits the story better. At work now so will be tonight for any significant changes.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Okay, I made some changes...and I will be sure to include an interaction with Dr. Frasier in my opening IC as recommended.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

I'm working on my character sheet, but I'm wondering how specific you want the ranks to be. You say the max rank someone can be is Lieutenant, but in the USAF they have Second Lieutenant and First Lieutenant.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I'll wait on a third person before getting the IC going so we can at least have four to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    @Imperial1917 Oops, think I missed the rank cap, will adjust to having her as a liustenant. Only other question I have that I might have missed. Would she necessarily need to be an officer. Could make her a sergeant which would fit her background a little better. Will update her rank when I know if an enlisted member fits the story better. At work now so will be tonight for any significant changes.
    Sergeant will work better.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    Okay, I made some changes...and I will be sure to include an interaction with Dr. Frasier in my opening IC as recommended.
    Looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by InfraredHero View Post
    I'm working on my character sheet, but I'm wondering how specific you want the ranks to be. You say the max rank someone can be is Lieutenant, but in the USAF they have Second Lieutenant and First Lieutenant.
    Good to hear that you are working on a character.

First Lieutenant is the cap. I'm not too particular, I just want room for promotions and want to make it clear that there should/will be a story impact to people having so-and-so rank. In the show I think Jack got to Major before taking over as the overall commander in SG:U.
    Last edited by Imperial1917; 02-26-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

@Imperial1917 can you take a peek see at Samantha now, suggestions always welcome.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Vikings make me all tingly inside
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I was waiting to see where we are with characters and then I was going to write out a rounder character to balance.
    I usually play women, but I'm a stickler for authenticity, and as this was the US in the 90s, women were not common nor widely accepted in special ops and combat positions. So I wanted to see who we all had before creating so we don't have an all female team which would have been not impossible, but unlikely to the period.

Also omg but does anyone else feel like the 90s was yesterday? And then you're like, nope 20 years ago. O.o
    Or am I just old?
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Spoiler: Ensign Stanley Rodgers 
    Last edited by Dnafein; 03-01-2019 at 04:50 AM.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Name: First Lieutenant Jacob Popertue

Appearance: Jacob stands at 5'7" with an athletic body build. His dark brown hair is usually cut and styled in a buzzcut. He usually sports a moustache while the rest of his face is clean-shaven.
    Spoiler: Picture 

Personality: Jacob is an extreme family man. His willingness to protect his family and loved ones know no bounds. His desire to protect his family is what led him to join the army. While he's generally a very friendly and nice man, in warfare he becomes rather aggressive towards enemy. You might even be fooled to think he's not a good guy with how willing he'll be to sacrifice himself and his men in battle, but he's only doing it to protect the ones he loves.

Stargate Team: SG-7

Skills/Specialization: Leadership/Tactics: During a battle Jacob can expertly discern the best ways in leading allies and fighting off enemy. He's very good in finding good ways to fight and flank the enemy, and he knows who to send and how to send them.

Stuff: Jacob has a picture of his wife and five-year-old daughter that's always with him in one of his pockets.

Background: As a child, Jacob was taught to protect and defend his loved ones, which caused him to join the United States Army after graduating high-school. He spent seven years in the Infantry branch until he was moved to Special Forces due to showing high skill in leadership and tactics. After a year in Special Forces, Jacob's father, Jaxon Popertue, a Sergeant in the Air Force, died in combat. Jacob decided he wanted to transfer to the Air Force to kind of take his fathers place.

After finishing the Air Force's basic training, Jacob decided to go through officer training, where he passed with flying colors. The next two years of his life were spent as a Second Lieutenant before he was promoted to First Lieutenant. At this point Jacob was once again moved to Special Forces as the XO of a squad that went on highly top secret missions in the Middle East. During a particular mission, the squad CO was killed in action, and Jacob had to take command. Jacob expertly led his team to a victory without anymore casualties. Several weeks later, Jacob was reassigned to the Stargate Program.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Since we're checking.
    I was planning to go with a Automatic Rifleman who started off in the Army and is now in the Air Force as an Aerial Gunner in a PJ unit, before being reassigned to the SGC. And can speak Russian. His rank is also Staff Sergeant.
    Is that too much?

PMS|H2O Battlefield 360 Division - The Best lead the Rest

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast