View Poll Results: Have you watched Stargate?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 83.33%
  • Some

2 16.67%
  • No

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Rise of Humanity

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Moon,
    Sammy's medical is ok, Imperial PM'd the ok, the Major will also be aware.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Ok, @Delta8O8; so do you want him hated on? Cause its about to hit a hell of a lot harder then you'd expect. Because even if that sort of training was wanted by the military it A) wouldn't. Have been done by a single person, especcally the crew manned weapons, and B ) would not be done in four months; Both of these qualify because of one basic thing. Personnel are expensive. And the health of the person would be at , not to mention if that person is unable to participate in their deployment there would be a massive hole in their capabilities.

Now if you want to keep the rest of the post, i will still happily rip your head out your asshole in character, but i'm gonna call a massive bullsjit here on the bullshit that is killing the immersion of the rp.
    Last edited by Dnafein; 03-11-2019 at 02:38 AM.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

So I'll extend the months. Or drop a couple quals.
    I dunno
    Why don't you start with suggestions like those instead of coming in and going all D&D/yugioh nerd specific on me?

PMS|H2O Battlefield 360 Division - The Best lead the Rest

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Why don't you actually do some research rather then attempt to make as bad ass a character as is possible by loading him up on every big gun you can think of? Or how about playing the character as you described him (i.e. a wisecracking good soldier) rather then a insubordinate little shit? That might make what obviously looked like a really bad joking attempt at swelling up ones skillset into well a joke rather then something for said character to disrespectfully through a tantrumn over.

You want me to make a suggestion, here it is. Take a big step back, go to google and start using the search bar. I'd recommend starting with "How to treat an officer of a different military branch then your own." It will tell you that they are not supposed to be treated any differently. Secondly, you should probably look up the support role you want to play. Once you do it might aid you better in playing your character, especially if you actually research the pararescue jumpers and how basic army infantry are trained/behave. Additionally you could always actually take the time to see if any of your fellow rpers have a history in the military who can offer you help. For instance, I was in the Navy for four years, and if you hqve basic military protocol questions for me, I would be happy to answer them.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If I wanted to be a badass character I would have been a SEAL, or an actual PJ, or Delta Force, or a Green Beret, or Marine Force Recon, or part of some DEVGRU unit.
    My character is NOT a PJ. He's an Aerial Gunner. The Gunner in a Pavehawk, or a Chinook, or a Huey. He was just attached to a PJ unit.
    Last edited by Delta8O8; 03-11-2019 at 03:52 AM.

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yo guys, let's keep the OOC drama to a minimum.

Delta, I hope you understand that it would be kind of natural for some of these dudes to criticize Vasili's first impression. He is definitely showing himself as a very carefree and almost careless individual in the current situation. Not saying he is actually like that, but that's the impression the other characters would have at the moment. Personally, I am rather enjoying your character so far, so I don't want you to think this is anything personal.

I'd also like to take a quick moment to make an apology on the whole uniform topic in the IC. It seems I've misread some things, and I also didn't write some things as I intended for it to come out. In my IC post I had Jacob call Vasili out on not wearing an actual uniform, but I've been informed that battle fatigues are technically also uniforms.

I also see that Mari may too be wearing fatigues, so I can edit out the part of my post where Jacob mentioned her uniform. Though I will wait to get confirmation on what she is wearing from Storm. Just to be sure.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Woah there, people. Let’s all take a deep breath and calm down. It seems that there has been some misunderstandings here; some miscommunications. No need to get upset.

Here is what is important:

@Dnafein
    If you have a problem with his character’s attitude, you have options of:
    A ) Politely bringing up the topic in a calm manner in the OOC
    AND / OR
    B ) Referring the matter to the GM, which is me in this case.

You do NOT take it upon yourself to cause drama in the OOC.

@Delta808;
    I do not approve of Dnafein’s remarks to you in the OOC. That being said, I also don’t approve of your reaction. If you encounter an issue with another player that you feel unable to respond to politely and calmly, refer the matter to me.

@everyone else
    This goes for all of you as well. Don’t cause drama in the OOC. Dynamic interactions between characters are always welcome, but needless tension between players is not. Just take a deep breath.

I’ll address the uniform/protocol/immersion question later. This is the more important matter right now.
    Last edited by Imperial1917; 03-11-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InfraredHero View Post
    I also see that Mari may too be wearing fatigues, so I can edit out the part of my post where Jacob mentioned her uniform. Though I will wait to get confirmation on what she is wearing from Storm. Just to be sure.
    Samantha is in fatigues yet is a no harm no foul as she could be an example on how to wear a uniform. If she were in Class As or her Dress Blues, same thing. The Lt didn't say Mari was an example of how a dress uniform looked, just that she was an example of how a uniform should look so that works. Think your post works as is.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Alright, I'll leave the post as it is now then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@Imperial1917
    10-4
    Also...you wanted me to be Heavy Weapons expert. What did you mean by that? Did you mean like Anti-Vehicle?

@Dnafein
    Ok.
    Yes, you're right he was outta line. I'll modify the post when I get home and drop most of the Quals.
    Oh, and thank you for your Service.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast