Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M] The New Gods (IC)

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Default [M] The New Gods (IC)

Rated M for possible drug use, alcohol, and maybe a kinky god or two.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Welcome to the New Valhalla! No... no one knows the Norse gods. Welcome, to the New Heaven! No... that makes it sound like normal people live here... I know! Welcome to the NEW OLYMPUS!"
    "Why do we have to call it the New Olympus? Why can't we call it regular Olympus?"
    "Because the old gods are dead."
    "Can't we gloss over that?"
    "No, Carl, we can't. Bastard."
    "Your mike is on."
    "What?!"
    "Your mike is o-"
    "I KNOW WHAT YOU SAID, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"
    "I just did."
    "Fuck off. Well everyone," Anera peeked out the curtain of the stage. She walked onto the stage, glaring at Carl. "I guess you heard me. Welcome, to the NEW OLYMPUS!" she swept her arms wide, the music coming from no where swelled, and... nothing. "Damnit, Carl. I told you to cut the rope, and the curtain will fall down, and... just... Damnit Carl." The curtains fell. "There you go, Carl." A generic sounding round of applause came... also from no where. Oh well. "Here is where y'all will live and govern the natural laws of reality for eternity!" she swept her arms again, and showed of a very nice looking neighborhood. So far, there were five mansions, each decorated and built in different styles. Around the houses, there were redwood trees, and the town was surrounded by a forrest. Nymphs walked around, talking, carrying goods. Beyond the mansions, there was stores and such. Everything was open air, which was actually the void of space. Cool. She turned away, and walked off stage, removing her mike. She snapped her fingers, and the stage dissappeared in a bread-smelling puff. "Jesus Christ, Carl, get your shit together." She sighed. It was her first day as Queen of the Gods, and already Carl was being a bastard.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 02-26-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mmmm yes Anera did quite well with the landscaping...quite an unfashionable welp for an assistant she has though. With a snap of her fingers a swam of nymphs quickly flew over and began taking her luggage to the mansion that had rows of fruit trees leading up to its entrance. Her attention shifted to a nymph that seemed to be struggling with carrying a box of heels. "Be careful with my shoes dearie, they're one of a kind and I would hate to see anything happen to you." Her smile and voice seemed to be sweet, but with her sunglasses covering her eyes it was hard to tell if she was threatening or being genuinely concerned. Gulping the nymph nodded and gently put the box down before scurrying off to get help. Taking off her sunglasses the goddess got a good look at her surroundings.

Her mansion was lovely- every artists dream home- modern, but with natural and avant-garde elements. The fruit trees lining the path to the front door had her heart beating faster. She approached the tree closest to her and a bright smile graced her features as she noticed her favorite fruit growing from the branches.

"These mangoes will make a great moscato. They're so plump and look absolutely delicious." Picking one from a low hanging branch Gallia inspected it closely before taking a bite. Ooh Queen you do so know you're fruits, I simply must thank her once I get settled in. Satisfied with what she's experienced so far Gallia flipped her sunglasses back down and made her way towards her new home, occasionally giving instructions to the nymphs and snacking on her mango.
    Spoiler: Signature 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Anera watched as her fellow gods settled in. "Thank us that you didn't screw up too bad Carl."
    "I'd appreciate it if you di-"
    "Shut up. If you weren't such a bastard I wouldn't be so right."
    "Please stop."
    "No." She watched Gallia in particular. She wondered if she could seduce Gallia. Probably. She'd try later. For now, she needed to plan a party to really welcome everyone in. She mounted her motorcycle and drove home. She could've walked, but what was the point of having a motorcycle if you didn't use it? Also, it was kinda hot, so she needed to cool down. The wind whipped through her hair the 700 feet she drove home. She kicked open her door, which was magic, and built for kicking open, and walked in. She threw her keys into the room, and they disappeared. They would always reappear in her bedroom. It was magic. And magic was cool. There was a scraping sound, and a twenty foot crocodile came around the corner. "Hey Clyde!" she rushed over, and hugged the crocodile. She kissed him on the snout. "How was your day? Mine was... stressful, to say the least. But you're here!" Clyde made a rumbling sound. "I know, I missed you too." she got up, and let go of him. "Come on, boy." she walked to the kitchen, Clyde waddling after her. To most, he'd be a monster, a great, man-eating savage, but to her, Clyde was sweeter than a puppy. So what if he ate a few people now and then. He was expected to do that. She opened the fridge, and filled her arms with raw chickens. She threw him the chickens, and he hissed happily. She kissed him again, and waved her hands. A holographic screen appeared midair, like a bigass flatscreen. Clyde's keeper's face filled the screen. "How, man, how's my favorite Eightball?"
    "Can't complain. How're you?" his Australian accent would sound familiar to anyone listening.
    "I'm fine. Hey, listen, can you get a few other guys from your neighborhood? I'm planning a party, and I'd like you to be there."
    "Fair dinkum? Alright, mate."
    "Alright! See you later, Steve."
    "See you later. Tell Clyde I said hi."
    "Alright. Bye."
    "Bye." She waved her hands again, and Steve Irwin's face disappeared. She chuckled. "He's my favorite eightball, and I think you feel the same way, huh, bud?" Clyde rumbled again. The people from ATE, or as Anera liked to call them, eightballs, were from the Assortment of the Truly Extrordinary. ATE was a collection of the best people Earth had to offer. So far, they had Steve Irwin, Bob Ross, Mr. Rogers, Stan Lee, Stefán Karl Stefánsson, and when he died, Bill Nye. It was great. They were the best to hang with, no matter who you were. Anera had Steve watching after Clyde when she was doing Queenly or Godly stuff. She shook her head, pet Clyde one more time, and ran upstairs. She got busy planning her party.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

“Well that was…something…”

He looked out to the open neighborhood and his glazed slowly along not a hint of emotion. “Huh…” He felt like he should be in the Beverly Hillbillies or maybe on an episode of the Brady Bunch. He had a bad feeling about this but the perks were solid. He would be safer here than anywhere else and safety…a small grin crossed his face…was his specialty. Most of these people wore what they were about clearly on them…it was disgusting. Only those who kept things close to the chest survived in this world. All the old Gods were dead…it was his job to not follow suit.

He reached down and picked up his brief case, the only thing he had brought with him. The smell of bread filled his lungs and nodded appreciatively. He liked himself a Danish in the morning, but nothing could top the smell of fresh bread…it reminded him of his childhood.

He shook his head wiping the smirk from his face. Thinking about the smell he figured it was probably the lady…Anera Queen of the Gods…pfft. Fancy title but let’s see if you live up to it bread goddess. It was not as if he was taking her lightly by her title…that was how you got hurt. No he just found that title to bring more ruin than salvation for whomever had it.

He envied it not…

He tried everything in his power to pick one of the houses that looked the most secluded…impossible really but what can you do. Most God’s did what they wanted with no fear of repercussions…consequence…even applied to them. He looked to the Nymphs tending his area and after having heard what was going on nearby he said, “Go…aid your brethren, and work hard…Gods like her are not very forgiving…” As the looked to him he gave a more distant stare and motioned with his face to get going. He did not know who this Goddess was but he wanted to set up a good relationship. If his Nymph helped hers out it could be…beneficial…

As he looked to his mansion again he pulled up the dark tie and on his bright black suit. He pushed a hand through his messy white hair and glanced around once more. Security needed to be tightened for him to feel…semi-relaxed here.

With that though he began to walk forward, suddenly a buzzing could be heard. He quickly pulled out his flip phone and said, “You’re on a disposable…”

He nodded and a silent smile crossed his face. “Yes my daughter I sent and signed your paperwork for your transfer to that college. Anything else?” He nodded a few more time and said, “I am certain we can meet sometime soon. You know I am busy, plus the rules…” He nodded some more and then ended with, “Yea I’ll bring it up. Goodbye my Safe.”

As he hung up the phone he grunted…his daughter would be a problem in the near future. Of that,,,he was certain.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The welcoming ceremony was… quite something. Not the worst but not the best. But hey, to give them the benefit of the doubt, it might have been hastily put together. Or perhaps this “Carl” guy just wasn’t cut out for the stage. Already, Nomos began running through a variety of scenarios where it could have been improved. A few pyrotechnics here, a couple of well-placed lights there… But that was besides the point.

Looking around, the neighborhood seemed to be quite pleasant. Well put together, amazing greenery, could make for an excellent outdoor setting for future plays. Nomos pulled out a notebook, taking down potential ideas for use of areas for future productions, when a couple of Nymphs walked by, obviously hurrying around. “Excuse me!”, Nomos called, “Would you mind bringing my things to my place of residence? I would be most grateful!”. Nomos gestured to several boxes, filled with a variety of instruments, tools and other such “necessities” any good performer needed. The Nymphs quickly set to work, as Nomos continued to meander around the area, searching for anything interesting.

As Nomos approached the mansion, it was quite surprising. The mansion seemed to be quite… different from the others. Between the bright coloring and the architecture, it looked fairly like the Globe Theatre. Given, this was even better, but there were always adjustments to be made. Bounding to the front porch, Nomos then began to think of Anera. She was… quite something. She seemed to be able to put on quite the show herself. Given, in a cool, bread-y way, but a show none the less. Nomos was quite excited to learn more of the others. But for now, setting up the house would have to be done.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Anera soon realized that she had little to no party planning ability. Hell, the opening ceremony had taken her two days to prepare and it was just gesturing and curtains. Suddenly, an idea struck her at the speed of light. Which was a liesurely jog for a god, but still. She could get Nomos to plan it. He was the god of showmanship, right? Right? She waved up a screen. Carl's bastard face appeared. "Carl!"
    "Yeah?"
    "Get Nomos for me. I need him for something."
    "I'm not your personal assistant, I'm a god-"
    "Shut up. Get Nomos." She waved away the screen. She laughed. "Okay, Clyde, I think we have something going." She snapped her fingers, and salsa music started playing. She grabbed Clyde by the hands, and began dancing with him, like people do with dogs. Clyde burbled.

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The nymphs proved to be very efficient and timely when moving in and organizing her belongings. Needless to say Gallia was surprised and thoroughly pleased, going as far as to give each nymph a bottle of wine before sending them on their way. Glass of wine in hand she decided to sit out on the balcony that lead from her room and people watch..er god and nymph watch? She was able to see a couple nymphs enjoying a bottle of wine she had given one of them earlier, and one of the new gods inspecting their house. Their choice of dress was rather peculiar, she assumed it had something to do with what they resided over, but she couldn't quite get a handle of it. Must be the God or Goddess of parties or entertainment....

Blinking Gallia noticed the unfashionable whelp pass by her mansion, grumbling softly as he seemed to be heading towards the 'master of ceremonies' home. Her brows raised in surprise as she sensed a godly aura coming from him. "Well, well, isn't this interesting...." Anera's presence must have masked his own, or rather overpowered it. She glanced over his outfit and sucked her teeth in disappointment. Really a brown suit? And such a tacky one on top of that? I really need to get him up to speed. It was a good thing she brought her sketchbook with her. As quick as a flash she had several poses drawn out in the monkey suit's likeliness and was currently working on colors that would look best with his complexion. Oh honey that brown is not for everybody...
    Spoiler: Signature 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Soon enough, Nomos had finished with the house’s set-up. Nomos went through a quick checklist of the assortment of rooms within the house. Music Room? Check. Stage? Check. Pyrotechnics Storage? Kitchen? Check. Library? Check. Bedroom? Still needed a bit of a set-up, but for the most part, check. A room for Ember (Nomos’ pet fox)? Check. Giving Ember a quick scratch on the head, Nomos finally made it outside to check some of the… “special effects” … Nomos had hastily set up. After all, what would a Master of Ceremonies do without some daring feats or slapstick comedy added to the act? Double checking the assorted items hidden throughout the home and lawn (trap doors, cannons, etc.) Nomos was satisfied with the set-up. With these adjustments, the mansion was beginning to feel less like a house and more like a home.

After putting some of the finishing touches on the lawn, Nomos glanced over and caught another Goddess looking over. What was her name? Not sure. Nomos took note to give a proper introduction later. Taking a quick up and down look at her, Nomos wasn’t exactly sure what she was a Goddess of. Perhaps Kindness? For a bit, Nomos sat and pondered until seeing her look of disgust as the one called ‘Carl’ walked down the path. “Ah, “, Nomos thought, “perhaps a Goddess of beauty? After all, Carl isn’t much of a looker himself.” Giving a quick chuckle, Nomos turned to greet the short man.

“Hello… Carl was it?” Carl gave a quick nod. “Ah, good to meet you. Anyways, what brings you to my side of the stage?”, Nomos asked curiously, a slight glint of an idea began to take form. “Ah, so I’m needed to plan a party, eh? Well, I’d be glad to do just that!” Nomos began to give a beaming smile, although not just for the planning. “Say Carl, that walk must have been a bit tiring. You want me to make the trip back a bit easier?” Not waiting for a response, Nomos pointed at the ground beneath Carl, opening a hatch and causing Carl to fall straight into the barrel of a cannon. “Well, here you go!” Nomos shouted, pointing the cannon to Anera’s mansion and lighting the fuse. Just as the cannon was about to go off, Nomos gave one last request. “Oh, yeah. Tell Anera I say hi, by the way.” Just as Nomos finished, the cannon set off, sending Carl flying up and away to Anera’s abode. “Maybe a bit less gunpowder next time.” Nomos quickly took note.

As the cannon began to lower back into the ground, Nomos suddenly had a thought. “While planning a party by myself is good and all, I don’t think that the other gods would necessarily appreciate my interpretation of a “party space”. What to do?” After a good bit of pondering, Nomos suddenly had an idea. “Oh! Perhaps I could ask the others. Would give me the chance to introduce myself, as well as get some input! Perhaps I will start with… whatshername.” Doing a quick turn, Nomos happily bounded over to the Goddess’ house.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Carl landed in a heap at Anera's front door. He quickly collected himself, straightening his jacket and brushing off dust. He knocked on the door, and it opened by itself. He walked up the stairs, and went intoo Anera's room. He stood there for a moment, then cleared his throat. Anera flipped out. "What the hell, man? I could've been naked or something! Was that what you wanted, huh?" She glared daggers at him. Literally. Knives appeared midair and stabbed him.
    "Nomos accepted. Also, he told me to tell you he said hi."
    "Cool. Get out. I can't deal with you right now. You and your sad eyes."
    "Sad eyes?"
    "Yeah, sad eyes. Your eyes. They are sad."
    "Sorry."
    "Get out."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Making the house was not really the problem here the main thing was to make sure it was secure. He left the walls bare of anything, he left the wooded flooring alone, he made sure his desk was set up with his triple monitors, he check his mattress which was located in the corner of the same room was on the floor with one blanket and one pillow, and that the mirror was set up in a way to see the door should his chair be turned. Nodding to himself he went into his bathroom to change. He was going to head out and start meeting the other gods so to best know how to keep them out of his hair. One of the worst problems the previous generation of gods had was a lack of communication and a divine need to mess with each other. He aimed to stop both of them.

As he checked the mirror he made sure that his darkest black suit looked well. It fit him perfectly as all suits did. He noticed his complexion was that of a Sapphire or Azure shade and then made sure his medium white hair looked pleasant. He needed to perform tryouts to find which of the nymphs would actually be working at his home. He only wanted one and he would ban the others…only way to keep things safe.

As such he grabbed a cup of expresso from his kitchen mixed that with some more traditional coffee and then placed that into a dark silver and grey mug. After twirling it in his hands he exited his home and watched as some gentleman was launched out of a cannon. He took a sip as he slowly moved his eyes and head towards the trajectory of the queen’s house. His eyes slowly sliding back to the other God as he made his way to one across the way. So the one he sent the Nymphs to and this cannon man were going to exchange pleasantries. Well that sounded like a party to Arsas.

Listening to the sound of his dress shoes onto the street he made his way with as much calm strength as he could muster. First impressions were important. He made charity with the Goddess and would show a commanding presence to this other God. Yes everything would come up fine for him.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast