Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] You and Me and the Demon Makes Three {Lyra & Midori-Hime}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, medieval, adventure, tragicomedy, steampunk;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It wasn't long before that familiar, alluring scent wafted into the shop and alerted him instantly. The blue-eyed man, a possible demon and his co-worker and supervisor, was here. Adam turned around and greeted him with a smile before he feigned surprise at seeing him there. "Oh, hello, we meet again," his surprised facial expression was rather stiff and needed some practice but he was used to playing a weird fellow. He placed the books at the edge of the table, about to be cordial and well-mannered with a handshake and formal introduction, but the old man showed up and introduced him instead.

The blue-eyed man, this Kieran as the old man called him, seemed not so pleased with having 'help'. He must be hiding something, Adam reckoned. Perhaps him being here, lurking about, would disrupt the man's plans. His reaction made Adam even more suspicious and determined. When the old man left and they were left alone, he realized he didn't have much left to say. He wasn't great at picking out the right words or stirring up chit-chat. In fact, more often than not, he would put his foot in it and incriminate himself needlessly.

"I didn't follow you here. I mean-," he paused, biting down hard on his lower lip, reproaching himself inwardly for sounding like a stalker. "It was an accident. Thank you for helping me out earlier. I'm Adam," he reached out for a handshake, a bit wary, convinced he would feel some kind of chill or sensation that would scream demonic activity. "I am not familiar with your book work," he pointed at the misshapen book display and added, "please take care of me." He had put on a warm, wide smile but his eyes were dreadfully cold and fixated on Kieran, a stare of keen caution and watchful prudence.

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kieran couldn't help but raise a brow at Adam's peculiar phrasing. Yet despite the man's strange and somewhat intimidating demeanor, Kieran found himself thinking that he was also kind of adorable, the way he bit his lip like that... 'No, no! Stop it!' He immediately scolded himself. "Ah, it was no problem." He muttered then, looking down the man's hand before taking it in his own and giving it a brief, but firm shake. A little shiver went through him at the contact, almost of excitement, and he quickly dropped his hand afterward. "Nice to meet you." Kieran said, offering him a slightly wary smile. He had to admit, it was kind of a weird coincidence. However, Kieran simply brushed it off.

Kieran was already distracted as Adam pointed out the disheveled book display and tried to hide a grimace behind an awkward smile. "Well, I suppose that's my job now, to teach you..." He said. Even if he couldn't understand the owner's need for a second worker, he was entrusting the man's training to him. And Kieran was suddenly determined to turn Adam into a model employee. "Here..." He said, stepping over to display and began to shift the books around until they were all in perfect, level rows. "Like this. You see? You want to make sure they are all in straight, even stacks." Kieran gestured with his hand.

"You want to catch the customer's eye from the window, draw them in..." He added, before looking up into Adam's brilliant golden eyes. His gaze lingered there for a moment too long and quickly Kieran turned away, grabbing the empty box. "Right then... How about a tour?" He suggested, leading Adam to the counter were the register was and then through the door behind it, that led to the private office. There was another door from the office that lead upstairs to the owner's home. Adam was instructed that he was not to go up there for any reason, unless of course there was some sort of dire emergency. The office was a bit cluttered, but not necessarily messy.

He left the box there for now and then continued, leading Adam back out into the shop to show him around the many different sections of books. It seemed that the shop had once been an old home, but now the rooms were all filled with different genres of books. He pointed out the small half-bathroom along the way, before continuing down the narrow hallway, showing Adam in which rooms the different genres could be found. Finally he came to a small windowless room in the back that was filled with books about philosophy and more occult subjects. He noticed the room was a bit dusty and looked over to Adam. "Heh, you can see we don't usually get many customers wandering this far..." He admitted sheepishly. "But I guess that's pretty much it. Do you have any questions so far?"
    Last edited by Midori-Hime; 03-27-2019 at 03:59 AM.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adam expected a sort of seismic disturbance when their hands clasped together firmly, but there was barely any kind of reflex. Kieran was good, very good. Exposing him wasn't going to be easy, but Adam was ready to take up the challenge. The man's wary smile gave him confidence. He watched carefully as he explained the complex rules of book stacking. As it turned out, it wasn't complex at all. Adam was just disinterested and thought it to be tedious. Who cared about such things, there were more important matters at hand. Still, he feigned surprise and embarrassment.

"Oh yes, that makes sense," he said with a hint of a smile, trying to come off as pleasant and engaging. "Thank you." The words were mechanical, well-practiced. Then their eyes locked in a stare. The man's piercing blue orbs against Adam's malicious, golden marbles. As he stared more deeply, his brows drew together into a line. He expected to see some kind of clue flicker in the man's eyes, something that would give him away, but there was nothing more but the illusion of wonder. Kieran broke away too soon, there must have been something he was hiding, Adam reckoned. A low growl settled in the back of his throat.

"Alright," he agreed and followed Kieran closely. He listened carefully but he paid more attention to how the man carried himself, how he minded his surroundings, more than which door led where. Soon enough they found themselves alone in a secluded part of the store. There were no windows and no witnesses, just rows and rows of dust-covered books rarely anyone read. He quickly skimmed through the titles printed out on book spines. Daemonologie, In Forme of a Dialogue., The Necronomicon, The Church of Satan, Compendium Maleficarum, among others. Had the man brought him here on purpose? Was he about to show his true colors in one vicious attack? Adam braced himself, balling his hands into fists, his knuckles white.

Alas, he was only met with a question. There was nothing ominous in the air.

"Uhm, well..." he sounded a bit confused as his body relaxed. Was he reading the wrong signs? Were there any signs at all? "Not really, I think I'm ready to start. What should I do first?" He inquired, bobbing his head to one side. Right then he heard the door bell ring, it was faint but his hearing was impressive. "Oh, is that what you call a customer?" He also heard muffled giggling and excited squealing. Could it be? The most dangerous type of human he'd been warned about... teenage girls.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kieran blinked, noting how confused he seemed and simply offered him a warm smile. "I know it's a lot to take in all at once, but you'll learn over time." He said, wondering if the man had never worked a job like this before. Surely it couldn't be his first job? Though as Adam's head tipped to the side, Kieran couldn't help but think that he was really... kind of cute. As much of a badass as he appeared to be, the man actually seemed to be pretty naive and clueless. He looked away suddenly, adjusting his glasses to sit higher on the bridge of his nose. "Hmm... well, let's see-" He said just before the bell at the front door rang. Kieran looked to Adam suddenly. What a weird way to phrase that, he thought. "Most likely. Perfect timing though... Let's go greet our customers." He suggested, gesturing for Adam to follow him.

He made his way through the winding hall to the main room of the book store. The second the pair of teenage girls laid eyes on Kieran, their giggling went silent. "Oh. My God." The blonde whispered, leaning in closer to the other. "He's so hot." She gushed, and while the other seemed to agree, the brunette replied, "Yeah, he's not bad... But my type is more like the dark, badbo-" She started to mutter back until Adam stepped in behind him. Both girls stared blatantly at the mysterious golden-eyed male. "Good morning ladies... Is there anything we can help you with? Are you looking for anything in particular?" Kieran asked with a pleasant, cheery smile.

"A-ah, no! We're just browsing~" The blonde replied and turned to look at a shelf of books to hide her embarrassment. "Just your numbers." The brunette then muttered as an inside joke to her friend, both of the girls snickering quietly.

"Alright, just let us know if you need anything." Kieran said before looking to Adam, explaining the importance of greeting the customers whenever they entered the shop. Meanwhile the girls took every opportunity they got to check out the pair, blushing and giggling as they quietly chattered among themselves. "Ugh, so fucking hot~ The things I'd let him do to me..." The brunette whispered as she looked Adam up and down, biting her lip. "You're awful!" The other girl giggled, swatting at her friend, but she seemed to share the sentiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adam had no particular interest in dealing with anyone else but Kieran, but he followed the man faithfully towards the store's front. His penetrating gaze was fixated on Kieran, hoping to notice any kind of slip-up and jump at the opportunity to destroy the man's elaborate cover. Alas, as soon as they arrived at the counter, a sweet, pheromone-induced scent hit his nose and made him lose focus. His gaze darted to two young women giggling and whispering to each other and then ogling them both.

He blinked once, and twice, and then realized the women were clearly aroused. Perhaps even under the influence of a succubus. Lust was not a foreign emotion to demons. In fact, they might as well have invented it, but Adam was never the type to jump at any given opportunity, especially not with humans. Their muffled words didn't affect him and their presence quickly faded from his sight. He focused instead on Kieran, pretending to listen to him explaining a rule called 'customer is always right'. He didn't quite understand what the man was implying but before he could say anything one of the women, with long dark brown hair, beady green eyes and pursed lips, approached him, undoing a few buttons of her shirt.

"Excuse me," she said in a low, seductive tone of voice, tapping Adam's shoulder while her friend cheered her on. "I'm Julie," she added, biting her lower lip and thrusting out her hip. Adam remained unfazed as he turned to face her, staring at her cleavage. She took notice and moved closer, saying, "I work nearby, maybe we could grab some coffee sometime, get to know each other better." Adam had no intention of wasting his time with her, he had more pressing things to deal with. However, the woman gave him an idea. He ignored her entirely and turned to Kieran as the woman's smile turned into a frown and she grunted a dissatisfied 'hey'.

"I want to grab some coffee with you. Is now okay?" He asked, moving closer to the man, staring directly into his eyes. He had no buttons to do, albeit he would have, but he did have an alluring smirk he could pull off, and he did, although it was slight.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kieran was in the middle of explaining the importance of greeting the customers with a smile and always being ready to help them to the best of his ability, when one of the young women suddenly approached them and tapped on Adam's shoulder. He quickly turned his attention to the girl with a smile, though he quickly realized she was not there to ask for assistance, but rather to flirt with his new associate.

She was obviously coming onto Adam hard from the looks of her body language and the way she let her chest hang out. And yet none of it seemed to phase him in the slightest. Adam openly stared at the girl's cleavage, but not out of interested, Kieran noticed. He couldn't quite explain it, but Adam almost seemed to look at her like he was analysing some alien creature, and not just some flirty teenager.

To both Kieran and Julie's surprise, Adam suddenly turned to him instead, blatantly ignoring the girl's advances. Kieran blinked at the question, taken aback by the sudden suggestion that Adam seemed to steal from the young woman. "A-ah, Adam..." He glanced to thier customers warily before being captured by the man's piercing golden gaze once more. "Now isn't the best time. We're working r-right now, we can't just leave the store. Especially while we have customers." He explained, though he wasn't really sure why he needed to. It seemed like common sense to him... but maybe Adam was just really new to this sort of service job.

The longer he met Adam's intense gaze, the more he could feel his cheeks starting to grow warm. "L-look... Maybe we could go during our lunch break, Okay?" He suggested then, slightly disturbed by the fact that he was finding it so hard to say 'no' to the other male. The blonde carefully slid over next to her friend and took her arm, ushering her away from the pair. Though she glanced back at them over her shoulder, finding the whole interaction a little odd. "I wonder if they are gay..." She whispered to Julie with a pout. The other girl sighed heavily, glancing back at Adam with longing. But her friend did have a point, noticing how the man with glasses blushed. "Ugh! Why is it always the hot ones?" She lamented to her friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adam was so convinced Kieran would take him up on the offer there and then that confidence oozed out of him. Alas, when Kieran listed the obstacles, Adam finally grasped the meaning of the rules of 'work'. He pouted like a dog denied its favorite treat. Had he been showing his tail, it would have slumped almost instantly. He had much to learn about social conventions, having spent so little time mingling with humans. Demons were easy, they spoke their mind even at the most inconvenient of situations and acted on their impulses even with an unfavorable endgame in sight... well, most of them did. Adam was mellower.

Still, the proposal that followed brought back a smile. It seemed less practiced and more genuine now, but it still bore that overwhelming intensity that went with his unnerving stare. "Lunch break? Perfect then, and when is that?" He hoped soon. The fact that Kieran proposed an alternative made him hopeful once more. Perhaps he was testing the waters, too. Perhaps he wanted to execute whatever plan he was cooking in his mind during this lunch break. If so, Adam was ready.

As the young women were taking their leave, Adam couldn't help but perk up at the word 'gay'. He'd heard it many times before. It was a word humans used to label an otherwise common occurrence in the demon world. Adam was aware of the stigma surrounding it, but he had no clue of its extension, so he said in a low tone of voice looking their way, "Men, women, it's all the same to me,"

He turned to Kieran and added, "What will you have me do till lunch time?"

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Uuuhhh..." He paused at Adam's question, managing to break away from his intense gaze long enough to glance at the clock. "We can take a break at Noon. Is that okay?" He said. It was only an hour and a half from now, though Kieran couldn't fathom why Adam was so eager for lunch. And more specifically, lunch with him. It almost sounded like Adam was trying to pick him up... But no, that couldn't be. He quickly shook off that thought.

He was too busy with his own thought, that he didn't catch what Adam had said. And before he could ask, Adam was already asking him for more work to do. "Well, I have some boxes of 'new' books that can be put out on the shelves." He said, waving for Adam to follow him into the office. Most of the books in the store were lightly used books that were carefully chosen, though occasionally, like earlier this morning, they would get shipments of new best sellers.

Kieran guided him over to a few stacked boxes in the corner. "I've already marked each box with which section they belong in. So all you have to do is take each box to their section and put them on the shelves... in alphabetical order of course." Kieran explained. "If you have any questions, just let me know. Oh, and if any are too heavy, he have a hand jack right over here-" He pointed to a small closet in the room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Yes," he answered shortly with a smile and followed Kieran closely listening to his instructions half-heartedly. As soon as Kieran turned around, Adam's smile dropped and a serious, almost unnerving expression took over. In that moment, as they were moving further into the shop, alone, Adam was thinking of the ways in which he could jump him and force him to reveal his true nature. But the goal wasn't to vanquish the demon; it was to retrieve the much wanted artifact. So Adam breathed deeply and resolved his inner conflicts. He hid his twitchy tail and masked the bloodthirst in his eyes.

Once they were in the office, he noticed a bunch of boxes he apparently needed to unbox and arrange their contents. It was a small, easy matter to a demon of superior physical strength but to a common man this task would be time-consuming so he needed to act accordingly. It was a good thing his humanlike appearance seemed to give off the air of a strong, muscular man. One who didn't need to know how to operate a hand jack or how one looked. He took off his spiked leather jacket, placing it on an idle chair nearby and cracked his knuckles. He was indeed a bit rugged, brawny and plenty of sexy.

"Got it. Worry not, I shall not disappoint." He picked up one of the boxes with ease, although he did remember to stutter and make it seem the weight of the box strained his muscles. The box he had picked carried the label 'ROMANCE'. Briefly scanning the titles and the covers of the books placed on top he noticed that most had erotic undertones. No doubt it was one of the most popular genres. Humans and their heavy, sexual inhibitions. He picked up the box again and exited the office in search of the romance section of the bookstore, leaving Kieran behind to tend to the administrative part of running a shop. "See you soon," he said with a hint of a devilish smirk and disappeared between rows and rows of books.

The romance section was by far the biggest one. Each bookshelf served to be filled by different subgenres of romance, ordered alphabetically, and some authors even had their own shelves. To reach the top shelves one either needed to perch up or use the stools randomly lying around. All he needed was a bit of his true self. He checked around the room to make sure he was indeed alone, there were no cameras or fancy spying equipment, so he let himself loose. In a matter of minutes, everything was in its place. Demons were much faster than humans and better coordinated. He would jump where he couldn't reach and hold onto whatever was sturdy enough to support him. He would use his immeasureable speed to fill all the empty shelves as quickly as it would take his long, demonic tail to grab a new book from the box. When he finished with the romance genre, he moved onto the next ones.

He found the fantasy aisle better suited to his taste and was even surprised to see demons written as protagonists. He took his time with the last box and all the classics it contained, having noticed that barely more than a half an hour had passed since he started. The classics were not so favorable to the demonic, except for a few authors who had a close encounter with many a trickster throughout centuries and were so driven to ascertain that the Devil was an angel too.

When he was finished, he picked up all the empty boxes and carried them back to the office. On his way back to Kieran, he made sure he breathed heavily as if he had just rolled a rock up a hill, although there was barely any sweat visible on his person.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kieran turned back to Adam, his eyes moving from the spiked jacket to Adam's figure that had been hidden underneath. "Uh... Y-yeah..." He replied, sounding a bit distracted, before quickly turning to grab some paperwork. Not that Kieran wasn't a strapping young lad himself, but man, Adam made lifting boxes of books so effortless. He stared in awe for a moment and then simply cleared his throat. "Yeah, see you soon..." He muttered, then took his seat at the sales counter, looking through numbers and other such things to begin placing orders for next week.

It was especially frustration today however... Kieran must have counted the same line about ten times now, yet his mind kept wandering to the golden-eyed stranger that was now his coworker. He'd immediately scold himself and tap his pencil on the pad of paper, as a gesture to remind himself what he should be focusing on, yet a few seconds later, his mind was wandering again. Wondering why Adam was so eager to ask him out to lunch. He wasn't... interested in him, was he? No, that wasn't possible, was it? Was it really just a coincidence that Adam started working here? What if he was some weirdo stalker? He definitely seemed like he could be the type-

"Dammit..." Kieran hissed, practically throwing his glasses down on the counter and rubbing his eyes. A heavy sigh left him and he glanced up at the clock. A little more than an hour had passed and he'd barely gotten anything done. Hearing Adam coming back towards the office, he quickly cleaned his glasses off with a corner of his shirt and then slid them back on as he turned to Adam. Kieran flashed him a small smile that seemed to say, 'keep up the good work' and then immediately did a double take, quickly realizing that Adam was carrying the entire stack of empty boxes. "Y-you finished all that already?" He asked in disbelief. Though suddenly, Kieran was wary of what condition his perfectly organized books might be in, if Adam had gotten that many boxes stocked that quickly.

But then he supposed there was no point in worrying about it right now. His eyes darted to the clock and he shrugged. "Well, I guess it's close enough... And there's no customers. Want to go get lunch then?" He suggested. Kieran stood, stretching for a moment before grabbing his bag. "I'm sure the owner won't mind if we both go out this time. Since you're new and everything... Let's just try to get back soon, alright?" He then went to the door, flipping it to show customers that they would be back shortly. "Was there some place specific you wanted to eat?" He asked, waiting for Adam so he could lock up the shop behind him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast