Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kris's office- Behind closed doors (RP game) [deadline: weekly]

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Lizzy blinked rapidly as the room came into view again, her ears picking up on the strange monotonous sound. She glanced around, seeing the equipment with its leads, and frowned, not liking where this was going. She had been aware...aware of the sounds in the room while it had been dark...and there had been none. Just when had the cable been attached to her arm? And why hadn't she felt it happening? She shuddered, am icy finger running along her spine. No...this just was not right! It had happened right under her nose and she had been none the wiser. The thought brought with it a cold chill. Her body responding with goose bumps. They had found her Achilles heel...the one thing that brought fear into her soul. Loss of control.

Just the slightest flinch came with the echoing report of the gunshot from outside her room, her eyes shifting to the door while wondering what had spurned such a demise. Not that it mattered, at least she was still alive. For now. She touched her arm lightly, not daring to pull at the cord which ran from it. What was its purpose? Was it for monitoring or murder? Her eyes lifted and she looked into the camera.

As the sound behind her hummed and the next question was asked, she nodded her head, pushing back her fear. "I do. I do want to live," she said confidently. "...but not in this room. Not like this. There must be something you want from me. Tell me how to earn the right to exit." She continued to stare into the lens, waiting and hoping for an answer. She had learned one thing...there were others...and one of them had failed the test. How many more were here with her, and who would be next to die?
    Last edited by bluemoon; 04-16-2019 at 12:31 AM.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

P.K. quirked a small smile at the camera. "What kind of an answer did you expect?" she asked with a chuckle. she went back to looking at the room as it went silent again, waiting to see what might happen next. After a moment she seated herself on the teddy bear bed once more and settled down as the system came back to life and asked a new question. "What do I think..?" She murmured quietly. before she could start on her thought a sound echoed from beyond her door, sounding distant but it made her jump. it sounded like gunfire. But her concern was confirmed by the systems next words.

"Failed?" P.K. felt herself go a little pale at the connection. "O-oh my." she breathed. This was not good. "W-well uh..." she started trying to turn her attention back on the question. "What do I think friendship is?" she breathed trying to calm her racing heart. "Well lets see. I guess to my understanding its a connection between two people. Specially between two people who are not blood related." She said looking down at her hands fiddling with her fingers as she thought.

"These people can connect in a special way, maybe its through something they both enjoy, or through an experience they both had, maybe even brought together from something tragic. And true friendship is not so easy to break and can weather's life's storms. These people can go with out speaking or seeing each other for months and even years but when they do see each other they recognize each other instantly and embrace once again and start right where they left off." she said thoughtfully. "A friend is someone who can rely on to love you and bring the beast out of you, to raise you up during trials and ground you in life."
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 5/5 Multi = 3/5 PW = 1/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yawning as the question was asked on what the first thing he would do if he were let out, Storm rubs his chin for a moment. Before he answers, the sound of a gunshot is heard followed by "Pay no mind to the sound, that person failed".

Immediately Storm folds his arms across his chest while tapping his foot on the floor, his own tone sounding somewhat annoyed
    "Well, as far as paying no mind to that sound, might I suggest investing on sound proof technology or walls if you want people to pay no mind to gunshots."

Shaking his head, he lets out a sigh "Really now, shooting people... do you realize how much of an expense that is? Hummm? Over time the money spent on bullets used for shooting people could be used on pasta parties and such. Look, I shouldn't give you this, but why not do what I do when my staff is due pay raises. Send them on one way missions that they will get blown up or shot by other Commands, that way, it is at their expense, not yours. Wait, I'm drifting, aren't I. Let's see, what is the first thing I would do if you let me out, that is like so obvious, I would leave this room. Suppose you meant what I would do if I were let out and decided to leave the room, perhaps a better choice of questions would be in order. hummmm? I imagine the first thing I would do is to find out how you brought me here to begin with. Be awesome to steal that technology, will make enslaving RPALandia so much easier. Wait, I suppose I should not mention I still plan on enslaving RPALandia, huh, strike that last comment."

Storm rolls his eyes while looking at his watch "Okie dokie, I answered your question, now howz about you answering mine, when is coffee served?"

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)

Subject #3000 also known as @bluemoon;

"As much as needed", said the voice. The needles continued to work as the machine spoke, "But don't be afriad, death is only but a door to another location... "

The machine buzzed, "As per requet you will be given an escape"

The room got dark again and before she knew bluemoon has lost her consciousness.

bluemoon has been removed from the game.

Subject #21116 also known as @P.K.;

"You speak highly of friends", said the machine softly.

"If given the option between you and your friends, would you decide they should live instead of you? or would you choose your own life?"

Subject #18533 also known as @Storm;

A table flipped at the room, with a kettle and a small cup with coffee beans within. There was also sugar can beside it.

"There", said the machine, "Now you should be able to pour some water for coffee, obviously we give you the choice to the amount of sugar"

The machine was silent until it whispered again, "We have but final question. Given the choice, would you have freed yourself, or... choose to free someone else from here, knowing that if they leave, you will die?"

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

P.K. nodded slowly in thought. "Everyone needs someone," she responded quietly mostly to herself. she sat silently for a time wondering if someone else had failed this round. Were they really dead? or was that for dramatic effect for their sake? she looked down at the stuffed animals in the room, the view of the room contrasted greatly with the feeling of the situation. She looked up again as the voice asked another question and blinked feeling her gut knot for a moment.

"You ask a hard question," she spoke finally. "One really never knows what they will do till the actual situation arises. Of course, I want to live. doesn't everyone?" she asked quietly. "Human's naturally turn towards self-preservation." "but I.. would like to think that I would choose to stay behind to save someone I care about." She looked up to the camera with a look of concern.
    Last edited by P.K.; 04-22-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 5/5 Multi = 3/5 PW = 1/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

As the table flips and the coffee service is made available, Storm moves to the table and starts preparing his coffee. Once again looking at the sugar and the assumption that he takes sugar, he lets out a sigh
    "Well, at least I have established that you have not researched me that in depth as you apparently assumed that I would take sugar, which is a wrong assumption on your part."

As the voice whispers
    "We have but final question. Given the choice, would you have freed yourself, or... choose to free someone else from here, knowing that if they leave, you will die?"
    As the coffee brews, Storm starts
    "Still have the mysteriously soft but creepy voice thing going? Interesting. The straight answer is of course I would walk out of this room. Such incomplete questions you provide, perhaps I could get you in touch with someone on my staff to give you better questions. Here is the quinky dinky about this answer."

He takes the spoon for the sugar and removes the coffee beans from the cup of coffee before sitting on the side of the table sipping the coffee.
    "Well, first, excellent choice of coffee, I credit you that. Now for your question. In your question, you simply asked if I would free myself giving me the option of allowing another to leave which would cost me my life. Now, you had never said that if I were to leave that the other would forfeit their life, you left that part to assumption. And you know what they say about the word assume."

Giving that a moment to resonate to whoever was monitoring the creepy whispery voice posing these questions, sips his coffee again before continuing
    "I would surmise the fate of the other would not be based off any answer or action I would take however based off the answer and actions they their selves take. Like with your earlier gunny shooty thing, you said 'they failed', not 'we offed them based off what you said or did'. By the way, have you taken my advise to quit wasting bullets which is kinda an unnecessary expense?"

Holding the cup allowing the warmth of the liquid within the cup keep his palms warm continues
    "Anyway, I will give you that you had some intriguing questions. When you do come and open the door, bring a cinnamon crunch bagel too, it would go simply divine with this awesome coffee. Of yea, need the coffee supplier too, think I will switch coffee vendors when I get back to Squirrel HQ."

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)

Subject #21116 also known as @P.K.;

"We understand", said the voice, "It is a noble choice and by so... we will honor it".

Gas is leaking through the ceiling and P.K. collapses to the ground.

P.K. has been removed from the game.

Subject #18533 also known as @Storm;

A door is slowly opens and allows Storm to leave, "Very well you may go".

As the light grows a music is becoming more visible to announce him as a winner... however something feels... off... and before long he feels a strong impact on his forehead, making him drop to the floor.

Epilogue

As he regains consciousness Storm looks around himself. He is tied to a chair and before him a table upon which there is a cake.

"See it was not all a lie!", Kris appearing out of the blue cutting herself a slice of cake with a knife and chewing slowly, "I don't want people to think I'm lying or anything, yes? Of course there will be cake for the winner, yes?"

She continued to eat, smudges of choclates all over her face, "I'd offer you some, but you seems a little tied up at the moment".

Storm then looks around to see P.K., bluemoon and Breggo13 all working in the office as if nothing had happened. So they have not died after all.... but... Upon closer examanation Storm can see some kind of collars with beeping lights around their necks. Was it maybe a control system to make sure everyone were working?

So he is indeed the winner, but... the cake was still a lie and...

Storm looks up only to see another collar in Kris hands which in doubt heading next for his own neck. she grins as she places it on him and activate it.

Yup, no one actually ever leaves Kris office.

But at least he got a nice badge.

GAME OVER

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Post Game

As Kris connects the collar around Storm's neck, he simply sighs
    "Can't I at least have a collar with Glitter, hummm? Suppose cake was a bit much to expect, secretly been waiting for more Pasta Nights, wait, silly me, that was secretly, but I said it, huh."

Yep, the struggle continues in the never escapable Office Of @Kris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12