End of March, living in the USA...
Sadly I'm in Alaska and I don't get to experience these things personally but I do watch a lot of different news and youtubers covering some of these topics. Or see it on twitter or something...
In no particular order....
1. Cardi B - Made a video a few years ago about drugging her ex-boyfriends and robbing them. Multiple videos apparently, because I saw one that "joked" about also having a "Tranny" sleep with them in a 'threesome'. Someone made a picture comparing what she did to what if a guy drugged a girl to rape her and got a lot of flack for it because it's not the same thing. Yet both are wrong, both are stealing and both are rape *if including the "Tranny" part knowing the guy isn't into that.
2. Russia Collusion - Mueller report denies any evidence that President Trump colluded with Russia. I've seen many people upset about this. As a supporter of whoever is President, I'm happy that it means Trump wasn't treasonous by using Russia. Why would anyone want a president to be bad? Just because they don't agree with everything about him and don't like the things he says (or they hear what he said in bits and pieces picked out of context)
3. Abortion laws - I think there are 2 big things people fight about when it comes to abortion. When does human life begin? Who gets to decide to keep or end the pregnancy? Some states are outlawing abortion past a set number of weeks, like 6 weeks when the heartbeat generally starts. Some are extending it all the way up until the actual birth if you have "health problems" which is pretty general if you ask me. If women should be the only one to decide to end the pregnancy.
4. Democrat Exits - Blexit, LBG(t)exit, maybe more. But groups of "minorities and people of color" are making a statement to exit the democratic party because of various reasons. Be it feeling oppressed by their ideals (like just because you aren't white, you should be a democrat), not being into socialism (which a lot of people feel the democrats are all becoming), or not believing some of the things the left stands for which can be so hypocritical.
5. Green New Deal - I've heard so many different things about what is actually in the GND, like trying to get rid of cow farts, getting rid of or at least lowering use of planes and getting more trains, getting rid of cars and making people use electric... Either way, they put it up to a vote recently and lost 57-0, with 54 people merely voting present so they didn't vote yes or no on it.
6. MAGA hat craziness - Not the people who wear the MAGA hats (Make America Great Again), but the people who see the hat and go crazy. I've seen many videos of random people with these MAGA hats just chilling be it in class where the teachers have gone nuts, in restaurants where randoms strangers have gone nuts, or college campus' where other students have gone nuts. Most of these encounters are filled with the crazy person trying or succeeding in taking the hat and then yelling about how it's bad and why it's bad.
7. Gun rights - 2 parts
A. School Shootings, Religious place shooting. Other countries are banning guns, making crazy laws on guns because of recent shootings where the media blame conservatives and white supremacists.
B. Certain states or small counties of States are making laws to become gun sanctuaries in case of federal laws trying to take guns away from people. Mainly meaning that city law enforcement won't follow federal/state laws on guns, federal and state law enforcement would have to be called to be able to come take guns and stuff.
8. Speech - Free speech VS 'hate speech'.
9. The Wall - Trump got 1 billion for the wall. 100,000 people are headed for the border through mexico.
I'm always open to discuss politics and the different sides of things. I try to be centrist, but I do have a lot of conservative views that I try to keep to myself unless asked.