Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Words, One Story. (Weekly Deadlines)

The Big Meme
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Supernatural threads, fantasy mythology but I'm up to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Default Five Words, One Story. (Weekly Deadlines)

Oh my sweet children of RPApril. I need your words. I need those big old juicy words. I have five words of my own, hidden up my sleeve. Precious...special...strange words.

I want to see what your clever brains can bring me!! Every Friday of this glorious April, I will gift you five things to anyone who wishes to participates!! It is up to you, my friends!! Make them into a story. Let your mind bring these random words to life!! Dream up a world of dancing bunnies, a talking ironing board or heck...even an angry teddy bear ready to bring chaos to this world!!

After submissions for each week, our judges will then decide which member did the best job at this crazy task and a shiny lovely badge will be given to said member!!

P.S. I know that I am not on EST but to make it fair for the vast majority of RPA, I will abide by EST for submissions!! I apologise if I get it incorrect or post things at the wrong time but I'll try my best

Rules!

1. On Fridays, you'll be given five random items, activities, places, etc. You must include them all in
    your submission!
    2. Entries must be formatted into short stories!
    3. Entries may be anywhere from 500 to 1,500 words!
    4. Entries must be submitted to the thread by the deadline! If you're just a little past the deadline, I'll
    let it slide if you give me a gif of a pug!
    5. To minimise confusion, please spoiler your entry and give it a title. Include your username, and the
    week. For example: '"Karma’s dungeon of doom - Week 1. Scottie”'. It doesn't have to follow that
    exact format, but something along those lines would be perfect!
    6. Please keep thread chatter to a minimum.
    7. For the sake of lightheartedness and the spirit of RPApril, please keep your entries [PG-13] or under!
    8. All RPA rules apply!

So what happens after you submit your entry?

Entries will be voted upon by judges. They will be rated based on the following:

• Grammar, spelling, etc.
    • How well you made the unrelated 'five things' fit together
    • General enjoyableness of the story
    • Good story structure, ie; introduction, presenting, conclusion, etc.
    • How original your story is (You can write a parody if you like! But the more unique your story is, the better.)

When the voting is complete, the results will be posted in this thread!
    While one week's entries are being voted upon, another week's topics might be posted in the first post. Don't worry! The results will be coming, and we haven't forgotten about you.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! I may have missed something, or phrased something in a way that makes sense to my silly brain but might not to everyone else's. I want this to be a lot of fun, so if you're confuddled, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Judges

Scottie

Azazeal849

I am currently looking for another member to judge this contest! If you'd like to give it a try, give me a PM please! :3

Alrighty....Lets do this!!

Week 1-
    Deadline: Saturday 6th of April
    Midnight EST
    Words: Mars, Gold, Fear, Cowboy hat, Blood

Week 2-
    Deadline: Saturday 13th of April
    Midnight EST
    Words: Songbird, Coffee, Rain, Cassette, Peanut.

Week 3-
    Deadline: Saturday 20th of April.
    Midnight EST
    Words: Brittle, Dragon, Sword, Light, Cello.

Week 4-
    Deadline: Saturday 27th of April.
    Midnight EST

Words: Secret, knuckles, frown, owl, knife
    Last edited by Scottie; 04-20-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Go vote for RPA!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

The Bounty

It was an accident, I swear. I didn't even knew I'd done it until I checked the dresser shelf and saw it sitting there. But hey, no big deal. I'd just give it back, they'd understand, right?

Except as I left for work, I noticed the guy lounging down by the Henderson's apartment door, wearing a blue pinstripe suit - and a cowboy hat.

I felt my blood run cold with momentary fear. We had our share of country fellows who wear the hat to feel a connection back to Earth, but on Mars, a cowboy hat means a bounty hunter.

But he wouldn't....?

I decided it was silly. It wasn't that big a deal, was it? So I locked my door and headed towards the station to get my coffee and a sandwich to eat on the train to the next dome. But glancing back, I could see that hat sauntering behind me.

It had to be a mistake, right? Who would blow the money over a little trinket like that to hire a bounty hunter? I'd just go to work and put it on his desk and apologize.

Except when I stepped way from the McSam vending machine with my coffee and heated sandwich, the bounty hunter was leaning against a post, waiting. As I stepped up, he lifted his hat and smiled at me.

"Everet Brown?" he asked. "Bounty hunter. I'd like..."

I didn't realize I'd thrown the coffee at him. It was like everything just slowed down and the coffee flew into his face, splashing him with its hot searing fluids. And I ran, bolting for the train in a pure panic. But as I came around the corner, I ran into a wall of flesh.

"Hey, dat's the guy!" said one section of the wall.
    "Yeah?" scowled the other section, grabbing me with one hand and hauling back its massive fist on the other. "Let's pound it."

I took a pile driver to the face, hearing the crunch of bone and feeling my face getting drenched with my own blood, and watching in horror to see that fist pull back to strike again.
    "DROP HIM!"
    "Stay out of...." the Wall started to say, then sullenly opened his fist so I could drop to the ground.

"That man's my bounty," I heard the guy in the cowboy hat say, holding up his badge. "You can leave now, or I take you both down and collect on both your hides. Up to you."

The Wall and its brother stepped back, then turned away to head towards the train.

The Bounty Hunter sighed, tossing me a hankerchief, still wet with coffee. "I think you need this more than I do."
    "But I didn't do anything....!"
    "Relax, you're not the one I'm after," he sighed, kneeling down beside me. "Last night you went out drinking with your boss, and you walked way with something of his. I'm sure those were his bully boys out to get it back. So hand it over."

So I reached into my pocket and pulled out the boss's gold vape pen.

"I didn't mean to take it, it was next to my keycard," I babbled.
    "Yeah, you were pretty drunk. But this is more than just an antique vape," he said, slipping off the side panel to show me the chip inside. He pulled it out and slipped it into a tube, then handed me back the golden vape.

"Now," he said, holding out his phone, "I want you to say your testimony you provided was voluntary and truthful, then press your thumb print in the box."
    "Huh? Yeah, my testimony was voluntary and truthful," I said, glancing at the statement appearing on the phone screen. I pressed my thumb in the box at the bottom, and it flashed green. "Now what?"

"Have a nice day," he smirked, rising and offering me a hand up.
    "What about...?" I mumbled, handing him the wet hankerchief, now stained with my blood and coffee.
    "Keep it."
    Spoiler: いいいいいいいい √Ăłł Єѵł いいいいいいいい 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Spoiler: Nothing Town USA - Week 1 - Storm 
    Last edited by Storm; 04-03-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Spoiler: You are something else ~ Week 1 by Breggo 

The Big Meme
    Mostly Supernatural threads, fantasy mythology but I'm up to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Ooooo shiny things!! These are looking good!! The judges will look over the stories and I will announce the winner on Sunday!!

Week 1 entries are still possible but week two words have been updated into the first post!!

Week two.

Go vote for RPA!

Fandom, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Action/Adventure
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Spoiler: Week 1: Unnecessary Interlude - AsharaSahara | 1500 words 
    Last edited by asharasahara; 04-06-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Mine. Clickie to Discover Tumblr.

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Thank you all for a glorious read. The judges love that you all managed to create a separate world with these words, which is why I love this challenge!!

But as always, there must be a winner. For week one, our winner is....

@Enigma;

Congratulations!! And thank you to all who participated in Week one!!

Week two's words are in the first post!!

Get those fingers a wriggling!!

Go vote for RPA!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Congrats Enigma! I liked the comedic moments and the fact that the greater plot is clearly flying over the POV character’s head!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Fandom, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Action/Adventure
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Spoiler: Week 1: Second Chance - AsharaSahara | 1500 words 

Mine. Clickie to Discover Tumblr.

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

There is still another day until entries for Week two will be finished!!

BUT IN OTHER NEWS, WEEK THREES WORDS ARE UP!!

*insert sparkles and joy* Let me see what your minds can do!!

Go vote for RPA!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast