Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things I don’t hate.

The Art Vandal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dnafein View Post
    To quote Eurotrip: "You know America was founded by prudes. Prudes who left Europe, because they hated all the kinky, steamy European sex that was going on."
    Bahah. Honestly... pretty much.

A guy I know (named Christian, ironically enough) actually told me a few years ago how odd Europeans find the American way of remembering the Puritans as some sort of heroes. In Europe, they are not looked back upon favourably. They were despised in Europe (arguably with good reason), as their dogma did not sit well in a place that was in the Renaissance period.

But eh, it’s crazy how different perspectives are, country to country, even regarding the exact same historical event.
    Last edited by Leanna; 04-05-2019 at 04:27 PM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

> Taco Bell

I like Taco Bell? I'm not a huge fan of any sauces or the special stuff but a regular plain soft taco is good.

> Taco Bell

I've never tried crocks myself, but I didn't realize they were so hated. I've definitely worn worse in public.

> Rap

I like some Rap music. I really, really like Jazz versions of rap songs... My favorite rapper is Watsky. I like him because A) you can understand what he's saying and He puts a lot of work and meaning into his songs.

> Anime

People made fun of anime in school? Weird. I didn't step out of my friend circle much and the things I was made fun of for was usually more deep then something I enjoyed.

> Public affection

Public affection is amazing. I don't like touching. I am single, for life. I have and never intend to find love. BUT! I love love. Watching people who are in love is so sweet and Valentines Day is one of my favorite holidays for that reason. Also the chocolate.

Public displays of affection are so obnoxious and gross, but that could possibly be the sex repulsed celibate asexual in me speaking.
    There's a difference there, for me. If someone is holding hands and making jokes then it's cute and I like it. If they're being sexual then it is a little rude. That's not really a display of affection, it's a display of attraction.

> Breast feeding

I don't mind breast feeding in public either. If I'm having a conversation with my cousin and she needs to feed her baby am I supposed to walk away from her? No, that would just be rude. I don't really like to see breasts at all though. It definitely makes me uncomfortable, so fully exposed can be problematic, but that's not their problem. They shouldn't be limited because a few people are bothered by it.

> Doing Dishes

On a good day, I mean. If I'm having a bad day because of one of my health issues it doesn't count. Still, doing dishes can be relaxing. I especially like the drainer and how it looks when you push it down into the water. I don't like doing other peoples dishes though and I'm glad I live alone.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    Bahah. Honestly... pretty much.

A guy I know (named Christian, ironically enough) actually told me a few years ago how odd Europeans find the American way of remembering the Puritans as some sort of heroes. In Europe, they are not looked back upon favourably. They were despised in Europe (arguably with good reason), as their dogma did not sit well in a place that was in the Renaissance period.

But eh, it’s crazy how different perspectives are, country to country, even regarding the exact same historical event.
    Well, they did essentially get kicked out of Europe...

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

In my school it was, Omac :/

Which I find stupid. Let people enjoy what they waaaaant

Also, interesting responses. I’ll have to check out Watsky.

The crock thing I thought of because I hear people talk shit about crocks when they see them worn in public (at least often enough for me to notice some weird antipathy towards them). The last time was when I was home in December, and a distant family member of mine showed up to see me at a formal event, and he was wearing a pair. I heard a number of people commenting on the photo I took with him, saying... wtf, why is he wearing those at an event? I just raised a brow and thought, erm, none of your business, so how about you leave him alone? He can wear what he wants?!

I guess the same could be said about Uggs, bahaha. They also seem to be oddly hated by some.
    Last edited by Leanna; 04-05-2019 at 05:19 PM.

- banksy

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

If we are doing things that challenge public opinions then I didn't hate the Star Wars prequels. Actually none of my friends at that time hated them either but then in the buildup to Force Awakens everyone seemed to be saying they sucked which I found really weird.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    If we are doing things that challenge public opinions then I didn't hate the Star Wars prequels. Actually none of my friends at that time hated them either but then in the buildup to Force Awakens everyone seemed to be saying they sucked which I found really weird.
    Honestly, I think a lot of the hate they get is because people were expecting them to be the original trilogy all over again or something. They're honestly not that bad(except for Jar Jar, let's forget about him). They're still enjoyable in their own right. I just wish Darth Maul had had more development. He had potential to be a pretty cool villain, but he gets like what? Five minutes of screen time?

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dnafein View Post
    To quote Eurotrip: "You know America was founded by prudes. Prudes who left Europe, because they hated all the kinky, steamy European sex that was going on."
    Hi, you became my favorite person. I loved Eurotrip....

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    Dis is a good one.

> Sparkling water!

I think a lot of Americans aren’t keen on it. (I could be wrong, but just from my experiences.)

I actually prefer it to still water, hah.

- banksy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    Dis is a good one.

> Sparkling water!

I think a lot of Americans aren’t keen on it. (I could be wrong, but just from my experiences.)

I actually prefer it to still water, hah.

My family thinks I'm a weirdo because I like sparkling water too.

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nachthexe View Post
    My family thinks I'm a weirdo because I like sparkling water too.
    I just love the burn

Is that strange?

> Apple products.

Nerp. I don’t hate Apple products. Not sure how brands of phones become such a debated topic amongst some. All of them are just hunks of metal to walky-talky others, so woop dee freaking do regarding which logo is on it. There are pros and cons to both Android and Apple, so not sure why some people feel such passionate hate for either type.

- banksy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast