Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A rose by any other name...[M]{DamoniquexBrokecollege}

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default A rose by any other name...[M]{DamoniquexBrokecollege}

...can draw blood all the same.

Rated M for strong language, violence, sexual themes and content, drug/alcohol use, physical/emotional violence. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Name:'Daring' Darien Fiore
    Appearance:A tall, fit, imposing man with clearly Mediterranean features. At first glance, he appears handsome, but severe, smiling rarely, laughing less. His skin is quite tan, almost the color of caramel, his eyes a cloudy grey-blue often likened to a stormcloud. He has a mane of lustrous black hair sometimes worn loose, other times tied back in a long braid. Almost always impeccably dressed in designer suits, vests, and shoes. Always black fabric with silver buttons, rings, cufflinks, watches. Never gold.

Personality:His eyes are not the only thing often compared to the weather, as his moods are equally changeable. A lull can give way to a sudden rage, over as quickly as it began, while sometimes he's overcast, speaking little, lost in melancholy.

None can truly say what goes on in his head, but there's definitely something broken, weather the result of his tragic life, innocence lost far too young, overwork and stress taking their toll, or just a misfortune of birth. Everyone might have their own thoughts on the matter, but they also know not to give voice to them where he might hear.

Spoiler: Favorite Quotes(Changed Monthly) 

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    romance, werewolves, vampires, etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

full name: delphine louise o'neil.
    appearance: https://data.whicdn.com/images/326471545/large.jpg https://data.whicdn.com/images/304455007/large.jpg https://data.whicdn.com/images/303423494/large.jpg
    short biography: delphine's parents, louise and marshall o'neil, practically raised delphine in their store. she took her first steps in that shop, spoke her first words in that shop--hell, there were even some nights where she slept in that shop! so, it was only expected that the young girl would take over the shop once her parents passed. and, she did. when her father fell ill, delphine took time off of school to help her mother keep the business going. and when her father died and her mother could no longer put in the effort, delphine quit school entirely to help her. now, with her mother practically confined to her bed, delphine runs the store entirely. not that she minds any, as she loves the store and its customers with all her heart and soul.

great minds truly think alike lol
    "and like all lovers and sad people, i am a poet."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okay, so here is what we have so far:
    A plot where cute flower shop owner who wears flower crowns to work every day has a customer who she doesn’t quite understand. He’s such a rough looking guy that’s always accompanied by several men. Every single time he comes in he purchases one single red rose. She never has the courage to ask what for but it’s every day. One day he shows up at her shop to see the windows shattered and a very upset girl sitting behind the counter. To her surprises he offers to pay for the repairs. Unable to say no she accepts. It isn’t until her friend comes in that she realizes she just accepted money from the biggest crime boss in the city.
    with: he buys a single rose for his dead fiancee's grave, who also happened to be a woman that the shop owner was close to in her youth. when the thugs wreck the store, he offers to fix everything (including any debt) in exchange for her, and her shop.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

So, one thing we really need to think about is the fiance, she'll need to be fleshed out, with a few particulars...for one, she needs a name easily shortened into a nickname distinct enough to not be recognized.

A pretty key plot point will be Dare or Delphine being able to talk about her without realizing it was the same person all along too soon. But I guess we could get around that by Darien flat out refusing to talk about her...or communicate in a healthy manner in general.

She'd also have to bear a near enough resemblence to Delphine. Not identical, of course, perhaps a bit taller, different hair color, slightly more tanned or fit...things that could be, y'know Accentuated. Besides that, maybe Delphine picked up a few mannerisms from her as well.

I think you get where I'm going with this, after all, I always try to give my titles an in-story meaning.

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

retweet, i feel it. for names, we can do something like delilah, dahlia, dayana. that is, if we're sticking with 'd' as the first letter.
    as for mannerisms, the fiancee could have taught delphine something. like, how to play the piano or how to sing a song--even better, she always sang like a certain song around her and delphine sings it every so often when she's alone? and their appearance could be like, they both had reddish hair and were relatively the same height, making them appear to be the same from behind or the side? but when you look at them head on, its obvious they're not the same person bc eye color, facial features, etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Alright, sorry to cut this short but my connections getting buggy and my eyes are getting sleepy, so I think it's about time I got to knock off.

Think on that, and the whole thing, we should be able to get started on the IC tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sweet! sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I like Delilah, just Dee for short would work. It fits with the flower theme we have going. Fiore is actually 'Flower' in Italian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alrighty, delilah it is. oh really, it is? well, i guess you learn something knew every day.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

And we have an IC! I thought we might start with the first day Dare ever set foot in the shop, have that interaction. And then skip to various days during the month or so leading up to the shop getting broken into before settling into something close to real-time.

I'm not the best at editing on my Kindle, so please forgive any spelling/gramattical errors I make over the next couple days, I'll give it all a proper polishing to our standards when I get home to my computer.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast