Thread: Fires Fade... (1x1 Dark Souls Inspired RP Recruitment.)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-fi, and general Action!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Fires Fade... (1x1 Dark Souls Inspired RP Recruitment.)

Greetings! I am excited to begin recruitment for a project I've had in mind for a while now. After searching for a good platform- and finding it in this forum- I will now be filling in the detail needed for those wanting to discuss a Dark Souls inspired roleplay. So let us jump right in, shall we?

What I'm Looking For:
    So, as it has been ages since I last took the time to get into roleplay, I would like this particular go-at-it to be casual, to a good extent. When it comes to replies and such, I find my best work is between one and four paragraphs (although I can certainly go for just about anything- I'm not stringient on such things.) As for actual content, I am very willing to explore ideas and concepts in this sort of conceptual stage of things. We will get onto that in a moment.

About the World:
    It seems most obvious that this is Dark Souls inspired. Now I am more than happy to alter the degree of which our world will remain similar to the DkS universe, whether it be actually in Firelink Shrine or the Handmaidens shrine, or in a distant, homemade world of our own design with the general feel and atmosphere of the universe. Either way, we should probably define what exactly I mean by Dark Souls inspired. The general feeling of the world being against you- of hard trials, tragic pasts, and a future doomed to potential madness. These are some of the things that characterize Dark Souls for me, but I will be farily lenient on that- As long as you too find something Dark Souls-ish for this!

Finally, Plots:
    Again, I want this to be part of the collaborative process behind things. It could be anything from a wounded adventurer on the brink of hollowing, saved and tended to by a fellow traveller looking to spread the way of white into the world. It could be two weary souls wandering into the Handmaidens Shrine to find themselfs a small station among the strange people there. I want you to aid in this process because I strongly feel that we should agree via compromise, rather than random chance of meeting someone with the exact needs I have. I also dont really care what character you might bring along, as long as it be within reason. I'll most certainly pick a male for the sake of identifying with the character, but you could go with anything. I'm open to romance and such, and I'm open to not doing it. I'm open to it being MxM, MxG, or anything of the sort. I am going full-on no-holds-barred! Along with this, I tend to have a more 'chaotic' approach to things, where plots that are discussed prior only tend to be guidelines, rather than have regimented events. Not sure if thats abnormal, but it felt important to let in. And speaking of me being new...

What do you think of this post? Am I missing something? Do I need to change some formatting? Please, hit me with some feedback- I am beyond the point of having feelings hurt by constructive criticism! Even if you haven't the slightest interest in participating in this thread, I ask you help me out with this. Hopefully it shouldn't take too much of your time- and someday, we might be able to roleplay together.

I think that about does it. I think my more freeform approach can be adapted over time, and this being my first, it certainly will. Thanks for taking a look, and I'll talk to you soon!

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Just popping in to answer your questions, but may also be interested in collaborating with you as well.

I think your post is very informative...you have outlined well what you are looking for in a partner and what you are looking to create. Your formatting is fine (everyone does it differently). Some people do list what level of writer they are interested in writing with, but this is optional. As you are not a 'member' yet, you will only be allowed two private messages at a time...this will change once you show you are active...sometimes as quickly as one day. Discussing ideas with potential partners in this thread is also fine, but it is easier to do it through PMs so this thread does not get too cluttered.

Have I answered all your questions? If not, shoot away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! I'm quickly becoming acquainted with formatting and expectations of the site, so all is well. Two questions I would like to ask, more for the sake of clarity within this community:
    1. Is there a standard length or expectation on posts? I have seen examples of all, but I was wondering what might be most common for people to use.
    2. I noticed that the use of DM's and GM's are in the server. Do people run D&D Like threads, or is it more just someone who dictates rules? Does the DM run things like NPC's and such, like in D&D? I also noticed it happened to be more common for groups- but that observation could be skewed.
    Sorry if that's a lot to answer, I just want to make sure this is all right. I must say I've already developed a rather high respect for this community based on the quality of work I've seen so far. Thanks a million, really, and if there's anything I can do to help with anything, please let me know!

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

First off, you are very welcome!

As for standard length of posts, there really is no expectation other than what is requested/required by the game master for group RPs or your own personal standard in the case of 1x1s. Letting people know your typical writing amount is a plus, but two to three paragraphs is the most common. Also letting people know how often you can post can be beneficial, whether it be daily, twice a week, or less.

In regards to threads, there are a few RPs that do incorporate dice rolling, but not many. This is a choice made by the GM. NPCs can be controlled by the GM or other players...once again the choice is made by the GM (see a pattern here...lol). The use of dice is most common in group RPs as you mentioned, but it could be incorporated in the 1x1s also if both players wanted to use it. There is a code to use for the dice roll which makes it easier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think that about does it. I really cannot thank you enough for this; With such info, I might go on to try and explore a couple of group roleplay ideas and the like. Again, thank you very much!

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Shame I don't know anything about Dark Souls.

I'll see when you start another game, I'll be sure to check it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Understood; I look forward to our future interactions, however and when they may come!
    In the age of ancients, the world was unformed, shrouded by fog...

But then there was Fire, and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course...

light and dark.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

A sound plan