Thread: [M] Fires Fade... (OOC Chat, Private with Bluemoon)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-fi, and general Action!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default [M] Fires Fade... (OOC Chat, Private with Bluemoon)

A vast desert, pockmarked with the ruins of an ancient civilization. The perfect playing field for those seeking to be heroes- perhaps, even more so, to be scoundrels.

Looming ever-present be the threat of something else. Sinister demons, lurking in the dark, seeking either those weak enough to prey upon or those who could be at risk.

A land where trust is rare and survival is rarer. It can only be hoped that, when two souls meet, they are people of good character. For then, most certainly, one could see the hope that still lies in this world- should there be any good left.
    Last edited by Stockholm; 04-10-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    In the age of ancients, the world was unformed, shrouded by fog...

But then there was Fire, and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course...

light and dark.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Name: Kinna (Kin) Hawtrey

Race: Human/Demon hybrid

Special abilities: Enhanced endurance, strength, and healing.

Class: Thief

Appearance: Kin's ebony mane is long and unruly and typically worn in a loose braid along her back. Off set by her dark hair, her pale green eyes are stunning and sport elliptical pupils, a mark of her hybrid status. While she is slender, she does have curves, which she hides with loose clothing and tight wrappings. Standing at 5'6 she is not an imposing figure, but her muscles are taut and well defined.

Spoiler: Kinna 

Spoiler: clothing 

Other: Kinna carries an 8" dagger in a sheath strapped to her thigh, but her main weapon is a short sword, which hangs at her waist. She typically chooses flight over fight as her true gift is speed and her smaller stature puts her at a disadvantage during combat. Not to say she is lacking in skill, but larger foes tend to overwhelm her with their longer reach. Playing dirty often puts her at an advantage in these situations.

In her youth, Kinna had soft, smooth skin, but the desert and her current life style have marred the canvas. She now has several scars dappled along her body, many of them on her arms which she uses defensively to deflect smaller weapons. Although a thief by trade, she is not against manual labor or most anything else that is requested of her to aide in her survival. She is quick of hand and quite stealthy, two things which come in handy in her profession.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 04-10-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

WIP

Name: Dominique Gammon.

Race: 'Blessed' Human.

Class: Paladin.

Appearance: Weathered and tested are the clothes of the once-renowned clergyman. After several years wandering the deserts, muttering inconspicuously about others and their lack of piety, Dominique has put in the work to create a strong, well-formed body. With broad shoulders, a rectangular frame, and an imposing height of 6'4, he is most certainly menacing- especially with his older attire. A suit of light cloth armor decorated with metal plates for extra protection lead up to a hooded face, framing his angular, gaunt features. From beneath it shine his crystalline blue eyes, and catching the light are his squared chin, broad and ever-so-slightly crooked nose, and softly pronounced cheekbones. An arming sword at his side and a tear-drop shaped wooden kite shield constantly strapped to his arm, he seems as though he is fresh from the military... or a raid.

Spoiler: References: 

Other: Blessed was the once pious man named Dominique, put forward as a pillar of the church and a messenger of the gods. While ordained by priests, it was said he was imbued with holy energies that made him, in essence, an angel. While this has inflated his ego substantially, even he knows well that the blessing has done nothing. Even further, he uses it as a bargaining tool, believing he may use his status as a blessed individual to award him clout with people or to privilege himself over them.

In truth, he is no less a mortal than you or I.

Over-zealous fervor and a strong sword arm are a dangerous combination. Dominique sports training in sword-and-shield play and has numerous accredited duels. Despite his clear victories and accolades, his temper was his undoing, when he committed crimes that had him excommunicated out of rage against fellow clergymen. You can never be fully sure that you are on his good side, and should you near him, ensure you keep cognizant over the fact that he may snap at any given time.
    Last edited by Stockholm; 04-11-2019 at 06:34 AM.

But then there was Fire, and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course...

light and dark.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

My sheet is complete. I added enhanced healing to her list of special abilities--but it only gives her a slight advantage over normal humans...perhaps 25% faster. Pretty much the same can be said for her endurance and strength--she is no match for a man of Dominique's stature, but could hold her own against a man closer to her size.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She looks great! Look forward to working with her.

Dominique now too remains finished. As described, he is a former clergyman went angry. His temper is fiery, he is prejudiced against all that oppose his religious ideals, and is aggressive to a fault when it comes to combat. But despite all this, he remains just a man- even his 'blessed' status no longer carries weight after excommunication. No longer does he even really believe in the gods he serves, instead using them as an excuse to get what he wants. In short, a slimy dirtbag. As large as he is, he is obviously powerful, but even in his comparatively lighter armor, he bears a distinct disadvantage when it comes to speed. Beyond this, his temper can get the best of him, marring judgment or practicality greatly.

light and dark.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I believe they will clash nicely! They will both have to be constantly on their guard to keep their throats intact...lol. I see so much potential for drama with these two and am really looking forward to getting this started!

As a side note, just wanted to add that I love your descriptive style of writing! It made me want to go back and reword my CS--but alas, I resisted. (Mostly because I am too lazy.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aw, I really appreciate that, actually. I'm typically very, very shy about sending my writing anywhere- of course, the anonymity of the internet can remove some of that fear. Hearing that sorta thing really upped my mood. And hey, no need to reword! I quite like your description, and I actually based mine pretty hard off of it in terms of format and syntax. You keep up the good work, cause I promise it doesn't go unnoticed!

light and dark.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Thank you sir! Like you, I am very shy about my writing. I am never satisfied with it and find editing a constant chore. Doesn't keep me from trying though.

And now, I am off to put in a response to our new story. Loved the intro...now to get my game on and kick some butt!

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Oops...I am double posting...bad Moon...lol

I have posted...and I left things kind of open-ended. You can decide if Kinna gets her one arm around his stomach and the other to his neck. We can do a co-post if that is easier also. Typically that is done through PM, but we could also use Google Docs, but you would have to send me a link as I am not very computer literate. We could also do it though Skype if you have an account. Anyhow...enjoying the fight...time to end it and get into the safety of a cave or building.