Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hogwarts RP - Interest and Idea Check

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default Hogwarts RP - Interest and Idea Check

Who doesn't love Hogwarts? The floating candles in the great hall, the classes, the friendships, Quidditch and O.W.L.s....did we mention the ghosts? And who doesn't know Hogwarts after the famous Harry Potter defeated He Who Must Not Be Named?

But, Hogwarts wasn't always a top notch private school. Established in the middle ages, it started out as a school only for the elite - that's the male elite, mind you. Young men from the top noble houses in England, Scotland and Wales were sent to Hogwarts to become the greatest wizards and warlocks of all times. Witches were sent to other schools - if they were lucky, otherwise schooled at home.

The year is 1778. Hogwarts has just gained a new headmaster Richard Salamander III, a man of big ambitions and a progressive outlook. He is opening up the doors to all - young men and women regardless of their background and heritage. Many of the school staff have also been replaced after handing in their notice. The prestige of the school hangs by a thread with many of the noble families considering moving their children to more appropriate institutions.

What would you do if you could become a witch? If you were given the chance to turn your life around? To stop hiding? For magic to be accessible and taught, not hidden away? What if you had the chance to shape the world your way?

Ideas are still in the works but wondering if there is any interest?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Tosses a Slytherin hat into the mix.

I'm game.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

ALL OF THEM. "But seriously, what-" ALL. OF. THEM.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

In the distance, you can hear a strange squealing sound.

Slowly, but steadily, it gets louder, until you can see a dot on the horizon.

The figure gets bigger and the squeals get louder. It’s coming closer.

Maybe you should run? Hide? Get out of the way?

It’s too late - it’s almost upon you.

It’s he-

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

Iím always ready for roleplay. Always.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hogwarts did have at least one female student in the Middle Ages that we know of (Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter Helena) as well as several headmistresses pre-1778 (Phyllida Spore, Edessa Skanderberg, etc.), but the idea of Hogwarts going through a progressive phase sounds intriguing, so I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this!
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 04-13-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Sweet I will get an Ooc up tomorrow hopefully. If anyone has any suggestions/ideas/recommendations, let me know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would be interested as well. Don't do group RP's very often, but I'm a big fan of HP and like your moxy.

PS:Hi Celeste, long time no see!

Spoiler: Favorite Quotes(Changed Monthly) 

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wasn't Hogwarts always open to both male and female students? Anyway, it's your RP idea so carry on!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

After a little research of my own, yeah, the concept is fairly shaky. Honestly, if you wanted to go through an 'integration' storyline, the school opening itself up to half-bloods and muggleborns, or even just the 'lower class' of wizarding society as a whole seems more believable. Two of the four founders were themselves women, it doesn't seem likely they would accept that sort of discrimination.

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damonique View Post
    After a little research of my own, yeah, the concept is fairly shaky. Honestly, if you wanted to go through an 'integration' storyline, the school opening itself up to half-bloods and muggleborns, or even just the 'lower class' of wizarding society as a whole seems more believable. Two of the four founders were themselves women, it doesn't seem likely they would accept that sort of discrimination.
    Honestly, exploring the whole debate on whether to admit muggleborns or not could be super interesting. We know it's canon too since it's confirmed that Salazar did not trust them. His stance made sense for the time period since suspected witches were being hunted by muggles and stuff, which is yet another social issue that could be touched upon in here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I say aye to the above. And depending on which side of the debate our characters are on, it could certainly cause drama, with opinions ranging from 'live and let live' to 'our entire way of life in jeopardy'. And, of course, all of that 'Ancient and Most Noble House of X" shit among the suddenly threatened and reactionary purebloods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast