Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Search the Stars OOC [M]

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Hey y'all, I just need to tell you; I'm gonna be gone for a few months here in a few weeks, so my posting will be sporadic at best if we get an IC up between now and then. If not, well, I'll get to it as soon as possible. I'll be back around mid-August. I suppose my characters will just be in cryosleep until I get back
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 04-24-2019 at 06:33 PM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

J3 knows basic first aid. Do we have an autodoc? It could be programmed to perform basic stabilizing care but requires a doctor to really open up its surgical suite. Or bribing the ship's AI.

Something I should mention - Killbot is its own private nickname. Everyone else would call it by its callsign, Jay-Three, or simply "SecBot." SecBots are not considered to be people, due to their cyborg enhancements and cloned parts. While some would remember that an Ansen SecBot killed a bunch of miners years before, the only people who know J3 was the deadly unit would be Ansen and a handful of lawyers in the lawsuit over the faulty equipment they supplied.

It does have the ability to hack computer systems - Ansen Security Systems (which the SecBot and drones are its mobile part) has a secondary business dealing in their client's private information.
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-24-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

@Enigma;

The name has been changed to J3. In regards to an autodoc, we don’t have one... yet. I’m most likely going to be changing the specifications of the ship as I get given more ideas.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I think there should be an autodoc, but it breaks down around the time I return, so there's a reason Kamala just pops out: they need a new doctor
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 04-25-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Supernatural, high school/college, sci fi, post apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm pretty interested in this RP, but honestly it's hard to think of a role I could fill. I was wondering though, if maybe there would be a spot open for a type of counselor or therapist? Since Earth is dying, and humanity is potentially doomed, I know that kind of pressure would wreak havoc on the crew's emotions and stuff. Just a thought. Thanks.
    Everyone has their own story, try to be understanding of their chapters. -me

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I wonder if that would be considered some kind of doctor
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Most likely a Counseling Psychologist. Not only would they be helping the crew stay sane, they'd also help evaluate planets for their suitability. If there's a native culture, we'd need someone qualified to study it - once again, their job.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

@DeadPoetic;

We could definitely use that kind of character. As Enigma said, a "Counseling Psychologist" would keep a check on the crew's mental state and study native cultures, should the crew come across them. However, the character would be classified as a scientist.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

If you're still accepting I'll have a sheet up for a botanist! I would think plant life would be important on the new planet??

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Texan Queen View Post
    If you're still accepting I'll have a sheet up for a botanist! I would think plant life would be important on the new planet??
    As well as judging the suitability of planting Earth crops in native soils. We might have to do some ground sterilization and then introduce Earth microbes to the soil.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast