Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya stopped laughing and lifted her head to look the man in the eye as steadily as she could. "We are not here to harm your city. That I know for sure." As she spoke the building began to shake and her eyes grew wide with fear. What the hell is going on? She barely heard the commander's words as he grabbed her hair and pulled her up. She let out a little yelp and staggered behind him. The sight in the hall left her speechless. She followed along behind the commander as he turned down a different hallway. God's I hope the others are alright!
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos was shaken by the sudden turn of events, and as he watched the elevator he was about to get on suddenly be destroyed, he knew that if he was to escape, the time was upon him.

A voice, seemingly coming from a distance then told him roughly the same. He would have pondered more on the strange source of the voice that called to him, or the sudden destruction of the building, but he found his bindings freed, and burst into action.

He looked at the soldier closest to him, and gave a strong, sudden right hook to their unsuspecting face. Then, he took off running, back the way he had come, trying to keep his balance among the collapsing debris and shaking of the building. Demos had kept visual track of where they had been taking him, and now was using his memory to find his way back, even if things were looking a bit different.
    --------------------------------------

Vel was silent as the guards pushed him along. Of all the dangers they were supposed to have faced, he hadn't planned on dying for a crime he hand't even thought of committing. How had he been so foolish as to sign up for this?

Vel was taken by surprise when the wall caved in. He keeled forwards as his bound hands were unable to protect his face from the dust. His head down, he noticed the hand on the leg, and heard the voice attached to it, "First you killed my friend, now my family, the least you could do is finish me off too."

Vel stammered, unable to put forth any words. He shook his leg free of the hand, and started running off in the first direction he saw open. Trying to forget what had just happened, but unable to as the continued shaking of the building reminded him.

He looked around, dazed and confused, trying to find his way back to the medical office where Aleksandra had been taken.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Commander Petras reached behind Zyanya and her restraints fell to the floor. "Now is your chance to prove your innocence miss Istar. If you and your team truly had no hand in this, help me save a lot of people. We need to get to the Arboretum. This whole facility should've gone into lockdown... the parts that are left at least." He then began to make his way down the hallway, stopping to make sure Zyanya was following.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Vel stumbled back down the way he came, Demos was quickly making his way back towards the cell. It was only one hundred or so feet straight down the hallway before Vel came across the medical bay. Unfortunately, the door was sealed. Aleksandra's screaming could barely be heard over the thundering sound of the destruction around them. It wasn't too long after that Demos came running around the corner to where the cell was located, and with the straight, albeit long hallway to the medical bay, Demos could see Vel at the door. In between him and Vel, the hallway was barely intact and navigating through the rubble and debris was made even more difficult by the damp floor caused by a busted water pipe and live electrical wires now exposed through the wall. However, this seemed to be the only immediate way through to where Vel stood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vukani head was ringing and his vision blurred. He was helped to his feet by someone, but he couldn't quite see who. "Sir... Are you alright?" he could barely make out.

It was Ezpalli. She was covered in dirt, but she seemed alright. "Are you okay, sir? I barely got you out of that pile of rubble. I think you hit your head." she asked with clear panic in her voice.

The two seemed to still be in the holding cell, and their restraints had been disabled in the chaos. Ezpalli helped Vukani to his feet, and the two stumbled out through the broken door. "We have to find the others, and fast." Vukani said, grunting in pain.

"I want to find them to, but how are we going to do that when we don't know where we are and the walls are falling around us?" Ezpalli asked.

"We will figure it out." Vukani said before heading down the first hallway he saw.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya shook her hands to allow her blood flow to normalize and nodded in response to the commander. "I will do all I can. I still feel a bit odd after you injected me with that weird concoction. I do also want to make sure my friends are still alive as well though, if we can get to them." She followed closely behind Petras as he made his way down the hallway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When Demos turned the corner, and saw Vel in the distance, he was relieved he had been able to remember the way back in all the chaos. He analyzed the hallway, quickly realizing making his way down could be dangerous.

"Vel!" Demos shouted, hoping that Vel could see any danger on his side.

Vel, who was banging on the medbay door, yelling for Aleksandra, turned, and seeing Demos was filled with a little bit of relief. It was good to have someone like him in a situation such as this.

"They shot Alek, shes in here, but the door's locked. What the fuck is going on?"

Demos yelled back, "We'll worry about that later. I need to get to you! Do you see any hazardous electricity or anything?"

Vel looked it over. It all just looked like debris to him, but he did notice a pool of water and a wire that was sparking close to the end.

"There's a puddle with some electricity over here, and a lot of sharp edges. Watch out!"

That wasn't as detailed as Demos would have liked, but Vel seemed panicked. He looked around, realizing that there may not be another way through. He pulled a metal pipe from the rubble, and started using it to push anything out of his way, hoping he wouldn't strike an exposed wire.

"I'm going to try to get across. Stay there!" Demos yelled, beginning his passage through. Vel tried getting a better look into the medbay to see what was going on.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The violet shaking that threatened to rip the building apart seemed to subside for the time being. Demos carefully dodged his way through the rubble separating him and Vel. It was a short ten meters, but it was no easy task. The narrow spaces were difficult for Demos to fit through, but his size also helped him to move some of the deformed metal just enough for him to squeeze by. A slight shift in rubble caused an avalanche behind him, but Demos' quick reaction allowed him to avoid getting crushed. There was only one way to go now.

As Vel watched, the door to the medical bay shot open. Behind it stood a short Brenan girl in a medical uniform messing with a panel next to the door. Seeing Vel, she fell backwards on the floor and gasped in shock. Two men stood next to Aleksandra, one in a guard uniform and another in a medical uniform. The guard immediately raised his weapon and fired in a panic, his shots going wide and bouncing off the door frame on the side opposite of the girl. She screamed and the man in the medical uniform grabbed the soldiers gun. "You idiot! You'll hit Natasa!" The soldier stood down and ordered a threat to Vel. "If you come in here... I'll.. I'll shoot your friend!" There was clear panic in his voice. The chaos had broken the soldier in him.

Demos was about 7 meters through the hallway when the gun was fired. Luckily, the guard seemed focused on Vel since there was a clear line of sight between Demos and the barrel of the gun. Perhaps it was the dim emergency lighting that helped obscure him or maybe it was the guard's panicked head space. Demos now faced a pool of water and some exposed electrical wire from a portion of wall that had caved in. A large metal support beam had fallen from the ceiling above, but helped keep the rubble at bay. There was no solid footing for Demos to cross the electrified pool in the crater below. His only options seemed to be to jump the remaining few meters or pray the support beam could hold his weight as he scrambled across.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Petras jogged in silence. He gave Zyanya no indication of where they were going, if they were trying to escape, rescue her friends, or delve deeper into the chaos. A worried frown replaced his sly smile and the perspiration on his face reflected the red emergency lights. They seemed to be going upwards through the facility. As they passed a hallway to their right, Zyanya thought she heard someone call her name from somewhere down the hallway they just passed. It was a females voice. The hallway's emergency lighting had been knocked out and occasional sparks rather meekly try to ward off the darkness to no avail. A voice had come out of the darkness, but the darkness was not going to give up its secret identity so easily.
    Last edited by UserError404; 06-30-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya panted as she followed Petras, the effects of the day's beatings and drugging lingered. She paused as she thought she heard a female voice down a hallway they had just passed. "Sir wait! I think someone just called my name down that hall! It could be my friends!" Before Petras had even responded she hurriedly headed into the darkness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"It's going ok so far, hold on!" shouted Demos, continuing to navigate his way through the hallway. His head shot up, stopping him in his tracks, when he heard a shout and a gunshot.

With the sudden opening of the door, Vel gasped just as much as the woman did, but upon seeing the gun, he ducked down, yelling "Shit!" as a shot rang out.

"If you come in here... I'll.. I'll shoot your friend!"

Vel looked up, horrified, "No one's going anywhere, just stop fucking shooting alright? We all just want to get out of here. Why don't you let me take my friend and we'll go?"

Vel really hoped Demos would hurry up.

Vel got his wish, but not perhaps how he wanted. Moments later, Demos leaped across the last gap, and went into a roll as he landed, immediately recovering and assessing the situation. He was about to use his surprise to charge the gunman, but Vel put his hand on Demo's shoulder, which threw him off.

Vel knew what Demos wanted to do, and also that either he or Alek would get shot if he did it.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Vel and Demos planned their next move, so did the Menan inside the medical bay. The soft sound of whispering lasted for several painful seconds before the male doctor spoke up. "You're right. We all should be getting out of here. If you want your friend you can take her, but you let us leave first. Stay where you are until we get done the hallway, otherwise I can't stop him from shooting some more." The doctor listened for Vel's response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Zyanya's eyes peered into the darkness she could see no one. Metal began to screech somewhere behind the walls and any sound she thought she heard was drowned out. Petras was still focused on the mission. "Come back Miss Zyanya, please! We have work to do!" He yelled impatiently into the darkness. As the sound of twisting metal subsided, She heard it again. The voice of a familiar female calling her name again. It sounded like Ezpalli. However, the emergency light Zyanya had previously been walking in prevented her eyes from adjusting to the darkness enveloping the voice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Ezpalli! Ezpalli is that you? Where are you?" Zyanya shouted into the darkness desperately, ignoring the impatient man shouting at her from behind. She didn't like the ominous sounds of metal scraping against metal. "We have to get out of here now!"

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast