Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vel nodded, "We'll get out of your way, we're all cool," he then turned to Demos, "We're all cool, right Demos?"

Demos glared at him, but said, "That sounds good."

It was against Demos's spirit to let an enemy go, but he realized the usefulness of this situation. Perhaps he could follow them and find a way out of this gods forsaken place.

He wasn't sure they ever would on their own.

Vel was relieved Demos was going along, he could now only hope they would leave and hold up their end of the deal.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The darkness enveloped Zyanya, and its cold grasp was reinforced by the dull creaking and rumbling of bending metal. The lights behind her had cut out, almost as if the voice was a trap set by the darkness to lure her into its embrace. There was nothing. No voice. No Petras. No lights. No sense of direction. What felt like minutes passed as Zyanya struggled to fight through the darkness, to have it surrender the source of the voice, but it refused to yield.

Suddenly an intense white light cast Zyanya's shadow down the hallway and the darkness retreated for a time. Behind her stood Petras with an emergency flashlight and a scornful look. The light casting her shadow revealed two familiar faces. Ezpalli, a little scratched and dirtied but looking no worse for wear, and Vukani, blood matting down his black hair and running down his face to an arm that looked clearly dislocated. Nonetheless, they were alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group in the medical lab began to leave. The doctor and his assistant began to pack a few medical supplies in a small bag and made their way out of the room. The gun of the accompanying guard stared down Vel and Demos with intense focus. As the assistant passed by Vel, she paused for a moment and looked up to him as if to say something, but was hurried along by the others. The guard got several meters down the hallway before resting the gaze of his weapon and continuing on.

Aleksandra lay on the medical bed, dazed and quietly groaning. The wound had been cleaned and, judging by the empty syringes laying close by and her dazed state, some sort of sedative had been administered. Blood oozed from the wound and quickly undid the cleaning of her previous attendants. Used and unused Medical equipment lay strewn throughout the room. There was still work that needed to be done, if there were only those who knew how to do it.
    Last edited by UserError404; 09-22-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya fought her rising panic as the darkness enveloped her. She pushed further into the corridor, ignoring the sounds of destruction around her. "Ezpalli! Please! Are you there?" She called out desperately.

Suddenly the hallway was illuminated and she glanced back to see an irritated Petras. She looked forward again and gasped at the sight of her friends. "Thank the gods we found you! Sir! Are you alright?!?" She rushed towards them and looked over Vukani's injuries. "We need Vel. We need to find the others and get out of here!" She looked back at Petras and her heart sank. "But... I have to help him. His people are dying! Come with us! He's our best bet right now!" She pleaded desperately with them. Though she knew Vukani would likely want to avoid Petras, she also knew he understood the dire situation they faced.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As soon as the guard's gun went down, Vel ran over to Aleksandra. He observed her wounds, and sighed that she was at least still alive.

Demos stared the guard with the gun directly in the eye, waiting from him to even twitch, and as soon as the medical staff left, Demos also went into action. He watched as they disappeared into the darkness, noting which way they went, and ran over to Vel to see what was happening.

"We need to go now, how is she?"

Vel, starting to scavenging what medical supplies he could to finish what the others started, replied "We can't leave yet, she's not ready to move. The wound is still open, I don't even think they got the bullet out yet."

"We don't have time for that, we need to tail those assholes out of this place before it caves in on us."

"If we move her now she could die."

"If we stay here we will all die."

Vel looked up, putting his hand in the wound trying to locate the bullet, "You go, I'm not leaving until she's ready."

Demos scoffed, "I'm not going to leave you here."

Vel paused, then looked at Demos again, "Follow them while you still can. Find the exit, then come back and lead us out, maybe find the others along the way, if they're still alive."

"I was lucky to find my way back the first time, I don't know if I will be able to again."

"You know it's the right call, I'm good here, go, and stop distracting me."

Demos sighed, tossing around his options in his head. "I'll be back," he said before darting out into the hallway, going in the direction the others went.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Once the light illuminated the hallway and Vukani saw Zyanya, he stopped leaning on Ezpalli and stood up straight with a grunt of pain. "Thank you Ezpalli, I can walk from here." he whispered to her.

Petras kept his hand hovering over his pistol until he decided if he really could trust the people he recently had imprisoned. Vukani came face to face with Petras, "Are my people okay?" He asked coldly.

"When I last left them, they were alive. I cannot guarantee what has happened to them during this calamity." Petras responded. After a moment of contemplation, he continued "General Yengwayo. The war has left us all devastated. There are those out there who wish to bring further harm to Oudhal. I'm sure you can understand that I have to take every threat seriously. If you had the information I was given, surely you would've done the same to protect..." Petras was interrupted.

"I understand that old prejudices die hard," Vukani interrupted, "So I don't need your apologies. What I need is my people and a way out of your mess."

"Fine. What I need is your help. We are almost to the antechamber. Help me find what I am looking for and I can put an end to this calamity and you will be free to leave. Immediately." Petras irately responded.

"I'm going to help you because innocent people are suffering, not because I owe you anything." Vukani said.

Petras grunted in acknowledgment and led them further into the facility. Ezpalli walked next to Zyanya. "Things are bad Zyanya... I hope the others are alright." She with concern.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Vel's knowledge and the tools available, he was able to begin working on Aleksandra. The facility seemed stable enough at the moment to finish the work. First came the removal of the bullet. After that, he could disinfect and close the wound, provided the room remained stable.

Meanwhile Demos tailed the medical staff through the hallway. The group hadn't gotten too far ahead of him as he noticed them turning right at the end of a hallway to his left. Keeping his distance to avoid being noticed, he saw them enter a maintenance hallway, turn right, and take the 5th door on the left which led to loading bay. Inside there were four small loading skiffs which were designed to bring loads from the surface to the facility. As security guard worked on manually overriding the bay door lockdown, the younger female medical officer saw him peeking through the doorway and screamed. This was followed by 3 shots grazing the doorway and the sound of metal doors grinding open. A couple more shots were fired, but not at the doorway, before a skiff roared to life and flew away. When Demos looked, two of the skiffs had been taken.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya's heart pounded as the two men tensely conversed and she reached over to take Ezpalli's hand. She followed Petras as he led them further into the chaos and she held back tears as the events of the day truly began to hit her. Ezpalli's concern only made it harder for her to hold out hope but she knew she had to be strong for her friend. "You are right Ezpalli. Things are bad, but our crew is tough and resourceful. I'm sure they will make it!" Her voice was confident but her heart was very very heavy.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vel was sweating as he worked. It had been a few years since he was a combat medic, and what he was doing now was something that would have been done once the wounded reached an aid station, not something a frontline medic like him would have done.

But despite his inexperience, nervousness, and the thought of the place collapsing in on him at any second, he continued working. And all said and done, he was doing pretty good. He began to disinfect the wound and started preparing to sow it up.
    ---------------------

Demos quietly and with focus followed the medical team as they escaped. He made mental notes along the way of where he was going, and how to get back. With discipline and focus, he thought, it was actually possible for him to lead them out of here.

His thought was interrupted as one of the medical staff let out a scream. Demos quickly ducked behind the wall as bullets came flying at him. Once it was quiet, he looked around again, and saw that there were still two skiffs remaining. That could be useful.

He at once started his way back to Vel and Aleksandra, quickly making the turns as he remembered them.

He came back, seeing Vel still at work. "How is it going?"

Vel jumped a little bit, "For god's sake, don't scare me like that. It's going good. Did you find a way out?"

"Yes, how soon can we move?"

"I'm almost done. Gather some bandages and antiseptic for me."

Demos began doing that, ready to leave.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Petras lead Vukani and the others further down the hallways for a few brief minutes before the hallway began to open up and they arrived at a large circular door that was roughly 15 feet in diameter. He held his hand against a panel in the center of the doorway and used his other to insert a key next to the panel. The door screeched to life, slowly and painfully receding then rolling to the side only slightly before the mechanisms grinded to a halt. Luckily, this was enough to slip through one at a time.

Inside was a large cylindrical room, spanning at least 30 feet high and probably equally so in diameter. Lab equipment was scattered everywhere, along with a handful of bodies. Some looked like scientist, other looked like guards. In the middle was a large, empty pedestal that seemed to connect to some larger contraption that took up a large portion of the room. To left of the entrance, a lone figure stood over some sort of control panel. Ezpalli gasped as she saw the bodies. Vukani stood alert as he slowly checked the room before checking the bodies.

Petras immediately marched over to confront the figure at the panel. "Arsov. What happened here? Where is the artifact?"

This figure, Arsov, stood over the console, staring in horror. His clothes covered in blood, whether it was his own or someone else's was unclear. "The Menan. From the church. With the suit... Angelevski, Kitanova... Jasmina, she... saved me..." he said between sporadic breathes.

"Arsov. Do you have your key? Arsov! We need to get Atropos online." Petras quickly began working on the panel. Arsov continued to hesitate.

"Arsov!" Petras grabbed the man by his shoulders. "Arsov, a lot of people have died. I am sorry about Jasmina. Truly. If we don't get Atropos online, more will die. When I tell you, turn your key and hit the alpha-scram button."

Arsov, blinked a few times and slowly began to move, inserting his key and watching the commander. After a several swift button pushes, Petras inserted his key as well. "Now!" he yelled.

Suddenly, the lights turned from a harsh red to a much brighter, yet softer green. The rumbling ceased as a faint electronic humming came from the contraption in the center of the room. The door that reluctantly came back to life and was able to open fully. Whatever Petras had done, it seemed to stabilize the facility.

"There." Petras pointed to a display on the wall above the console. "Delchev. Damn that church. We need to catch him before he gets away. Without the artifact, Atropos will fail. Arsov, keep me updated on his position!" Petras said before running towards the door.

"Wait. Delchev. Do you mean Mirko Delchev? He is here?" Vukani asked, afraid to get an answer.

-----------------------------------------------

As Vel was preparing to sow the wound and Demos began gathering supplies, the lights changed from red to green. The facility itself seemed to respond to this change and began to stabilize. For the time being, things seemed calm. As Vel looked down at Aleksandra's wound, it began to close on its own, to the point where the place the wound had been became indistinguishable. She twitched and slowly sat up. Her movements were slow and groggy, as if she had just woken up from a dream.

Her eyes slowly opened. "Vel? What... Why are we in a medical bay?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya followed the others in a daze. "Please let us find the others." Just kept echoing on repeat in her head. She snapped out of it with a gasp as they walked into a room strewn with bodies. A hand flew to her mouth. Her teary eyes locked with the frozen figure of the man Petra's addressed as Arsov. He was covered in blood. She stood silently as the two men worked together to calm the facility. She felt her muscles loosen just a bit and realized how tense she had been from the frightening red atmosphere that had been surrounding them. The slight release of tension didn't last long as this whole plight was blamed on Mirko. Her sadness and confusion and fear all melted into one overwhelming emotion. Anger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vel was relived when the lights changed and the facility seemed to calm down. It seemed maybe they had survived after all. But what happened next caused him to drop his tool, and stare in disbelief.

He watched as the wound closed up, and healed on its own. "Holy shit....."

Demos was busy gathering supplies as Vel had told him when the lights changed. It was good to be able to see again. He turned his head at the sound of metal dropping. "Is everything alright?"

"Vel? What... Why are we in a medical bay?"

Demos turned, perplexed. Aleksandra had seemed out of it only a moment before. But she did seem the tough sort. He walked over, and looked at the wound, now noticing what Vel had.

Vel replied, "Uh....you were shot. Do...do you feel ok?"

Demos would love to have known more as well, but he realized they were running on a different sort of borrowed time if the catastrophe was over. The place would seen be flooded with soldiers and rescue workers. They had to get out before that happened.

"Can you stand?" he asked.
    Whatever could it be

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast