Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya silently nodded at the guards who handed her her belongings. She slung her sniper rifle over her shoulder and let it come to rest across her back, as it would do her little good in closed quarters. She took her worn bow staff from a guard with reverence, and let its familiarity cleanse her. She could do this. She could keep it together for her crew. If she lost it again like she did when they first landed there was no telling what these people would do. Right now these people were not her enemies. Mirko was. The snake. He was who she should focus all her energy on. She tightened her grip on her staff and followed the others into the halls of a service corridor. Where they were met with the sound of gunshots.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vel covered his hears as the gunfire began. "Shit!"

"You're a great a warrior and yet you help these backwards fools seeking the very things that destroyed our world. And for what? Money? Power? Glory? What good is any of that in a world that is dying."

Demos shouted back at him, "I don't give a fuck about the world." He then quietly cursed to himself, wishing he had a gun.

Once the shots stopped and they were left with the sound of whispering, Demos looked at Aleksandra. He wanted to see if she had a plan. Running in there with guns facing them was tantamount to suicide, but Demos didn't want to let them get away. "Any bright ideas?" he whispered.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Any bright ideas?" Demos whispered to Aleksandra. She thought for a moment. As the sound of gunshots were replaced with whispers, she peaked around the corner. "Well, if you're still trying to kill him," she whispered turning back to Demos, "that's going to be a bit difficult."

"If we can get to the supervisor station over there..." Aleksandra pointed towards the left wall, about 40 ft from the stairs, to a small room with a large glass window and a door, "...We might be able to lock down the loading bay and at least stop them from escaping." she said.

There was sufficient cover next to this door, but the plan involved a mad dash of at least 25 feet in between cover. Three more shots landed above the doorway before the whispering started again. "Unless anyone else has anything else. Vel?" Aleksandra asked.

This time, the whispering was followed by footsteps and then two more shots. It seemed that Mirko and his lackey were running. Barely peaking around the corner, Aleksandra saw that the two of them were running towards the open bay door. "Well, we better act fast. Demos, I'll follow your lead." Aleksandra said, looking at Demos and preparing.

Luckily, Mirko's new position gave him a much less advantageous vantage point on the door and his shots landed several feet to the right. "I want you all to know," Mirko shouted, "I'm just trying to make things right, for Massrend, for Megazolis, for Varac! We owe it to the people we lost, your comrades Demos, to destroy these artifacts. You may not agree with me now, but time will see me on the right side of history."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Petras and his two guards slowed at the sound of gunshots and drew their weapons, preparing for a fight. As the guards tactically cleared each corner of this narrow and winding corridor, Vukani turned to Zyanya and Ezpalli. "I know we are all spread pretty thin right now. Stay behind Petras and please, be careful. I don't want to lose anyone." He said solemnly.

Vukani gripped his light rifle and hugged the wall, following behind Petras and his guards. Ezpalli gripped her pistol with shaking hands and nodded at Vukani. She wasn't like Demos or Vukani, she was only a researcher and her combat experience was little to none. As she stared at her pistol, she hoped she wasn't going to have to use it.

As the two guards came around the next corner, one stopped and both raised their weapons. "Sir," the guard said, "We've got three targets. They don't look one of ours. Please Advise."

Before Petras could speak, the other guard chimed in "Is that... Sir, I think those are the prisoner!"
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya positioned herself confidently behind Petras and looked as far ahead as she could for anywhere she could use for cover. But the corridors were narrow and with all the others in front of her and guns between her and the potential enemies, this was not exactly her ideal. She was best at hand to hand combat, or extreme long range of course.

She listened in on the guards and her ears perked up when they said "sir I think those are the prisoners!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Unless anyone else has anything else. Vel?" Aleksandra asked.

Vel looked up at Aleksandra with fear in his eyes. He couldn't think of anything to say.

Demos thought it over. They didn't have a lot of time, but he'd be damned if he'd let these bastards get away. He looked Aleksandra in the eye, and said "Shut them in. I'll get to them."

Demos positioned himself next to the door, peeked in to get their position, then made himself ready to run to the nearest cover once they were distracted by the loading bay doors closing.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aleksandra ducked into the room and made a mad dash for the supervisor station. At the same time, Vel and Demos heard "Stop!" as a bright light shone down the hallway. It seemed that two guards had caught up with them. Whatever Vel and Demos had planned, it was time to act or be caught.

As Aleksandra ran, a bullet soared just above her shoulder, forcing her to take cover behind a shipping container. She had only made it half way before they caught on to her which was further than she thought she would get. But now, she was pinned down as the shipping container was peppered with gunfire. She watched for Demos or Vel, hoping they were in a position to cause a distraction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Go, see if they are hurt and what the hell they are doing." Petras ordered his guards and the guards advanced.

Vukani immediately followed the guards and Petras began to object but kept his mouth shot and followed behind Vukani. Ezpalli followed too, staying close to Zyanya. She began to smile, hoping that these were in fact her teammates and they would be found in good health.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya hurried in behind Vukani and the guards, her heart pounding. Please please be them! Please please be ok! She kept an arm protectively in front of Ezpalli to ensure she could jump in front of her at a moments notice if something went wrong.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As soon as Aleksandra ran in, a light shone on Demos. "Stop!" he heard shouted, and he acted before even thinking, diving into the doorway into the loading bay before the new guards could get a shot on him. He quickly spotted where Mirko's lackeys where at, and hid behind the closest piece of cover between them.

Shit, enemies in front, enemies in back. He looked around for something to use, he knew he couldn't stay here.

----------------------------------

"Stop!" Vel heard, before seeing Demos disappear. As the light shined on him, he raised his hands in the air and said "Don't shoot!"
    Whatever could it be

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314