Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya smiled at the tall golden girl in front of her and took a moment to enjoy her warm handshake and take in her appearance. As she released her hand and turned away, Zyanya let her eyes wander to the other members of the party. She took them all in for the first time and felt like she was in good hands. Several of the members seemed like military, and she knew how smart Ezpalli was. She did feel a bit hesitant about the currently drunken one called Vel, but she hoped he was just excited to start the mission and allowed himself to falter briefly.

She got in line to get checked in and listened intently to Ezpalli's story telling as she meandered to their sleeping area, tossing her bag on the bunk below Aleksandra, across from Ezpalli. She plopped down on the bed and stretched her arms above her head with a yawn and a small involuntary squeak. She rolled over and pulled out her journal. She intended to document as much of this adventure as possible. She scrawled a few notes before tucking her journal away and pulling herself up to look around for the others. They all seemed to be settling in so she spoke up. Her soft voice carried better than she thought it would in the metal room so the sound of her own words shocked her a bit. "Um, sorry to bother you all. But, we didn't really get to properly introduce ourselves at the bar. So I thought maybe we could play a game to get to know each other a bit better. If that's ok with you." She looked around at the others faces with innocent anticipation.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vel swayed as he waited in line with the rest of the group, but was now more quiet and reserved, fatigue setting in. He half listened to the conversations of the other group members while they awaited boarding. Once they were let on, he haphazardly handed his papers to the crewman checking, and then went to the bunks, collapsing on the first bed he saw in their assigned area.
    -------------------------------------------------

Demos continued to analyze the rest of his group while they waited in line. He had spent his whole life training others to be the best soldiers they could be, so when he looked at most of the rest of his group and saw inexperience, disorganization, and naivety, his mind went to how to erase that from them.

Of course few others ever matched up to the spartan lifestyle Demos had been raised in, so he had had to learn ever since leaving his home country to tolerate less organized and disciplined behavior.

Once they had boarded, Demos sat his things on one of the outer bunks in the area where their group was, and started looking through his supplies, double checking and double organizing.

He was just pulling out his firearms to clean them, when another member of the group spoke up, in a soft, timid voice. "Um, sorry to bother you all. But, we didn't really get to properly introduce ourselves at the bar. So I thought maybe we could play a game to get to know each other a bit better. If that's ok with you."

Games? What were they. children? Demos then heard Vel say, muffled by the pillow his face was planted in, "I love games!" Apparently, they were.
    Last edited by Holocene; 05-16-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ezpalli was sitting up on her bed, observing the others, deciding how she would spend her time on the ship. When Zyanya suggested a game, Ezpalli was all for it. "So what kind of game are we going to play? Is it a guessing game? I'm a very good guesser!" she excitedly inquired.

From the top bunk, the more mellow Aleksandra spoke up "A game? Sounds pretty lame. Count me in!" The somewhat curious Brenan poked her head down at Zyanya from the top bunk, though her braided ponytail hung down long before her face did.

Vuhkani claimed the remaining bunk, unpacked his things, and loosened his tie a little bit. He heard the talk of a game, but didn't seem particularly interested. Not wanting to ruin everyone's fun however, he excused himself "Go ahead and start without me, I'm going to familiarize myself with the ship. Perhaps I will join you all in the next round!" The general walked out of the sleeping area and explored the lounge and surrounding places open to passengers.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya giggled excitedly and gave Aleksandra's braid a gentle tug, smiling up at her brightly. "Yay! Ok! So, lets play two truths and a lie. It's pretty self explanatory. You say two truthful things about yourself and one lie. The others have to guess which one is a lie and if you guess right you get a point and the liar loses a point. We will start out easy and say the first one to three points wins!" She scooted to the edge of the bed so she could better see everyone else. "I'll go first." She paused for a moment and put a hand to her chin in concentration. "Hmm... Ok! Number one, I am twenty five years old. Number two, I have two sisters. Number three, i'm a horrible cook!" She crossed her legs and placed her hands on top of her knees with a smile. "Ok! Make your guess!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos continued to inspect his firearms, watching the others gather out of the corner of his eye. Once the General left the room, Demo's curiosity was peaked, and shortly after he got up, mumbled an excuse to the rest of the group, and started wandering the ship in search of the General. It would be nice to have a chat, to understand his background and expertise, and what he thought of the rest of the group. Even if he was from Megazolis, he was a military man, and that was something Demos valued.
    -----------------------------------------

Vel flopped of the bed, awkwardly landing on the floor, before then situating himself in the circle with the others. After Zyanya said her three, Vel shouted with a slur, "You only have one sister! I'm calling it!"
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aleksandra responded "Well, I know absolutely nothing about you, so I'm gonna go with my gut and say number three." as she watched Vel flop to the floor. She continued to hang upside down from her bunk, examining Zyanya to maybe confirm her random guess.

Ezpalli also took a guess "Hmmm, let's see if I remember... I don't think I've ever had your cooking, but I'm going to have to go with number two!" she smiled confidently hoping she remembered the details of her friends life.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The general was just outside the sleeping area in the lounge along with a handful of other Menan. He sat at the bar, looking around the room, from wall to wall, from person to person, from door to door. Taking note of the layout of the ship, he memorized the various exits and familiarized himself with the foot traffic in the lounge from both passengers and the crew. He was deep in thought when Demos came looking for him.
    Last edited by UserError404; 05-19-2019 at 03:07 AM.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya watched Demos leave and wondered how she could pry some information out of the two quieter, more stoic members of her crew.
    She covered more giggles as the others guessed and she couldn't help but be amused at Vel's drunken certainty. "Vel and Ezpalli both get a point! And i'm down to negative two! Sorry Aleksandra!

I am actually an only child. So number two was indeed the lie! In fact my parents call me their miracle child, as my mom was not supposed to be able to become pregnant. Also I am a terrible cook! Be glad you have never eaten my cooking Ezpalli! I should have remembered that you would probably remember how old I am and that I don't have any siblings. That was fun! And it's a really great way to learn a bit more about each other! So who's next? Alek? How about you go?" Her heart leapt a bit at her involuntary nickname for Aleksandra. She didn't realize how comfortable she was already getting around this group. She looked up sheepishly at the seemingly nonchalant Brenan to gauge if she seemed to mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos soon spotted the General at the bar, and he made his way over to him, taking the empty seat next to him. Demos extended his hand firmly, and gave a friendly expression, "Hello, I don't believe we were properly introduced. I'm Captain Patras. It's good to have another soldier on the team."
    --------------------

Vel cheered himself when Zyanya announced he got a point. "Hey, I'm an only child too. Probably caused my parents too much trouble to make them want another," Demos said to Zyanya. He was already planning his lie when Zyanya announced Aleksandra to go next. He was more excited than he should be to see if he could dupe the others.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aleksandra's arms slummed down over her bunk as she closed her eyes in defeat. She woke back up when Zyanya called her Alek. People had called her that before, but it had been a long time ago. She sort of blushed and pulled herself all the way back up on her bunk. After a short moment of silent contemplation she spoke up "Hmmmm... How difficult shall I make this? Okay, number one I was born in Epilon. Number two, I use to fly planes. And number three... I am 28 years old. Happy guessing!"

--------------------------------------------------

Vukani snapped out of his own little world "It is a pleasure to meet you Captain Patras." He extended his hand to meet Demos' with a firm handshake. "I am General Yengwayo. A good soldier has discipline and virtue, something that is always appreciated in a comrade. I look forward to seeing those things in you." He turned his back to the room he was examining and ordered a drink. "I'll have a glass of your finest bourbon and whatever the gentleman beside me would like."

After receiving the drinks, the general inquired "So tell me Captain, where did you serve. You know, before the war and all."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya covered her own blush and coughed softly to clear her throat as Aleksandra sat up in her bunk and listed her truths and lie. She thought for a moment. She seems around the age she said, but she could be lying about the exact year. I don't know a thing about her but she seems super tough and smart and calm, so she could very likely have been a pilot. And she could have been born just about anywhere as Brenan are the most common of Menan and are everywhere. This is hard! She stared intently up at the bunk above her wishing she could look into the girls eyes to try to get a clue. She would just have to make a random guess. 'Umm... Darn! I'm gonna say.... Number three is the lie." She said softly, and pulled her legs to her chest nervously. Why is my heart pounding so fast?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast