Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Whiskey, thank you," Demos said. He then returned his attention to the General at his question, "I was the commander of the Royal Varacian Hoplites, 2nd Phalanx," pride filling his eyes as he spoke. The Varacian Hoplites were legendary for their skill and training, the 2nd Phalanx only lacking in reputation to the 1st.

Demons continued, "When the war began, as I'm sure you know, our cowardly king gave our nation over to Massrend without a fight. The dishonor of this sickened me, so I left the country rather than be the slave of any foreign people. The Enveens were in dire need of experienced drill masters for their rather poor army, with the fear of the war coming to their doorstep, so that is where I went. For the remainder of the war I trained troops and readied their meager military for foreign invasion. Of course, that all changed with the bomb," Demos said, abruptly stopping at the end, stopping himself from going into territory he didn't want to go.
    -------------------------------------------------

Vel said, "There's no way you were a pilot! Thats the lie." She was way too fit to be a pilot. Maybe a mechanic, or a soldier. He was completely oblivious to the sexual tension going on.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"A commander from Varac..." Vukani stopped to take a sip of his drink. "Impressive! You must have been quite sickened if you moved all the way to Enveen, though I guess it worked out for you in the end." The general paused as he started swirling his drink.

"Yes, the bombs certainly changed everything. I was one of the six artificers of war, a general in the Megazolis army. The only reason I survived was because I was sent to Cythetta as a..." The general stopped to down the rest of his bourbon. "Anyways, it is good to have you on our team Captain. I was just familiarizing myself with the ship." Vukani got up and began to wonder down the halls of the ship.

Without missing a beat, another Menan replaced the general next to Demos. A tall and lanky Dabunan man, probably in his early twenties. His short hair was slicked back and he had warm fur jacket on. "Excuse me, but I couldn't help but over hear, you and your friend there are ex-military huh?"

-------------------------------------------------------

"I guess I'll make things interesting and go with number one!" Ezpalli answered.

"Number one is indeed the lie! I was born in Oudhal actually. And yes, I was a pilot before the war. I mean, I only flew a couple of times before I got kicked out, but still. Lastly, I am 28. My birthday was last month. Alright Zyanya, back to you for an update on the points!" Aleksandra once again poked her head down to look at her, the red braid falling down as she made eye contact.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya snapped her fingers and sighed in defeat. "Darn! Well at least now I know!" She again smiled up at Aleksandra who had seemed to accept the nickname she had addressed her by. "So! That means Alek and I are in the negatives. And Ezpalli has two points, Vel has one! Vel, why don't you go next?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos stiffened when the General said, "...though I guess it worked out for you in the end." Demos could tell that the General meant no insult by this comment, but coming from a menan in his position in the military that destroyed Demos's country, it bit with a bitter feeling.

Demos avoided showing the insult as the General continued to speak, but he was glad when the General abruptly left. His attention was diverted from analyzing that conversation as another Menan took the General's seat almost as soon as he left.

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help but over hear, you and your friend there are ex-military huh?"

Demos looked at him quizzically, and said, "Yes, but I'm sure you'll find many here are. What is it to you?"
    -------------------------------------

A pilot? That was cool. And she was easy on the eyes too. Vel would have to remind himself not to piss her off, at least too much. Vel said, "Damn, never would have guessed a flyer would be doing this," and then at Zyanya's instruction replied, "Awesome!"

Not having to think long at all, Vel said, "Alright. Number one, I got my medical degree in Epilon city. Number two, During the war I once had to take shrapnel out of my own arm in the middle of a battle. Three, my father owns a chain of hotels." He smiled after saying his three. Good luck guessing those, he thought.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ezpalli made her decision rather quickly. "Well, one of these is not like the other. I'll just say number three!" she waited in anticipation for the answer to be given.

Aleksandra had also come up with her answer. "I guess I'll say number two is the lie, although if you did manage to treat your own wound in battle then way to go!" Aleksandra turned to look at Vel to see what his answer would be.

--------------------------------------------

The general worked his way to the deck of the ship. He took in the exterior of the ship and began to reminisce. It reminded him of the light frigates in the Megazolis navy. It had been quite some time since he had been home, as it was now inhabitable thanks to Massrend. But he couldn't really complain. His country did annihilate Massrend off the map. Thinking back to his conversation with Demos, he did feel some pity. They were both quite similar after all, two men who lost everything fighting for their country. Hopefully they could dismiss the fact that they were on opposite sides during the war enough to focus on the mission.

Meanwhile back at the bar, the stranger continued "Oh, to me? Nothing. I was just curious though, how do you sleep knowing you're responsible for the death of millions? You military folk are the reason we are in this whole mess to begin with. If it was me, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. But I suppose taking another Menan's life is just par for the course for you psychopaths. Varacay, Massrend, Megazolis. You're all monsters. Personally, I think you should've stayed in Varac." He looked Demos over with contempt and went back to join his two companions on a couch. An argument erupted between them, and the angry stranger left the room fuming off deeper into the vessel.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Ok well I guess that leaves me with number one! Ezpalli if you win this you have to give us at least one fact about yourself!" Zyanya winked at her friend before rolling onto her back and hanging her head off of the bed. Her extremely long white hair tumbled onto the floor and she stared at Vel, upside down, in anticipation. She was thoroughly enjoying this game. Mostly because she was happy to get to know the people she would be spending the next good while with.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the stranger scolded Demos with contempt, Demos took everything he had to hold himself back and not embarrass himself by letting his emotions get the better of him. As the stranger turned away, Demos's mind tore him apart. He knew the kind like that, pacifist liberal scum who thought that weakness was the way to make the world better. Menan, if you could call them that, like that had poisoned the king of Varac, and led to the destruction of his people. Varac had stood strong for thousands of years through unyielding strength. It had achieved peace, by being ready for war.

Weak Menan like that could never understand, that his country, his people, his family, they died because weak Menan had forgotten their honor, their strength, and that was the cause of the death and destruction of the world. Menan had forgotten honor, and it had been their downfall.
    --------------------------------------------

Vel laughed before replying, "Good job Zyanya! I did in fact have to remove shrapnel from my arm during battle one time, as there was not another medic around. I can tell you, that was not fun! My father does....or well, did I suppose,own a chain of high end Hotels all around Epilon. And lastly, I did go to medical school in Epilon, but I dropped out, so I never actually got my medical degree." He smiled at the others, "What's the score? I'm too drunk to keep up with it."
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Well it looks like it got to me after all." Ezpalli smirked as she began formulating her lie. "So, for number one, when I was a kid, I had seven different pets at one time. For number two, I graduated from the University of Impliree in Imperstar when I was 26. And for number three, I was born in Halistrand."

Well, she looks like an Imunan, so I guess it would make sense for her to be born in Halistrand. But to get into the University of Impliree, she must be a researcher if she is that smart. Aleksandra, finally decided on her answer. "Seven pets seems excessive. I say you never had that many at one time."

-----------------------------------------------------

The General took in the crisp salty air and watched as the sky glowed with the brilliant oranges and purples of a sunset into the light blue of the fleeting day. Vukani always loved the sunset. Nearly his whole life, he was stuck underground. From his childhood home to military bunkers, Megazolis loved their underground caves. Any chance he got to take in the beauty of the surface, he treasured. This was not any sort of special privileged for Gazenan, but for an important man such as himself, stuck in military meetings and behind paperwork from the time he woke until he went to sleep, it certainly was a privileged. Well, he WAS important anyways. He had to remind himself that now, his rank held little meaning or power. For now, he was simply one of hundreds who dared venture into the ruined world to bring back magical pieces of rock. Chances are, he would be dead in a week or two because of the damned things. "Ain't that a bitch." He whispered under his breath. Along with a few other solitary Menan, he watched the sky for just a little while longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya clapped gleefully as she had finally gotten a point! "Yay! So me and Aleksandra are still in the negatives and the rest of the scores are still the same. Ezpalli is in the lead!" She listened intently to Ezpalli's facts and a grin crossed her face. I know these! We graduated from the same university. She told me about all of her pets. She's such an animal lover! So that means her birthplace is the lie! "I'm gonna go with, number 3!"
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After the encounter at the bar, Demos got up and found his way back to the crew quarters. This journey was starting out uncomfortably, even before he got on the ship. He hoped that was not a bad omen. He sat back down on his bunk, glancing at the other members of his group who were still wrapped up in their game.

He silently took out his firearms, and began dismantling and inspecting them, as he had thousands of times before. Ritual, order, consistency. These things were what made Demos feel safe and at home, what helped him be the person that he was. To him, these were the building blocks of society. If they were taken away, what was left?
    ---------------------------------

Vel thoughtfully assessed what answer was the lie, but he couldn't seem to pinpoint one, so he said, "I'm gonna go with a guess and say number 1 as well. Seven pets is quite a lot. Who would even want that many?" Vel briefly looked up at Demos as he came through. Demos gave Vel the creeps. He reminded him of those uptight Gunneries in the Marines, who were always shouting at you for the smallest things.
    Whatever could it be

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast