Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Excuse me!" the friendly voice of a male Brenan snuck its way into their game. "I saw you beautiful people over here and just had to introduce myself! Mirko Delchev, at your service. What are your names?"

Mirko was well dressed, wearing a black suit and tie, and very well kept. On his suit was a pin with three colors on it: red, blue, and green. This was the symbol of the Brenan religion, Trianity.

Ezpalli was shocked by the presence of the stranger, "Oh... My name is Ezpalli. How do you do?" After recovering from the initial shock, she maintained cool and friendly body language.

"The name is Aleksandra." Aleksandra introduced herself, and quickly pulled herself back up into her bunk, sort of retreating from the stranger.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Vukani stood on the deck of ship, holding a few pieces of paper blowing in the wind. One was an old post card that depicted the grand Disval mountains of Megazolis. The other was his mission directive and another was a list of his party members. After looking over these things, he folded them back into his pocket and returned below deck. He needed to make sure everyone on his team was on the same page. What better way to do that than with a mission briefing.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya jumped a bit at the strangers voice. But quickly recovered. She smiled brightly in his direction and stood to reach over Vel and shake the man's hand. "My name is Zyanya. Zyanya Istar. Pleasure to meet you Mr. Delchev!" She stepped back to allow the others to introduce themselves and eyed the stranger. On the outside she looked completely calm and comfortable but her heart was still beating a bit fast. She was going to keep a close eye on this stranger. She knew giving him her last name would go one way or the other and she hoped it would go the way of giving him a warning not to mess with her, instead of making him want to get closer to her.

Both her father and mother were very well known. They funded many expeditions into the wilds and had been instrumental in the research of the items of power they were searching for. They were also known for their savagery in a fight. Both of her parents had grown up in the harshest of climates and had a great deal of experience surviving attacks from both Menan and creature. She, secretly, was even more savage than her parents. She thrived in a fight. But she made it her goal to never show that side of herself unless absolutely necessary. She smiled once more and wrapped her arms around herself. She didn't really like that side of herself.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos looked up along with the others at the arrival of the stranger, though not for long. His focus was on his work. Demos did note the strangers delicate dress, however, and thought it rather strange on a ship with this sort of expedition.
    ----------------------------------

Vel looked up at the menan, and returned his smile. "I'm called Vel." Not as suspicious or shocked as the others, Vel did notice the symbol on the menan's jacket. He was familiar with those who pushed it, and he hoped that's not what this Mirk had come for. How anyone could follow something like that in the face of what's happened to the world was beyond Vel, and even before he had never had much use for it.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mirko happily reached out to shake Zyanya's hand. "What a beautiful name for such a beautiful Menan. It truly is a pleasure!" He pulled back a little "Wow, what a great looking group you all have here. Let me guess... You all are searchers?" Mirko finished with a warm smile.

Aleksandra stayed quite in her bunk, confident that the others could handle this social interaction.

"Yeah, I think it's something like that." Ezpalli said, beginning to feel more comfortable about this strangers intrusion.
    Last edited by UserError404; 05-26-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya felt a bit more uncomfortable after the man's flattery buy kept a bright smile on her face and squeezed his hand firmly. "Yes thank you. My friends are quite lovely." She did not feel like hearing this mans pitch but was polite to a fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vel jokingly replied, "Well, I can't take all the credit, but I will," flashing a smile at this stranger. Now was the part where he started preaching, Vel thought in the back of his head however.
    ------------------------------

Demos looked up when the stranger attempted some flattery on the group. He didn't appear to be flirting with anyone in particular, so what was his game?
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vukani finally returned to give his team a proper briefing. As he entered the room, Mirko caught his eye, and his expression immediately changed. He approached, clearly annoyed, as Mirko noticed him in return.

Mirko let out a chuckle at Vel's comment. "Ah, it was lovely meeting you all. It seems your commander isn't too fond of my presence. I'll be seeing you!" The man winked at Zyanya as he walked back to wherever he had come from.

The general wasted no time in addressing everyone. "Now that you've had some time to get to know one another, may I have a quick moment of your time? I'd like to discuss our mission and make sure we are on the same page." He waited to make sure he had everyone's attention before continuing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya shivered internally as the man winked and felt eternally grateful for Vukani's interruption. She looked over at the general and smiled. "Of course General!"
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos looked up and paid attention now that the General had spoken about a briefing. Finally they could get to work. Demos was getting antsy, his last expedition had been over a month ago.
    ---------------------
    Vel was disappointed that the fun had ended and now they would have to start discussing the mission. Despite that, he was sill excited to learn about what his first mission would be. He hadn't paid much attention before, not having read most of the documents he was supposed to have.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Excellent" Vukani began "So, as I'm sure you all read in your documents, we are heading into the heart of Epilon... Dayde. More specifically the ruins of the old capital city, Bratura. Somewhere underneath the city is a secret lab that is believed to house some files regarding a collaboration between Massrend and Epilon. We have a few leads, as outlined in section 3b, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. After we secure the documents, we await further orders. Our gear will be dropped off once we arrive. It should have the protective equipment needed to traverse the badlands as well as our weapons which we hopefully won't have to use. We will use short frequency radios to communicate during our mission and any artifacts found along the war are fair game. Just don't get greedy. I don't need any of you dying because you don't know how to navigate the effects of the various artifacts properly. Anything else I missed should be covered in sections 1 or 2 of your documents. Each of you should know your roles by now, so I expect great things." Vukani went to his bunk and began to re-read his mission briefing. Out of all of them, he would need to be the most prepared.

---------------------------------------------

Ezpalli and Aleksandra both listened as the general spoke, Ezpalli a little more attentively than Aleksandra. Aleksandra new her job and that was what she needed to know. She had been on missions before so she new what to expect, granted she had never been to Bratura. At least not since the bombs dropped.

Just a few seconds after the general finished Ezpalli spoke up, "So, I guess Vel here is our medic. I'm a scientist who focuses on biology and the affect that the artifacts have on said biology. Sorry in advance if I slow you guys down any. I'll keep up the best I can. Zyanya, you are probably here as a scientist too right? Considering we both went to the same school."

Aleksandra listened to the conversion, her interested sparked as she waited to hear from Zyanya.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast