Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Aleksandra looked around, she was greeted by Zyanya. "Oh, you're up early. Good morning!" she replied through a yawn.

"Well I didn't sleep much, but good morning." Ezpalli said as she got out of her bunk. "Hey Aleksandra, let's go get some breakfast. Zyanya, have you already eaten?"

Aleksandra hopped down and followed Ezpalli to the mess hall. Once they got their food, they found a free table and sat down. "Are you excited to be going back? To Oudhal that is." Ezpalli asked shyly.

Aleksandra seemed shocked at the question, but answered nonetheless. "Well, I don't know if 'excited' is the word I would use. A lot of things changed since the war. The Garden was hit pretty hard by the bomb and the fires that ensued." she said somberly.

"Oh... I'm sorry. That wasn't very sensitive of me. I just... um... Thought maybe you had some family or friends back home that you might want to see. I'm sorry. You probably lost a lot in the war. We all did. I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories." Ezpalli blushed as she apologized and stared down at her food.

Aleksandra giggled. "No, it's okay, really. My parents died long before the war began, but I do have some friends around the northern parts of Oudhal." There was a brief minute of silence as they ate. "What about you? Were you from Halistrand or somewhere else?"

"I was actually born in Clodhelm. My grandparents were researchers in Xydrift so I spent about as much time there as I did at home. After the war, my mother and I moved to Xydrift. My father is a solider so I don't see much of him. I hear he survived the war though." Ezpalli said. The two finished up their meals and joined the others in packing up their things.

Meanwhile, Vukani had already finished packing. As the others ate, he sat on his bunk examining his mission files and eating a small nutrition bar he had pulled from his bag.
    Last edited by UserError404; 06-20-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya smiled at the others greeting and waved Ezpalli on telling her she had already eaten and thanking her for the offer. She sat cross legged in her bunk and observed Vukani as he ate.

"General Yengwayo. Sorry to interrupt your work. But I thought it would be wise for the two of us to learn a bit about each other. Do you know my parents? Is there a reason that they chose you to help head up this mission?" She shifted and pulled her hair down from her bun to play with it while they talked.

"I have been out on missions several times but this is the first time I've been with a small party like this one. I do hope I can be of assistance to you and the rest of the crew. I don't know if you've read my file but I am of more use than my appearance would suggest. I hope to be an integral part of your work these coming weeks."
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos finished eating, and then returned to the quarters to prepare his stuff. He didn't figure everyone else would be ready early, but Demos never acted by what others did. He always felt that was the difference between Varacians and other nations.

When he returned to the quarters, he saw Zyanya and the General talking. As he walked over to grab his stuff, he noticed Vel was still in bed, asleep far longer than anyone else. Demos was already growing tired of Vel's indolent, uncouth, behavior.

He walked over to where Vel was sleeping, and roughly jabbed him in his side. "It is time to wake up. The rest of the party is already eating and preparing for the mission. Do you think we will wait on you out there?"
    ------------------------------------

Vel stirred as Zyanya began talking to the General. He had enjoyed his brief time of quiet and being alone. He knew by this point everyone else was awake, but he couldn't force himself to come out from under his covers.

Of course when Demos's arm impacted into his side, and he heard the menan's stern voice, he knew that he was out of time. "Damnit! What the hell was that for. I'm getting up, God's sake give me a second."

Vel jumped out of bed, and reached for his things, avoiding eye contact with Demos, who intimated him.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I've met your parents on business before, but I wouldn't say I know them too well. I guess you could say my reputation preceded me. There aren't a whole lot of army generals... Sorry, ex-army generals, walking around nowadays. Or at least that's my guess." Vukani said as he finished browsing one of his papers. He then looked up and gave his attention to Zyanya as she began to play with her hair. "I have no doubt you will pull your weight. I have read all your files, as well as the others' files. Normally we would find safety in numbers, but believe me, for this mission a small group like this will do just fine. Actually, you'd be surprised how many small groups of searchers are out there trying to make a fortune." Vukani answered. Shortly afterwards, the others walked in.

Aleksandra and Ezpalli both made their final preparations as less than an hour remained on this portion of the trip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A loud horn echoed throughout the ship as the captain's voice came over the loud speaker. "Good morning passengers, I hope you are refreshed and ready for your future endeavors. We will be arriving shortly, if everyone could please make their way to the deck of the ship, we will be unloading in Enveen in about five minutes!"

The passengers all began to stir as Vukani led everyone to the deck of the ship for departure. The modest city was in sight, with its handful of several story buildings standing out among the streets of small shops and homes. "It sure is something." Vukani said. "It reminds of a time when we had cities even grander than this one."

It was true that the northern nations suffered the least from the initial impact, but even they have seen a fair share of hardships. The streets were almost empty, resources were scarce, construction projects came to a stand still and buildings fell into disrepair. The economy, the people, the nations... They weren't like the used to be. The almost constant cloud coverage across the globe added to the gloom of everyday life.

A few minutes later, a large catwalk was placed and passengers were allowed to leave. On the dock right by the ship, workers were unloading cargo as baggage was handed out to the owners. "Welcome, everyone, to the Harbor of Stratlan." The captain of the ship added.

Vukani waited in the loosely formed line as the bags were handed out and both Aleksandra and Ezpalli followed in an orderly fashion. As close as Ezpalli lived to the country, she had rarely been to Enveen. She looked around at the buildings and the people going from place to place. Sure, it seemed run down, but it had been awhile since she had been in a real city. Aleksandra and Vukani seemed used to the sights, and waited in line, taking only slight notice of the structures and activity.
    Last edited by UserError404; 07-01-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya smiled and nodded at Vukani's assurance. She was glad he had some confidence in her. As much as she exuded it, she didn't ever go into a situation thinking people would be confident in her skills. Probably mostly due to all the people in her life that had shot her down or overlooked her for opportunities because she didn't seem tough.

She looked over as the others filed in and smiled once more at Vukani before pushing herself up off the bed and gathering her things and doing a last check of her area to make sure she wasn't forgetting anything.

When they arrived in port she excitedly lined up to get off the ship and did her best to contain her child like glee at being in the city and being able to finally re-unite with her beloved weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos and Vel made their way to the deck with everyone else. Vel was eyeing everyone else in his group, but otherwise projected a sense of confidence. In his head he was still nervous about what was to come.

Vel felt strange stepping foot into Epilon again. He had only been one time since the bomb, and that had been shortly after. Only when he saw the scarred wastelands could he, and most of the others on the ship actually believe what had happened.

Demos on the other hand was ready. He looked out at the small city that had come to exist here. He had been here before, and remembered it to be largely a shit hole, but it was still civilization. Beyond it there wasn't much else. Demos took his things, although he had kept his weapons unlike most of the others.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Once everyone made their way through the baggage claim, Vukani gathered his group. "Well, if everyone is ready, let's not waste any time. Our ride should already be here." he said as he led his group into the city.

Aleksandra nodded as her and Ezpalli followed. Several vehicles waited on the street with numbers displayed in flamboyant fashion. Vukani led his group to a large van, customized with military armor and camouflage. The Menan in the passenger seat noticed them, and got out to open the door. The inside of the van was open and had plenty of bench style seating. Everyone piled in, and situated their belongings. Vukani was the last one in, but the passenger of the van still held the doors open and seemed to be looking for someone else. "What's the hold up? This is all of us." Vukani inquired.

"I'm sorry sir, but we had a last minute change. We are actually expecting four more. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of room for all of you." the passenger Menan answered.

Right on cue, a familiar Brenan approached the vehicle. "No..." Vukani said under his breath.

Mirko hoped in the vehicle along with three heavily armored Menan, with visor obscuring their face. Mirko sat next to Zyanya while two of the armored guards sat on either side of Vukani and the third one sat next to Demos. "Hello there fellow passengers. We have quite a ride before we get to Almanel. That's all of us driver, let's make haste." Mirko finished by warmly smiling at everyone.

On the shoulder of each armored Menan was a pre-war symbol, a small torch inside of a triangle, that had connections to the church of Trianity. They sat silently as the van pulled out into the street and began the journey to Almanel in Oudhal.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya smiled brightly and bounced excitedly as she saw her things appear on the baggage claim and squealed softly as she scooped up her simple wooden bow staff and rose gold, Light sniper rifle. she hugged them to either side of her face, squishing her cheeks together cutely, and skipped off to join the others as they headed towards their van.

Her smile remained pasted on her face until she heard a familiar voice and watched as Mirko seated himself beside her. Great She quickly regained her composure and welcomed the other team as they all sat quietly. She gave them each a bright smile and looked over at Mirko. "Hello Mr. Mirko! Funny ending up in the same car as you out of everyone on the ship! Hope you and your crew are doing well after that scare!"
    Last edited by abbiejlee95; 07-05-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos sat in the van, and watched as their new guests entered. At first, he was quite impressed with the soldier's firepower, but it also created an itching feeling in the back of Demo's mind, especially after seeing the General's reaction. Demos tried making conversation with the one sitting next to him. "So what's your mission? That's quite a loadout, even for the badlands."

------------------------------

Vel followed the others and looked over the armored van before entering. At least they were protected. He set his things under the seat, and watched as others boarded the vehicle. He noticed the symbols on their armor. Granted, Vel hadn't gone to church very much, but he didn't remember the church having it's own military. Still, the additional manpower made Vel feel a little more secure.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The car roared to life as it pulled out into the street. Buildings and people passed by through the tinted, likely bullet-proof windows of the vehicle but there was something different about them all. Upon closer inspection, these weren't just normal buildings, but the degrading husks of grand structures being devoured by time. The people were not thriving citizens but rather soulless walking corpses. The air was thick with the presence of dread and hopelessness. This much was clear.

"Quite funny indeed Miss Zyanya. What a small world." Mirko smiled in response to the uneasy Zyanya.

Meanwhile, Demos' question was met with silence. After a few minutes, the heavily armored menan spoke up. "We are here to protect Mr. Mirko." the voice sounded vaguely feminine, but was quiet after that.

----------------------------------------------------------

About 3 hours passed in relative silence before the vehicle reached the capital of Enveen, Sillaste. This city put Stratlan to shame. Huge unfinished skyscrapers struggled to touch the clouds and construction projects on the streets were postponed indefinitely. Nonetheless, the streets were lined with building after building and all sorts of menan walked the streets, some even smiling.

Almost as soon as they arrived, they were through the city. Less than 30 minutes passed before all that remained were the occasional farms among the endless prairie. "Tell me, miss Zyanya, have you ever been to the Garden in Oudhal?" Mirko asked, breaking the silence.

This question sparked Aleksandra's attention and she listened intently to their conversation. Meanwhile, Ezpalli was in her own world, listening to something on her personal electronic device. Vukani sat uncomfortably, as the guards accompanying Mirko never seemed to relax. For hours they sat, visibly on edge. Occasionally, the menan next to Demos would look over at him, sometimes for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast