Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Reclamation Postulation [IC]

This is not an open RP, but thank you very much for your interest!

---------------- Year 895, 5th Era of the Menan -------------------

A bronze skinned Gazenan walked up to the bar and ordered a small glass of a brown liquid filled halfway. Taking the glass to an empty table, he slowly drank away. His fingers ran through his short dark gray, nearly black, hair as his fierce yellow eyes searched the room. He was looking for someone. A ghostly white skinned Imunan with matching white hair. Her parents were funding an expedition and he was hired to lead it and protect their precious daughter. His large muscular frame and demanding presence was noticed by many.

One such person to notice was a Brenan girl who lurked in the shadows. She watched with her piercing yellow eyes and huffed the messy streaks of her strawberry blonde hair out of her face. Streaks of green in her hair quickly fell back down as she returned to reading her book in the far corner of the hall. The pale yellow color of her skin was covered by her loosely fitted clothing.

Shortly after, a third person entered the room, this one still not matching the description of the person the man was looking for, though she was an Imunan from her looks. She walked in happily with her warm and baggy clothing that portrayed some sort of cartoon-like animal. Though her skin was a pale white, her grey hair and matching eyes were not what he was looking for. Her gaze caught his for a brief moment before she smiled and looked past him. With her hands behind her back she sauntered over to the bar and sat down. The Gazenan smiled as he drank. There was something soothing about her presence, almost like she still had that youthful ignorance. As if the world hadn't ended. As if he hadn't done his part in killing millions. He washed these thoughts away with the last of his drink.

With these thoughts dismissed, he got up to return his glass to the bar. As it exchanged hands, he asked the barkeep "Excuse me, but if you see a white skinned and white haired Imunan with..." he looked down at a notepad, "... with blue eyes, can you tell her I'm here for the party?"

The barkeep shook her head as the girl at the bar spoke up. "I couldn't help but overhear, are you by chance General Yengwayo?" she asked shyly.

Surprised, the man responded cautiously, "May I ask who is asking?"

The girl replied, "My name is Ezpalli Ocelotl and I am supposed to be setting out an expedition with a person that meets your description."

The man nodded his head, "I am General Vukani Yengwayo, pleased to meet you. From what I can tell, our client hasn't arrived yet. I have a table over there if you'd like to join me. If not, you'll know where to find me." The general walked back to his table and sat down.

Ezpalli delayed a few moments, searching the room once more before taking her cup of water and heading to his table.

The mysterious Brenan in the back of the room continuously surveyed the room in between sentences of her book. She kept her distance and maintained silence.
    Last edited by UserError404; 04-26-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Mother please it's not like i'm going to meet with a queen or something! I'm just meeting the rest of the Menan in my traveling party!" Zyanya giggled and easily ducked her mothers grasp. Her mother huffed in frustration and shrugged. "Fine then! Don't come crawling back to me if you meet your potential future husband with that disgraceful hair!" Her beautiful lithe form turned away with another huff and Zyanya smirked and shook her head. She ran her hands through her pure white, wavy hair, messing up any attempts her mother had made at straightening it.

She took one last look in the mirror at her small pale frame and pinched her white cheeks to assure herself she was indeed awake. "I finally get to meet them all! I can't believe the day has finally come to go on my first expedition!" She straightened the blue bow she had tied around her gray turtleneck and blinked her ice blue eyes before taking a steadying breath and marching past her still pouting Dabunan mother and her much shorter but hugely muscular Imunan father.

Her father stopped her before she could head out the door. "Zyanya my darling girl. You remember what your old dad taught you. Don't take flack from nobody! Stand your ground! Don't let them tease ya about your height or anything! Show em whose boss!" She giggled again and gave her dad a hug. He had also been teased for his height his whole life, Imunan were already shorter than all the other menan, but he was even considered short for his race. The teasing had only grown when he married a woman nearly a foot and a half taller than him. Zyanya had inherited her fathers small stature but her mothers thin lanky body. Her pure white hair and skin and her ice blue eyes added to peoples judgement. She looked like a specter. Her father always assured her she was "The most beautiful specter in the world." But that didn't always sate the sting.

She patted her dads shoulder and assured him she could handle herself, and quickly hugged her mother before rushing out the door and heading to the bar where she was supposed to meet her peers. She pushed through the door with confidence and scanned the room for the one person she already knew in her group. She spotted her cute Imunan friend and skipped over happily. "Ezpalli! It's so good to see you! It's been since our intern days in college right?" She leaned over to hug the girl and then addressed the other person sitting at the table. "Hello! You must be General Yengwayo! I'm Zyanya Istar! A pleasure to meet you!" She reached out her hand to shake his before lightly seating herself beside Ezpalli.
    Last edited by abbiejlee95; 04-26-2019 at 02:22 AM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos sat at the bar, slowly sipping an expensive brandy, his turquoise eyes staring at a wall, but also a place much deeper than that, a place lost to time, before everything had gone to shit. He suddenly snapped out of it, after being in that place for far too long. He always got sentimental before going on an expedition. Knowing you might die soon does that to you, he supposed.

Demos ran his hand through his short brown hair, which he never let grow more than an inch long, not that it would have grown much more anyways. Much like his olive colored skin, his naturally short hair comes from years of inter marrying among the Dabunan and Brenan populations of the region which his home country of Varac occupies.

Much like the rest of his appearance, his well toned and muscular build tells of his past, where his years of military training and his soldierly lifestyle have kept him in shape. He is average in height for his people at 7'5, but his expression and attitude make him stand out nonetheless. He often appears stoic and confident, except for those few moments like this night where he delves into the past, an exercise he knows is foolish and futile, but does anyways.

-------------------------------------------------

Vel, in another part of the bar, was having a much different experience. He had arrived early, much too early perhaps, out of boredom. By now, he had had plenty of drinks, and was speaking very loudly to a Brenan woman sitting next to him, who clearly had little interest in the conversation.

Vel was young, handsome, and smart, but he made up for all of that by often making poor decisions anyways. His restless lifestyle had led him here, where he was joining a recovery team. This should excite him for a while at least.

Vel's blonde hair was messy, and growing long enough to where it was starting to get in his eyes. He was in decent shape from working as a ship hand, but overall looked a bit lanky, especially when combined with his 7'7 stature. His bright blue eyes were paired with a young face that always carried a fun loving, adventurous expression. Like most Brenan's he has bronze-gold skin.

Suddenly, almost like a revelation, Vel remembered what he had come for. "Oh, sorry to cut this short, but I've just remembered I have somewhere to be," he said, almost knocking the chair over as he drunkenly stood up. The woman seemed relieved.

Vel started wandering around the bar, looking for his group. He'd be damned if he could remember the name of who he was supposed to meet, or what they looked like though. As he was stumbling about, he accidentally ran into a large, bulky Imunan, knocking his drink all over him. The Imunan didn't seem very pleased.

"He...Hey, sorry friend. Having a bit of a problem navigating it seems. Well...I'll..uh...be on my way," Vel said, backing up.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ezpalli returned the hug "Zyanya! It has been awhile. I can't believe we are going on an expedition together!" She finished with a warm smile as the general spoke, "General Vukani Yengwayo, at your service. The pleasure is all mine miss Zyanya." The Gazenan finished with a military salute.

"Say, have you happened to meet the other half of our expedition? Our boat is leaving soon and I do hope they arrive promptly." The general looked at the large clock above the bar.

Right on time, a ruckus began to stir. A drunkard seemed to be bothering a few of the patrons and one was not about to take his behavior sitting down. The Imunan, with his drink now on his clothes, grabbed Vel by his shoulders shoved him to the ground. Standing over the lanky Brenan, the Imunan started asking for a new drink and a new jacket to replace the one he ruined. At this point, the bar grew quiet and waited in suspense for the scene to unfold. The general looked over and sighed. "Stupid drunkard" he whispered under his breath.

The female Brenan in the corner, Aleksandra Petkoska, watched the scene unfold. Closing her book, she looked at the clock and pulled out a folded up piece of paper and looked over it. "You've got to be kidding me" she said as her eyes rolled. The idiot getting in a fight was her expedition partner. Great. She began to step in to intervene and save her new partner's skin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya sat down her glass of juice as Yengwayo asked her about the rest of the party. She opened her mouth to answer but was interrupted by a scuffle.

She got to her feet as a big imunan began screaming at the drunken Brenan he was standing over. "Oh please do calm down everyone. It was obviously an accident!" She tried to speak sweetly but loudly enough for them to hear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos checked the clock. His mind had wandered too long, and now he would meet the rest of the group late. He chided himself for being so unprofessional and foolish. He quickly got up, and searched the bar, before seeing a table with faces he recognized from his briefing.

He walked over, and as he seated himself, said, "I apologize for my lateness. It will not happen again." However, his apology most likely went unheard, as he noticed everyone's attention was drawn by some sort of scuffle going on near by.

-------------------------------------------

As the Imunan shoved Vel to the floor, his breathe was taken away, as were his thoughts in the shock of the sudden violence. Even while drunk, however, Vel could keep a cool head. As the Imunan started asking, more like threatening, for a new drink and jacket, Vel replied, "Oh, I would love to, you see. But I've just spent the last of my money here tonight. I'm going on an expedition, so when I get back I'll come find you and get you those right away! Good as new,"

The Imunan didn't looked pleased with his response, so Vel sighed in relief when two strangers came over and started sticking up for him. A Brenan helped him up from the floor, and another person's plead for peace helped defuse the situation more than Vel's half-assed excuse had.
    Last edited by Holocene; 05-03-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aleksandra grabbed Vel by the arm and pulled him up. When the hot-headed Imunan moved his attention to her, she was not nearly as diplomatic as the others. In one fell swoop, she kicked out one of his feet, setting him off balance, and followed up with a swift punch to the throat. The stunned Imunan went backwards into the nearest seat, coughing and gagging, but she wasn't done with him yet. She grabbed a pitcher of water off the table next to her, occupied by a young love-struck couple, and dumped the frigid liquid onto the confused brute. "There, free drink and now your clothes are clean. Unless you have something else to say, and I strongly suggest that you don't, me and my friend are leaving." Aleksandra said to the Imunan with a condescending smile.

Turning to the flabbergasted couple, she apologized "I'm so sorry for this guy's rude behavior. My knuckle-head friend doesn't know how to hold his liquor. I hope you enjoy your meal! I'll send the waiter over to get you some more water." With Vel's arm still firmly in grasp, she dragged him over to the bar and asked for some more water at the couple's table. Putting Vel on a bar stool, she sternly said "Stay right here. Don't pick anymore fights."

Walking over the table occupied by Zyanya and the others, she introduced herself. "Hey, you all are part of expedition Z189 into the Epilon badlands? My name is Aleksandra Petkoska and I will be your guide for this mission. Sorry you had to see all that. Apparently one of our party members is having too much fun."

Vukani was still shocked by the unexpected display by Aleksandra. "Yeah... Yeah, that's us. General Yengwayo at your service."

Ezpalli was about to speak up, until a voice came over the loudspeaker "Attention. This is the final boarding call for expedition groups Z091 to Z196. Estimated time of departure is in 15 minutes. Please proceed promptly to the boarding area for further instructions."

"I guess that's us! I'm Ezpalli by the way. Ezpalli Ocelotl. I guess they finally finished loading all of our stuff. Say, does anyone have any snacks for the trip? Because I bought some cookies for all of us!" Ezpalli smiled and started digging through her bag.

Meanwhile Aleksandra and the general made their way to the boarding area, Aleksandra with Vel in toe. Taking notice, Ezpalli stopped digging through her bag and got up to follow.

After the war, pretty much everywhere was left in ruins. Even among the surviving nations, certain resources have now become scarce. Things such as oil were beginning to run low. As such, few trips were made between Xydrift and Ecrith, the continent the party was headed to. A single large military cruiser made the journey every other week. Adventurers and other travelers would be uncomfortably crammed into the ship in order to minimize fuel usage. Luckily, the trip only lasted a day and a half on Ollarth, roughly 100 hours. Everyone's luggage had already been loaded along with their mission gear. General Vukani had the luggage ticket to get their things once they arrived. All that was remaining was one last bag check of their carry-ons and then they would be boarded by their group number.
    Last edited by UserError404; 05-14-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya covered a giggle as she watched Aleksandra put the Imunan in his place. She then straightened up and wiped the grin from her face as she approached the table. "You didn't have to get violent Ma'am. He was calming down." She spoke as everyone gathered their things and began heading to the boarding area. "But, you are impressive nonetheless. Thank you for helping our team mate. My name is Zyanya. Very pleased to meet you." She reached out her hand to shake Aleksandra's.
    Last edited by abbiejlee95; 05-09-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vel's eye's widened as Aleksandra swiftly put the angry Imunan in his place. When she sat him down at the bar, and told him to stay, he replied by putting his hand to his head in a mock salute, and "Yes, sir Commander! No problem commander!"

He passively let himself be dragged along onto the ship with Aleksandra as they rejoined the party.

---------------------------------------------------------

Demos snarled at Vel, and his behavior. Men like that, with no discipline, no sense of structure and behavior, you couldn't rely on men like that to watch your back. Demos only hoped that he was a scientist, and not something important like the doctor.

Demos grabbed his bags, and followed everyone else as they boarded the ship. He quietly observed the other members of the group as they boarded. Two especially stuck out to him. One was the Brenan woman, who introduced herself as Aleksandra. She showed a particular quality of leadership, ambition, motivation. Demos liked that.

The other was an Gazenan, who introduced himself as General Yengwayo. Demos resisted the temptation to hate him. If the General was a good soldier, and did his job, Demos would get along with him. The war was a long time ago.

Among the rest Demos noticed inexperience and youth. That could be worked through. Idiocy, lack of self control, and lack of discipline, those were the real dangers.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aleksandra looked over the rest of the crew before her focus was brought to a cute little Imunan reaching out her hand. For a fraction of a second, she was stunned by her beauty, but she calmly reached out to shake Zyanya's hand. "It's a pleasure miss Zyanya. I hope I've made a good first impression. It wasn't exactly as planned, but what can you do? I was just trying to help the guy cool off." Aleksandra said as the group moved towards the boarding area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Vukani got in line to be boarded. He had his passport and identification papers at the ready. It seems they were the last few to be boarded and that he would need to work on the groups punctuality as the mission progressed. At least they had a few members who could hold their own it seems. Honestly, it was too early to tell and the mission had to be done regardless. The quiet thoughts of the general were interrupted by Ezpalli's voice.

Ezpalli was behind him in line, trying to catch up with Zyanya. She discussed family, work, and the war as Aleksandra and Vukani listened patiently. The line moved fast and within ten minutes, they were all aboard the ship. One of the crew members showed them to were they would be staying. It was a large room, probably the personal quarters for the military crew who previously ran the ship, converted into a common sleeping area. The room was cramped with row after row of bunk beds. The group had their own little corner to themselves and Aleksandra quickly claimed the top bunk in the very corner of the room by throwing her bag hazardously on the bed. Ezpalli took the lower bunk in the beds adjacent to Aleksandra and the general offered the others their choice in sleeping arrangements first.

It was later in the day once everyone was boarded. Five or six hours remained before quiet time on the ship. After 20 hours or so of sleep, as is normal for Menan, they would have another full day on the ship before arriving at the port in Ecrith. The ship had a few commodities such as a small lounge area where food and drink were served, as well as an entertainment center with a few older movies pre-loaded. Of course, passengers were free to explore the ship, aside from the few areas designated as 'ship personnel only', or they could relax in their own small space before dozing off.

There were probably twenty to thirty other Menan making the same journey. A handful had moved over to the lounge area just outside the sleeping area and several others were laying on their beds doing various things. A large majority were still setting up their bed area or had wandered off to other parts of the ship.
    Last edited by UserError404; 05-14-2019 at 03:17 AM.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast