Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya tried to relax and give Mirko a chance as they had a long journey ahead. She nodded and smiled as they conversed and when she was asked about the Garden she shook her head. "I haven't but i'd like to go someday. Have you done a lot of traveling? Whats your favorite place to visit?"
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos was not concerned over the soldier's rebuff, infact, it was quite like something he would have done to someone asking mundane questions. He enjoyed the silence of the ride, his own thoughts crowding his head.

But as the ride went on it became harder to focus, as a sort of tension was building up in the vehicle, and what worried him most is he didn't know why. He didn't like the way the soldiers were looking at him. There had been an unspoken hostility since the start.

Demos slowly moved his hand towards his pistol holster, and tried making eye contact with the General to see if he felt the same.
    --------------------

Vel enjoyed he ride and the view. He could hardly believe this was once a country inhabited by people. His people. He eased up as the ride went on, no longer fearing for his life. They were riding in an armored vehicle with a lot of weapons, and nothing even remotely dangerous had happened yet.

He did worry over nothing these days. before the war he had never worried about anything.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"It is a beautiful place miss Zyanya, I'm sure you will see it in your travels." Mirko took a deep breath before continuing. "Sadly it was devastated in the war. I think it was something like 90% of the forest burnt down, but you know what the amazing thing is? Less than a year later, the forest has already reclaimed much of its lost territory. It's truly remarkable, almost supernatural. While the rest of the world seems to be dying around us, the Garden thrives reborn. In all of my travels, of which I have had many, no place is as remarkable as the Garden." He turned to look at Zyanya with a spark of excitement in his eyes having the opportunity to tell his story. "May I ask, what is your scientific background? Perhaps you could shine some light on something for me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the tension built, the guard next to Demos finally broker their silence. "You are from Varac, are you not?"

Meanwhile Vukani sat uncomfortably between the two dead silent Menan in armor. He made no attempt to converse or make eye contact. His attention was focus solely on a series of documents he reviewed, with great effort going into shielding the content of the documents from those around him.

As the vehicle barreled down the desolate roads of Enveen's prairies, the occasional dilapidated home offered some variance among the rolling hills. After over an hour on the road, abandoned fields, uninhabited shelters, and a stirring storm were all that were seen outside the tiny windows.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya couldn't help but ease up a little as she sensed the genuine interest and excitement in Mirko's eyes. She chuckled into her hand a bit, her cute, dimpled smile scrunched up the corners of her eyes as she spoke. "I do hope I get to see this miraculous place! I am an archaeologist but I have studied other sciences and my parents have different specialties than I, so perhaps I will have some insight for you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos's hand moved away from his gun, as his muscles loosened up. It took him a moment to respond, as the question surprised him. "Yes. I was a commander in the Royal Hoplites before the war." Zyana seemed to be conversing with one of the strangers, and the General was busy reading over papers, although with a none too happy expression. Perhaps Demos had misread the situation.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Radioactive or acidic rain plagues us for days on end. Most crops can hardly grow with so little sunlight, not to mention the steadily decreasing global temperatures... With the rest of the world dying around us how is it that the Garden is doing as good as ever? I'm no biologist or botanist, but it seems to defy all logic! But then again, this is a strange and mystical world we live in, with the appearance of the artifacts. Just some food for though for you Miss Zyanya." Mirko smiled warmly as he turned his attention to a small electronic tablet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"I see." the guard sitting next to Demos said. They then slipped him a small rectangular piece of paper which read: "Defense Division: Special Forces of the Conclave". Just below that a series of numbers were written, which Demos recognized as a phone number: 15-333-63541-0. "We could use someone with your background. After your mission, contact us. I promise it will be worth your time. Once on the line, give them the name 'Angelus'." The guard added after handing him the slip. They were then silent.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It had been five hours since they left the port of Stratlan before they arrived at the border of Enveen and Hasaarde. For the first time, the vehicle had stopped to refuel and exchange papers with the border guard for passage through the border. The whole ride, general Vukani seemed to become increasingly lost in his reading, purposefully trying to ignore Mirko and his guards. While the initial tension felt by the rest of the party seemed to loosen up with some conversation, Aleksandra couldn't help but notice the strange behavior Vukani was exhibiting. The man just would not relax. As everyone exited the vehicle to get some refreshments and stretch their legs, Aleksandra pulled Vukani aside. "Is everything alright sir? You seem a little, I guess, uneasy." she asked.

"Just preparing for the mission is all." Vukani replied, somewhat dodgy.

"Is that all?" she asked, still skeptical. "Well, I suggest you loosen up. We still have a long ride." Aleksandra put her hands in her jacket pockets and walked into the rest stop to get some refreshments.

Meanwhile Ezpalli happily exited the vehicle to get some snacks. "Come on Zyanya, we have to replenish our snack supplies!" she smiled and motioned for Zyanya to follow.

The stop was much needed as the guards took turns watching the vehicle and using the restroom while Mirko and the others took turns in the restrooms. The guard who sat next to Demos took care of the border passage.
    Last edited by UserError404; 09-18-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya let Mirko's thoughts stew as they continued their journey. It was a good question. How was the garden still doing so well? Calculations flew across her minds eye and she put a hand to her chin in thought.

She was shocked out of her thoughts as they came to a stop and Ezpalli bekoned for her. She smiled at her friend and happily followed. Glad to strech her legs and get some air away from Vukani's never waning intensity. She glanced over at him as Alek walked away into the building and she wondered if everyone else sensed his discomfort. Not that it was hard to miss.

She shook her head and jogged up next to Alek and Ezpalli as they both perused the snacks and drinks. She smiled at them both and looped an arm through each of theirs. "Hey lets do our best to help everyone relax for the rest of the trip ok? It's been a bit tense in that van."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos looked over the card a few times. It was appealing, the uniforms, the structure, the professionalism. It was unlike anything he had seen since the world had ended. But something stank about them. Aside from the General's disposition towards them, Mirko's personality irked Demos.

But what bugged Demos the most was that he did not know who were they fighting for. Not a nation, it seemed, but something else. Maybe a corporation? There was no honor in that. Without a homeland, or an ideal to fight for, they would be nothing more than mercenaries. But then again, was that not what Demos had become now?

Demos decided he would learn more about them. Maybe one of the other in the party knew something. He did not trust the general to give an impartial opinion. But maybe Zyanya would know.
    ----------------------------------

Vel was excited to stop. And got out, immediately stretching his legs. He followed Zyanya and Ezpalli after he had heard them mention snacks. He needed to befriend the others after his rough introduction, and Ezpalli and Zyanaya seemed the most likable, not to mention cute.

Vel squeezed himself between them, and said, "Alright, snack crew! I could use some good food too right now!"
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ezpalli giggled at Vel's goofy and playful disposition. It was nice to have someone in the group that wasn't so uptight, aside from Zyanya, whom she already knew. The interior of the rest stop had a dated feel too it. Despite being fairly well-kept, the old Gothic architecture felt cramped and the air old and stale. The large open room was filled with isles of various candy, snacks, drinks, travel food and other necessities. A good portion of the store was dedicated to souvenir merchandise: post cards, hats, t-shirts, etc. There were also two single use bathrooms, a water fountain, and the checkout desk. Aside from the cashier, there weren't too many others. A young couple were browsing the souvenir merchandise while another older couple was eating a meal with their children. Ezpalli grabbed a soda and a variety of salty and sweet snacks before making her way to the register. Alex, who had entered behind everyone else after her conversation with the general, headed for the bathroom then grabbed a bottle of water and a bag of snacks resembling trail mix. Vukani stayed by the car while Mirko had a short conversation with the guard that offered Demos the card. After that ended, Vukani approached Mirko. "I don't know what you are planning here, but I will warn you. If you interrupt the work of my crew or try to harm them in any way, I will put a bullet in your head. It doesn't matter how many guards you have or how well armed they are." Vukani said with a stern face.

"Oh my dear Vukani, your crew is wonderful and I would never willing harm them. However, the same can be said for me. I have my orders from the church and you have your orders from the XIR. Is it so bad I wanted to try and catch up with an old friend headed the same direction as myself?" Mirko paused as his usual cheery demeanor and smile changed to match Vukani's attitude. "What happened to that girl was a long time ago. I know you think we could have saved her, but it was just not possible. Maybe you blame yourself or even me, but you have to move on. Hate me, if you must, for my work with the church but the girl is dead and there is nothing anyone but the divine could've done."

Vukani stood in silence, his hands visibly shaking with anger. Mirko patted Vukani on the shoulder as he passed by. "As one of your darling subordinates said, try to loosen up old friend." Mirko said as he walked into the rest stop. Vukani followed in suit and met with the others who were still purchasing things and relieving themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya smiled at Vel's antics and patted Ezpalli on the head as she giggled before heading over to the drink machine and purchasing a soda. She had already purchased a light snack. She then decided while she waited for the others she would peruse the gift shop. She stopped as she spotted a silly looking hat with wiggly eyeballs attached to springs, and giggled before quickly purchasing it, putting it on and sneaking up behind ezpalli.

She motioned for any others that were looking her way to stay silent before wrapping her arms around her friend with a "Hey! Ya like my new hat?"
    Last edited by abbiejlee95; 10-09-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast