Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclamation Postulation [IC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vel resisted Alkesandra's attempt to calm him. "We're all going to drown if we don't get out of here! Open the door!" Once Zyanya grabbed him, and got personal, Vel stopped struggling as much, but he replied, "Being strong doesn't matter if this ship goes down. Do you know what it's like, to watch a ship full of men go down, struggling to escape a massive sinking tomb? I do, and I didn't die that time, and I won't now!"

Vel was cut off by Demos, who looked out the porthole like Aleksandra had commanded. "The water's still pretty shallow, but it's rising. I don't know where it's coming from, but it if we don't leave soon, we might not get the chance to at all."

This made Vel nervous again, and he broke free from Zyanya's grip and ran to the door, but Demos grabbed him and stopped him. "We leave when the General or ship Captain order us to."
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

General Vukani reluctantly approached Mirko and his group. "Mirko. It's been awhile. I didn't know you got back into the searcher lifestyle. Or perhaps you have another reason for being on this ship?"

Mirko stood up and mockingly saluted the general. "Oh general, sir. What a surprise, sir." he dropped the act and continued. "You know I'd love to catch up or make amends or whatever it is you want to do, but perhaps you should focus on the crisis at hand. Don't you have people to save Vukani, or is that someone else's team you manipulated to take charge of the situation?"

Vukani grew visibly annoyed by this man. "Don't think I will let you go that easy. We will certainly be continuing this conversation later. Given our past, I just had to make sure you weren't up to any trouble."

"Oh, I have no doubt we will be talking later Vukani. After you save the whole ship with your heroism of course." Mirko sat back down to rejoin his own group as the general stormed off to join his group by the door.

Meanwhile Ezpalli struggled to gather her composure. Zyanya's courage in the situation helped her to focus and she followed her friends lead as they calmed the passengers. The crowd wasn't entirely receptive to their reassuring words, but the frenzy had subsided somewhat. Many still gathered by the door in anticipation.

Aleksandra helped Demos to keep the panicking Menan from the door as the general approached, fighting through the crowd. "Captain, how is the door looking?" Vukani asked.

After checking through the window of the door himself and listening to Demos, he began giving orders once more. "I believe it would be best to get everyone to the deck of the ship, in the event that we take on more water. Ezpalli and Zyanya, can you gather the remaining passengers and inform them of what is going? The rest of us will work on the door. This is a ship of Megazolis design so the emergency release mechanism should be...." Vukani said as he felt around the bottom of the door. "...Here and here."

Vukani grabbed the lever on the left. "Demos, to mind grabbing the other lever? Ok, on three. One. Two. Three." As the two Menan pulled, the metal creaked and moaned, but the door did not budge. This would turn out to be more difficult than the general had thought.
    Last edited by UserError404; 06-10-2019 at 01:22 AM.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya held back her frustration and rising panic at Vel and his followers chaos. She shook her head and gave him one last word of advice before heading off to follow the general's new order. "Vel, nobody is going to survive if you panic. You have to stay calm and think about things rationally or you will get us all killed before we even get to our destination." She motioned for Ezpalli to follow her and took one last glance at Alek, Demos, and the general, hoping she would see them all again and this wouldn't end in death and disaster.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos nodded, letting go of Vel, "Listen to her We're getting out of here, just let us do our jobs." Demos then went and helped the General open the door, but their efforts were futile, it wouldn't budge. "Superior Megazolis engineering I see. Do we have another way to open it?"
    -------------------

Vel calmed when Demos let him go, and was told they were getting to the deck. Being trapped in the hull of the ship as it went down into the depths. That thought would not leave his head, and it made him shiver. Who would hear their screams?
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Aleksandra, Vel. Grab the two handles we usually use to open the door. Push up and pull as hard as you can. These knockoff designs have a habit of getting stuck when the emergency mechanisms take over. Had this actually been the work of a Megazolis engineer, we wouldn't be stuck at all." General Vukani retorted.

Aleksandra moved to help the other open the door. It took all their effort but the door reluctantly opened as the metal creaked and moaned in protest. "Ok, let's grab our stuff and let's go." she said as she ran back to her bunk and the passengers funneled out of the room through the almost knee deep water to the upper decks. She grabbed her and Zyanya's stuff, signalling to Zyanya across the room that she had done so.

Meanwhile, Ezpalli had managed to calm her nerves to an extent. The remaining passengers were gathering their things and heading to the exit as Zyanya and her had advised. After gathering her own belongs, she followed the other passengers to safety.

The General was last one out, making sure to remind his team to gather their belongings and making sure everyone had cleared the room. "Things could've gone a lot worse." He whispered under his breath before following in the other's footsteps.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Menan aboard the ship stood on the deck, frightened from the events that had just transpired. After a painfully long hour, the captain of the ship emerged from somewhere below deck, his clothes soaked through and through. "Incredibly sorry to scare you all, but it seems the all clear has been given. The appropriate repairs have been made and we should be arriving in port in the next several hours. I assure you, my crew is more than competent so take advantage of the time we have left and try to get some rest. Who knows, you might need it. Anything you might need, feel free to let a crew member know and we will do everything in our power to address it. Have a goodnight." The tall and muscular Gazenan returned to the captain's quarters while the crew members helped to get everyone re-situated in their bunks.

It had been a crazy night, but they were all exhausted. Aleksandra laid back down without a sound while the general made sure all of his team members were okay. Ezpalli leaned over towards Zyanya. "Hey... um... Thanks. For keeping me calm earlier. Anyways, sleep well." She said, embarrassed, as she returned to her own bunk and tried to get some sleep.
    Last edited by UserError404; 06-13-2019 at 03:37 AM.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya double checked the ship to make sure nobody was left behind as she watched the others make their way to safety. She hurried a few more groggy parties to the door and took one last look around. She looked towards the door to see Vukani waiting to make sure everyone was safe and hurriedly made her way to him so that he too could get to the upper deck. She had seen Aleksandra grab her things so she booked it out of the door.

Once they all reached the upper deck she moved over towards Ezpalli and Vel, placing a comforting hand on each of their shoulders and giving them her brightest smile. They stood there on the deck among the murmurs of the other passengers and she did her best to keep from dosing off until the captain finally came on deck and informed them that all was well.

She sleepily made her way back down with the others and gave Ezpalli a quick hug at her thanks. "Of course Ezpalli! You did wonderful! Thank you for your help! I hope you sleep well also!" She looked up at Alek who had already flopped back down on her bunk and made eye contact. She smiled and gave her a wink before laying down on her own bunk beneath Alek and promptly falling to sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lifetime ago, during the war

"It feels good finally taking the fight to these Megazolis assholes doesn't it?" Vel said, sitting on his bunk across from Vidiano, and several other soldiers in his platoon.

Vidiano was Vel's best friend. Once Vel had been assigned to 4th Platoon, 1st squad as their medic, the first person he met was Vidiano, who greeted him with a disparaging insult that would mark the rest of their time together. They kept each other company and sane during the long months of garrison duty on the eastern coast, and now their Division was being sent to support landings in Megazolis.

"You shouldn't be so excited Vel, I give you 24 hours before someone shoots your annoying ass. And that's just the enemy," Vidiano replied, the others laughing.

"Fuck you asshole" Vel said, standing up, looking at Vidiano with a teasing grin, unaware this would be the last time he ever saw him. "I'll have you kn-

In only a matter of seconds water flooded the room. Vel had barely had time to register the impact of the anti-ship rocket which tore a hole in the side of the ship, sending it quickly into the dark blue depths.

Vel was in a panic. He spent much of his childhood on the sea surrounding the capitol of Epilon, and fortunately was a very good swimmer. He used muscle memory and instinct to swim to where he saw a glimmer of light, praying that it was the door. He reached it, felt the locking wheel, and used what strength he had left to turn it, forcing himself through and out of the ship.

He started swimming upwards as fast as he could, but his breath was gone. He was choking, barely able to move his arms, when all of a sudden he breached the surface, gasping as he tried to swallow as much air as he could. He had only managed to survive because fear had pushed his body to almost super natural limits.

After he composed himself, the realizations of what had just happened set in. Around him fires burned atop the ocean water on pools of oil that had spilled from the ship. Through the firelight, Vel could see a few other soldiers and crew treading the surface, or floating with a life jacket they had been fortunate enough to be wearing when the ship was hit.

"Vidiano!" Vel shouted, frantically looking around for his friend. He called out several more times, but the truth of the matter began to set in. There were very few survivors floating around him. The ship had been hit too suddenly, and gone down too fast. Vidiano was dead, and so was everyone else in his platoon.

"Vidiano!"
    -------------------------

Vel snapped back into reality. Almost instinctively he had helped open the door, and then moved along with the others to the surface of the ship, where he now found himself, the Captain giving an all clear. He felt a hand on his shoulder, but he did not turn to see who it was, as he attempted to conceal the tears streaming down his face. They had survived, this had not been a repeat of before.

-----------------------------

Demos smiled as the General replied to his underhanded comment. It had gotten under his skin, but the satisfaction was drowned out by the present situation. Demos watched as Vel and Aleksandra opened the door successfully, and followed as everyone made their way out in an orderly panic.

He eased up as the all clear was given. He wouldn't admit it, but the whole thing had been making him nervous. Instead it all turned out to be a big nothing. He decided to take the Captain's suggestion and go back to sleep. He would need to be rested for the journey ahead.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Ezpalli lay back down, Zyanya gave Aleksandra a wink, causing her golden cheeks to blush a little. She gave her a warm smile in return before Zyanya went down to her bunk. Once Vukani saw everyone lay down, and was satisfied no one was injured during the night's events, he too fell asleep on his bunk.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The long hours of the night passed, and the morning light poked through the clouds. With the morning approaching, their time aboard the vessel would soon be over. The general was one of the first up among the passengers, despite the fact that he had overslept some. He did his best not to disturb the others and went out to the common area to claim himself a table, on which he laid out a map of the world, full of little markings whose meanings were likely known only to Vukani. He had three hours, more or less, before the boat made landfall and the real danger began. With his finger he traced the path they would be travelling, making sure to read every little note and decipher every single mark his finger came across. Several other papers were strew about, mainly mission papers and a few personal notes, both of which he gently pushed aside. As his finger finally found its way to the heart of Epilon, a familiar face was there to greet him. "Well good morning Vukani. How did you sleep?" Mirko began as he took a seat across from the general. "I tell you, waking up in the middle of the night really messes with my beauty sleep. Speaking of which, did you check out the damage to the ship yet? It's pretty interesting! I've seen ships torn apart by those chaos mines and it isn't pretty. We got lucky and only hit one. What? you don't believe me? Well, check for yourself. Those markings just scream chaos mines. What do you think about that Vukani? Seems like those artifacts are spreading. You and your team better be careful out there." Mirko smirked as he leaned back in his chair.

"Thanks so much for your concern. I think my team and I will be just fine. It'll take more than a little chaos mine to kill me." Vukani replied.

"Oh I wouldn't doubt it. You always were a survivor. Isn't that right? I mean how else would someone as important as yourself survive the war? As far as I heard Megazolis was hit pretty hard too. I don't see a lot of gazenan general's walking around aside from you. I wonder why that is?" Mirko said mockingly.

"I would think that you, of all people, could care less about what happened before the war. Let's cut to the chase Mirko. Why are you here? Did the Conclave send you?" Vukani asked sternly.

"Come now, it's been this long and all you want to talk about is business? You really haven't changed. Even if the Conclave did send me, do you really think I'd be discussing it with you, or anyone for that matter? The Conclave guards their business very well." Mirko said.

"Well, will you continue to bless me with your company once this ship lands? Where is your business taking you?" Vukani inquired, growing increasingly annoyed.

"Unfortunately for us both, our paths seem to be the same. At least for the time being. Like you, I will be heading south and that is about all I can tell you." Mirko got up out of his seat. "I always love our little talks. I'll be seeing you Vukani." he said as he returned to the sleeping quarters.

Vukani let out a huge sigh and leaned back in his chair. This adventure was turning out to have quite the beginning. As others began to trickle out into the common area for breakfast, he gathering up his papers and returned to his bunk to prepare for departure.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Roughly two hours remained before the boat was scheduled to arrive at the port. As more and more Menan moved about, Aleksandra slowly opened her eyes. Sitting up to stretch, she saw the general was finishing packing up his personal items. "How did you sleep? We have two hours until we arrive so make sure to grab some breakfast and pack up your things." Vukani told Aleksandra.

"Yes sir." she replied. She then peeked over the edge of her bunk to look down at Zyanya and the others to see if they were awake. Ezpalli woke shortly after Aleksandra but was enjoying the comfort of her bed. Aleksandra had slept well, all things considered. Ezpalli, on the other hand, was still exhausted. She barely slept after they had to evacuate briefly. Every creak of the boat and every rough wave kept her on edge and she was excited to finally be off this boat. Apparently they only had two more hours she had heard the general say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zyanya woke up while it was still dark and sighed as she laid there in the silence. She had barely slept. Her strong facade and support for her comrades had drained her, so she should have slept like a rock. But the nights events made it hard for her to fall into a very deep sleep.

She lay there in silence for quite some time drifting in and out of sleep but was stirred awake by the general getting up and leaving the sleeping quarters. Well, might as well get up too. Maybe I can get a chance to talk with Vukani a bit.

She slowly and quietly got out of her bed and pulled on her boots and threw her mess of curly hair up in a braided bun expertly. She was a bit chilly so she pulled a dark hooded sweatshirt from her bag and tossed it on. She made her way to the common area and spotted the general sitting, lost in his paperwork. She hesitated for a moment. Maybe I should just let him be. But I really want to have a few moments to talk to him before we get to our destination.

She took a tentative step forward but paused again as Mirko plopped down across from Vukani. "Dammit... Why him?" She huffed and pulled up her hood to conceal her distinctive pallor and bright blue eyes. She did not want to deal with the schmoozer today. She made her way to the table beside Vukani's and sat with her back facing Mirko. She instinctively trained her ears to their conversation and his attitude towards the General made her blood boil. The way he spoke was so disrespectful, condescending, and sarcastic. I knew there was a reason I didn't like him. Hes completely different in front of us!

She sat there quietly with her head on her hands until both men left and headed back towards the sleeping quarters. She grabbed a small breakfast sweet and shoved it in her mouth and reached up to readjust her mess of hair while she fast walked back to the others. She wandered in nonchalantly. "Good morning everyone! Hope you all slept alright after the nights scare!" She gathered up her few belongings while she talked and looked around at her teammates. They seemed tired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Demos woke up early, only the General beating him to rise. The interruption they had meant he was not as well rested as he would have liked to be, but it would be enough. He quietly made his way to the deck and began his morning routine. He was on the ground doing push-ups when the sun rose. He only wished he could have done a run, but the ship did not have enough room.

After he had finished there he, showered, and then found his way to the mess hall so he could refill his energy.
    ------------------------------

Vel could not fall asleep for the rest of the night after the accident. He rolled around on his bed, trying to keep the thoughts of death and suffering away. He both wished they could get started as soon as possible, and wanted to hold off from starting as long as possible.

He had to pull himself together. If their medic couldn't keep a straight head, what would that say for everyone else in the group. It was clear some of the others already did not like him for how he had acted when the ship was hit.

As others began to stir, it was clear he would have to get his shit together soon. But he stayed in bed, trying to avoid it.
    Whatever could it be

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast