Thread: Necromancy: Curiosity Revived the Cat

Just around the river bend, through the mists of Avalon, hard right at the rainbow.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Persistent worlds infused with high fantasy.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Necromancy: Curiosity Revived the Cat

Merry meet!

My name is Madeleine, although my oft-used moniker was “Whimsy” in these interdimensional lands.

I have been roleplaying on-and-off since I was 11. I would say that the time frame between eleven and fifteen was the “Golden Age” of my virtual journeys, while a relentless series of adversities brought my chapter of adventuring to a close. I became submerged in the quicksand of responsibility to account for these challenges, and my creative powers atrophied. I’m hoping to revive them. I’m 27 now, so I’ve had sixteen years of (required or recreational) writing to lend a helping hand to a communal story.

I always wondered why, as Marie Kondo would say, fantasy writing “sparked joy” in my life, and yet I would eventually cave and collapse under the pressure of juggling multiple storylines. This shame would inevitably goad me to remove myself from the equation and fade into obscurity. I’ve since learned that I experience a condition called “executive dysfunction”, which impedes my ability to multitask. I’ve finally dawned upon the revelation that I am capable of stepping into (and steeping myself in) the enticing realm of roleplaying, but that in order to maintain a “flow state”, I can only delve into one quest (RP) at a time.

My two badges here comprise of the "Perfectionist" award from 2010 as well as acknowledgement as a "Level 1 RPA Adventurer", and, uh, I think that's a good synopsis of me as a roleplayer: I've been out of the game for a decade, I'm persnickety about designing characters that "fit" people's specifications, and I'm not renowned for being active. I hope to avoid lurking but also overextending myself.

At this point, I can melt into any genre with delight, but I must admit that I have a special fondness for Dungeons & Dragons / high fantasy due to Neverwinter Nights being my “gateway” to roleplaying. I relish the thought of providing harmony to a party that becomes more close-knit over time as it encounters and surmounts obstacles.

Enclosed is a picture of me and a science fiction avatar I utilize in order to navigate through speculative scenarios as a form of art therapy. I guess it's akin to a grown-up Mary Sue delving into a Jungian underworld.

I’m very excited to embark on the next stage of magical nomadism with all you talented folks!

P.S. I'm a Luddite, so my post formatting and avatar / signature sets are basic.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Hello and welcome back WhimsicalWail! It's always nice to have a place to return to...I know I have slipped away a few times due to real life situations. Hopefully you will find an RP to join and can emerge yourself in your writing again!

Just around the river bend, through the mists of Avalon, hard right at the rainbow.
    Persistent worlds infused with high fantasy.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thank you!! I am perusing both the fantasy section and the private roleplaying recruitment page! My preference is to leap into the beginning of a storyline so that I can keep abreast of all developments! That helps the immersion process.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Welcome back! Hope you have fun again!
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If your writing itself is even half as poetically formatted as your intro, color me intrigued.

Spoiler: Favorite Quotes(Changed Monthly) 

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Admin of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)

welcome home WW! nice to see you back!
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!