Thread: RWBYAU: (Recruiting) [Apotheosis]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

hey
    this looks interesting
    I am trying to make a good character idea.
    but I have a few questions:
    is it a good idea to list one's semblance/power?
    and what level of tech is there available?
    any restrictions I should be aware of?
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eda Van Rey
    Fauna
    Female
    Height: 5 Ft. 11 In.
    Eyes: Dark red
    Hair: Black

Spoiler: more info 
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 08-08-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Fantasy, romance, magic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default I admittedly stopped watching RWBY halfway through boy Ozpin, but I'll give this a go

Name: Kaela Springs

Credentials: A first year huntress at Beacon Academy

Weapon: A simple staff that has spearpoints on both ends with fifteen feet of thin cable spooled up inside of it. There is a red, narrow toggle switch in the middle of the staff that, when pressed to left or to the right, will launch the cable out one side of the staff. The spear point will catch in anything catchable, and she can reel herself to the target by returning the toggle switch to the middle position. She can go back the other direction, to a catchable target, by putting the toggle switch to the right. If she just wants to reel the whole cable in after a fight, the toggle switch moves back to the middle and stays there. She does not have any sort of ability to retract the weapon to a pocket-sized form for convenience. Nope! She has to carry that bugger everywhere!

Semblance: Kaela's semblance, considered a tad lame by some fellow hunters and huntresses standards, involves her being able to sense other peoples' emotions through physical contact. If she latches on to an enemy and senses fear, she might consider pressing her attack. If she latches onto an enemy and it's projecting confidence, she might consider retreating. Her semblance takes a cool head to use, which unfortunately requires the hot-headed, aggressive Kaela to concentrate on maintaining her calm in combat. Her own emotions can sometimes drown out her semblance in reading others' emotions. The stronger her own emotions, like if she were to touch someone she felt attracted to, the more difficult it must be for her to sense that person's emotions because her own are blocking her power. She certainly has room for personal growth in this area.

Appearance: Small of build, slight of stature, Kaela Springs sports jet black hair worn in a ponytail down her back. Despite her short stature, she's taken to a fighting style mostly involving kicks and defensive use of a staff (think kickboxing meets bojutsu). While she might not be able to reach things on high shelves, her short, some might call stubby at their own peril. muscular legs can pack one heck of a wallop! She attempts to make up for her lack of upper body strength with speed and dexterity, using the body of her spear to thwart quite a few close-up physical attacks.

Background: Born in Vale, Kaela's mom died a huntress not to a monster, but because she slipped on a patch of ice and cracked her skull open. It was sudden, both Kaela and her father were present, and could not get her to medical services in time as they had been on a family outing, ice skating on a lake. They thought that a hunter and a huntress would be able to protect their only child from Grimm for a day out in the cold. They were right, but fate had other ideas for Katerina Springs. The father, Xiao Yu, resolved to raise their daughter, Kaela, with the utmost dignity and train her to follow in her mother's footsteps as best he could.

Kaela and her father didn't talk much, at all really, about her mother. It was an off-limits subject up to and after Kaela graduated from Beacon. Sure they had their fair share of inside jokes and special bonding moments, but there was always the fading shadow of what could have been looming over their heads.

To this day, Kaela wonders if her father will ever see her as anything more than a not-as-good replacement of her mother. Whenever she asked, he got quiet, merely saying, "Just do your best, Kaela. Love you." Not exactly awe inspiring, as it left something to be desired in her. And so it was that she ended up wandering far and wide, only returning for occasional visits with her father when she had extra money, killing Grimm in exchange for aforementioned currency.

Spoiler: Picture 
    Last edited by MissScrivener; 08-07-2019 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Formatting change

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@Highland Sniper
    I like the idea you have there though as far as her semblance I think "time" is a hard no. You see Time to me is a universal constant, for someone barely an adult to be able to freeze time world wide would be astronomically powerful even if only for a few moment, on the reverse side if it's only local the butterfly effect would be equally catastrophic since technology is a thing. I would advise a more personal semblance for her, something akin to Haste, her body will accelerate allowing her to move and think faster effectively to her perception slowing down the world. This is a bit more powerful than Ruby's semblance from the show since she is only moving faster her perception would change, this then does come with the drawback that her body would be ageing quicker as well through its use, burning more energy and aura than usual.

Spoiler: Would you consider this an accurat account of how you described your weapon? 

@MissScrivener
    Had a chance to read it
    I'm wondering if you are aware that I set the time period back a bit to where the characters are students If so are you intending Springs to be a teacher or maybe a mentor type character to them?
    I'd be willing to allow you to act as a senior student as well if that will work out for you.
    Otherwise I don't really have any issues mechanically with her.
    Last edited by IejirKothar; 08-07-2019 at 03:43 AM.

Fantasy, romance, magic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Negative Ghostrider. I missed that. I initially wanted to make her a first year student, so this is perfect.

Fantasy, romance, magic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Please excuse my double post for the sake of this mention, but profile edited back to first year as I'd originally intended!

@IejirKothar

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@IejirKothar
    for the semblance, I think I might agree, this should work for my character when it comes to speed or power. but, I think I would want to take a look at other possibilities for semblances before I say yes.
    as for the weapon, ya I think that would work in the description.

so, besides the semblance, anything that could be worked of or changed, or could make more sense?
    or is it all good besides?
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 08-07-2019 at 02:46 PM.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@Highland Sniper
    Nothing at the moment let me know what you decide.
    @Agent Rina
    It's your turn to post something if you want.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I do have an idea as molecular manipulation
    but that is also too powerful because of how it could be used.

I could do short-range teleportation
    but the idea that goes along with this is, how much energy does that drain? I would say at least half of what it would have taken to walk/run the same distance in the first place.

but I can't seem to be able to figure something else out that is good.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Short range teleportation is something I could allow, 30 ft max range, has to be within eyesight to avoid poping out in a tree or something, self targeting.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast