Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC] Kingdom Hearts :: Shattered Remains [PG-13]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Light and Darkness are abstract terms when you consider the order of the world." Rafe said answering Luna's question. "In elemental terms they are just opposite forces one unable to truly exist without the other. The heartless themselves are actually a normal occurrence, it's the branded ones that have upset the natural balance, from what I understand a scientist found a way to artificially create and control these heartless, whats more is that this individual has apparently been alive for quite some time and has been manipulating things in his favor all for a singular outcome." Rafe paused for a minute before deciding to lay his hand on the table so to speak. "I'll try and make this as clear as I can but understand I dont' have all the information, I'm sure most of you have heard something of this is rumor anyway, there is something of an organization trying to manipulate a conflict in order to release sealed hearts be that from the heartless or living people it doesn't really seem to matter. This is the second such event of this to my knowledge and trust me, we can not allow it to happen a second time. The first time this happened it completely shattered the words to their present state. All of my friends and family wiped out in an instant all for one man and his damned ambitions." He turned to Luna after composing himself. "That is the "darkness" I speak up young lady. The unchecked hubris of a mortals ambition and hunger for power."

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alinara stopped as Luna spoke up again, ready to speak say something back, but then another spoke up. He seemed to have an idea of it, but the picture from his perspective. Knowledge from the places he is from. "The darkness I've seen here is one that has been beaten down time and time again, skewing the balance towards the Light. All from the power of a single boy. One that wholely believes that the darkness is something that must be banished from things. That only by embracing the Light can balance be achieved."

She just shook her head,returning to walk away. "But I can see that naught of what I can say will change your path. Even with the knowledge that for each time the balance is thrown askew, the stronger the backlash must be to try to restore it properly. Even if that means all must be reset to the beginning." And with that she had turned the corner, moving on to call forth the others.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vanigx was confused by the cryptic messages of Alinara but he focused back on Alexiel while gently holding her in his arms. “I don’t know why, but your face seems familiar. I just can’t remember. I wish I could because you seem like a kind and beautiful person who cares about people.”

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As Riku and Kairi left in the portal Undine watched as the portal closed and as the portal was closing a black spot appeared inside of the portal as it closed. The color drained from their face as they realized that Noctis must have been watching, and that darkness they saw was him or one of his wraiths entering the same portal. All they could do was hope that nothing happened to the two young warriors.

They turned and faced the ocean as the sun was setting over the water. An orange red glow filled the sky as they closed their eyes as they thought of what could happen. “My the light protect both of those young warriors. The light can lose another warrior to the darkness.” Undin said as they disappeared in a flash of light.

As Riku and Kairi was being transported through the light to Traverse Town. Suddenly a darkness reached for Riku and began surrounding him. Fighting back Riku did as much as he could against the darkness that was surrounding him. Yet it was all in vain. In a panic he looked to Kairi to make sure she was okay, and saw that the darkness was leaving her alone. This was a relief, but at the same time raised the question. Why was it after him again?

Pushing these thoughts to the back of his mind since he needed to concentrate on the task at hand he raised his voice to reach Kairi. He needed her to not get involved whatever this was it was after him and him alone. He knew she would try and help him.

“Kairi, Don’t worry about me. Just keep going. They will need you to guide them until I return.”

As Kairi was walking slightly ahead of Riku deep in thought about meeting these new wielders. Then as they were heading to Traverse Town Kairi felt something was wrong. When she heard his words she turned and said before he was taken by the darkness, "Riku! Don't you dare let them get to you. We will find a way to save you!" However she felt hurt that the darkness was trying to take Riku, they already took Sora. Although she was likely not targeted was because of the fact that she is a princess of heart; however with the being said, why were they not after her?

When those words left Riku’s lips the darkness consumed him and took him from the corridor of light. The darkness felt like it was constricting around him closing of his breath and threatening to take his consciousness. Then suddenly the darkness released him from his bonds and dropped him off in an unknown location in the realm of darkness.

Riku slowly picked himself up off the ground and took in his surroundings. This place was familiar, and yet at the same time the darkness around him was so thick that he felt like it was going to consume him.

“Where is this place?’ Riku questioned knowing good and well that no one would answer. The realm of Darkness has never been known as a place of answers since the only creatures here were unable to speak a coherent word. Doing the only thing that he could possibly do he began walking through the darkness to try and find his way back to the realm of light. Little did Riku know that he was being watched from atop a cliff by a man in a black coat.

“Wander deeper into my nest, and become consumed by the darkness that awaits you.”

=-=-=-=-=-

Stopping in his tracks Raizel turned to the girl that spoke to him as he was leaving. Saying that if the darkness is not stopped then there would be no place that would be free for him to live. Though even with that he really didn't care to get involved in whatever they were talking about. He truthfully believed that light and darkness could learn to co- exist. Giving a large sight he turned his back once more.

"Fighting a battle that has nothing to do with me is not something that I have an interest in. Whether it be for the light or the darkness. Even if the world were to disappear in the next couple of minutes. I want to be able to say I was able to live for myself." Raizel said as he had this nagging feeling pulling at him. He may be acting like he didn’t care, but truthfully no matter how much he tries to close off his heart it was impossible. That was what got him in trouble in the first place. Thinking for others rather than just for himself.

Cursing under his breath he looked to the others. “Why is it so important that you have to fight the darkness? Why cant the light and the darkness coexist like they should?” Raizel asked this question was meant for the woman in the dark armor as well, but she seamed to leave before he asked.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

As the armored girl left, her parting words instantly caught Ardeth's full attention.

"Even with the knowledge that for each time the balance is thrown askew, the stronger the backlash must be to try to restore it properly. Even if that means all must be reset to the beginning."

Ardeth held his tongue and maintained a poker face until the armored girl had left, watching her until she was out of sight, and then he spared a sharp, yet sober glance to the man who had nearly left the group. Coexisting and maintaining balance was one thing, but at what cost? The armored girl had all but answered that question for them, and now a part of Ardeth was almost glad to see her go.

"Enough of this." Ardeth said brusquely, speaking loudly and firmly enough to hopefully get everyone's attention. He waited until he was sure he had at least most of their attention, and then continued.

"All of us were called here for a higher purpose. We may not know why. We may not want to be here. But until we fulfill that purpose, none of us will be able to return to our normal lives. And much more than that is at stake for some of us."

Ardeth paused for a moment, contemplating a suitable place to start, and then spoke up again.

"Now... perhaps if we each knew more about how we came to be here, we could see what it is we must do. One at a time. Who first?"
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vanigx came forward as he looked into Ardeth’s eyes and spoke up. “My name is Vanigx. I somehow arrived here while fighting against hordes of Heartless in Neo Midgar using something called a light rifle and other weapons that use magic based properties. I was on the frontlines until a Darkside that somehow looked like a dragon swallowed me up. That’s how I remember it at least. I can’t remember my past before I was on Neo Midgar, but I feel like I did something horrible.”

Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wilhelmina gave some thought to what he asked trying to form the words as best as she could, "My reason.... I watched as those dark figure came to my world taking men, women, and even children. Innocent children... Even slaying valiant warriors trying to keep the citizens of my world safe trading their lives for their own. They even tried to take my little sister from me, so if the darkness wanted to coexist with light then why.... Why would it take the lives of children? Why make people flee in terror and cause pain if it wants to coexist? I know death is inevitable, but the deaths didn't need to be so violent," Before she knew it her eyes welled up with tears thinking about the horrific looks of her people's faces and how her mother would have to face it without her. Wilhelmina felt guilt for leaving everyone behind when she could of stayed and did all she could to help, but she was here with no idea how to get back even if she wanted to go back home.

She turned her attention from Raizel to Ardeth glancing up him for a moment then down to the book she had brought with her, "My name is Wilhelmina Rosewood of Crystal Oasis City. My world was attacked by various shadowy creatures until my mother was able to erect a barrier for the safety of the city to keep them out. It is my duty to seek out others like myself to bring the worlds back into balance even if it mean leaving while everyone else is in danger, so here I stand in hopes to fixes this influx of darkness in hope save as many people as I can along with my own," Wilhelmina replied trying to think about something else when remembered something else that made her look back up at Ardeth then spoke once more, "I'm sorry for interjecting earlier when Alexiel spoke to you, it isn't something I'd do normally."
    Last edited by CrimsonLady180; 09-09-2019 at 06:06 PM.

All however have low experience in Westerns.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Thanks to CrimsonLady180 for her help!

"Alexiel! It's wonderful to have you here, it's been so long since I've seen you," Wilhelmina said warmly as she pulled into a gentle hug. She heard the woman and knew who it was instantly recognized who it was, "Wilhelmina ni-sama!" She returned her hug, then letting go, "It has been too long since I have last seen you, tell me were you called by the forces of light as well?"

"Indeed it has! It seems you've grown a great deal since we last saw each other," Wilhelmina replied but her smile lost its warmth and a twinge of sadness passed through her eyes for a moment. "Due to unfortunate circumstances, yes. It seems we have something bigger than we realize on our hands, though I hope we'll learn more of this quest soon..." she said softly trailing off for a moment.

She felt Wilhelmina's sadness and she did her best to hide it; however, she then placed a friendly hand on her cheek and smiled, "Don't worry Big Sister, I know if everyone will work together, we can stop what is coming.” Although she looks to see the older man whom she spoke to in Arabic, just seemed to ignore her, which made her sad in her own right. She then looked to Wilhelmina and then trying to keep her smile, "what do you think Wilhelmina?"

Wilhelmina smiled placing her hand over Alexiel's then nodded, "You're right, hun. You're still as sweet as ever." She giggled for a moment then gave an inquisitive look, "What do I think of what, Alexiel?"

Alexiel smiled as she looked into Wilhelmina's eyes with her own Amethyst eyes, "Why thanks Big Sister Wilhelmina." As to answer her question to what Alexiel asked, not realizing that she neglected to finish her statement, she laughed embarrassingly, "Sorry I did it again, I forgot to completely ask the question." she paused and then continued, "What I mean is, what do you think of the tension that is going on..." Alexiel paused and looked to the few others that were around but didn't know all of their names, "Everyone seems to be expressing different feelings; however it seems that...everyone has a different opinion about what is going on. How do you feel Big Sis?"

"Oh, not to worry. I often find myself lost in thought as well, situations like this can be overwhelming. Anyhow my thoughts, I want us to get along for the sake of all the worlds. When we complete our mission is over I hope I'm strong enough to safe my home, it's the thing that will keep me going," Wilhelmina replied as her hand drifted over to the book in her bag then continued, "I think if we all get a better understanding of each other and our goals maybe we can all come to a consensus, perhaps we can move forward."

Alexiel then nodded in agreement, "I think that would be a good idea..." she looked to the others, internally sighing because everyone seemed to be on edge, which caused her to visibly shake, "Although I think that the only way that we may all come to a consensus is for the one that called us here, appear to explain the situation." She then felt the sadness radiating from the Spirit of Traverse Town. "I believe in your strength Wilhelmina, and I know you will do what you need to, to make sure your world is safe. I can relate to that feeling more than you know." Remembering herself that Rocial was somewhere, even if she knew not where. She would have to, when the time came, fight for Spearia.

When suddenly Alexiel was hit with feelings of what she was not quite sure what they were and being held in Vangix's arms, “I don’t know why, but your face seems familiar. I just can’t remember. I wish I could because you seem like a kind and beautiful person who cares about people.” A crimson red blush comes across Alexiel's face and stutters, "M-Maybe it is someo-one from your w-w-w-world?" She turned to Wilhelmina her eyes looking like she was desperate, after all, she never really learned how to interact with people whom she didn't really know.

Alexiel then heard Shiva mentally speak to her, 'Alexiel, be cautious with that young man, he has Dark Bahamut at his beck and call. I do not know how he came to acquire that Eidolon; however I cannot tell you what to do, but I can provide you with a warning.' Alexiel nodded, 'I understand Shiva, and I appreciate the warning.'

"I would say that's correct, then we'll know the purpose that brought us all together for better or worse..., Please...forgive my slight....overreaction...." she couldn't help but pause. “It’s just...well...the thing is..." Alexiel knew she was stumbling. She remembered when she first met Wilhelmina, she stumbled over her words like she is now.

"Touching someone against their will isn't easily forgiven, no one should be made to feel uncomfortable. I would hope that would be understood. Besides our focus should return to the main reason of why we are all here," Wilhelmina replied quickly calming down feeling bad for making things more difficult. "I'm sorry my Little Lady. I will try to keep myself from being so overprotective of you, I know you can take care of yourself but you're still as much of a little sister to me as Stella is. Take your time with your words, dear," she said with a gentle smile as Mina patted Alexiel's head when she noticed the man had responded to her question after all.

Alexiel nodded, “I don’t mind though, you wanting to protect me means that you care.”

Alexiel then felt a mixture of emotions from Wilhelmina’s response she felt really bad for her, she wanted to comfort her; however, at this moment Alexiel was not sure how she should. As Alexiel was intending to answer the question that was asked, she felt another presence, “Please…excuse me.” Alexiel bowed slightly to Vanigx as she headed towards where she felt the new presence.

A flash of white light as Kairi appeared, she looked around, knowing that Riku was also taken by the darkness, it must have been that ‘Noctis’ person that Undine had told them about. She had to hug herself for a moment, although she wanted to cry, first Sora, now Riku…she didn’t understand why the darkness didn’t come after her. She didn’t want to lose either of them, but now she was alone. She knew that she had to be strong, she promised Riku that she would find a way to save him.
    As Kairi was lost in her thoughts, she saw a familiar anthropomorphic dog carrying his usual shield, “GOOFY!” she called out.

Goofy deciding to head into the second district hearing his name called, “Gosh, is that you, Kairi?” He came over to her and gave her a friendly hug, “Say Kairi is Sora with you?” Kairi’s eyes teared up slightly and then placed his gloved hand on Kairi’s shoulder, “What’s wrong Kairi?”

“Sora is missing, and Riku…he was captured by the darkness…” Goofy then wiped Kairi’s tears away,

“Everything will be ok, Riku has been in the darkness before and has come back…and looks like we will have ta save Sora.” Goofy smiled at her. Kairi smiled, “Thank you…Goofy, I needed to hear that.”

Alexiel was trying to find the source of the new presence, when she came across a young redhead and an anthropomorphic dog, ‘Wait, the spirit of traverse town showed this anthropomorphic dog in that vision she saw with that boy, Sora.’ Alexiel kept a fair distance and then spoke softly, “P-pardon me, did you both just arrive here?”

Goofy looked to the girl that spoke to them and smiled, “Gosh I have been here for a while, but didn’t find anyone until I ran into Kairi.” He then paused and bowed, “My name’s Goofy. It is a pleasure to meet you!”

Alexiel nodded moving closer towards the two of them, “Nice to meet you Goofy, I am Alexiel Hikari; however please call me Alexiel.”

“Hi, I am Kairi.” Kairi spoke trying to keep a poker face, not trying to show she is upset. She extended her hand, which Alexiel took and shook with a firm, but gentle grip. However, after Alexiel let go of Kairi’s hand and with the sad feelings that she has been feeling she couldn’t help but to clutch her chest, which then Alexiel fell to her knees, doing her best to keep her from shedding any tears.
    Kairi then placed a hand on Alexiel’s shoulder, “are you alright?” Kairi spoke softly.

Alexiel placed a hand over Kairi’s and spoke, “I promise I am alright…it is just that…” taking a deep breath remembering what Wilhelmina said to take her time with her words, “You see…I am empathic. In short, I feel the feelings of others. With that being said to me, the feelings are a spectrum. Everyone that has arrived here, has had hit me with various feelings. It has left me feeling uneasy. I can understand everyone’s confusion. They suddenly being summoned from their homeworld.”

Kairi then perked up slightly, “You mean others are here?” Alexiel nodded, “They are in the second district. I felt your presences and wondered if you were in a similar situation.” ‘I just don’t know if everyone will be on the same page.

Kairi then looking into Alexiel’s eyes, “Well I was with another, his name is Riku; however as we were heading to Traverse Town, the darkness seemed to take him, where I am not sure. I know and I believe in him. It just seems like a big undertaking without him here.”

Alexiel sensed what Kairi spoke of was what she was really feeling. “Once we are aware of why we were summoned,” she paused and then got on one knee, “I know I will do everything possible to help you get him back.” Alexiel then stood up, extending her hand to help her up. “Thank you, Alexiel.”

Alexiel smiled and nodded, “No problem. If you want, the others that have arrived they are in the second district. ” Kairi then asked, “Are you going to follow us?”

Alexiel thought about it, “I will rejoin everyone else shortly…I just need a little time to myself.”
    Kairi then nodded and then spoke to Goofy, “Let’s go meet the others Goofy.” Which Goofy nodded and then followed beside Kairi.

Alexiel went over to find a place to sit, and then took in a deep breath, ‘It will be alright…their emotions are not yours…’ ‘Alexiel did we upset you?’ She heard the spirit of Traverse Town speak to her. ‘No you haven’t upset me, I promise. I am just having some trouble, these primal feelings from some of the other keyblade wielders. Their emotions, although not unfamiliar they are overwhelming.’ The spirit of Traverse Town felt bad for Alexiel.

Alexiel then taking in a few deep breaths and then trying to refocus her efforts to not allow the other’s emotions to overwhelm her; however, she couldn’t help but feel like that there was something in the air. Alexiel was unsure if anyone was around, ‘Spirit of Traverse Town, do you sense anything or anyone?
    The Spirit shook its head, ‘We are sorry; however it is possible. They are more than likely hiding their presence. We should tell you that you should be cautious.

Alexiel then allowed her mind wander back to the question that was asked earlier, by the gentleman, although she didn't know his name “Why is it so important that you have to fight the darkness? Why can’t the light and the darkness coexist like they should?”

She had her own answer to that question, but she wasn’t sure if she should voice her thoughts. Alexiel figured that she should get back to the others. However, Alexiel still wanted to find the keyhole and she was still unsure if she should express her opinion about the Raziel’s question.

As Alexiel was returning to the others, she heard someone's voice, "Enough of this." Ardeth said brusquely, speaking loudly and firmly enough to hopefully get everyone's attention. He waited until he was sure he had at least most of their attention and then continued.

"All of us were called here for a higher purpose. We may not know why. We may not want to be here. But until we fulfill that purpose, none of us will be able to return to our normal lives. And much more than that is at stake for some of us."

Ardeth paused for a moment, contemplating a suitable place to start, and then spoke up again.

"Now... perhaps if we each knew more about how we came to be here, we could see what it is we must do. One at a time. Who first?"

Alexiel then wondered about how to answer Ardeth's question; however, she was unsure if she should answer. Especially since she was incorrect in Ardeth's language. It surprised Alexiel that he spoke English. Since she was close and could clearly see that the markings on Ardeth's face are in fact Ancient Egyptian.

"Well...I was told that...that something has disturbed the balance of the worlds...and was told that...others would be called upon, and we would be charged to restore the balance."

Kairi then saw Alexiel and then she herself wondered how she should answer the older man. Then Goofy spoke, "Gosh...name's Goofy. I am the captain of King Mickey's knights. His highness said that We'll need together to stop whatever is coming."

Kairi nodded, "I know that my friends have been taken into the darkness there names are Sora and Riku..." Kairi then was not quite sure about what else to tell them. Although she really wished that Riku was here now.
    Last edited by SpiritofDestiny; 09-14-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to acknowledge CrimsonLady180 for her help Thanks again!
    Spoiler: Sigs 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vanigx smiled warmly at Alexiel and was blushing heavily as well. “You seem familiar as well, Alexiel. I did tell you how I came here, though. I was defending Neo Midgar from the Heartless when suddenly I ended up here while blacked out. I can’t really remember anything except my days in Neo Midgar and my name. Tifa was like a mother to me.” At that moment, Vanigx looked to the ground while still blushing and thought of Tifa before smiling.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Rafe internally argued he'd already tried to explain himself and his purpose to these people and vaguely withed Master Ava had survived in his place, but she had ultimately chosen to take place in the war and he watched her fall. It was true he wasn't a member of her union but still, She wasn't after power for its own sake like some of the other unions were, but in battle your intentions meant almost nothing against the strength of your enemies steel.
    He shifted his attention to the large Dogman... thing that introduced itself as "Goofy" and the red haired young woman beside him. "Two more faces, added to this menagerie, are you also keyblade wielders? Light, it seems I've been reborn only to truly take part in a second keyblade war" Rafe swore exasperated by his fate.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast