Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC] Kingdom Hearts :: Shattered Remains [PG-13]

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alinara just stared at the group as her wounds healed up on their own using the blood (mainly her own) around her. She didn't ask for any healing help nor did anyone offer any. In fact she checked to make sure she wasn't using the Assassin's soul crystal job since almost no one paid any heed to the answer she had given to Undine. She was in her Dark Knight base job, and she just watched as arguments in the group escalated. "And these are those chosen to keep Light over Darkness... I guess after three victories through a single person, the Light would be hard pressed to find those that could even be close to worthy." She just let out a little laugh and shook her head.

She turned her gaze to Wilhelmina as she addressed her and just gave a smile. "I don't fight for the Light in the balance. I fight for the Darkness to be balanced with the Light. From what I understand in the universe, Darkness has tried to rise to power multiple times only to be beaten down by the Hero of Light. Sora I believe?" She closed her eyes, shaking her head. "It's a wonder that his efforts haven't just erradicated Darkness completely and made Light the sole power in the universe." The Dark Knight stood herself up, turning her gaze to Riku, watching as her wrothe in pain with the people around him. "He, however... He better understands the delicate balance of Light and Darkness. He's worthy of being followed."
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Neither Ardeth nor Luna responded in any way to the latest outburst that ensued, each for their own reasons. Luna stood aside and watched the altercation intently, making mental notes on each person's points, but already seeing that to intervene would only inflame everyone’s tempers even further. Ardeth, for his part, had to restrain himself from giving his own input on the matter. There was no more point in continuing this argument, and by now he had all but had enough. His doubts about Raizel had started to dispel as Undine's last speech seemed to get through to him. However, if Alexiel and her guardian were truly this sensitive to even the slightest negative emotions, then perhaps the two of them did not belong here either. Still, there was nothing Ardeth could do about it at the moment, as Undine had already overruled whatever authority he may have had in that regard.

Then a boy about Luna's age suddenly appeared, showing all the classic symptoms of the Cruciatus Curse, yet whoever was casting it was nowhere to be seen. Motioning for everyone to step back, Luna summoned her Keyblade and held her wand in the same hand, both pointed at Riku. This wasn't something she had ever tried before, but it seemed like a good idea, given what she knew of these things so far.

"Finite!" Luna said, waving her wand and Keyblade simultaneously. Her wand alone hadn't done much against the yellow eyes they'd fought earlier, but if she could harness it in tandem with the Keyblade, then it just might work.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All however have low experience in Westerns.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

“You honestly believe that I would take advantage of Alexiel, huh?! I’m not some damn monster only looking for personal. So don’t go acting like a high and mighty dictator over what I can and can’t do. I want to help her just as much as you, but you’re just too stuck up and stubborn to let her accept my help even though I have shown nothing to take advantage of her. It’s almost like you don’t understand other mortals besides Alexiel.”
    You only wish that what you just said is the truth…I protect my summoner because I KNOW how mortals are. I have had to serve evil mortals. Mortals are infamous for turning on one another when the opportunity is given. I have been forced by previous summoners who allegiance falls to the side of darkness, I was forced to end the lives of many mortals who were not even involved. So with that in mind, it is why I KNOW and I WILL protect her!” Shiva paused and pointed at Vanigx, “I will not allow the snake to kill the frog, simply because the frog was performing an act of kindness.

Do not act like you are any different…I could even bet on the possibility that if it was to save your skin, you would allow my summoner to DIE!” Shiva than hugged Alexiel closer to herself, “If that EVER happened, not even your Dark Bahamut would stop me…” Shiva’s eyes darkened, “I would end YOU!” Shiva then dropped the temperature around her, it slowly spread and dropping the temperature quickly.

Alexiel started to shiver, feeling sick once again, she spoke softly that only Shiva could hear her, “Please…Shiva…” Before Alexiel could finish her thought, she once again felt the pain from the short-haired man near Kairi.

Kairi meanwhile, had slightly moved Riku to try and make him feel more comfortable, "It didn't seem to work?" Kairi felt bad for Riku and the pain that he was in, and she couldn't think of anything else to try After Alexiel went to Undine to take responsibility for something that wasn't her fault. She cast Curaga a few times while Alexiel was speaking to Undine, Kairi in turn felt bad for Alexiel. She was not responsible for what happened, it could have happened to anyone. Kairi smiled slightly. “Forgive me Riku, I should have been there with you…” She placed a hand on Riku’s cheek.

While Kairi was trying to comfort Riku’s unconscious form Alexiel saw Komory Bat, flapping its wings above Riku, Alexiel thought mentally to Komory Bat, ‘Are you saying Komory Bat that is your master you were telling me about? That is Riku?!

Kairi heard Raziel’s words,
    “Don’t move him. The spell has to be removed before he can be healed or moved.”
    Kairi although didn't mean to cause Riku more pain, but she had to move him slightly, she would hope that Riku wouldn't mind.

"If you know that then do you know how to remove the spell? Can anyone here remove a spell this strong?"
    Wilhelmina spoke to Raziel-san.

Komory Bat nodded happily while flapping its wings a little harder. Alexiel then mentally facepalmed. ‘My healing skill was not high enough to even make a dent?’ She then remembered what Lady Elsinore once told her that if you try to use something that you have little experience in, it won’t be very effective.

Alexiel then first asked Shiva to take her over to Wilhelmina, and Alexiel tried to comfort Wilhelmina, “Don’t worry Big Sister Wilhelmina, I think I know of a way to fix it, but please try to keep the others away...for their sake, and Shiva’s.”

Alexiel then asked Shiva, “Shiva, please take me back over to Kairi. I may have failed the first time, but I know something that I can do. It will work. I will make it work.”

Shiva then took Alexiel back over to where Kairi, Goofy, and Riku were. She gently placed Alexiel on her feet.

“Thank you, Shiva.” Alexiel then kneeled on Riku’s right side, and she placed a friendly hand on his right arm, “Forgive me...I tried to do something that I do not know of. Something I didn’t know how to use.”

“However I have something that will work…” Alexiel then placed her hands over his heart, “Kairi-san, Goofy-san, If you can keep him still for a moment, I would truly appreciate it,” Alexiel then looked to Shiva, “When the time is right, I need you, Shiva, to cast Curaga.”

Shiva nodded, “Of course my summoner, by your will.

Kairi and Goofy did what Alexiel asked of them, then Kairi said, “What are you planning on doing?”

Alexiel then said, “If I told you, you would try to stop me.” She then took a deep breath, and then Alexiel concentrating her energy, she softly glowed white.

Komory Bat then flapped its wings, ‘Take me to him, Komory Bat...’ Alexiel telepathed to Komory Bat. Unsure if was telepathic or not.

As Alexiel was trying to reach Riku’s heart, she felt and was struck by his feelings from what happened to him before now:

Although there was minuscule fear, completely unnoteworthy. However, she was hit with overwhelming waves of anger...but equal parts determination…

“...To rescue Sora,”

'Komory Bat...please guide me to him…' Alexiel asked Riku’s Komory Bat and then it flapped its wings a few times and then headed off in a general direction. The area around Riku’s unconscious was vast and almost empty, but Alexiel continued to follow Komory Bat to where his unconscious self was.

Alexiel speaking with herself, “Forgive me, Kairi-san, I couldn’t completely keep my word. I can only hope this will make up for it.” She then thought back to the others, they were also hurt. When Rocial’s words rang in her mind again:

"Admit it, your naivete will be the reason that these warriors will fall."

I will make up for what happened to everyone else...no matter how long it takes.’ Alexiel thought to herself. ‘I will take on the pain...

When Alexiel reached Riku’s unconscious self, she then kneeled on his right side, while Komory Bat was flapping its wings, it landed for a moment on Alexiel’s head. She smiled slightly, “I appreciate your concern Komory Bat...but don’t worry about me.”

After Komory Bat got off Alexiel’s head. She then patted its head, “Besides, It is better that is happening to me, I am not worth fighting for. He is needed more than I. I believe that he can unite us…” ‘I must take responsibility for what happened to the others…’ Alexiel then took a deep breath, slowly letting it out. She had to clear her mind.

When she cleared her mind, she placed a hand on Riku’s arm and placed her other hand close to his heart and then she placed both of her hands over his chest, She started to speak in a language lost to the ages, and thought to herself, ‘I am not afraid of your curse...I will take the brunt of it, so no one else has to.

She then heard the full curse that Noctis had cast on Riku:

"May the sins of the damned return tenfold and decimate the one standing before me."
    As Alexiel continued to speak in the lost language, she felt herself drawing out the curse’s effect, and in turn transfers it to herself. She started to feel that her muscles were being strained, but she didn’t care, she was going to remove this completely, no matter the risk to herself. Alexiel felt that her sins were worthy of being redeemed by taking this on.

As she was drawing the curse away from Riku to herself, her body started to slowly have chains appear around her, and on her actual body were appearing what looked like chain tattoos all over her body.

“I would have hoped to have a chance to have a conversation, but it seems that fate is a cruel mistress,” Alexiel spoke to Riku’s unconsciousness and then spoke again, although finding it was more of a struggle, “We need to be united...or this division will break us...Please, Riku-sama I know you will be one to do so...”

She then felt herself pulling on her unconscious form, the last thing she spoke, was “I hope you will forgive me for my sins…” She then felt herself being drawn away from Riku’s subconscious and then felt herself being slammed against her body, her muscles are on hyperactivity.

Shiva then knew her summoner had completed the task and saw and also sensed no trace of any curse on the young man with short hair. “CURAJA!” Shiva then casts a high healing spell, which retroactively healed the young keyblade master of any pain, injury, and anything else that happened to him.

Alexiel started to convulse. Shiva then turned to her summoner, “Forgive me my summoner, but this will help you recover,” Shiva brought her hand up, “Healing Ice Prison!” Shiva’s attack froze Alexiel in place, while in this, Alexiel would not move, but it would slowly heal, however, the downside is that Alexiel wouldn’t be able to move or talk.

Shiva answered Wilhelmina's question, "The answer Princess of Your Homeworld, is that my summoner removed it from the young man by transferring its effects to herself in the young man's stead."

Kairi felt that Riku’s muscles were calming down but then asked Shiva, “Will she be ok?”

Shiva nodded, “Yes, Princess of Heart. She just needs to wait it out. That young man should awaken soon...

Kairi then looked to the still unconscious Keyblade Master, “I hope he does…”

Unseen by anyone something had been waiting and decided to stir additional chaos into this concoction.

Not forcing anyone to speak, they decided to use their voices, to give the darkness in their hearts a voice, so the first one was:

the Arabian,

"Alexiel and her guardian should be sent away since they cannot handle negativity..."
    Next, Luna, the witch from another world,

"She's only causing trouble."
    followed by Vanigx,

"I’m some damn monster...I want Alexiel gone!"
    Then, Wilhelmina

I want to return to my family, Alexiel is only causing me trouble.
    The Dark Knight, Alinara

I will end all of them, starting with the Blonde.
    The Warlock, Raziel

I will trust no one, especially Alexiel.
    Undine

I made a mistake...
    When the last voice was cast, in a subtle dark mist, appeared an image of Rocial. She felt eyes on her and then started laughing, "What is with everyone staring, you should be happy...I simply gave the darkness in your hearts a voice..." Rocial then pointed to Undine, "Even in the one that summoned you all here."

Rocial looked towards Lowell and where Riku was, "So it seems, Undine summoned some extras to her side, Just more darkness for me...I wonder if Noctis knows? He'll know soon enough...it is no business of mine to say anything...after all, we are not allies..."

Shiva softly growled, luckily for Alexiel she wouldn't hear the voices, for she was in the realm of sleep. "Leave here, child of the darkness..."

"Why should I Shiva? I'm just here saying that everyone seems for the most part want Alexiel gone. I am simply to make an offer, Return my sister to Spearia, and I will leave everyone else alone. However know this, if you keep my sister as an ally, you'll make an enemy out of me. I will use you all to end my sister one of you has already contributed to that cause...I will systematically get what I need from all of you. All of you have darkness in your heart...and I will claim it for myself, and use it to end my sister."

Rocial then looked over everyone, "You all have plenty of darkness...it will be quite satisfying indeed. You have your choices, lose an ally, or gain an enemy?"

Her red eyes glowed softly.
    Spoiler: Sigs 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vanigx listened you everyone around and felt confused despite listening to Shiva. “The truth is I never acted like a selfish bastard to save my own skin. I remember when Tifa was in danger and there was I could have died, I jumped in anyway and I’m still alive and proud to say I saved her. I expected nothing from her and still, I was congratulated and thanked. Another time being when there was a fire in a skyscraper in Neo Midgar, I could have burnt alive, but I was prepared to die saving people on the off chance I did. Again I asked for nothing and expected nothing. It was simply the right thing to do. So forgive me, Shiva. I understand your position, there are selfish mortals out there, but I’m not one of them.” At that moment, he walked back to the frozen Alexiel and sat by her side. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, please do so. If not, I won’t fight and I’ll accept my fate for Alexiel’s sake.”

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default What is happening in the Land of Darkness

As the sun was starting to rise on the desert that was usually silent and calm had the sounds of shovels digging at the sand, and the voices of many talking in Aribic as they worked. However, the Medjai that were working to excavate Imhotep from his imprisonment were working so slow that Ra thought that they would need some incentive to make them work harder. Leaving A humanoid heartless that understood to keep the Medjai working while he was gone Ra left the Archaic Land’s and returned to the realm of darkness. He was going to retrieve something that he thought that would be able to be used against them to make them work harder.

Appearing inside of the castle's prison he walked down the hall heading straight to where his intended target was being held. Sohail had been keeping to himself, not speaking much except to his fellow prisoners, more often than not while the guards were out of earshot. Sohail was also putting up quite a fight whenever any of the guards tried to enter his cell. Stopping in front of the door, Ra took a deep breath as he opened the door. He hoped this time the man might not try anything that might get him hurt again.

“Sohail, are you ready to play nice?” Ra asked, keeping his guard up just in case.

Sohail’s expression was unreadable as he looked up at his captor, not moving from his current seated position in the corner. It was all too easy to recognize the man who’d claimed to surpass the Creature himself.

“You’re wasting your time.” Sohail said flatly, keeping calm despite his situation. “The Medjai will never give you what you want, not even for me. Such are the vows we swore at manhood.”

Ra just watched Sohail as he entered the room. Closing the door behind himself and then turning as the elder began to speak about the medjai not giving him what he wanted. It was true that they were putting up quite a fight on not excavating the creature, and reaching his Keyblade that had been buried by the same events that took Imhotep back to his grave.

“My time is far more valuable than anything. However, I am not in too much of a hurry to get to the creature. My goal is deeper and more important than just him. Besides, you and your ilk will do what you are told.” Ra said as he took a step closer to where the man was sitting.

It had been hundreds of years since he was a medjai, infact Sohail would probably know who he was if the man knew his real name. But that was the past, and he would never be able to get his life back. All he could do was retrieve his Keyblade and maybe some small part of his past life.

Sohail stood up the instant he noticed Ra approaching him, sidestepping to a position where he couldn’t be cornered so easily. He may have been disarmed shortly after being brought here, but he could hold his own if need be, and would not allow himself to be taken down that easily.

“You and I both know that will never happen.” Sohail said. “You were a Medjai too once. You know the sacred oaths will never allow it.”

Ra just shook his head as he looked at the man. He knew all too well that the Medjai are bound to an oath that they are never allowed to break. Even if it meant their death. However, that was an oath that he was no longer able to uphold.

"I was Medjai once, but no longer." Ra said as he removed his hood revealing his face to Sohail. His mocha skin and short black hair were not out of the norm, and the Medjai tattoos were prominent under his eyes.

"Would the Medjai keep to their oath even if it meant the extinction of the whole tribe? The answer would be yes. The tribe would even allow themselves to be completely annihilated before submitting. Yet, everyone has a breaking point. Even you." Ra threatened as he took a couple more steps towards the man.

“As do we all.” Sohail said, his calm composure still not wavering in the slightest. To deny his own human limitations would be futile, but this self-proclaimed former Medjai had his own breaking point as well, even if Sohail did not yet know where the man’s limitations lay.

For now, Sohail continued to move away from Ra as much as he could, but readied himself for a fight if need be. Obviously Ra was expecting him to fight back, and inevitably Sohail would need to defend himself against whatever his captor was planning, but the fight would be on Sohail’s terms, lest he fall into whatever trap Ra was clearly setting for him.

Ra stopped his approach and shook his head. Deciding to take a seat on one of the chairs in the room. It didn't matter if Sohail tried to run for the door. If he left this room he would feel the full effects of the darkness that surrounded him. This room in combination with the medications he had been forced to take keeps him from the darkness from effecting him. Yet, if he left this room it would surely kill him.

"You are as stubborn as the rest of the tribe. Keeping to old traditions even though the Pharaohs have long turned to dust. Keeping a vow even though that one vow will cause the destruction of your whole tribe. Would it be worth having your people vanish from the world just to keep a vow to the dead?" Ra said as he closed his eyes. He was once like this man, but now he was different.

Sohail raised an eyebrow at that statement. It was true that the original Medjai were sworn to protect the Pharaohs of ancient times, but times had changed very quickly for the Medjai since Imhotep’s condemnation.

“That ‘vow to the dead’ gained a whole new meaning after the Hom-Dai was performed.” Sohail asserted. “Guarding the Pharaohs of old was one thing, but securing the monster born from that infernal curse became a task in itself. To fail in that would be to let our entire world be destroyed.”

At that, Sohail held his head up high. “I will never understand what drove our ancestors to bestow such a curse, knowing what it would unleash if Imhotep returned. But the damage is already done, and if we must give our lives to save the rest of the world, then so be it. That is why we still heed the old ways, long after the reign of the Pharaohs came to an end.”

"Our ancestors were fools that didn't think of the future. They only thought about themselves. That is the way it is. You should think for yourself once in a while. Spending your life killing innocent people for the sake of the world." Ra clicked his tongue a couple of times.

"Why not just let us take the creature and you can be free from his threat. Besides, the world you know is going to fall into darkness anyway. Why not live your own life for a short time."

Sohail fell silent for a moment. Could it really be that simple, to just hand over the creature and remove the threat he poses once and for all? To no longer dread the prospect of innocent bloodshed in the name of safeguarding the world?

“If you are so willing to end the threat of the creature, then what do you want him for?” Sohail asked, now genuinely curious. However, something still told him that it would not be that simple, especially as his captor still said the world would fall to darkness anyway, making the freedom he offered short-lived at best.

Ra shook his head. "I have no idea what my master wants with him. I am in no position to ask. As for me. I am looking for something else that was lost to those sands long ago. Something that belonged to me when I was once a Medjai." Ra said as he looked to his hands. He knew it was a long shot finding 'what' he lost.

“And what is that?” Sohail asked next, calming himself now that he had the chance. Hamunaptra was home to many secrets, some beyond what any living person could possibly know. Whatever this man was looking for could be either just what they needed to stop this madness, or the instrument of their destruction.

Ra smiled slightly but didn't answer the question. It was Jon of his concern what he was looking for. Yet it was the same thing all of the Wraiths were looking for. What all of the Wraiths lost to Noctis.

"Are you willing to surrender the creature to my master, or are you still wanting to waste your lives guarding him. I really don't care either way." Ra said as he really didn't care if they fit the work willingly or were forced. Depending on his answer would determine if he mentioned Ardeth.

Harry Potter observed the exchange intently from an adjacent cell, but said nothing for now. He’d only just met Sohail after finding himself in this dark place — along with Draco Malfoy of all people — but the older man had made every possible effort to keep the two of them safe and sane throughout all of this, and Harry was grateful for that.

When it came to talking about himself, Sohail didn’t really say much, aside from once mentioning a son who had found a sword similar to the ones Harry and Draco had each been made to retrieve from Hogwarts. But clearly there was so much more to know, this being the first time Harry had ever heard about the ‘Medjai’ who once guarded the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt, or about this ‘creature’ born of an ancient curse that threatened the entire world.

Up until that point, Harry had occasionally spared a glance in Draco’s direction, gauging his former rival’s reaction to all that was being discussed, partly in hopes that just maybe any of this might prove useful in their current situation. But when Ra started trying to force Sohail to hand over this mysterious creature for some unknown purpose, Harry could keep silent no longer.

“Don’t give it to them!” Harry said aloud to Sohail. “If that creature’s nearly as powerful as you say, it’s not worth it.”

Draco kept rather quiet since his arrival, he had little desire to speak unless addressed directly. His thoughts were consumed with the thoughts of everything that has happened like waking from a nightmare, it was the only way to explain his parents being captured by this dark enemy and Voldemort returning from the grave. Draco was mentally beating himself up for allowing this to happen, he lost the only people that meant the world to him and now he was stuck in a cell with Harry Potter of all people… The situation seemed to render him useless only pissing him off more, but it seemed the older man had it together considering he was locked in here as well keeping Draco from banging around his cell for a way to escape.

When Sohail mentioned Ancient Egypt Draco remembered that some wizards had searched for some of the ancient artifacts, but most are met with a terrible fate, or so they say. Perhaps these ‘Medjai’ could be protecting these artifacts considering what little the man had shared; it doesn’t seem completely unlikely since this ‘creature’ seems as dangerous as the mythical creatures around Hogwarts if not worse.

An irritated sigh came from Draco feeling Harry’s eyes on him, but before he could ask what Harry could possibly want from him Ra came in to pressure Sohail about the creature’s location for his master’s purposes. When Harry spoke up on Sohail’s behalf Draco could help the chuckle that came out in response as he stood up to lean against the bars, “Always the courageous Gryffindor, but if they resurrected Voldemort there’s no telling what they would do to that creature… Probably make him more dangerous that he already was, so as usual Harry Potter would be correct,” Draco replied with a gesture towards Harry then continued posing an inquiry towards Ra, “It is curious that a man that shares the same ancestry as Sohail would willing try to excavate a creature knowing what it is capable.” Draco was curious if Ra would tell them anything more of what’s going on.

Sohail turned in surprise when the two boys in the other cells interrupted, but then he calmed down and nodded his thanks to them both, his choice now clearer than ever. Ra wouldn’t say what he wanted with the creature, but his silence on the matter spoke volumes, as did his assertion that the world would soon be doomed anyway.

“No good can come of your master’s plans.” Sohail said firmly. “If either of you value your lives, tell your master to abandon his search now, before it’s too late.”

Ra didn’t turn his attention away from Sohail as both of the children that were across the hall decided to intervene in his conversation with the Medjai. He knew this might have happened with Harry, since he likes to get involved with things that don’t concern him, but it was a surprise that the quiet Draco would not only intervene but agree with his rival. It was amusing to say the least.

“Two children that seem to like to stick their noses in other people's business. I expected that from Harry, but not you Draco. Well, maybe it is hitting a little close to home.” Ra said not taking his eyes off Sohail. “As for my relation to the Medjai. Like I said I was once one of them, now I am a Wraith that serves only one Master. I have no concern with the past since there is nothing there for me anymore.” Ra spoke as if he was telling the truth. However, he, like all the Wraiths still has a connection, but there was nothing they could do about it. Betraying their master is something that was impossible.

“So, if both of you would mind keeping to yourselves as us adults talk I would appreciate it. Besides this has nothing to do with you.” Ra said as he crossed his legs looking straight into Sohail’s eyes. Even if he didn’t admit it to himself Ra could tell that there was something plaguing Sohail's mind. Maybe if he found the right trigger he could use that to his advantage.

“Now, my master has his own plans for what is to come, and it is not my place to know. However, I can guarantee you that the creature is no match for my master as far as power. Just ask those two young men. Even the most powerful wizard in their world was no match for my master, and he serves the dark.” Ra said waiting for a moment before he spoke once more.

“Voldemort was not the most powerful wizard.” Harry snapped, still bristling at that statement. Only Dumbledore deserved that honor as far as Harry was concerned, at least among the witches and wizards of their time. “Besides, your master only got to him when he was already dead, after his soul had already been torn to pieces.”

Harry was about to say more, but Sohail gave him and Draco a calm look before turning back to Ra, prompting Harry to control his anger and return his focus to listening to what was going on.

Draco stayed quiet listening to everything only to raise an eyebrow at Harry’s outburst. “He instilled fear in witches and wizards so they wouldn’t even dare say his name… He may not of be the most powerful wizard considering you killed him, but I’m sure when everyone finds out that Voldemort is still around after everything… It won’t be good, Potter,” Draco said with a mildly concerned look on his face with thoughts of his parents. He turned his attention back to Harry and with a subtle gesture to listen, but not to interfere any further wanting more information whether or not it could help them was yet to be seen.

“Ardeth is stuck doing something that no rules for the Medjai would allow. He is off telling others of the creature, and fighting alongside strangers. Aren't the Medjai supposed to keep ‘him’ a secret? Maybe I should enlist his help in securing the creature.” Ra said as he waited to see the reaction of Sohail now that he mentioned his son's name.

“The rules you speak of have cost countless innocent lives across thousands of years, and for what?” Sohail said, though now his once-calm voice seemed to have more of an edge to it. “The creature’s first and only return to this world laid whole cities to ruin, but not a single drop of innocent blood was required to send him back to his grave.” At that point, Sohail took a deep breath and managed to control himself, keeping his head held high as he continued.

“Ardeth knows that all too well; he was there to see it. Now he seeks to turn our people away from innocent bloodshed, and I could not be more proud of him.” Sohail said a bit more calmly now, though his gaze toward Ra did not falter. “But he would never help you use the creature for your own ends; he knows the danger better than any other living person could even imagine.”

Ra disregarded what Harry said. It was the ramblings of a child that didn't see the truth. Even he had a hard time fighting Voldemort. That is why so many people had to die at that time. Well the beliefs on one person don't mean much in this world. "Believe what you will, but just remember who is still among the living and who is not." Ra said as he had to agree with Draco on his concerns. Though Ra was certain that Noctis was going to use that to his advantage.

"The safety of the world outweighs the death of the few. That is what the Medjai believed. That is why you killed. Yet the threat is far from diminished. He may be buried under the sands, but that doesn't mean he is gone forever." Ra said as he stood up and walked a little closer to Sohail. "That is the way of the world. They say the darkness and evil are one and the same. That is what they believed in my day, and it hasn't changed." Ra said as he continued his approach. He was going to try and force Sohail against the wall.

"Are you sure Ardeth would forsake his tribe and you in order to keep the creature buried? If he is as kind-hearted as you think, and the Keyblade chose him then I doubt he would stand idly by if we threatened his people and you." Ra said as he continued to try and pin him down. It took a bit of maneuvering, but finally he was able to get the man into a corner.

Reaching out and grabbing the Medjais arm he roughly forced Sohail to come closer to him. When their bodies collided Ra wrapped an arm around his hips still maintaining the grip on Sohail's arm. He then bent in close to whisper into his ear. "Your son is more stubborn than you are. Yet, he has a soft spot that can be manipulated. Do you have the same fault I wonder?" Ra said as he could feel that Noctis was approaching the cell.

Harry bolted up to the bars of his cell as Ra accosted and eventually overpowered Sohail. He opened his mouth to protest, already trying to think of something — anything — that he could do to stop Ra. Just before he could say or do anything, however, he noticed Draco looking at him, just like he had been looking at Draco earlier. Draco didn’t say a word, but he was now signaling to Harry, motioning for him not to interfere.

Harry’s every instinct still screamed at him to not just stand there and do nothing, but maybe Draco had an idea? And as much as Harry hated to admit it, there wasn’t much that he really could do about it, having had his wand stolen from him and not having any idea how to even begin using that blade he’d been kidnapped for.

With no other real options at the moment, Harry moved as close to Draco as his cell would allow, both well within earshot of each other and hopefully not so much with respect to their captors.

Sohail put up as much of a fight as he could, and held his own remarkably well for a man his age. Nevertheless, Ra still had a clear advantage in terms of circumstance and sheer power, and so Sohail was inevitably cornered and restrained. Sohail calmed himself, needing to conserve as much of his energy as possible, and kept his head held high as Ra issued his threats.

“Is this how little honor you have left? Using a father to blackmail his son, and a son to blackmail his father?” Sohail said defiantly. “But you don’t know Ardeth like I do. You mistake his good heart for a weak one, just like so many other Medjai have since the night of the creature’s return. But I have watched him overcome every challenge he has ever faced, from the creature and even now from his own people. This will be no different.”

Sohail paused on that note, looking directly into Ra’s eyes before he continued. Part of him had a feeling of what kind of ‘fault’ Ra was referring to, but Ra’s threats would not work as intended.

“As for me…” Sohail hissed. “I am ready to die if I must, but I will not be used as a pawn against my son.”

Once Draco noticed Harry moving closer he did the same, “Look, Potter... I’m sure it’s not easy to sit back and watch the man be dealt with in such a way, but I think if we keep our eyes and ears open we can learn something and figure out how to get out of here,” he said shaking his head apologetically and sighed before continuing, “After everything I’ve seen sometimes it is best to lay low until an opportunity comes and like it or not we’re in this together.”

Harry could see Draco’s point, now that he’d at least calmed himself down enough to listen. The two of them weren’t best friends in any sense of the term, but after everything they’d both endured during the war, Harry couldn’t really hate Draco anymore, especially not at a time like this. If they had to work together to get out of this place, Harry was okay with that.

With a slight casual shrug he gave some thought to what was going on while still doing his best to listen to what was being said before turning back to Harry speaking once more, “I’m curious... How did they capture you anyway? Maybe we can figure out what they could want with us and that could help. At this rate I’m willing to try anything that won’t get someone killed.”

“That man over there,” Harry motioned toward Noctis, “he wanted me to get him some sword belonging to Godric Gryffindor. Said he’d destroy Hogwarts and everyone in it if I didn’t get it for him. If it were anyone else I’d say they were barking mad, but with the kind of magic I saw him use, and the way he called wizard’s magic primitive, I didn’t know what to think. Then as soon as I got the sword…” He trailed off, needing no further explanation as to what happened next. “What about you?”

Draco sighed angrily at the thought, but if Harry told him he knew he’d have to share his encounter as well, “My parents were taken hostage, I was told if I didn't retrieve a sword Salazar Slytherin hid in the Chamber of Secrets they would kill my parents… With undead Voldemort watching me there wasn’t much I could do for my parents’ sake, so here we are stuck in this bloody cell,” Draco replied, taking a breath before he kicked the bars which wouldn’t do him any good.

Ra could hear Harry's protest to what was happening. This kind of reaction would be normal for those that still have light in their hearts. Then the protesting stopped as Sohail addressed him about his honor and how he wouldn't be used against his son. Oh how he was so wrong on so many levels.

"Honor is for those that care what others think of them. I have no such restrictions anymore. Though I am sure that you will be able to provide ample leverage against your son, as well as some of the other Medjai." Noctis said as a voice rang out from the hall.

"Ra, I didn't expect you back so soon. Is the excavation going well?" Noctis said as he looked into the room seeing to position the two men were in. It was comical to see two Medjai in that position.

Ra just smiled as he let go of Sohail's waist and then drug him by his arm to one of the chairs and pushed him down into the seat. "No. The Medjai are not digging as fast as they could be. I thought bringing Sohail to them might hasten their movements. However, he refused to help." Ra said, taking a sideways glance at the Medjai before letting go of his arm. Moving over to the cell door he looked through the bars of the door.

"If I may ask why have you personally come to this place?"

"That is simple, it is time for Harry here to begin his treatment. I am sure Sora would enjoy the company at the moment." Noctis said as he looked to Sohail and then over to Harry and Draco. "Mr. Potter would you mind coming with me willingly, or are you wanting to put up a fight?"

“You keep away from me.” Harry growled, getting up and bracing himself to fight back if he had to. At the same time, however, he did not fail to notice Noctis’ mention of a fourth prisoner somewhere in this castle, and he was certain Draco hadn’t missed it either.

Noctis went to the cell door waving his hand over the lock. A snapping sound could be heard indicating the door unlocked. Opening the door he walked into the room.

Ra sighted a little as he did the same motion as Noctis to open the cell door that he was in. He knew what was going to happen and that it would take a second set of hands to keep Harry from interfering with Noctis as he prepped him. Opening the door he stepped outside of the cell.

Harry had turned around just in time to see Ra and Noctis each using some sort of hand motion to open the locks on the cell doors, and made as much of a mental note of it under the circumstances as he could. They may not have used wands, but Hermione had told Harry once about some wizarding cultures perfecting the use of hand motions instead of wands, especially in Africa and among some Native American tribes. If Harry could just copy the spell they were using…

Noctis walked nonchalantly towards Harry as he knew he would up a fight. Though he left the cell door open he really didn't care if he tried to escape the room at the moment. If he did then he would feel the full extent of the darkness that surrounded him. He was safe in this room, but out there was another story. He also heard what the children were talking about, but that didn't matter. They could scheme all they wanted but it would still end up the same.

Draco watched Harry almost seeing his mind work, “Harry, don’t do anything rash…” he warned quietly, shaking his head but knew that Harry’s Gryffindor spirit would make him fight against all odds rather than comply considering they were outnumbered in an unknown place. There was no telling what was beyond their cells at this point considering it could be far worse than being locked in a cell.

Harry backed away from Noctis, but not so far as to let himself be cornered. Instead, Harry waited for just the right opening and then immediately took it, rushing past Noctis without warning and straight to the only occupied cell that was still locked: Draco’s. Draco would more than likely scoff at such an impulsive move, but seeing how they now planned on taking Harry away to who-knows-where, Harry knew they might never get another chance.

Reaching his hand over the lock just like Ra and Noctis had, Harry repeatedly imitated the same hand motion as best he could, calling to mind every unlocking spell he could think of and even trying to simply will the lock to open…

But then it all went horribly wrong.

It began with a sudden wave of pain and nausea, but Harry willed himself to ignore it for now, knowing that time was still of the essence. Then it became progressively worse, something rising up in Harry’s throat and causing him to cough and retch. He instinctively turned his head away to avoid coughing on Draco, and as he did so, spots of blood started to appear on the floor. Then vertigo began to set in, causing Harry to collapse and start curling in on himself, the world around him shifting until he found himself on…

…a bed?

As the pain and nausea gradually faded, Harry recomposed himself as much as he could and examined his new surroundings. He was now back in one of the cells, lying halfway on top of the bed within. Sohail stood in the doorway with his back to Harry, the older man’s composure visibly more shaken than before, while Ra and Noctis were still out in the hallway.

Sohail had noticed the change in Harry’s condition, and when Ra had stepped out of Sohail’s own cell, it gave Sohail just the right opportunity to intervene. Without warning or hesitation, Sohail ran up to Harry and pulled him back into Sohail’s own cell, then went back to block the door. In doing so, Sohail had felt a similar wave of pain and nausea, but was able to block it out long enough to grab Harry and pull him to safety, though clearly the effort had not left him entirely unscathed. Nevertheless, he stood his ground against Ra and Noctis, fully prepared to die protecting the two boys rather than live to be used as blackmail.

Draco was in shock by Harry’s rash actions all he could do was watch, “Harry! What are you doing?! Are you bloody mad?!” he yelled trying to stop him, but suddenly Harry looked pale as he turned to cough up blood before falling on the floor. “Harry… Come on, Potter! Get up!” Draco called to Harry, shaking him though he tried to rouse Harry to move to no avail. Draco was quickly losing his composure not wanting anyone else to die needlessly.

Not even a moment later Sohail had sprung into action grabbing Harry pulling him into his cell then blocked the door. “Both of you are mad…,” Draco muttered in disbelief but relieved that Sohail acted quickly, “Are you both alright?” Draco called trying to get a good look at both of them to assess how they were doing considering the situation.

“I’ve felt worse.” Harry said first. There was no point in telling them he was fine when he clearly wasn’t, but now that whatever that curse was had apparently subsided, he at least managed to regain enough focus to try to get back up and see what was going on now.

“Harry, stay where you are.” Sohail said firmly, letting his natural paternal instincts take over. Draco clearly needed no such warning, so for him Sohail focused instead on keeping him calm enough to think clearly if he needed to. “I’m all right Draco. Don’t worry about me.”

Noctis made no attempt to try and stop Harry from leaving his cell. If the child didn't think things through it was his own fault. Turning to watch as the darkness did it's work on a weak child of light. It didn't take Harry long to succumb to the effects of the darkness that was his world. Taking his time to walk out of the room he was about to collect the young wizard when another form darted in front of him grabbing the child and pulling him to safety.

Noctis turned his head to see that Sohail had seen what was happening and Ra had joined him in the hall. The older man risked his own health to protect Harry. So, amarable yet so stupid. Shaking his head as Ra joined him.

The Wraith was surprised when the Medjai ran past him to grab the child. Though he knew what he was thinking. He was once a lot like him in many ways. He was loyal, willing to risk his life for others, and more. Yet that was in the past, and there was nothing left of that man in him.

"Such foolishness." Was all Ra said as he looked back at Sohail as he was blocking the door of his cell protecting the young man behind him. As if he had the power to actually stop them from entering the room. "Master Noctis." Ra said as he knew he would get an answer soon.

"My dear little Medjai. Risking your health for that child. Oh how your ancestors must be proud." Noctis said as he approached the man that blocked the doorway with his own body. Sohail looked worse for wear since he entered the darkness. Yet not nearly as bad as Harry who almost passed out. "You are such a noble man. You know that Ra was a lot like you when I collected him. He had such foolish ambitions." Noctis said as he tilted his head with a smile. "Yet even I was a fool once." Noctis said as he turned his back to Sohail walking away from him.

The one called ‘Master Noctis’ was leaving, but Ra had stayed behind, so this was not over yet. Wasting no time, Sohail shut the door of the cell, knowing now that there was no point in trying to escape that way.

“Where’s he going?” Harry asked. Having barely moved to a half-standing position against the side of the bed, the young wizard craned his neck toward the hallway to try to see more.

“I don’t know.” Sohail replied briefly, using the chair Ra had been using earlier to start barricading the door, along with anything else he could move without straying too far away from the door. He could not attend to Harry without first securing this cell enough to avoid any surprise attacks, and for all he knew they could just as easily target Draco as well.

Draco watched the scene that unfolded before intrigued by the information about the captors which only made him wonder what changed these men into what they are now. There wasn’t much to make of it for the time being, but once Noctis left Draco breathed a sigh of relief before chuckling lightly, “Figures... Potter couldn’t be beaten by the Dark Lord. Almost like a cat with nine lives,” Draco replied shaking his head then continued, “Good to hear you’re okay too, Sohail.” His attention turned back to Ra figuring he had nothing to lose besides not getting an answer to his question. “Does that mean you’re not human anymore? What changed you?” Draco asked Ra bluntly leaning against the bars.

As Noctis passed Ra he whispered something to the man and then left the room. He knew Ra would get him what he wanted without much of a fuss. Though if they were uncathed would be another story. "All's well that ends well." Noctis said as he made his way to the room where Sora was being kept, and soon Harry would be coming.

Ra just sighed as now he would have yet another task to complete before taking Sohail with him. Shaking his head looked into the cell and saw that the Medjai was hard at work trying to blockade the room. Which was a waste of time to begin with, but he might as well let him have a false sense of security.

"It is no concern of yours where he is going. I still have business here so…" Ra said as he recalled what Noctis told him "Bring me Harry. I don't care what happens to Sohail, as long as you don't kill him. But make him suffer a little." So, Sohail was going to get the short end of the stick in the end.

Yet before he could do anything Draco spoke up asking him some personal questions. One was a question that he himself didn't know the answer to, and the other was not something that he was at liberty to tell. If he told the young man and he blamed he would be punished.

"I have no idea about if I am human or not. What I am is a Wraith. Nothing more and nothing less. As for how I came to be this way. That is something you would have to ask Noctis about that. If you are so inclined to know." Ra said as he just looked at Draco for a moment. He knew he was information gathering, but that won't help him in the end.

"Sohail, you really don't know when to quit. You should have just agreed to come with me. Now you have no choice." Ra said as a black and lavender portal opened outside and in the room between Harry and Sohail.

With that Ra appeared in the room facing Harry. "Did you learn your lesson Yong man?" He asked as he took a couple of steps towards Harry.

“I’m not stupid.” Harry growled. As Ra started to walk toward him, Harry used the frame of the bed to pull himself to the side, hoping to find some sort of gap that he could use to pass by Ra. An idea came to him as he felt the bedsheets under his hands: probably wouldn’t do much for their case, but just maybe…

Sohail, meanwhile, acted quickly as Ra suddenly appeared in the cell. As Ra approached the still weakened Harry, Sohail took the chair from the barricade and rammed it at Ra.

Harry saw what Sohail was about to do and acted accordingly, throwing the blanket over Ra’s head as a distraction and using whatever time this gave him to run to Sohail. Sohail pushed Harry behind him to shield the younger man, but as he did so, the sheer irony of the moment finally sank in for Harry.

This was like that time in the Department of Mysteries all over again, when he and his friends had been fighting for their lives against stronger and more experienced opponents. And now here stood Sohail, risking his own safety to protect Harry…

… just like Sirius did.

“Stop it, both of you!” Harry cried out, turning toward Ra first and taking a deep breath. “Just leave the others alone, and I’ll go with you like he wanted. I won’t fight back. Just leave them alone.”

At that his gaze crept up to Sohail, the glossy look in his eyes saying more than enough.

“I can’t do this.” Harry said, shaking his head. “Not again.”

Sohail did not move, but the look in Harry’s eyes told him what he needed to know. The younger man had witnessed this kind of situation before, and it had not ended well. Sohail’s every instinct still compelled him to continue the fight, but he could understand Harry’s grief all the same, and rested a hand on Harry’s shoulder to try to reassure him.

There’s seemed to be more to Ra than what it seems, but he seemed to remain loyal to this man. I guess he won’t know why for now unless Noctis was willing to talk for some reason. Draco’s thoughts were easily interrupted by Ra’s attempt to capture Harry and Sohail ready to put his life on the line for Harry’s safety when the fighting suddenly stopped with Harry interving. “For what it’s worthy, Potter… I think you’re doing the right thing for your safety as well as everyone else… I’m sorry,” Draco replied quietly knowing an apology from him was probably the last thing Harry would expect though this apology went a little deeper than being unable to help.

The intense feeling of loss could even be felt by Draco, he has never seen Harry like that… He started with a long sad look for a moment, “What is he going to do to Harry? Who is this Sora person?” Draco asked quietly unsure if Ra would give him a straightforward answer or not, but he needed to know. He didn’t want this to be the last time he’d see Harry, yet the feeling that he would soon be in this alone with Harry gone and eventually Ra would come back for Sohail. This whole situation looked hopeless.

Ra was distracted by the chair slammed into his back and the sheet that was thrown in his face, but instead of angrily ripping it off of him he just gently removed the arrival of clothing. Turning to face the two captives he took a couple of steps forward towards the two. As Sohail stepped in front of Harry it seemed to trigger something I. The young man and he screamed out.

This action stopped Ra's advancement as he could tell this was weighing heavy on the young child. Harry stepped beside Sohail as he begged for him to stop and that he would willing go with Ra. Then another voice interrupted. The voice belonged to Draco asking in a mild voice what was going to happen to Harry and who Sora was. Two questions he did know the answer to…

"Sora is another guest of my master. He has been here quite a bit longer than either of you. As for Harry,... That is something you will have to take to Noctis about as well." Ra said as he began to walk towards the two prisoners. He had his orders. Stopping a bit back from where the two were having a sentimental moment.

"I will not do anything unnecessary as long as you come willingly." Ra said as he held out a hand. If Harry took it then he would be able to leave and come back for Sohail, but if the latter decides to interfere then he will have to incapacitate the older man to get to Harry. The young man was in no condition to fight back anyway.

“Sohail… please…” Harry said softly, noticing that Sohail was still hesitant to let him be taken. “They’ll only kill you and take me anyway. There’s no point.”

Sohail seemed to understand this, his posture relaxing as he turned to face Harry. There may not be much he could do to protect Harry physically, but perhaps he could still protect the young man through other means.

“You are a good man, Harry Potter.” Sohail said, his voice returning to its usual calm as he looked to both Harry and Draco. “I barely know you, but I see the light that sustains each of you in this darkness. Hold onto it with all you have, both of you. They will try to put out that light, to break your spirit. You must not let them break you.”

Harry quietly nodded his thanks, taking every word to heart. His head held high, he turned back toward Ra and took the man’s hand, mentally preparing himself for whatever was to come.

Ra just watched the events unfold between the young wizard and the Medjai. It was a touching scene that is if you still had a heart to touch. As for Ra he knew that it should have been, but it was not possible. He just waited until Harry took his hand.

“Wise decision.” Was all Ra said as he closed his hand around Harry’s. As he opened a dark portal and led Harry towards the portal. No matter if Sohail decided to follow him the same situation would happen again.

Once Ra and Harry were gone all was quiet… Draco looked to Sohail not sure what to say at this point. “Um… Sohail… Are you alright?” Draco asked quietly not sure what else he could offer beside brief conversation. He scratched the back of his neck searching for the words for a moment, but at this point he believed the best thing was to move forward…

“Can you tell me more about your son and the Medjai? I’d like to know more about them,” Draco asked, trying to offer some conversation to keep them distracted. Worrying wouldn’t help either of them.

Sohail could only watch Harry go, only snapped out of his thoughts when Draco spoke up. Sohail had done all he could for Harry for the time being; now here was Draco, no less vulnerable than Harry was, or perhaps even more so. The blond wizard had hidden his concerns well, but had mentioned a very real worry for his parents, not knowing where they were or what had become of them. Sohail remembered the latter more clearly now, in light of Ra’s threats to subject Ardeth to that same torment. Sohail would not allow them to manipulate his son in that manner, and perhaps he and Draco could offer each other some form of comfort while they still had some time together.

“Less than a year ago, I might have said no. But now I may as well.” Sohail said wistfully, sitting close enough for him and Draco to clearly see each other.

“In Ancient Egypt, the Medjai were once the Pharaoh’s sacred bodyguards.” Sohail began. “For many centuries, our ancestors’ first loyalty was to the Pharaoh, until the events that spawned the creature our guard and I were speaking of earlier.” Sohail said.

“How the creature came to be is a long story in itself,” Sohail continued, “but in short, the creature was once a High Priest convicted of high treason and practicing forbidden magic. For his crimes, he was condemned to endure the Hom-Dai: a curse so horrible that it had never before been bestowed, and never was again.”

At that Sohail fell silent for a moment, becoming more sober now. “The Hom-Dai has since turned him into a monster: an undead being that, if ever released from his grave, would become a living plague upon the world. Pharaohs came and went after that, but the Medjai still keep watch; too much is at risk for us to do otherwise.” He said, moving on to the other part of Draco’s question next.

“Ardeth has led the Medjai for little more than three years now, but these past few months have been difficult. In more than 3,000 years, the creature has only once risen from his grave, after two bands of treasure hunters came too close to his tomb and the spellbook that revived him. Many in the ranks have blamed Ardeth for the creature’s return because he had shown mercy toward the treasure hunters earlier that night. And yet it was only with the help of those same treasure hunters that the creature was defeated, and not one of them had to shed innocent blood to do so.”

Now Sohail’s eyes lit up a bit more, glancing at Draco more intently.

“That was when Ardeth discovered his key-shaped blade, while fighting alongside the treasure hunters.” Sohail explained. “And much has changed for our people since then. As our guard said before, the Medjai once believed that the safety of the world outweighed the lives of a few innocents, but now Ardeth knows that’s not always the case, and since then he has fought to turn the Medjai away from innocent bloodshed. But very few of our people are willing to see it as he does; to this day, they see Ardeth’s desire for change as nothing more than weakness.”

“You seem so proud of your son… Ardeth is lucky to have you and the Medjai are lucky to have him as well, hopefully they learn it sooner rather than later. Perhaps Ardeth could still save the Medjai with some help. It seems his new found allies could be rather helpful. Well at least I hope so for all of your sakes,” he replied with a slight chuckle at the idea of hope. A concept still foreign to him, maybe Harry was rubbing off on him a bit.

A small smile crossed his lips to Sohail’s eye light up talking about Ardeth, it wasn’t something he was too used to though his own father was turning over a new leaf for the sake of their family. “I don’t believe it's a show of weakness to turn from killing to another option that could save more lives. My parents and I weren’t one the good guys like Harry, but I think it was the best decision to turn away from the Dark Lord.... It was a big risk, but I don’t believe I’ve ever felt closer to my parents before that moment,” Draco said thinking fondly of his parents but thinking of them made worry creep in.

It was about five minutes before Ra returned to where Sohail and Draco were being held. Both of the men seemed to be in conversation about something, and in all truth he didn't care. After having to be in the same room as 'him' he was not in a good mood yet not truly in a bad mood. He just didn't like the man.

Stopping in front of the Medjai cell he looked in with a smile on his face. "Are you ready to come with me?" He asked in all seriousness. He would use force, but he wanted to have him come along willingly. It would keep him from accidentally killing the man.

Draco's attention was pulled from Sohail to Ra. He knew it was only a matter of time though it was quicker than originally anticipated. Gathering that Ra seemed to be in no mood for anymore antics from them he gulped the uncomfortable silence away for a moment only to clamp his teeth tightly together to keep from saying anything.

He looked to Sohail with a subtle shake of head urging him not to do anything rash. He tried to warn Harry before things spiraled out of control, though it didn't help. Draco hoped that Sohail wouldn't be the same.

Sohail tensed as soon as he heard Ra’s voice yet again. So now it finally came to this. Whatever sense of honor and loyalty Ra may have once had was now gone, and still he insisted on using Sohail as blackmail against his son and his people. Sohail would never consent to that, and in his mind, he recalled the promise he’d made to Ra during the latter’s first attempt to seize him:

I am ready to die if I must, but I will not be used as a pawn against my son.

Now the time had come for Sohail to make good on his promise, and he began to contemplate how to go about the task. But before he could say or do anything, he heard a soft gulp and glanced back to Draco, who looked too frightened to speak.

“What is it?” Sohail asked gently, letting his focus stay on Draco for now. It didn’t matter to Sohail what Ra did or didn’t do, but Draco would ultimately be left alone in this place after all was said and done, and the father in Sohail could not leave him in such an emotionally vulnerable state.

Draco shook his head for a moment, "Please don't do anything rash… I'm sure your son and your people wouldn't want to find out you got hurt or worse… They may blame themselves," he replied softly thinking of his own father.

"It's probably my fault my parents are in this mess," Draco muttered angrily to himself pawing through his messy blonde hair feeling anxious, but knew whatever decision Sohail made he would hope for the best.

Ra could feel the tension in the air as Draco and Sohail looked at one another. He knew that the Medjai would stop at nothing to not be used against his people and most of all his son. Sohail had mentioned it before that he would rather die than be used, but in the end it was truly not his decision to make. Noctis had plans for all the worlds, and it was his duty to follow through with those plans no matter what he had to do. That was his curse.

As the two were speaking Draco mentioned his parents, and that it was his fault for them being in the mess they are in. Well this was only partially true. Though Draco was safer not knowing the truth. Well at least for now.

“Such a touching moment. However, you still need to make your decision Sohail. Will you come with me peacefully ro will you tra and keep to your word? Though you will scar this young man for life if you decide to try and kill yourself.” Ra said as he opened the door to the cell and took a step back. “The decision is yours.”

A mild shock set in for Sohail as Draco spoke, bringing up a valid point that Sohail had not thought of until now. Sohail had been fully prepared to sacrifice himself, but had failed to fully comprehend how such an act could affect his people, especially his family, or how it might likewise affect the innocent Draco. Had recent events not just proven that such drastic measures were not always necessary? Did he not tell his captors mere moments ago how he had witnessed Ardeth overcome every challenge set before him? And most importantly of all, what good would it do for Sohail to sacrifice his own life if his death would only weaken the world’s defenses against the threats to come?

There was only one course of action left, emotional as it may be, but it was necessary nonetheless. First, though, Sohail needed to address Draco one more time, knowing that this may be the last they see of each other.

“You are wiser than you know, Draco Malfoy. I allowed fear to cloud my judgment, but I must accept that my fate is no longer in my own hands.” Sohail said, his voice and composure returning to its usual calm. “I don’t know if we will meet again, but know this. Whatever has happened in the past, you must not keep blaming yourself; there is a fine line between taking responsibility and allowing guilt to block out the good in your soul. The best you can do right now, for your parents and yourself, is to move forward and stay strong. And now I must do the same.”

With that, Sohail stood up and turned to face Ra, making no further attempts to resist whatever the former Medjai’s intentions were.

“As for you…” Sohail said, his voice only slightly raised compared to earlier. “What I said before about Ardeth and our people still stands. If the time has come for me to entrust them with my life, I am prepared to accept that. But no matter what becomes of me, you and your master will never get what you want.”

Ra smiled as he stepped into Sohail’s cell. Walking towards the man that was as proud as he once was. He was now ignoring Draco since he played his part quite well. He reached for the medjais arm to grab a hold of him. His smile never faded from his face as he squeezed the man’s arm.

“You should hold more value in your life. Life is precious, and death is a permanent solution to a problem. You should never throw your life away for any reason.” Ra said as he didn’t elaborate any further. He pulled the sash from his waist and turned Sohail around. Tying his wrists together tightly behind his back and with a knot that would be impossible to undo. Then he turned the man around placing a hand on his shoulder. He then began to speak in ancient egyption so only Sohail would understand what he was saying. ‘May the sun god Ra watch over you.’

After that he opened a portal in the room, and began to walk towards it with his prize in tow. Yet he stopped for a moment before entering the portal. “Keep your wits about you Draco. One day you might need them.” Ra said as he knew that the child would never see this man again, and there were plans for him as well. He might not be destined to lose himself and become a Wraith, but he will be used against his fellow wizards. He took Sohail through the portal and it closed behind him without another word being said.

All however have low experience in Westerns.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Crimson and Spirit Co-op

Although Alexiel was in the realm of sleep, allowing her body time to recover from the curse, she felt a familiar and friendly presence. Although it was a struggle to lift her head up, she smiled slightly, "Ryu-kun, Pegaslick, and Electricorn." They all three looked to their master with concern, Ryu-kun even looked into Alexiel's with sadness in its eyes. Alexiel struggling to pat poor Ryu-kun's head, "Don't worry about me...Ryu-kun." Alexiel's arms feeling like dead weights, it was taking all of her willpower just to move her arms even in the realm of sleep.

Shiva then looked to the young princess that her summoner called, "Big Sister", as much as she wanted to speak her words out loud, it was not a good idea, especially with this echo of Rocial.

'Pardon my mental intrusion, Princess of the Crystal Oasis, but this is best way to speak to you without letting Rocial and the others hear...I need to tell you some things...and I must ask for your help...'

But that's not how the princess felt when it came to Alexiel... She loved her dearly and always will. Even if it meant to stand against Rocial, she wasn't the person Wilhelmina recognized any longer. Though she hoped to get to the bottom of what transpired between Alexiel and Rocial only time will tell...

A sudden cold chill could be felt, but nothing that felt threatening. It quick disrupted her jumbled thoughts. Soon Wilhelmina could hear Shiva's voice in her head.

The young woman mentally nodded in response, 'Not to worry, I understand... I'm not sure if I'm the best person to ask but would do anything in my power to help, Alexiel. What is on your mind, Lady Shiva? How can I help?' Mina asked a bit disheartened considering how useless she felt.

Shiva smiled, 'Please young one, you may call me Shiva, My summoner does.' Shiva then appeared in the unconscious realm of Wilhelmina's Psyche. 'We noticed that you have a magical bow, Lady Elsinore-sama has instructed us to give you something...' appearing in Shiva's hand is an arrow, which looks like it is made of the coldest ice. 'These young princess of Crystal Oasis, are special arrows created from my diamond dust.' Shiva paused, 'My summoner has recently received a new keychain from Lady Elsinore-sama, through the Spirit of this world. However, that Keychain has an ability that may come to harm my summoner. As an Eidolon, I cannot directly harm my summoner. So as someone that is close to her, I ask you use these if my summoner uses that keyblade.'

'Sorry, I have a tendency to be formal. Thank you, Shiva. You can simply call me Wilhelmina or even Mina,' she replied with soft giggle. Taking the arrows into her hands causing cold tingling feeling as the glittering ice arrows melted into her skin.

It formed a ice charm shaped like a diamond on the special made bracelet that was crafted for her. Wilhelmina examined her new charm as the tinkled against one another as she took in what Shiva had said. 'I see... But what exactly am I to do? Shoot at the keyblade? And why was she given a keyblade that can do her harm?' Wilhelmina asked quietly getting worried.

'You are welcome Wilhelmina. It is not something like poison, however; with that being said, The keyblade in question, is known as Valhalla. It is a keyblade with immense strength and defense. It is the ability of Valhalla that should be of concern. It is known as Berserker Rage. It will greatly strengthen my summoner. The downside of this, is will take over my summoner's mind and she'll attack anything.'

'If my summoner's health drops to a critical amount, Berserker Rage will activate. So either my summoner's health must stay high, or she needs to learn to control it. It is known as a passive ability.'

'If my summoner's health is low and Berserker Rage is activated and she loses control, You'll need to use those arrows, and you'll need to hit my summoner directly in her heart. It will not bring harm or hurt her, it will however stop her from continuing using Berserker Rage. The only thing it will do is freeze her in place, while at the same time cast regeneration on her. Do not worry though, I have given you two, and every world here after, you will automatically gain an additional one. That is why only use them if you absolutely must.'

'I understand, that explains why it looks like that on my bracelet... I will be careful with them. My fear is that some of our companions may overrate to this happening and cause harm to her or each other... I don't believe anyone will listen to me if things get bad. How will I be able to protect everyone?' Wilhelmina responded wondering why someone else would be better suited for the task.

'I am sorry that I must give you the task of this.' Shiva's eyes then looked into Wilhelmina's, 'It is why I have chosen you though. I believe in your strength and your ability to get things done; However if the others get angry, then that part will be left to me to explain why they are not capable of completing such a task. You know my summoner just as much as I do. A downside to mortals, they don't like being told everything. However please do not offense to that statement.' Shiva paused, 'Also if I must I can stop everyone else with an Ice Wall.' Shiva smirked slightly to herself.

Meanwhile in Alexiel's mind, Ryu Dragon was trying to bite off the chains that were restraining Alexiel's movements, Alexiel struggling to lift her arm to pat Ryu Dragon's head with her hand, 'Oh, Ryu-kun, it is alright. Please don't overexert yourself.'

Wilhelmina couldn't help but laugh at the thought of Shiva having to use her Ice Wall for those who'd become a problem. 'No need to be sorry, thank you for trusting me to look after her. I know I'm capable of the task, but I hope if needed I will be successful. And I take no offense, not everyone has good intentions and even those that do can do it out of selfishness... We mortals are quite flawed and complicated to say the least.' she replied with small smile and shrugged innocently.

Shiva smiled and nodded, 'You are quite mature for your age, I must say... Sometimes I wish that my summoner was a little selfish...just a little...' Shiva paused and felt that her summoner was in pain, 'My summoner...'

'Thank you, I'm sure I'll have my childish moments. Due to Alexiel's empathetic ability I think it's harder for her to be selfish... Even at the cost of her well being she's inclined to put others first in order to save herself. In a way she doesn't have much of a choice unless she can control it,' Wilhelmina offered then gave Shiva a comforting hug and a smile. 'I think it's time we leave my mind palace, I don't believe we can be of much help in here. But before you leave I want you to know I don't blame Alexiel for my being here. I made my choice to be apart of it and I plan to see it through to the end,' she said with a sigh readying herself for another fight.

Shiva smiled, 'I will not judge you if you have those moments. You are partly correct, My summoner does not have proper control. However we hope in time, she can find a way to block out the emotions of others.'

Shiva returned Wilhelmina's hug and smile, 'Yes, thank you, Wilhelmina, I am glad that I can trust you with this sort of task.' Shiva then patted Wilhelmina's head, 'My summoner knows better, we know it is because of Rocial's words, she tries to break my summoner's spirit. However, I will make sure she is aware of it. I hope that maybe we may talk again. The only other thing I ask, please be there for my summoner if I cannot.'

'Perhaps we can find a way, hopefully soon rather than later. I wish I knew why this was happening, but maybe she'll tell me soon. And of course, talk to me whenever you need. I'll do my best to look out for her,' Wilhelmina replied with a nod.

Shiva nodded, 'Until Next time...Princess Wilhelmina...' Shiva left Wilhelmina's mind and stood close to her summoner, unable to imagine the pain that she's going through. "My Summoner..."
    Spoiler: Sigs 

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

While everyone was waiting for Alexiel to finish with Riku, several of their voices sounded at once, followed by the appearance of a female figure who was apparently Alexiel’s jealous sister or something along those lines, telling them to abandon Alexiel and threatening to do... something (it wasn’t clear exactly what) if they did not.

Ardeth remained silent and barely even acknowledged Rocial’s presence at all, not even bothering to answer her call. For all her taunts and boasting, Rocial’s fear and insecurity with respect to her sister were more than clear, and that coupled with her obnoxious attitude made it impossible for Ardeth to take her seriously. This was yet another delay in their mission, and he glanced over to Undine, silently asking her to just put a stop to these distractions so they could get on with their task.

Luna listened for a moment to the new girl that showed up, but as she did so, the whole speech she gave soon reminded her of a similar moment from the past, and she couldn’t help but bring it up.

“The followers of You-Know-Who tried to do something like this once, during my fourth year at Hogwarts.” Luna mused to no one in particular. “They started all that talk in the Ministry about Harry Potter and Professor Dumbledore conspiring against the Ministry, saying Harry lied about You-Know-Who being back so everyone would abandon him and make him feel cut off, because Harry really was the biggest threat to You-Know-Who and they knew he wouldn’t be much of a threat on his own. The only real difference is that some of You-Know-Who’s supporters really did think they were fighting for something worthwhile, but this...” She alternated glances between Rocial and Alexiel, then casually pointed to Rocial. “Apparently she’s just jealous. Or afraid. Or maybe both.”
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Undine looked at Alexial as she approached them along with her summoned spirit. Shiva seemed to hold a grudge against them yet there was nothing that they had done that would have conceded disrespect to her summoner. As Alexial almost begged for forgiveness for something that was not within her control. Noctis is a cunning being that was far more resourceful than she would ever know.

“Young warrior. This is far from your fault. Noctis is a mage that is capable of hiding his true nature. There was no way you would have been able to tell the difference between him and another normal person.” Undine said as they knew more than anyone what he was capable of. “You shouldn’t blame yourself for that.”

“But, Undine-sama,” Alexiel paused feeling her chest tightened slightly, “Everyone got hurt...almost died… I was too trusting, I was the reason everyone else got hurt.” Hot, bloody tears started to fall, “If it wasn’t for me bringing him to us, if not for CS’ healing magic...everyone else could have been killed prematurely, their blood would be on my hands.”

Shiva placed a comforting hand on Alexiel’s back, “My Summoner, I think this being is trying to say that it is alright. If it wouldn’t be you, it could have been anyone.”

“I know I am too trusting, but I promise I won’t allow anyone else to get hurt, I do not care if I get hurt, I can heal...” Alexiel paused, “However something troubles me...his strength, he could have easily overtaken us, but didn’t. I feel there is more, but I just don’t know what…”

Undine looked at Alexial as she just couldn’t let this go. She believed this was all he faul. They shook their head as she continued to talk, and then said something that there was no way of telling her the answer. Let alone the group.

“Being too trusting is not a bad thing. To trust is not a weakness it is a strength. Unfortunately you are also left open to being used because of this. You must be willing to get hurt inorder to be able to trust. To be willing to do that is a great strength. Noctis is a complex being that only wants the destruction of the Light on his terms. He is willing to do whatever it takes to destroy all of you.” Undine said as they hoped the subject of why Noctis didn’t destroy them right there and then.

Alexiel listened to Undine’s words. Alexiel sensed that there was likely more to it, however Undine-sama was likely under a similar situation as Alexiel is. As Alexiel was forbidden to speak of anything from her world. Not because she didn’t want to, but Lady Elsinore-sama made it forbidden to speak of matters from Spearia. The result would be hearing the worst possible sound in your ears and as a result wouldn’t have even heard what was said.

“I thank you, Undine-sama. Again I am sorry for what happened to everyone. Although I cannot stop being a trusting and caring person, I will try harder to make sure I don’t end up putting others in danger in the future.” Alexiel bowed her head to Undine-sama.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Mover part one

(Mover part one)

Raizel nodded his head at Wilhelmina as she and the others listened to him if only a little. He could sense the strength of the spell, and it was powerful. Yet at the same time it was not a spell that most of them would be able to handle or break. Granted he didn’t specialize in breaking curses, but he was going to try. It was all he could do.

“This curse is powerful, but it is possible to break it.” Was all he said as he watched as Alexial decided to transfer the curse to herself. This would weaken the curse a little, but in the end it would cause her more damage than it did to the young man that the spell was placed upon. Everything that was happening only confirmed that he really didn’t want to get involved, but Alexial was right. He may not trust these people that have been gathered, but in the end there is more to a fight than trust.

Who knew. Maybe he would be able to begin to change, but for now he would do what needed to be done. He walked over to Shiva and gave a slight bow.

“I know that you are protective of your master, but I believe I can help her. So, please don’t interfere.” Raizel said as he kneeled next to the ice coffin and placed his hands upon it. Closing his eyes he first concentrated on a fire spell that would eliminate the ice prison. There was no way to heal the body while the curse was still in effect.

Once the ice coffin shattered now he was able to reach Alexal. He placed his hand on the young lady as he closed his eyes. Concentrating on the curse that took the form of black chains around the young lady's body. The Darkness was strong and as he connected with the spell The Darkness invaded his senses. It felt like the spell was going to swallow him whole. Yet he persevered and dove deeper into the curse.

Then suddenly his eyes opened and the curse that was affecting Alexel was broken. Yet Raizel had no idea how he actually broke the spell. However, he didn’t say a word on the matter, he just stood up and walked away. That is when he heard a voice in his head about not trusting people and especially the woman he helped. He agreed with the first half of the voice, but he wouldn’t not trust one person more than another.

Shiva looked on as Raziel worked to free her summoner, she sensed his power and respected him for his strength. “Thank you, Raziel-dono. For helping my summoner.” Shiva simply said. Alexiel opened her eyes slightly, realizing she was no longer in the realm of sleep, but back with everyone else. “Raziel-san, I know you didn’t have to, but thank you for helping me.” Alexiel said with a smile across her face.

“Don;t worry about it.” Was all he said in response to them thanking him. Then the source of the voice that was in his head appeared and he just kept his mouth shut. He was not going to fan the flames anymore than they have already been. He didn’t care if this woman wanted to attack him or use him. He will fight back no matter her choices.

Rocial then noticed that Ardeth remained silent. “Oh, so it appears the Arabian has no words to say? Considering what he is, the man should be more than willing to speak up and say that she’s nothing more than a hindrance. Or does he want to do something else, something that someone like him is too familiar with?” Rocial’s eyes slanted slightly, “For example, why not do what your people are good at doing, taking innocent blood.”

Luna alternated glances between Rocial and Alexiel, then casually pointed to Rocial. “Apparently she’s just jealous. Or afraid. Or maybe both.”

Rocial laughed at Luna’s attempt of taunting her, “Listen foolish witch, one who cannot even say the name, ‘Voldemort.’” Rocial said the name in a mocking tone. “I can assure you of two things, first of all, I am not afraid of my sister…” Rocial looked to Alexiel, “Nor am I jealous....The only thing I am is tired of my sister, always getting in the way...All I truly want...hmm...no none of you deserve to know. Alexiel already knows.”

Rocial had a smirk across her face, “So, no one else among you will make a choice? What holds back your tongues? What are most of you, blind pigs that will go to the slaughter? You have a chance to be rid of an enemy, by sacrificing a comrade and you do not take it?” Rocial then took a few steps forward, “She means nothing to any of you...even though she has tried to do nothing but help, and you still won’t deny her and return her home. However, at least some of you are not blind followers.” Rocial’s eyes darkened, “Especially you…” she looked to Raziel, “You who keep many secrets...I can see into the darkness of your heart, when your time comes, your darkness will be especially delicious...and provide me with great power..”

Raizel looked at the woman that confronted him and spoke of him keeping secrets and having darkness within himself. Secrets we're nothing new to him. He had many, but what secret is she talking about he wondered. As for darkness he didn't believe that he had so much darkness that this woman was thrilled about it.

"Everyone has secrets they don't wish to share with others. As for darkness I don't believe a word you speak. I have little power to control the darkness. So, in my world that means I am not aligned with that element. I will not be intimidated by someone like you. You may say only one person can kill you, but you would be surprised what you can live through. Don't push your luck." Raizel said in a neutral tone as he just stared at Rocial.

Rocial then had to giggle a little, “Oh, dear warlock...I don’t think you have any idea of what I am talking about…” She paused and then continued, “I am talking about the evils that you have committed. The darkness in your heart. It is inside. When it is your turn, I will enjoy it. I can tell your darkness will be exciting.” When she heard Raziel speaking about what you can live through, “Oh, my dear warlock, if you could only imagine what we have lived through…”

Alexiel couldn’t stand it any longer, “That’s enough, Rocial!” Alexiel stood between Raziel and Rocial, “I will not allow you to hurt Raziel-san or anyone else here. I don’t know about

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vanigx spotted what exactly was going before calling Dark Bahamut as the dragon got in front of Alexiel and roared like a wild beast at Rocial before growling as he stared at her before Vanigx stood behind Bahamut and held Alexiel close. I’m sorry that I failed to protect you, but I’ll make sure to help no matter what. You can count on me.” He then readied his keyblade in an attempt to intimidate Rocial while remaining steadfast with resolve due to knowing that light was shining bright in his heart no matter his past.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast