Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC] Kingdom Hearts :: Shattered Remains [PG-13]

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Default Celeste/Crimson Co-op

More and more shadows emerged. For each one slain, another arrived to take its place. Every Keyblade wielder here was fighting with all they had, but would it be enough in the end?

Every muscle in Ardeth’s body ached, protesting against the strain of this ongoing battle. Only adrenaline and sheer willpower continued to fuel him now as he slashed at the Heartless nearby. Seeing a clear shot at one incoming group of Heartless, Ardeth threw his Keyblade at them; the blade spun at them through the air and cut down as many as it could, then vanished and reappeared in Ardeth’s hand before it could drop to the ground.

Luna eventually had to change her original strategy. Apparition and the Patronus Charm were two of the most difficult spells to pull off properly, and it became less and less practical for Luna to use both spells repeatedly without any potentially disastrous mistakes. Instead, she took to casting a more diverse range of spells to support the efforts of the others. A Shield Charm here to deflect an attack, a Bird-Conjuring Charm there to serve as a quick distraction, and so on, as the situation demanded.

Then came the Behemoths. Ardeth took notice of them as their energy blasts were about to launch, and he immediately ran for the nearest of his allies, who happened to be Wilhelmina.

“Get down!” Ardeth warned everyone within earshot, positioning himself between Mina and the beasts as he moved to push them both down.

Luna, for her part, did not seem quite as concerned initially, eyeing the new Heartless with more visible curiosity.

“Those yelloweyes aren’t like the others.” Luna said almost casually, walking between Ardeth and the Behemoths. “Their markings are different.”

Despite seemingly not paying attention, however, Luna swiftly conjured a Shield Charm to block the incoming dark energy wave. The shield wouldn’t hold indefinitely, especially not against such a powerful dark spell, but it would give the others more time to take action.

As the fight raged on the never ending wave of shadows Wilhelmina did her best to keep fighting using a mix of magic and her keyblade. She was slowly losing track of her breathing, so she took a moment defending herself in with the use of her keyblade when Mina looked above her to see Alexiel being struck and landing towards the bell, "No... A-A-Alexiel... Alexiel!!" Wilhelmina cried out dropping her guard eyes fixed but she couldn't move the shock.

A hue of blue magic energy swirled around her feeling heavy causing the cobblestone ground around to crack a scream stuck inside of her, but instead she yelped in pain as a couple of heartless dug their claws into back and one of her legs. "Grrr... FIRA!!!" she growled outstretching her hand to destroy the creatures then kneeled on the ground in pain muttering a healing spell, but it did very little to help her.

Standing up against the pain of her now scarlet injuries. Feeling a hot stinging sensation distracting her from putting up a good fight, she was now restricted to focusing on a few defensive attacks with rigid movements of her keyblade. Suddenly came greater shadows than the ones they have fought so far, her eyes widened as she instinctively backed away until she heard Ardeth's voice as he pulled her down alongside him. Unable to brace herself a small cry came from her as she went down scraping at the scratches. "Ardeth! Luna! Be careful," she warned of fear of losing anyone else her worries turned to Alexiel as she felt a wave of magic rush towards them.

Luna didn't look back from her position, still holding up her Shield Charm as the energy blast began to roll off of it. This was easier than she had honestly expected it to be, and so her usual composure didn't waver in the slightest, though now she was clearly much more focused and serious than she had previously seemed to be.

"There's a bottle of Wiggenweld Potion in my robe pocket; take it." Luna said firmly, maintaining her stance and slowly expanding it as much as she could. She then quickly added, "It's the green bottle. It'll help with your wounds."

Ardeth got up first and quickly searched through Luna's robe, which blew outward from the force of the colliding magical energies. Finding the green bottle in question, Ardeth took it out and ran back to Wilhelmina with it, handing the bottle to her.

Wilhelmina shook her head firmly in response, "I believe we should save it for some in greater need of healing instead of myself. I just need to get my strength back and I'll be able to heal myself," she replied softly then produced a small green light in her hand then placed it on her back. Mina winced a bit in response though not fully healed she gained a bit more mobility.

"Thank you both. If you don't mind giving me a hand, I'd appreciate it," Wilhelmina said with a small smile at Ardeth as she got up extending her hand to his for a little help getting up.

“How long do you think you’ll need?” Ardeth asked as he helped Wilhelmina to her feet, holding onto the potion bottle until after the dark energy blast subsided. Luna dropped her Shield Charm and retrieved the still-unused potion from Ardeth, who stayed close by along with Luna to fend off the Heartless while Wilhelmina recovered.

It would not count for much, however, as Noctis unleashed his next attack.

"The requerium of darkness shall be their final symphony."

And just like that, it was over. Ardeth instinctively covered his ears, but it had no effect at all, and within seconds it felt as though he was being torn limb from limb. Luna felt it as well, and it took all of her energy to focus on the wizard behind the attack, perform the correct wand movement, and say the incantation over the horrible sound.

“Silencio!”

Getting this kind of spell wrong was sure to make the sound even worse, but even though Luna was certain she had cast it exactly the right way, it seemed to have no effect at all, and the spell tore at her just as much as it did the others.

"I should be fine for now until we're safe, but I must find Alexiel... I haven't seen her return yet and I'm worried," Wilhelmina replied with a thankful nod rising to her feet as Ardeth helped her up, but her eyes still filled with concern for both Alexiel and her comrades.

Before she could make up her mind Noctis unleashed his next attack upon everyone near and far. Wilhelmina wondered if what she heard was ancient song magic that people have whispered about considering how dangerous it could be, as her thoughts stalled her for a moment Mina suddenly clutched her hands over her eyes as she doubled over in pain gritting her teeth to keep from screaming. This pain was unlike anything she had ever felt before, causing bloody tears to stream down her eyes.

It took all of Ardeth’s willpower to refocus his mind, to break out of the mindless haze of pain that threatened to overtake his senses. He tried to crawl toward Luna and Wilhelmina, his entire body protesting every inch of movement, and saw Wilhelmina also barely keeping herself together. Luna was doing no better by now, convulsing and coughing up blood, and Ardeth could also feel a trickle of blood drip from his nose.

The heartless all around them had stopped attacking, merely watching as they all clung to life by an ever-shrinking thread. How much longer would this last? Would any of them even survive it?

Luna seemed to remember her healing potion, her shaking hands trying to sift through her robes for it, but she could not quite make it and passed out.

“This way.” Ardeth barely managed to call to Wilhelmina, ushering her toward Luna. Their only chance of any of them surviving, let alone stopping this evil like they’d been called to do, was to work together.

As the pain ravaged her body and other senses like waves beating down upon her the desire to allow herself to pass out grew. Her eyes lazily grazed around her surroundings seeing Luna and Ardeth were both struggling like herself and the shadowy heartless shifting around them not attacking anyone. Wilhelmina wondered if they enjoyed watching them struggle like watching a light be snuffed out before the darkest night takes over.

Soon her eyes returned to her companions, but it seemed Luna had stopped moving and Ardeth calling to her to crawl closer together. "O-Okay...," Wilhelmina replied with a ragged breath summoning what strength she had left as she sluggishly crawled toward the pair.

Focusing all her strength and thoughts on just crawling to ignore the pain but her consciousness was wavering, but she managed to reach out to Luna and Ardeth touching each of their hands, "Made it...," she said weakly, feeling hazy as the pain worked through her effortlessly, causing her to cough as blood trickled from her mouth before passing out.

First Luna, now Wilhelmina, and Ardeth realized he would soon follow. Finding the green potion right where it had been before, Ardeth then had to figure out what to do with it. Neither Luna nor Wilhelmina could be confidently given anything to drink in their current conditions, so Ardeth would have to try something different and hope that it worked. If this failed, he would have wasted Luna’s potion for nothing, but the situation now warranted the risk.

First, he shakily poured a third of the potion each over Luna and Wilhelmina, and could only hope that whatever magical properties it possessed would still work. With his last ounce of energy, he then quickly downed the last of it himself, and could feel its effects working to some extent. Nevertheless, this torturous song was powerful indeed, and he barely managed to swallow the potion and keep it down before he passed out as well.

Unbeknownst to any of them, the one called Undine arrived soon afterward, ending Noctis’ attack.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All however have low experience in Westerns.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

As Alexiel was in the realm of unconsciousness she felt the pain of everyone else. They were hurting, and she couldn’t anything about it right now. However, something that Umbra/Noctis said to her…partly did not surprise her; however, it told her that he thought he knew something that she didn’t. She would keep this in mind. Because Umbra/Noctis didn’t know is that she already knew quite a bit about Lady Elsinore.

“…Even your Lady Elsinore is the same way. Forsaking the Darkness for the Light…”
    ‘If only he knew a complete truth…’ Alexiel thought to herself. She then by his other statement to her…she figured that it was pointless…but she would be damned if she wouldn’t try.

“You say the lack of knowing more worlds is what leads one to not understanding the light, or the darkness? Such an idealistic point of view…”
    ‘Idealistic maybe…however, it has truth…something that he has not gained…no matter how long he has lived.' Alexiel told herself.

"Alexiel! Please wake up!" When she did open her eyes, she felt lighter than usual. When she turned her head, she saw that she was, her body was a few feet away.

Forgive us…We had no choice but to put your body into a status of between life and death…and pull out your soul.” The Spirit of Traverse Town spoke to her.

“Thank you for watching over me…Spirit of Traverse Town…” Alexiel then paused, “Forgive my boldness Spirit of Traverse Town…but would you allow me to give you a nickname?”

The Spirit of Traverse Town blinked their eyes a few times and then held a small smile. “It would honor us if you want to; however please know that you do not have to.

Alexiel then sat on her knees getting out of The Spirit of Traverse Town’s lap. “It would honor me to…I was thinking of calling you Titi. What do you think Titi?”

Titi thought about for a moment and smiled, “Yes, we like that name. You may call us Titi. It feels nice to have a nickname.

Alexiel smiled sweetly. “Well, then Titi…” Alexiel then stood up and extended her right hand, “Will you form a bond with my soul?”

Titi then stood as well and extended their hand to Alexiel, “We would be honored, Alexiel Hikari…

Their hands intertwined with one another, and from the both of them, an intense light shined from both of them, “Titi…you will never be alone again.” Alexiel told Titi. “Not only by our bond, but you are connected back to Spearia.”

As the light dimmed and then stopped, Alexiel’s right hand felt extra warm almost too hot, but on her body, an unseen mark appeared on her right hand, within the tattoo.

You have made us happy Alexiel. We do not feel so alone now.” Titi told her. “After you reconnected us…we talked to Lady Elsinore…and she told us to tell you a few things.” Titi said.

Alexiel then felt slightly embarrassed. “Hopefully it is some good news.”

Titi smiled, “It is nothing bad we promise. Lady Elsinore said that you rushed out too quickly that she forgot to give you something before coming here," Titi held out their hand and then appeared a keychain that looked like a Viking helmet, “She told me to give you this…and to explain…This is known as Valhalla. It will change your keyblade’s form. Its strength and defense are nearly unmatched, but it does fall short in the magic department.” Titi paused and then continued, “However something important to keep in mind is Valhalla’s ability. It is known as Berserker Rage. It will greatly increase your strength…however there is a cost to this…use it for too long and you will start attacking everything around you, no matter if they are an ally or enemy.

Alexiel then nodded, “Lady Elsinore must believe that I can master the ability. It will be hard work that is for sure.”

Titi added, “The last thing she told us to tell you, you should wait to use the ability. The keyblade itself is fine to use, but be wary before using its ability.

Alexiel nodded again, ‘Thank you for your concern, Lady Elsinore.’ “Lady Elsinore is always looking out for me, even if she is not here…” she then extended her hand and took the keychain, Valhalla, “Thank you Titi and if you see Lady Elsinore again…will you give my thanks to her on my behalf?”

Titi nodded, “Of course we will Alexiel. May we ask you something?, Alexiel nodded, “Why do you not tell the others about what you are?

Alexiel rubbed the back of her head, although it was just her soul, “Well Titi…the truth is quite complicated and also I must respect the laws of my world. Along with the fact that even though Lady Elsinore-sama is a keyblade master and has taught me all that I know…and even just named me a keyblade master…these worlds do not know of her…and I sort of agree with her… no one knows of her…no one would take me being a keyblade master seriously. I still have so much to learn.” Alexiel then stopped herself, “Forgive me Titi…I didn’t mean to talk your ears off.”

Titi shook their head no, “Please do not apologize Alexiel-san.

“Now Titi…just Alexiel is fine. I don’t want you to change because of what you know. Besides, I’ll never be a complete master…for masters never stop learning.” Alexiel smiled.

Suddenly Alexiel and Titi heard the sounds of the Dream Eaters, but they were not Ryu Dragon, Pegaslick, or Eletricorn. “I haven’t seen you two before, for whom do you belong to?” Alexiel asked them. They were a Meow Wow and a Komory Bat.

“May I forge a bond with you, but not as your keeper, but a friend?” Alexiel asked. They both nodded.

“Thank you…both of you…” Alexiel extended her hands and placed them over their Dream Eater emblems and closed her eyes. They all had a soft glow to them, and then it stopped. “So you Komory Bat serve and belong to the one named Riku, and you Meow Wow belong and serve the one named Sora?” Alexiel asked them. To which both of them nodded, but then Meow Wow held a sad expression on its face. Alexiel felt a few hot tears fall down her face, she felt the Meow Wow’s sadness, “Please Meow Wow…do not be sad…” She then placed a friendly hand on Meow Wow’s head.

She then felt something that caused her pain, she clutched her head, “AAAAHHHH...he’s in pain…Sora…it feels even worse than before. I felt it when Umbra opened that dark portal, or his name is Noctis. I am not sure…You poor thing are you trying your best to help Sora…but are having a hard time?” Sora’s Meow Wow nodded sadly.

“Come here Meow Wow…” Alexiel motioned for the Meow Wow to come closer which it did, “I promise I’m ok…it just surprised me, it won’t again.” Alexiel then returned her hand to Meow Wow’s head, with a small smile across her face, “I give you my word Meow Wow…I will do everything within my power to save him…I hope that sentiment is good enough for now. I wish I could do it now…I am afraid that I must admit that I am not strong enough to do so. I hope you can understand and forgive me for such things.”

The Meow Wow nodded its head. It could sense Alexiel’s genuine determination and made solemn but happy noises. Alexiel could still feel and sense Sora fighting the darkness for in Titi’s sphere they were closer to the darkness. She thought to herself, ‘Sora…Don’t give in to the darkness…

Alexiel then was quickly hit with the pain that everyone was feeling all at once. It caused her physical body to cough up blood. She then fell to her knees. ‘Everyone…gods it is so painful…wait…’ She remembered that Lady Elsinore mentioned a type of spell casting… ‘Spells via songs…an early form of magic…however not many could pull it off properly.

“You are correct young one…you seem very knowledgeable.” A woman appeared in a dark blue short kimono and wearing a long light blue skirt that went passed her feet. She also was wearing a mystical, blue veil to hide her face except for her eyes, which held no iris or pupil pigmentation. “Things of that nature have been lost to many worlds and their ages, they end up becoming legends or myths. Tell me, what is one such as yourself doing in this world?”

“I and others were summoned by the forces of light. From what Kairi told me, someone needs to be stopped and another warrior of light needs to be saved. Komory Bat then flew happily in front of Alexiel’s face and then decided to lay on Alexiel’s head. ‘Why do certain Dream Eaters like to lay on my head?’ Alexiel thought to herself.

Alexiel then bowed slightly, “Forgive my rudeness, I am Alexiel Hikari.”

The newly appeared woman softly giggled. “The Dream Eaters seem to like you, Alexiel. I wish I could tell you my name; however it has been so long, I have forgotten my name. If you wish to call me a name, then feel free to call me CS.”

Titi then interjected, “You said the name Kairi…we know that she is a princess of heart.

Alexiel felt herself wrapping her ghostly arms around herself, was that partly the feeling that she sensed from Kairi. ‘Oh, I should have known that…

CS then smiled, although hidden by her blue veil, “It is alright young one, you know now so that is the most important thing.”

Alexiel then once again felt everyone’s pain; however this time what was going outside Titi’s sphere was reflected and she saw that Ardeth, Raziel, Luna, Vanigx, Kairi, Goofy, Big Sister Wilhelmina…they took a royal beating, to say the least. More tears started to fall, “Everyone…I need to help them…” Alexiel spoke to herself.

“Unfortunately young Alexiel…you first need to return from this sphere.” CS told her.

Alexiel turned to Titi…and had a sad smile plastered on her face along with more tears falling, “Forgive me Titi…I cannot stay…I need to help them…” Alexiel then approached Titi and hugged them, “However, please remember you are no longer alone.” Alexiel paused and then smiled, “Maybe sometime Titi…if you visit Spearia, We can talk more.”

Titi smiled, “Yes, we would enjoy that very much…Alexiel.

Alexiel nodded, “Well then, until next time we see each other May the winds of fate guide your heart, and may your heart be your guiding key.”

Titi smiled, “The same to you, Alexiel.

Alexiel then approached her body and then felt herself be drawn back into it. She then found that she needed to once again maintain her breathing; however, she felt her body being lifted, by what she presumed was wind magic.

“I am aware young one, you have taken quite a beating yourself and you still have a terrible poison and your ribs are completely obliterated. I will heal you after we return to your allies.” CS told Alexiel.

She shook her head, “Heal…” she took a steady breath, “Others…first.”

CS then shook her head, “If that is what you want young one…then I will fulfill your request. I will warn you, the healing process for you will likely be quite painful. If you wish to tell me without breathing, I am telepathic.”

I understand CS. I accept whatever it takes, only after the others are ok.’ Alexiel spoke through her thoughts.

CS than just simply nodded.

Kairi and Goofy were working together as best they could, “Goofy, Did Sora ever disappear when reconnecting the world by unlocking the keyhole?”

Goofy shook his head, “Golly Kairi, not that I have ever noticed.”

However before they could discuss anything further to what just happened with Alexiel, they heard from Noctis say, “The melody that is played on the strings of my Soul. Bringing the sound of pain to the hearts of the unworthy. The requiem of darkness shall be their final symphony."

Kairi thought to herself, ‘what’s he doing?!’ Goofy then stood in front of Kairi, “Gosh, Kairi I don’t know what he’s going to do, but cover your ears.” Goofy would do his best to protect Kairi; however, the force of Noctis’ attack send then both not only flying backward but was causing great pain to each of them. However, Goofy grabbed Kairi’s hand and used his own body to make sure that she wouldn’t get hurt.
    When both of them made contact with the wall, Kairi then called out, “Goofy! Thank you…but are you ok?”

Goofy rubbed the back of his head, “Gosh, thanks for your concern Kairi, but I have been dealt worse blows, but my body does seem to ache a little.”

Kairi nodded, “I feel the same Goofy…” Her body was in quite a bit of pain, she then touched her face, and noticed that her nose had a small trickling of blood. She did her best to hide this from the others. ‘Oh, I bet Riku would have a field day…I wish you were here…I need your strength.

Kairi then saw Undine and heard her speak along with the added fact that they would need to wait for someone to return, “Undine! It is good to see you again…” Kairi paused, knowing she would have to ask, but possibly afraid if the answer was not a good one. “Do you know if Riku is alright?”

Meanwhile, CS, while holding Alexiel’s body, had a soft glow of light around her. Leaving Titi to her sphere of Traverse Town, CS then appeared above the fountain of the second district. “Once more little one, are you sure of what you want?” She asked Alexiel.

“Please…,” she took in a small breath, “Help…them…first,” she paused, “Please.” She still had to control her breathing.

CS then simply nodded, “Ok then young one, I will make it so.” She then using wind magic lifted Alexiel into the air slightly, “It will only take a moment, but you should ease your breathing.” She then had Alexiel floating in the air, her arms extended out from her body, and her feet close together, in a T form, floating in the air. Alexiel took as small breaths as possible, her lips looking an even more dangerous looking blue than from before, tears of blood still falling from her eyes, bloodstains mixing into her hair, especially in the back, near where her skull was busted open.

CS then casts a barrier that no force among them could break, to protect Alexiel from anyone trying to grab her before she would be healed. CS then summoned her staff, colored in various hues of blue. CS then summoned blue petal cherry blossoms, they floating around her, slowly more appearing. She then started to softly sing, if they could hear or not was completely up to them. Her voice slowly becoming louder and in doing so, more blue cherry blossom petals appeared and were floating towards everyone that had been injured by Noctis’ song.

“Children of the light
    Don't give up the fight.

Free your heart of sorrow
    So you can fight for tomorrow

Children of the Light
    Hold on tight

You will soon right the wrong
    Even if you do not hear this song.”

As CS’s voice was getting louder, even more petals appeared, and then she stuck her staff against the ground, thereby growing a cherry blossom tree with blue petals. The petals that were landing on the warriors were merging into their skin, undoing what Noctis’ attack had done to them. CS’s voice now becoming clear that all of them could hear, the words acting as a lullaby, the words sounding peaceful, calming, and soothing.

Kairi and Goofy were trying to get to the others when hearing the song, it was like being refreshed from rest and taking a small time away from the fighting. “Come on Goofy, we should get to the others…”
    Last edited by SpiritofDestiny; 05-01-2020 at 04:57 AM.
    Spoiler: Sigs 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vanigx sensed Alexiel’s presence again close by while hearing the song and looked over to his comrades before nodding and ran off to go fetch Alexiel despite worrying about her so much yet he couldn’t explain to himself why that was the case for a man trapped by his past in darkness. “Alexiel! Can you hear me? I’m coming to bring you back to our comrades. I’m really worried about you.”

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As the warriors were recovering from the spell that was cast on them and they waited for the last of their party to arrive, Udine just looked at the warriors that had been chosen to fight for the light. They were inexperienced in the type of battle that was going to be taking place yet at the same time they were all warriors that knew what it was like to fight. Well all but a couple were seasoned fighters that had spent years training and actually fighting. It made no sense to them why their warriors were unable to actually fight the numbers that Noctus had summoned.

Most of these warriors had faced worse threats than this in their home worlds with greater numbers. So why? Other than the fact that most of them have never fought in a group before and had to coordinate their actions it shouldn’t have been such a one sided fight. Two of the warriors were still unconscious from the attack, another was still conscious, but he probably wouldn't have been able to hear what they had said. The only warrior that seemed to be fine was Vangix, but he seemed more interested in other things than the current situation.

Kairi and Goofy were worse for where as well. Yet their spirits were high, though Kairi tried to hide the fact that she was injured as well. None escaped Noctis' wrath in this fight. They were lucky to have survived. If they didn’t interfere then all would have been lost, yet at the same time Undine broke the rules that govern them yet again.

Looking at the young warrior they smiled as they shook their head. “We are unaware of what has befallen Master Riku. He was within the corridor of light, and then something pulled him out of the light. We know not where he was pulled to nor if the young Master is okay. All we know is that we are unaware of his fate.”

As Undine finished their answer a familiar presence faded into the world along with their missing warrior. The others might not be able to hear or see her, but that was not the case for Undine. The only question they had was why she decided to intervene? Well it didn’t matter. The woman healed the warriors around them, and was taking care of Alexiel as well. The latter looked like she took a beating.

Everything ended up a mess. This was not how Undine had planned the children starting their mission together. Noctis almost killed them before they could even get started. However, Undine felt like they had walked right into Noctis’ plan. He forced them to come but why? What was he planning by making them do such an act? Questions that they will not know the answers to.

Giving a long sigh they looked to the warriors that were now healed thanks to the women of light. Yet before any of them could speak Undine cleared their through and began to speak.

“We are disappointed in all of you. Each of you know how to fight, yet Noctis not only made fools of you he almost killed you. All because you were unable to work together, and let other things blind you to the seriousness of the situation at hand.” Undine said as they just shook their head and then looked at each of them. Not one of them thought about the outcome of this battle. They fought for their own selfish reasons. Not to win but for something else. Their attention fell on one warrior at a time as they asked them a question.

“Vanigx warrior of the dragon You seem to think you are filled with darkness. Why do you let that one though run all of your actions? Do you truly think that a keyblade of light would choose a master that is filled with darkness? You need to look past your own doubts and see the truth. Only then will you be able to get past your faults” Undine said as they then looked to Wilhelmina.

“Child of the kingdom of Crystal Oasis. Born with a destiny like her mother before her. Yet you have no real experience in battle. So, you left the group to help another with a personal fight, and only after time did you return to the task at hand. You have a lot to learn before being able to actually assume the throne, let alone save your family from the darkness. You must look within to see what you are missing.” Undine immediately looked to Luna next.

“Witch of the Raven. Choosend for your brilliance and light. Yet you hold yourself back from reaching your full potential.You never let your emotions show. Being calm is a gift all its own, but being calm at all times is not good either. You don’t let your anger show, and by the time you do it can become too late. Sometimes emotions other than being calm are necessary to winning a fight. You must find equal ground when it comes to your emotions.” Undine said as their attention then went to Ardeth.

“Leader of the Medjai, a warrior that has fought many battles, and led many to war. You are experienced in battle, yet the power of your keyblade still eludes you. It is more than just a weapon, it is an extension of the light that exists within you. Trust the weapon, and it will reveal the truth to you. Experience is not the only thing you must master.” Undine said as they then looked to Alinara.

“Warrior of darkness that is seeking nothing more than balance. That is a noble cause, but is it truly the only thing that you seek? If it is then you might fall short of the destiny that has been laid before you. Your father is important, and he gave you a mission. You should follow your heart, and learn to work with your companions,” Undine then looked at Raizel.

“Raizel, mage of the moon. So strong are you in your magic, yet you abandon the light that chose you to fight. The blade is key to this battle, and if you don’t use it then you will not be able to fight till the end. Your true power has yet to suffice.” Undine said as they finally reached Alexiel.

“Child of the unknown you are a special child that has been chosen by Lady Elsinore to be far more than a normal person. You should now better than to let your emotions get the better of you. If you can't control your own emotions how do you plan to keep others from affecting you? Your sister knows this and will use it against you time and time again.” Undine said as they looked to each of the warriors once more. They doubted they would be able to understand their words but one day they would.

“A question for each of you. Why do you fight?”

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vanigx stood still upon hearing the question and sighed. “Undine, wherever you are. Here is your answer. I fight not to only protect the people I love, but I also fight to protect all the worlds and atone for my sins. I also fight to stop the darkness.”
    Last edited by DracoDeathtalon; 05-15-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wilhelmina awoke with hazy vision that slowly began to clear as she felt another entity heal her and the others. The gentle song had put her to ease while making her feel better than ever. She began dusting herself off as she rose from her spot while her keyblade appeared back into her hand though its aura was different from what the young woman could remember, not to mention a lot was going on at once with many more questions. She was relieved that everyone was slowly being revived much like herself.

Before anyone could udder a word it seemed the one that called had a lot to say about their 'poor performance' though to expect perfect strangers to all work together perfectly well together was maddening to ask. She couldn't help feeling bewildered and frustrated, but keep her jaw clenched shut as her hand tightened her grip on her keyblade feeling like scolded child. This did not fair well for believing in the person who called everyone to fight and not knowing the reason why they are even here. Soon the keyblade shattered into light fragment as it disappeared hearing what Undine had to say to each of them. Should she feel bad for help Alexiel when it felt like she needed her? Would she fail to save her family or become a good ruler like her mother? Was all that training for nothing?

The thoughts slowly began to overwhelm her feeling like a failure when she was truly trying to do her best. A few tears mixed with anger and sadness slid down her face unable to answer Undine's question that she posed to everyone. She stood ever so still looking at the cobblestone floor where she was just laying not too long ago. It wasn't until Vanigx spoke that it snapped her out of her thoughts. He answered to easily and without hesitation which surprised and impressed her at the same time.

"I fight to protect my home, the people I care for, and to keep the worlds from being consumed from darkness," Wilhelmina said refueling her own resolve she knew she wasn't perfect and it was a long road before she'd become queen, but staying on everyone's side and saving the worlds from darkness would be a good start.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Ardeth stood up straight as Undine's disappointment in them was made clear. Difficult as it may have been to hear, there was no denying that this had been a crushing defeat. Ardeth, and presumably all of the others here, had been told they were to attend to a higher purpose, but thus far they had failed despite all of their best efforts, having only survived because Undine had intervened. This must not happen again. It would not happen again. Ardeth would make sure of that, one way or another, and so he listened just as much to the others' critiques as to his own. He fully expected worse from his own critique, but what Undine said about the Keyblade being an extension of his own light prompted Ardeth to look down at his Keyblade. The Keyblade had unique magical properties; that much Ardeth already knew, but now Undine revealed a bit more about how to use it to its full potential, and that would surely warrant further investigation.

Luna listened intently to Undine’s words as well, but did not seem hurt or upset in any way; if anything, she was rather intrigued by the challenges that Undine was setting forth for each of them. She had some idea of what Undine was referring to regarding her emotions, thinking back to her Hogwarts days and especially the days prior to her involvement in the war. For now she did not respond to Undine’s critique or question, having allowed herself a moment to fully reflect on them both. But then Vanigx spoke up, and his answer to Undine’s question was very short, but Luna noticed something about his answer and couldn’t help but speak up about it.

“You weren’t listening at all.” Luna said rather bluntly to Vanigx, but with a keen fascination rather than with any of the annoyance that one might expect in such a remark. “You were just told to stop doubting yourself so much, and then you go doubting yourself again. And you were told to stop assuming you’re full of darkness and obsessing over atonement, but then you do exactly that.” She said nothing more for now, passing no judgment of her own either way.

Ardeth had been listening to all of the answers, and had to agree that Vanigx’s answer seemed to completely ignore what Undine had just warned him about. To feel remorse for one’s sins was perfectly natural, that much Ardeth could personally understand, but to obsess over them so much as to ignore the warnings of others was not normal at all, and could make Vanigx’s obsession a potential liability. There would need to be a serious discussion about this later, but at least the fact that Vanigx was still willing to move forward meant that he was not beyond hope.

Then Wilhelmina answered the question next. Her answer was simple enough, but her reaction to Undine’s warning, well-hidden as it was, seemed to slip very close to the other extreme, leading her to take this failure very personally and harbor serious doubts as to whether or not she could accomplish what was asked of her. That was not good either, but that she also found the resolve to move on from this battle was a good sign.

Meanwhile, having just spoken up, Luna took the opportunity to answer Undine’s question, even now still pondering the answer herself.

“I’d never thought much of the fighting itself. For me it’s always been about my friends.” Luna said first. “We’d lived through some dark times when You-Know-Who was around, and my friends all got dragged into it in one way or another, so I was just doing what I could to help them. Now it’s much like before, only now there’s much more involved than just You-Know-Who, so I’ll do what needs to be done. I do hope Harry’s still alright though.”

As the time came for Ardeth to answer next, he became a bit more solemn, as to answer that question would require him to revisit the past once more.

“When my father and I were attacked, our attacker boasted of an evil more powerful than the creature our people have opposed for more than 3,000 years. And then you came to me and spoke of a higher mission, and I knew that mission was to battle that same evil.” Ardeth said soberly. “To refuse that call was never an option. I know the price of failure all too well.”

On that note, Ardeth returned his focus to Undine's critique of him.

"What do you mean by this sword being an extension of my light?" Ardeth asked. "All I know of it is that no other sword can truly destroy the shadows we've been facing."
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 05-25-2020 at 05:06 AM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

All however have low experience in Westerns.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Thanks to CrimsonLady180 for her help as always! :)

“We are unaware of what has befallen Master Riku. He was within the corridor of light, and then something pulled him out of the light. We know not where he was pulled to nor if the young Master is okay. All we know is that we are unaware of his fate.”
    Kairi internally sighed, she figured that Undine may say that. "Thank you, Undine..." She then slightly bowed her head.

Meanwhile, CS looked on, figuring that most of them couldn't see her; however she pondered, 'We wonder if that woman in appearance can see us,' CS paused, 'Damn...that was a little harsh...'.

Alexiel meanwhile if Undine had the intention of radiating anger she did not know; however she felt it radiate from the powerful being...it forced to finally after being assaulted by everyone else's emotions, it caused her to vomit, although they were more like dry heaves because Alexiel had not eaten recently.

CS looked to Alexiel sadly and then talking to Undine, "Oi! keep your emotions in check...If she gets even sicker, it will take us longer to heal her. And in case you didn't know, this one is empathic..." she pointed to Alexiel, "Even if you don't mean to or don't think you're incapable, she can feel the emotions behind your words." CS felt that she wouldn't be able to convey the complete issues of this. She then lowered Alexiel, walking over to her, and softly rubbed her back, "Poor young one...it will be alright. Let it all out."

She then saw that Vanigx was trying to approach Alexiel, not knowing that if Vangix could even see her not was of no consequence at this particular moment. "You are an interesting mortal for sure, but we cannot have you interfering with Alexiel's healing."

'Don't hurt him...please.' Alexiel telepathically told CS. CS simply nodded.

"Child of the light
    You must stay out of sight

So that we may put things right
    Stay in place, so we don't need to fight."
    Suddenly large indestructible vines appeared and grabbed Vanigx, keeping him in place until CS could finish her task at hand, "There, now stay in place, it shouldn't take us long."

She then raised Alexiel back into the air. CS also increased the strength of her barrier. "Now young one...we will have to tell you, this is going to be quite painful; however please know that we do not do with ill will."

Alexiel gently nodded, feeling empty from her dry heaving. 'I...understand...'.

CS nodded, "Then let us get started before we get more interference in your healing process."

CS closed their eyes, the wind starting to pick up in strength. CS then started to whisper words into her staff, the staff started to glow many and various hues of blue. The grand tree with blue cherry blossoms then unleashed with the aid of wind more petals started to scatter. CS then spoke words from a time lost to many:

To the evil that has plagued this young one, with the terrible poison that was cast into the innocent soul, by our power and strength...We cast your evil soul out!

CS's eyes glowed a soft white, then struck her staff into the ground and then in an intense light flashed; as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared, but in its place stood a dragon of light and energy.

When it appeared Alexiel started to convulse, her veins started to glow, and then Alexiel let out a blood curling scream. However, due to CS' barrier, the sound never reached the other's ears. The poison itself was dripping from the pores of Alexiel's skin, it now takes on a black viscous that had a shine to it.

After some time, all of the poison was out of Alexiel's body, and then it took the form of a black tiger. It let out a vicious roar, digging its claws into the ground. Its eyes glowing red in anger and rage.

CS' dragon let out a louder roar, spreading its mighty wings. Its own blue eyes glowing and its talons also digging into the ground beneath its feet.

"We see... we must get rid of this for sure," CS said.

Then at the same time, both the dragon and the tiger charged at each other while CS was chanting a spell under her breath, she would attempt to capture this creature and study it and its properties.

The Dragon had the tiger by its throat ready to sink one of its mighty and sharp teeth into its opponent's neck; however before it could, then out of a white and gold portal someone appeared in the darkest cobalt armor and then struck the tiger, and it disappeared from existence, any trace of it, blew away in the wind. The dragon then disappeared in another burst of light.

Alexiel's veins stopped glowing, and the poison was completely gone from her body, but she still felt overcome by everyone's emotions. Her ribs still pulverized, and softly breathing although her lips were still blue.

"It has been quite some time, What do you call yourself now?" CS asked the dark armored being that just appeared.

"You may call me, the Cobalt Warrior. Why are you here CS? You are not supposed to be here." The Cobalt Warrior spoke plainly.

"Well we didn't think that you would come...and that innocent soul needed help. Although to be honest, we only wished to heal her and then leave, but she completely and utterly refused for us to heal her until the others were healed first." CS spoke.

The Cobalt Warrior nodded, "I see..."

CS then said, "Well then pardon us while we finish the task at hand." CS walked past the cobalt warrior and then stood before Alexiel and then summoned her staff, and it returned to her hand, "Restorthis"

Alexiel was surrounded in light, that light healing everything that had been inflicted upon Alexiel's body and healed it completely. CS then lowered Alexiel to the ground. "Take it easy young one..."

Alexiel nodded, "Thank you...CS for everything that you have done."

CS nodded, "You are very welcome young one...and we also have given you a gift, but we took the liberty of putting it in your pocket. Only use it when it is needed." CS then turned to the Cobalt Warrior and then bowed her head. "Oh...yes the other mortal." CS then turned to Vangix and then whispering words into the winds, and then the vines letting go of him.

"We, unfortunately, have to return to where we came from..." CS then placed a friendly hand on Alexiel's head, "We hope you do well on your journey ahead...and hopefully our souls will cross paths again...you are a good soul...and you have a big heart...never lose that young one." CS then walked and stopped behind the Cobalt Warrior, "It will be up to you then to watch over...no matter how painful as it is..."

CS then continued to walk, they disappeared in a flash of light.

Alexiel then walked over to the Cobalt Warrior, "Thank you as well...for your help..." Alexiel bowed her head. "I heard that your name is Cobalt Warrior, is that correct?"

The Cobalt Warrior nodded and then spoke, "It was nothing young one...but CS does have a point...no matter what during this journey...don't be discouraged...don't let what others say about you get to you..." They turned and then kneeled and placed their hand on her head, "You are a good person...yes, you will make mistakes, but you will learn from them, and in doing so...become stronger because of it..." The Cobalt Warrior then stood up and then turned around, "You should go to your allies, it seems that the one that has summoned you, although their words quite harsh...have some nuggets of truth to them...however it is in our opinion since they do not know the whole story...is basing their judgment on assumptions. It is however not our place to opinionate. We will be watching over you young one, but we will not always be able to act...you protect your self...and remember our words young one..." Then the Cobalt Warrior summoned a white portal and then stepped through it, returning from where they came from.

"Goodbye for now...Cobalt Warrior..." Alexiel then bowed her head again.

Even though many questions were swirling around her head, she mostly for the moment felt Big Sister Wilhelmina's frustration and feelings of failure. Alexiel decided that she would need to console her, she didn't want to see her sad. Alexiel then walked over to Wilhelmina and hugged her big sister, "Please Big Sister...do not feel that you have done anything wrong..." She then looked into her eyes, "Remember if worse come to worse, I believe in you and your strength. I think what Undine was meaning that sometimes you have to balance helping many and helping a few...or even one. It is like that saying goes, "The needs of many outweigh those of the few...and the one." Meaning that sometimes you have to try and see the big picture. Like what your parents do as royalty...they have to make tough decisions...probably ones that do not have a good choice in either case," Alexiel then blinked her eyes slightly, "I hope I am making some sense Big Sister Wilhelmina."

Wilhelmina nodded fighting back the urge to cry, "I understand... I just don't want to fail my people, my family, or you... I don't know what I'd do if something happened when I could have helped, even now my heart breaks for leaving everyone behind while they're under attack by darkness...," Mina paused to keep herself from being overwhelmed by her own emotions for Alexiel's sake as Wilhelmina returned the hug with a tight squeeze of her own.

"I can't ignore my destiny so I came when I was called upon, but I can't let my fears keep me from thinking of everyone... I'll do my best to change that," Wilhelmina replied fueled with a new resolve in their mission. Perhaps things will get better if she believes in everyone's abilities and gathers some understanding with everyone.

"I know your heart is hurting, but know that I believe that since your fighting for a greater purpose...they are very proud of you, big sister Wilhelmina...and if it is any consolation, I am always proud of you...no matter what," Alexiel said with a smile on her face.

"No matter what...know that you are not alone, and I am here for you, Big Sister Wilhelmina."

"Thank you, dearest Alexiel. We may not be bonded by blood, but you are just as much my family. I'm glad I'll have you by my side," Wilhelmina said with a big smile as she gently patted Alexiel's head.

Alexiel had a big smile across her face at Wilhelmina's words. "I am always happy to have you by my side, big sister Wilhelmina. If you need to talk to me about anything, you know I will always listen...and do what I can to help."

Meanwhile, the questions that Undine had asked of Alexiel rang in her head,

“Child of the unknown you are a special child that has been chosen by Lady Elsinore to be far more than a normal person. You should now better than to let your emotions get the better of you. If you can't control your own emotions how do you plan to keep others from affecting you? Your sister knows this and will use it against your time and time again.”
    Something that bothered Alexiel was how Undine knew of Lady Elsinore? First Umbra/Noctis and now Undine? 'How is it that they know of Lady Elsinore-sama? However, Alexiel quickly dismissed the thought and was considering how she should answer Undine.

Taking a deep breath, and slowly letting it out answering honestly even though she wouldn't like her answer, "You are right Undine-sama...It is something that I have been trying to control...however it is something...that is more complicated to answer honestly, so I can't give you an answer your question, otherwise, my answer would be a lie." Alexiel spoke honestly but hated to admit that her empathic abilities were still intermediate not within her control.

The second of Undine's questions:

“A question for each of you. Why do you fight?”
    Taking another deep breath, and letting it out, "I know not if you like my answer, but it will be the truth," Alexiel paused for a moment, "My reason for fighting...Why I fight...I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. The defenseless, the weak, those that feel that they do not have a voice, and anyone who either does not want to fight or cannot defend themselves. I fight for those who don't think that they have a choice. I fight against oppression. Any force good or evil, dark or light...that is willing to destroy life before it has a chance...that I will always fight against. In short, I fight so that others don't have to."

She then let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Kairi then walked over to where Alexiel and Wilhelmina were just talking and then smiled, "I am glad that you are ok Alexiel." she said. Goofy then walked over to them, "Gwash, you look well...you seemed to have taken a beating."

Alexiel rubbed the back of her head and softly laughed, "Yea...but at least I am ok now."

Something was bothering Alexiel in the back of her mind, 'If Umbra/Noctis is that strong...why didn't he take the effort to end them all? To not give us a chance to get stronger? Was there a reason to not destroy us? Were we going to be part of some game? She knew that something more was at stake?,' Alexiel paused she now even know where to begin to ask any questions and whom to ask.

Alexiel had not heard the response from the other woman, she thought her name was Alinara. She wondered how she would respond to Undine's question. How she would answer would affect Alexiel. However, she didn't know how it would.

Kairi and Goofy looked to everyone and wondered if they would be ok...She still wishing that Riku was here to help unite everyone...

Alexiel wondered about the others as well...Raziel, Ardeth, Luna... They seemed ok, but she felt their hidden emotions, she couldn't blame them...she felt for them.

Meanwhile...

After Rocial returned to the World that Never Was, to which she had made for herself a small room in one of the random buildings, with not a lot in it, almost like no one lived there; however she simply thought it was easier that way. she started to slowly heal her broken jaw, it wouldn't take too much time. Internally she smirked to herself. 'I know that Noctis will eventually try to work out a deal...well we'll see. I still stand by what I said.' She then decided to sit upon her bed, something that she didn't know that was in her pocket, it appeared to be a keychain. 'Well this should be interesting...and add spice to the mix...'.

'I care not what happens...or what people's opinions are...I will get what I want...and no one needs to know quite that is...'

Not knowing that something was hiding in Rocial's room, but something that she wouldn't quite expect.
    Spoiler: Sigs 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vanigx was groaning in pain from being restrained as he stayed with Alexiel and held her close as he smiled. “Well, at least I know you’re alright. We better get back to the others. There’s no telling when we’ll get moving.” Vanigx then gently took Alexiel’s hand but looked at Luna before speaking up in frustration. “You don’t understand what I had to go through. Do you have any idea how hard it is to let go of a past that constantly follows. I want to forget it and even better, I wish it didn’t happen, but it’s still following me. If I have to stop obsessing over my faults, so be it. Don’t try and rush me about it, then, Luna.” Vanigx finally finished venting his frustration out before sitting down and breathing to try and relax.
    Last edited by DracoDeathtalon; 06-03-2020 at 03:33 PM.

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alinara gazed on at the others, having changed herself back into a Dark Knight. She had not pulled out her keyblade at all in the fight, relying on the changing magitek blade that worked just as well for her. The being of light had shown up, but not the goddess that she was aware of upon her own world, and had started to talk to them. She listened to the others answering like chastized children almost because this being of Light was doing just that. The Dark Knight would work her way up to her feet, heedless of the blood that she had left where she sat as she approached.

"You talk about my destiny and mock it in the same breath Light Entity. My entire purpose of being created is the balance. To try to balance the scales while everyone does their hardest to tip the scales towards the Light... That is the only thing I seek. It is what I will live and die doing. It is what my mission was when father created me those three years back." She might be adult in body and mind, but truely she had only been around three years give or take. It was a last ditch effort of creation to make her to try to save the world.

"As for my..." She glanced at the ragtag group. "Compainions as you call them... I don't know if they would even accept working with me considering our missions do not align. I seek balance and they seek to keep every bit of darkness off the scale as they can." She crossed her arms, closing her eyes. "Why I defended them against my.... I guess former ally now... I defended them because I believe some of these people can see the reason of a balance instead of blinding light although some..." Her eyes briefly open to glance at Vanigx. "Are already blinded to flood the universe with Light. And that is what my heart is telling me or else I wouldn't have even bothered."
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast