Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPA Roleplay Awards - Nominations 2019! [ Deadline: July 20 ]

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

1. Best RP to reach the hall of fame
    (Does not require nominations as all HOF RP's in the alloted time period will be included.)

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

2. Best unfinished rp

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

3. Best 1x1 partner

Nominee #1: Kris
    Nominee #2: bluemoon

4. Most inspiring writer

Nominee #1: Leanna
    Nominee #2: bluemoon

5. Most diverse characters creator

Nominee #1: Kris
    Nominee #2: P.K.

6. Best overall GM

Nominee #1: Dnafein
    Nominee #2: RisingPhoenix

7. Most dependable player

Nominee #1: bluemoon
    Nominee #2: Undead_Fears

8. The novelist

Nominee #1: StormyNyte
    Nominee #2: Storm

9. Best roleplaying duo

Nominee #1: bluemoon and Storm
    Nominee #2: Kris and Siks

10. Best romantic couple

Nominee #1:Ezra-Rayne Bastian andJackal Lawless from The Treasure of the Lost Mountain bluemoon and Siks

Nominee #2: Duke Solar and Aster from Star Riot Undead_Fears and Siks

11. Most realistic character

Nominee #1: Aster by Undead_Fears
    Nominee #2: Libby Marin by Leanna

12. Funniest character

Nominee #1: Mynxella Jabberwalken Oce by bluemoon
    Nominee #2: Tristifer Barton by Dnafein

13. Best overall character

Nominee #1: Shel Gra-Makar by Leanna
    Nominee #2: Elisheva Malkoth by Kris

14. Weirdest character

Nominee #1: Su Lin Mok by Storm
    Nominee #2: Yaorlan Swftshot by Kris

15. Best antagonist

Nominee #1: Warlock by RisingPhoenix
    Nominee #2: Denika Lestaff by Siks

16. Best hero

Nominee #1: Sabin Togar by Kris
    Nominee #2: Y'gol Skullborne by Siks

17. Best supporting character

Nominee #1: Jezibel Lupin of Redscar By Koti and Siks
    Nominee #2: Jamon Dewars by Storm

18. Vae Victis

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

19. Best General RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

20. Best Science-Fiction RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

21. Best Fantasy RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

22. Best Parody RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

23. Best Horror RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

24. Most likely to get themselves killed

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

25. Most Original Storyline

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

26. Most Loveable Char

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

27. Most Hateable Char

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

28. Most Zealous GM

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

29. Strangest RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

30. Obsessed With RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

31. Most Dedicated GM

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

32. Most Original Character

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

33. Best Overall Writing Style

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

34. Book-worthy RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

35. Best Friendship

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

36. Best Rivals

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:

37. Most Exciting RP

Nominee #1:
    Nominee #2:
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 07-16-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

4. Most inspiring writer

Nominee #1: dakkagor

This’ll be the only time I’ll ever suggest someone disregard anything dakkagor has written. Talentless one note hack is self-depreciating nonsense of the highest order. His work is impeccable, and has produced so many small, incidental moments of narrative which have become very important years afterwards – both in the Inquisition series, and in real-world - which he’s capable of producing at a frankly ludicrous rate when he puts the hammer down.

For example, this legendary wordsmith had the bulk of this scene turned around in response to a “Hey, so what do you think about this idea…” PM that probably took me longer than it took him to turn around the beginning of a new character arc.

6. Best overall GM

Nominee #1: Azazeal849

Aye, Az ticks all the boxes of dedicated, reliable, persistent, creative, inspiring…and ambitious.

Reckoning is his most recent offering, which concurrently chronicles the exploits of both sides of a sprawling civil war in space, on the ground, and within the shadows and an increasing number of sub-plots…and if that wasn’t audacious enough, he’s actively running another game…and is actively looking into launching another (GoT, for those so interested)…and while still being an active player across a broad spectrum of genres.

Dakkagor is the gold standard for dependability and determination to any game he’s in. He knows not how to quit and never fails to produce awesome, inventive content on a regular basis.

9. Best roleplaying duo

Nominee #1: Azazeal849 and dakkagor

I hold these guys personally responsible for getting me back into roleplaying.

I incidentally stumbled across their work on another forum almost a decade ago, where the seeds were sown for the Inquisition series, and when the opportunity came to join (here on RPA) I made the leap – and haven’t regretted that decision, or ceased to be a fan first and foremost of these gentlemen and their excellent individual and collaborative writing product. They’re simply the best in the business.

But don’t take my highly biased word for it - see these two champions of roleplaying doing what they do best in Reckoning, with the Legio Sirenia sub-plot, and enjoy some intense action and clever problem solving with the engines of peace.

11. Most realistic character

Nominee #1: Dr. Sayori Warrick

Az maintains excellent internal consistency with Sayori both personally (beginning as an otherwise normal human being…and we’ll see where recent events lead) and professionally (scientist in a sci-fi game, backed up with real-world science!) as described in her character sheet and while in character, where the circumstances of the game’s survival-horror elements are adjacent to her field of research, creating some intense moments of cognitive dissonance between Sayori and Dr. Warrick.

13. Best overall character

Nominee #1: Kally Sonder

I’ve come to consider Kally Sonder the soul of the Inquisition series - ironic, given that in 40k souls are a tangible commodity and she is literally soulless. She’s the whole package in terms of a character, and while I’d highly recommend reading through her entire arc across the series, if nothing else you should treat yourself to her waging a one woman war – while keeping in mind this is only the beginning.

14. Weirdest character

Nominee #1: Cronus

Pro Tip: Do not anger the eldritch god-monster. You’re going to have a bad time.

17. Best supporting character

Nominee #1: Kelly Black

The heart of the ensemble featured in the Inquisition series, Kelly is compassionate, morally centered, and supportive in a setting which is traditionally known to have none of those (or any of what we would consider) virtues – and has suffered accordingly – yet not been broken by her ordeals, or swayed from her core ideals. Thankfully, she’s not a lone martyr. She’s got a family that’s got her back in turn.

24. Most likely to get themselves killed

Nominee #1: Ella Seren

Psyker, traitor and an idealist – three very bad things to be in the Grim and Dark setting of 40k, and yet I’ll be the first to say that I’m hoping I’m wrong about Ella being dead by the end of Reckoning.

31. Most Dedicated GM

The Galactic Empires series is a testament to persistence paying off, which is no surprise from this gent.

32. Most Original Character

Nominee #1: Secutor Vizkop

While an assassin and warrior-priest of a monolithic technology worshiping religion which seeks to emulating the superiority of the machine over unmodified mankind, and a zealous believer in the strict dogma of his faith, Vizkop retains a humanity – and even vulnerability – which contrasts splendidly who he is against what he is. Additionally, the trouble he keeps finds himself in with biomechanically enhanced femme fatales is always enjoyable, however maybe Reckoning will spare him that…

…or not.

34. Book-worthy RP

This award is for the RP that would make an excellent book, a story that you would love to find in a novel. It has all the qualities; memorable characters, fascinating setting and wonderful plot.

Nominee #1: Reckoning

I mean, yeah…

35. Best Friendship

Nominee #1: Alia Machairi and Tomas Prinzel

While friendship may not be the best word to describe the dynamic between a woman entrusted with the dread responsibility to quite literally save the innumerable, oblivious masses of humanity from damnation – at any cost necessary, and the man who is oath-sworn to protect her life at potentially (and actually, in at least one instance) the expense of his own, and has been a stalwart companion from the beginning of her rise to the authority granted by an Inquisitor’s rosette…

…there’s more to their dynamic than mistress and servant and professional obligation, and it’s been – and I expect will continue to be - fantastic to read about.

36. Best Rivals

Nominee #1: Kally Sonder and Alicia Tarran

Interrogator Sonder and Captain Tarran are former comrades in arms, made bitter enemies by a civil war - and the deservedly irreconcilable conflict between Kally’s old friends and Alicia’s rediscovered family. The two women are determined, thoroughbred warriors who have gone to dangerous extremes (biomechanically augmented by a criminal mad scientist and voluntarily re-possessed by a daemon, respectively) to make themselves ready for the wars to come. Blood will be shed, and people will die.
    Last edited by PaintSerf; 07-18-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Lasy day to nominate, make sure you filled everything, and that you have links if needed.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

With not being around as much, a lot of these are hard and I just can't bring myself to nominate myself for things. Feels eeeeh. So here we go.

1. Best RP to reach the hall of fame
    (Does not require nominations as all HOF RP's in the alloted time period will be included.)

Nominee #1: Penitence
    Nominee #2:

2. Best unfinished rp

Nominee #1: The Day the River Stopped Flowing

3. Best 1x1 partner

Nominee #1: Scottie
    Nominee #2:

4. Most inspiring writer

Nominee #1: Death of Korzan
    Nominee #2:

5. Most diverse characters creator

Nominee #2: Minkasha

6. Best overall GM

Nominee #2: Azazeal 849

Nominee #2:

8. The novelist

Nominee #2:

9. Best roleplaying duo

Nominee #1: Scottie and Dark Pigeon
    Nominee #2: Scottie and Azazeal849

18. Vae Victis

Nominee #2:

30. Obsessed With RP

Nominee #2:

33. Best Overall Writing Style

Nominee #2: Nazgul

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12