Thread: Finally a Wheel of Time series.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default Finally a Wheel of Time series.

So saw this on break at work. While I am super excited I'm also a little worried. The book series is some 13 books long (each one over 500 pages in length) so if done right it would be a lengthy series. But with the horrible Legend of the Seeker series and what happened to GoT after they got past the books I'm (understandably) nervous. Additionally it's gonna be in Amazon who has a history of not really advertising their shows off their site, this is what happened to the Zombieland t.v. series.

Anyone else excited/horrified about this?
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

BOTH!
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Fourteen books with an average of 849 pages containing around a dozen main characters, 2-3 dozen recurring characters, at least another dozen or two secondary characters, and a host of tertiary/supporting characters. As of right now the only named cast member is playing Moiraine, which is fair enough since she is the catalyst of the events in the series.

Before GOT, I would have said that there was neither a market nor the talent to pull it off. Even with GOT's semi-implosion in the end, I would say that there is a good chance that a WOT series could be decent; the proof of concept is more than real. At least, I think that the first book will go down well. I don't know how well it will be received, but it should catch at least a few of the GOT crowd; many GOT fans are probably also WOT fans.

The cast will be an interesting item. All of the characters are shades of white. And some of them wear fantasy samurai armor shaped like insect heads/bodies and wield katanas. Some of them are obviously supposed to be Middle Eastern-like, but wield weapons more reminiscent of Native Americans. And still white. There also might be some white Pacific Islander-esque people who wear a lot of tattoos and not much else.

And then there's the da'covale and their 'dresses'. And damane and suldam. And torture. And racism. And sexism, sexism everywhere, from everyone, including the main characters. And all that pops up by the second book.

I hope they play it straight, warts and all.

Anyone down for a WOT RP?
    Last edited by Imperial1917; 06-30-2019 at 06:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

More cast have been announced.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here