Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: APOTHEOSIS: 2.0

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default APOTHEOSIS: 2.0

Legends……Stories passed through time…We've grown quite fond of out tales of heroes and their deeds of the past, forgetting that we are just remnants of their greatness. The flame their sparks ignited have long withered and died leaving only darkness in their wake. But Still the Embers burn waiting to become new flames, New legends. But to do that…..….…..They need a spark.
    The sound of clashing steel rang out over the stone combat platform standing raised in front of a semi circle of onlooking students. Though they lived in the technologically advanced Atlus these students followed a simpler code of conduct that their teachers encouraged them to carry with them outside of the school walls. This match was an exhibition of that sentiment as the two fighting would soon be leaving to attend the renowned Beacon academy.
    The first was a young man with ashen hair and lithe muscular frame, in his hand was gripped a self forged weapon favored by the hunters of his family, the same family that founded the same school he was performing for today. His name was Talvon Schnee, and the dustblade was his weapon of choice, the weapon was s single edged broadsword measuring a half to two thirds of its wielders size but its namesake comes from the chamber inside the hilt that allows the wielder to infuse dust to their weapons to employ augmented attacks. Talvon was the top of his class when it came to melee combat and he possessed a preternatural skill with the blade. Even as the pair fought it was hard to tell whether Talvon was swinging his blade or if the blade was swinging him.

His opponent was his friend and Rival Rafe Barune. This young hunter was while on par with Talvon almost his mirror opposite. Where Talvon was a wild and passionate fighter preferring offence over defense Rafe was a calculating hunter who reacted to Talvons aggressive strikes.
    The pair kept fighting neither gaining ground or wearing down, Talvon striking and dancing his blade around Rafe's defenses.

The demonstration came to a close as both hunters broke out of a final bladelock long enough for their instructor to call and end to the fight.

"Well done you two. I expect you've given your peers and underclassmen a great deal of inspiration. Now it's time for you two to be on your way to Beacon. Remember to carry yourselves with dignity and pride befitting students of the Schnee hunters preparatory school"

Talvon and Rafe, both placing their weapons on their backs nodded to their instructor before gripping eath others hand with a fraternal familiarity. "I guess we'll finally get an answer at Beacon, hope you don't fall behind." Rafe said grinning at his friend. "Please Rafe, We both know you're the one always daydreaming." Talvon countered.

planting a seed in your subconscious (aka Inception)
    romaction (sure why not)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sorrel walked along one of the many large corridors in her home. She gripped her weapon lightly as she nonchalantly walked along. She had just finished her last private session with her instructor. From that moment on she would walk a new and interesting path far different than the schedule she was used to. While her schedule was leisurely it was still filled relentlessly on some days, but on weekdays always with a few private tutors, and sometimes long training hours. However, despite that, it never seemed so long to her. Everything was quite fun and she felt ecstatic on most days of training, but on days of study not so much. She smiled as she looked out one of the huge windows in front of her, enjoying the calm scenery.

Suddenly a light footstep was heard from behind and a swish of air entailed. Sorrel turned only to block a blade with her weapon and a laughter ensued. “Hey, sis. I thought you left.”
    Sorrel rolled her eyes and used her semblance to lift her brother up in the air. “No, not yet.” She said still laughing. She looked around a bit anxiously, for where one brother was, the other was not far behind, and like clockwork the other appeared and took a swing only to be swept up into the air like his twin.

“Awww, you don’t want to spar with us for one last time?” They asked.
    “ Well no its just you shouldn’t sneak up on me like that!” She stammered as she let them down gently. “But now I’m ready and I’m going to beat you two up for one last time before I leave!” she said haughtily as she stuck out her tongue at them.
    They playfully sparred with each other until they all ended up in a laughing heap on the ground of the large corridor, only mildly upsetting a few expensive vases and a few flower arrangements.

They all finally got up and Sorrel’s older brothers both hugged her goodbye as it was time to leave. “We’ll miss ya, sis!” They waved her goodbye as she got a hug from both her father and mother. She was the last one to finally leave to an academy, and she was excited to do something and meet people, as it seemed to be the most exciting moment ever.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Talvon

It had been almost a day since his exhibition match with Rafe and Talvon was in his room packing his duffle bag with the last of the things he would need, of course his dustblade was secured in it's own large traveling case. Though he would be able to access it easily enough if there was need, it would not be seemly to leave Atlas armed with it on a commercial flight to Vale and then to Beacon.

As he cinched the duffle closed a sharp rap on his door frame caught his attention.
    There in the door was his swordmaster, though to look at him you would never guess that was a title he held. Iejir was a bear of a man, a long and tattered duster did little to hide his build and the thick beard he'd grown did little to hide the few scars on his face.

"Off to the center of the hunting world are we Talvon?" He man asked grinning.
    "The center is where ever I am, or have you forgotten your own lesson in your old age?"
    Talvon countered getting a wry grin from the old man. "Those aren't the actual words, but close enough. I swear it's like you are trying to sound like a spoiled prince" Iejir laughed before turning on his heel as Talvon followed him out.

"You know that's not how it works with us. I have to earn my place in the family and Hunting is the easiest path" He told his mentor and friend. "And I have to work twice as hard for Rafe too."
    Iejir nodded seriously. "Yes the boy does have promise, but as an outsider you had to wager your own claim for him to even be accepted. But I believe that is what makes your rivalry all the better. You will never be without a stalwart ally if your gambit succeeds Talvon."

As the pair was reaching the front gates not a single Schnee was there but when he returned they would be ready to greet him and welcome the next head of the family.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The pack of Beowulves closed in on the Vacuon caravan, loping hungrily forward. Their direction shifted as nearby foliage began to rustle. As they closed on the source it fell through the canopy. They rushed forward driven by the easy meal, a lone man in a cowboy hat and duster.

Had they paid more attention they would have noted the half smile on their targets face. He rotated in midair, his arm raising to point a revolver toward the charging beasts. The cowboy'sworld slowed, the colors fading as his eyes scanned the Grimm. A small red star appearing to him on their bodies.

Nine stars appeared forming a moving constellation, charging towards him. The world suddenly burst into motion; The revolver barking his fury. The closest Beowulf burst into flames, thrashing as it fell. The next creature convulsed as lightning shook its frame not once but twice. The three remaining rounds threw the third grimm into the air, a massive blast of wind impacting with each bullet.

The two remaining Beowulves surged forward, even as the man finished twisting in the air. His jacket barked a retort, the closet grimm's feet freezing solid around it's feet. The next two shots expanded into stone spikes, impaling the remaining mobile beowulf.

The ice around the lone survivors feet shattered as it broke free. The creature lunged for the man, who fired three quick shots. The impacts encased the grimm in ice, and the man's hand snapped out. The revolver folded and twisted into a blade, slashing through the frozen beast. The man lunged through the shards, appearing to leap through a starburst to the idle viewer.

The man twirled his weapons, the blade turning back into a revolver. The cowboy began walking toward the caravan's camp. Drawing a revolver the man opened the cylinder and pulled the empty casings from inside. The cowboy reloaded the weapon with glowing shells; he repeated the process with the other revolver finishing as he entered the camp.

"Everything okay Mr. Grey?" A guard asked as he entered.

"Yep." Argus answered. "Just working off my passage. I'm off to sleep, wake me if something makes noise that's unusual." As the guard nodded, the cowboy headed deeper into the camp.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Rafe stood waiting at the boarding terminal. His own weapons carried on his belt and his travel bag resting at his feet. He held his scroll in front of him idle, watching the news feeds scroll across the screen.
    He'd left the schnee dorms hours before Talvon eager to be rid of the stuffy atmosphere. He didn't know why the school was so stuck on battle etiquette and their codes of conduct. He understood their own reasons sure but he couldn't' figure out why they hadn't evolved or amended a few. It's not like the Grimm were going to bow before trying to devour you after all.
    Talvon had once told him that such things were what separated man from Grimm but he didn't fully buy that. Still he just grinned and nodded, these were rules his friend needed to follow if he wanted to become the next head of the schnee family, an honor one earned not through blood but through martial skill. "Hurry up Tal, you won't become the head of anything if we miss our flight" He chuckled. Though Rafe had no such lofty goals as Talvon did he owned his friend a great debt for getting him into the school and he decided the best way to repay that was to do what he could to help Talvon reach his goal, and beyond that he'd let fate be his guide.

-----------

Talvon was not long to appear at the boarding ramp catching sight of Rafe as he approached. "What are you still doing here? You should have boarded ahead of me." He admonished getting only a small grin from Rafe.

"I'm not about to leave you behind Tal, you should know that by now. Or did you hope that I'd soften up the competition while you arrived fashionably late to beacon?" Rafe raised his hand and blocked the half hearted punch Talvon through at his face.
    "Right, as if some street punk like you could hold his own against a true huntsman."
    "Guess we'll have to see, let me know when you find one and I'll find out" Rafe retorted before both boys began to laugh.

romaction (sure why not)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

“So you’re not going to come with me for the ride?” Sorrel asked her family as they stood with her.
    “No, sis, cause then you won’t wanna leave when we arrive.” The brothers laughed as they waved their hands in a “no no” kind of way.
    “Sorrel, dear, you’ll be fine. Just don’t forget about us when you have too much fun ok?” Her mother smiled as she said this. Sorrel chuckled at this.
    “Don’t worry mother, I won’t disappoint you when I come back with excellent remarks!”
    She gave a good thumbs up. Her brother slid up to her and whispered, “Yeah only if your luck factor kicks in or you’ll be getting bad remarks on your studies and disgrace our family name.” He then smiled and put his hand over his mouth as he slyly giggled. The other brother patted her head. “No worries, baby Maneki*, you’ll be fine and lucky like always… and then when your unlucky day kicks in… oooh boy, I don’t wanna miss that, so make sure to tell all your friends to tell us when that happens so we can have a good laugh!”
    The twins then snickered away.
    Sorrel stuck her tongue out at them. “Well at least I’m cute AND lucky and I don’t act like I’m 7 years younger than my age!”
    Sorrels parents slightly laughed at all their kids. “Well now, you all stop this, Regal and Regis be kind to your sister as you won’t be seeing her for a long time, and I don’t want you boys complaining how you miss your baby sister “Maneki” to give you good luck on your unlucky days, so be kind or you’ll have bad luck!” Her mother scolded them. “So be kind to Sorrel this minute as she’s leaving now!”
    “Sorry sis. We will actually miss you though..” The brothers said in unison.
    “Hey!” is all Sorrel could say before they squished her in a hug. “Have a blast sis.”
    She waved goodbye to her family one last time as they all waved her off. She had one last look before the airship took off. She smiled to herself once in the air, contemplating whether or not she would actually miss her brothers.

*Maneki- (referring to a Maneki Neko/ a lucky cat)

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Boarding

"All aboard!!"
    A sturdy man bellowed at the boarding ramp for the airship.
    Talvon and Rafe were ready and awaiting the call to come aboard they hadn't been harassed or distracted by the rather rowdy family seeing their daughter off. Talvon half thought he recognized them from somewhere but paid it no mind as he wasn't involved directly with them and their send off.
    They weren't the first in the line however this didn't bother Talvon or Rafe, instead the two spent the idle moments in line sizing up some of the other obvious students boarding for Vale. Each of them seemed confident enough, wearing their weapons on full display, a right earned by graduating one of the many training schools here before being accepted to Beacon.

"Worried you won't stand out?" Rafe asked nuding talvon in the ribs.
    The heir scoffed slightly, "Hardly, you should know that standing out has never been my goal. Skill isn't something to be flaunted if you're always showing off, you're always showing your hand"
    "....Showing off, you're always showing your hand." Rafe finished in a mocking echo. "I know I know that's not what a I meant and you know it. Look Tal, you and I were the best fighters here at home and everyone knows it, but this is going to be a melting pot of hunters, you never know who you'll come up against, doesn't that do anything for you?"
    Talvon shook his head at Rafe's excitement "It only means that I'll have to prove myself all over again, and by graduation I'll be taking over the Schnee accademy, and you'll be training my students."

romaction (sure why not)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

After her family departed from the scene, all of her poise dissipated and instantly she was giddy and excited full of energy. Sorrel looked around eagerly for potential friends and was immediately overwhelmed with how many people could be potential friends. Like totally every one. every. single. person. She strode up to a pair of boys chit chatting amongst themselves as she had noticed them looking at other people earlier and thought they must also be looking for potential friends to be friends with but were too shy to introduce themselves to anyone so she would do them a favor and introduce herself. She slid up next to both Talvon and Rafe.

"Heeeeeelllloooooo!!!" She looked at the the two of them and grabbed their hands and shook it vigorously without letting them even have the option to decline or hide their hands. She was a master at swiftly grabbing hands to shake with, especially when it comes to introductions.

"Hi. I'm Sorrel. Sorrel Rosafarben. That's right. I did you a favor and introduced myself so you didn't have to. What are you guys names?? Cause we're gunna be friends! Betcha never had such a lucky day in your life where friends find you!" She smiled and continued to shake their hands vigorously as she had not let go and had grabbed both of their hands at the same time with swiftness and vigor.
    Last edited by Agent Rina; 08-09-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eda walked past, looking over with a shake of her head, she continued down the path. she was here to learn and become stronger, she felt she had no time for such hyper people. besides, most still looked down upon the Fauna, so she would prefer to be by herself anyhow.
    With her sword strapped to her back, she strode with confidence to the ship, only with a heavy sigh at what was ahead, but she felt she could handle it.

entering the ship, she looked around for a good place to be by herself, to read or think, it didn't matter.
    finding a spot, she sat down in a nice little corner and pulled out a nice book and began to shut out everything else as she leaned against her bag and her sword.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 08-09-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Tafe and Talvon were taken aback by the sudden introduction and assertion that neither took much notice of the faunus girl walking past them. Talvon for his part managed to extract his hand from Rina's grip at the first chance before coughing politely "That's one way to introduce yourself I suppose, out of courtesy I'l return the favor but you may want to wait to see how things go before professing whos friend you're going to be. My name is Talvon Schnee and I suspect I'll be making more than a few enemies soon"
    Rafe on the other hand laughed the introduction off shoving his elbow into Talvons ribs. "Ah don't listen to this guy, he's just convinced that there will be nothing but jealousy and sycophants after he trounces the competition in the orientation exam. Im Rafe, not real family to speak of just a run of the mill gutter rat who impressed someone above his station." He said wondering how someone like Rina would react to having just touched one of the unwashed masses of Mantle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast