Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Thread: Beyond the Second World: The First Knight [Rated M]

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Feel free to start and send it since Zeke spoke last to her.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

might get around to it tomorrow then
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Haha.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I HAVE POSTED

and movement has been made. For those currently in the forested area, you are now in the territory of an Armapine, a hybrid mix of Armadillo and Porcupine, and roughly the size of a buffalo.

For those in the sandy area, you are now being hunted by a Shab, a mix of a shark and crab that lives and swims under the sands. It has a mostly flat body and large round eyes while also being mainly carnivorous.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm Zeke will have fun.

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Poor Berlioz Well, and Charlie too >.>

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm can I make a cape out of the Shab?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is my first character write out so please let me know if i can fix anything.

Name: Kain Turner
    Job: Diver, Fitness Instructor, Cheerleader.
    Class: Death Knight, Dark Knight…Black Knight? Whatever fits for you!

Appearance: Natural Blond hair with little bits of Strawberry Blond thrown in, giving it almost a small red sheen to it, it usually sits around medium length sometimes even getting in his way of his eyes if not careful. His eyes sparkle like the morning ocean, a soft Hazel color. Kain features caramel colored skin from his many days out in the sun training or teaching. Strong lean muscles from almost two decades of dedicated nutrition and training. Two noticeable scars along his right shoulder to his spine and another from the right side of his hip down almost to the middle of his right thigh. Left ear is pierced with a small Emerald earring and a necklace with a shark tooth around his neck. Typically goes shirtless in casual settings.

Personality: “Passion moves the heart!” – Someone

Kain himself is always optimistic wanting to go out there and do the best that he can. The glass is always full and no matter what happens life always finds a way to straighten out a bad situation. A firm believer in Fate Kain his never once question where he is going or who he is. A Singular dedication to bettering himself has always been his driving force. Normally a helper type he always wants to go and speak to everyone, make sure they are happy, and try to bring out the best in those around him. Often a person of de-escalation he will typically avoid direct confrontation unless something is imperative or improper. Normally he would prefer to sit and have a drink then settle it with his fists.

Strengths: Athletics, Emotional Intelligence, Music
    Weaknesses: Book smarts, Overly Trusting, fighting with the intent to kill.

Hidden ability: Ability Intuition - The user can, by seeing an ability at work, intuitively understand how it works, how to control it, and how to master it. The user can teach others how to control their abilities once seeing their power. Alternatively, the user can also be able to develop a countermeasure if they understand an ability long enough to figure out its weaknesses.

Element: Shadow

Bio: Kain has always wanted to be the center of attention or at least if not the center of it, near it. Usually viewed as a jokester in his youth, Kain often liked to tell jokes. As his terrible pun skills improved eventually he started to notice how the kids at school who could kick balls farther and run faster seemed to be at the center of things. As such Kain decided to follow that example. Making use of his family being semi-well off he was able to use his Youth to better himself physically. Going through school he would keep a C average in his classwork, enough to keep him out of trouble but just about that. Pouring himself into physical training though allowed him to play and go into every sport. Tennis, Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball. You name it and he can play it.

As such his school life was pretty set in stone, eventually he gained admission to university through a scholarship. This was a short lived two-year excursion though as goofing off, partying, and generally not focusing on studying caused him to fail out. Dropping out never really seemed to bother him, usually commenting saying, “I want to live my life happily…books just were not where I found happiness.”

As such he decided that training would become his life. From the age of twenty to twenty-five Kain decided to go all out and focus on his training. Preparing for Ironman competitions. Once he hit twenty-five though he decided he had lived with his parents long enough as a freeloader. What this really meant was that he wanted to live on his own and do what he wanted as such he decided to move to California and become a diver and physical fitness trainer.

RP Sample:

Beep beep…beep beep…beep *click*

The rustling of sheets as he once again clicked off the alarm he set. It had been a long night…or early morning…whatever you wanted to call it. Kain slowly reaching out of the sheets stared lazily out the window. The light cascading down a soft yellow again the randomly assorted clothing accumulating on his floor. As Kain stared into the failures before him and sighed deeply…”I guess I need to do laundry at some point…”

As his body shifted into a sitting position he glanced to the window. The sun seemed…higher? Glancing over at the clock a flashing time of two thirty-six seemed to hammer into his head. “I…guess I missed a few appointments…huh…” He would need to call his regulars and make up some excuse. Rolling sideways to eventually fall to the floor, he began his morning ritual of stretching.

After stretching, showering, and eating Kain finally decided it was time to do his favorite thing. Quickly putting on his running shoes he swiftly locked up his apartment and began to run. Moving through the complex and eventually out onto the street he watched the hustle and bustle of the city. Running past the usual stores he would make his usual stops. ‘Mrs. Kelly needs help reaching the tall plants to water them, Mr. Gregor typically needs help stretching out his back after shipment. Connie will be opening up at five pm so I can go and assist while the waitress is sick…’

As Kain ran he felt a small awkward smile build up. “When I am going to have time for the customers I missed…” Well it would all work out…somehow.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quetz, give me a few to look over this a bit more, but I do have a few questions I need answered. First about his ability. How long does he need to watch the person using it to understand it. Second, how did him watching it confer mastery of said gift, is it on a practical, say
    "I know all the ins and outs of how it can be used, but I've never used it myself" kind of deal?

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How long can be up to you I personally just wanted a watch and learn ability. I think length should be decided on if it will be a combat ability or not I am fine with it either way.

By "mastery" what I mean is not my character learns and can use it or anything. What I took it to mean is Kain can infer excellent ways to use a gift and how to better utilize it. So in a sense your quote is sort of accurate in that it is a insight ability to understand how it works and what the limits could in theory be.

I am unsure if that explained my thoughts well enough or not so please let me know if I answered you or not.

Edit: I guess as an example someone saying "Hey I can produce and shoot water out of my body" I would watch them and more so understand, "Well actually you are just manipulating the moisture in the air and directing it" sort of thing. With that knowledge then we could work to say, "Instead of trying to learn how to produce more...we focus on moving the water in this river."

Seeing a gift from the correct angle...I suppose.
    Last edited by Quetzalcoatl; 11-08-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast