Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howling Under the Blood Moon [M-OOC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Recruiting Howling Under the Blood Moon [M-OOC]

[Rated M for mature language, possible gore, and adult themes]

Have you ever wondered why the moon turns red when it's full?

"There are secrets here my child. Secrets that must never be mentioned, to those who are not willing to listen."

Or why water is so hard to come by?

"Know this, if you turn we will not step up to pull you out of the darkness you have created."

Or why so many harvests fail?

"It's getting harder and harder to keep the world afloat isn't it? Why not just give in and sink along with it?"

Or why it's so cold and dark all the time?

"We have vowed to keep the peace between us all, animal and human, so why don't you understand that what you're doing is going to kill us all?!"

Or why the wind hardly blows anymore?

"I have to keep the peace between my people and make sure they live to see another day and I cannot do that if there is no one left!"

Here on this land, where the light of the full moon shines it's deepest red, there was a battle- no a war. A war that had bathed the dirt scarlet with blood of the fallen, and split the sky in four ways. If you listen closely, you can still hear the howls of wolves on the wind, and feel the constant shift of the elements- chaotic and ever turbulent. No life grows here- perhaps it is because the earth is too weak, or maybe it is out of respect for the fallen brothers and sisters of the forest-

And that's where the story ends.

Of course just an excerpt of an ancient legend. Nothing more than an old wives tale now. There isn't any proof of any kind of a war happening during that time. Especially one between wolves and humans. No records, no artifacts- nothing. The only beings that would even shed any truth to the story would be the wolves themselves, but we humans have wiped any trace of the few that had remained on this planet.

"Everything and everyone has a reason for being- existing. Nothing ends without a reason."

At least that's what the village crazy lady says, but no one believes her. She says she met a wolf once and that they had bonded and everything- even says that they can talk. She sounds so delusional, but the way she tells the story makes it seem so…real. A lot of the other villagers say I shouldn't associate with her, that "she's a witch," or "you'll catch her crazy too if you spend too much time with her," but I pay them no mind. Besides Magda's nice to me and I love her stories, they make me wonder what the world would be like if there were wolves.

Lately though strange things have been going on around the village…
    Late at night, when the moon is at its peak, howls can be heard in the distant fields. Deep growls and strange barks can also be heard in the woods as well. Several people have complained about something clawing up the sides of their houses and even a few of the trees. At first people thought it was the stray dogs acting up, or coyotes had moved in closer. That is until livestock have started to mysteriously disappear, even some of the local village strays have come up missing. Some of the shepherds and farmers have even claimed to see what looked like a large dogs wandering around the outskirts.

Is it possible that the wolves have returned? Or did they ever really leave?

A long time ago there were four packs that lived among one another in peace. All packs lived in secrecy from humans, afraid that if they show themselves they would be hunted down. Of course they weren't just your average wolves. No, these wolves bore a mark or markings that represented the elements that their clan was associated with. The alphas of each pack did their best to maintain the peace and stability within their own ranks as well as their neighbors. But there was one wolf that did not believe in the teachings of the alphas. He believed that hiding away like cowards and keeping the secrets of the land to themselves wouldn't benefit their way of life. The pack leaders never paid heed to the wolf's ideas of coming out of hiding and interacting with humans. His beliefs were the kinds of dangers that would collapse the very existence of their civilization thus leading the elements to fall out of balance.

Having enough of being ignored the wolf defected from his pack and cut ties with all he as ever known, but he was no fool and he was not alone. He had gathered many followers and they all followed, leaving his pack with only half of what it used to be. He was known for having vast amounts of knowledge and a silver tongue. Some called him a master manipulator, some the voice of reason, and others called him just plain crazy. To bring his ideals to fruition he started a pack of his own- a pack with no name, for the wolves that belonged to this pack were "free". It didn't take long for word to spread between clans and the growth of this free pack grew, until they stared believing that their rule was absolute and they could roam anywhere they pleased without consequence.

And with that belief began the interaction with the humans. The secrets of the earth had begun to fall into the wrongs hands and wolves of the other four packs were being hunted down left and right. The alpha's were alarmed and the peace they once had was starting to crumble before them. With things as they were there was one pack that was becoming desperate. Only more than a quarter of their members remained and in order to keep the remaining members safe the alpha's abandoned their name and started running with the free wolves.

With a former clan and more pack mates becoming free, the secrets of the earth were quickly being revealed to the humans, thus killing off many more wolves. At this point, both humans and free wolves were starting to grow hungry with power, and blood between opposing forces was starting to shed; signaling the start of war….underneath the blood red moon.

But maybe it's just a prank from the older boys. They are always known for causing mischief within the village. They're probably doing it to tease me, since I hang around Magda so much. But no one really knows how the war ended and the only humans that could have lived to tell the tale are long gone…….right?

"The age of man will soon be no more, as I will bring forth a new era of wolves..."

The war was never really over.

Spoiler: Frozen Waters Territory 

Spoiler: Ignited Flame Territory 

Spoiler: Earth Mates Territory 

Spoiler: Ravens Wind Territory 

Spoiler: Available Roles 

Spoiler: Rules & Skeletons 

- - - Updated - - -

I will have pics up as soon as I can figure out why they aren't uploading.
    Spoiler: Signature 

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Luminous Heaven!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I will once again express my interest, however the next few weeks will be busy for me so I will check in when I am back. Hope there is interest!
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hey, that's no biggie. Thanks again for sharing your interest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

B u M p

Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Still interested, will make a character if some others jump on.
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sounds like a plan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

B u M p

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Newbie

I am brand new to all this. Interested in playing, if you'll have me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would love to have you join.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast