Thread: M - The Mystery of Moonflower Mine - SouthernBelle & Pyro OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    KNIGHTS, fanfiction, superpowers, mystery, psychological
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default M - The Mystery of Moonflower Mine - SouthernBelle & Pyro OOC

----------------------------------------------------------

North Central Arizona, 1850's

The Gold Rush has captivated early America, and many begin their trek westward to seek their fortune. This leads to the creation of "boomtowns", or towns that spring up near sources of employment (mines, oil fields, railroad site, etc.) and rapidly develop into bustling communities. One such town is Moonflower, Arizona, named for its high population of moonflowers. The town was founded by a small group of people who make their home together just outside the town's borders, near one of the state's few lush forests. The townsfolk think this group slightly odd, as they are not a blood related family, but they have done so much for the town's prosperity and welfare that it is nothing more than a passing thought. The townsfolk are right to think them odd, however, as this family is actually a pack of lycanthropes - werewolves. Strange things have only just begun to happen to this small mining town, and lycans are the very least of the townspeople's worries.

--------------------------------------

Spoiler: Character Skeleton 
    Misty day, remains of the Judgement...

Fantasy, ie shifters, werewolves, vamps, etc. Or Westerns, most any in general
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name: Sola Johnson

Pronouns: she/her

Brief History: She was not born as a lycan but was turned when her town was attacked. After roaming for years she slowly built her own pack since her alpha nature kept her from joining any others. When they found the forest in Arizona they made it their home. When the boom hit and more people started coming west the town was built for trade never knowing how it would grow.

The pack grew fond of the tow. And watched out for it watching how it grew and flourished.

Extra: Sola will do anything to protect her pack. To protect their secret. She feels almost as strong about the town, it is like an extension of her pack to her.

Appearance: https://www.deviantart.com/desomerph...ater-603527358 but without the paint.

Her wolf form: https://www.deviantart.com/wildfotog...wolf-138159289
    Last edited by SouthernBelle; 07-24-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name: Felix Ezra Holt

Pronouns: He/him

Brief History: Felix was born in Boston, Massachusetts to a family of grocers. He grew up comfortable, but by no means wealthy. In his teens, Felix took up work in his family's store, but longed for adventure. Once he turned 21, Felix decided to strike out on his own and travel westward to seek fame and fortune in the golden hills of California. Despite his name, however, he proved terribly unlucky at every turn, and found his journey constantly delayed, be it by storms, misreading the map, or his horse spooking during the night and disappearing with half his gear. Finally, Felix has made it to Moonflower and decided to settle for the time being, given how long his journey has already been and that Moonflower does have its own gold mine. He has been living in town for only a month and things seem to be looking up for him.

Extra: Felix is incredibly awkward and his words often come out wrong. He is a bit clumsy physically as well, usually sporting bruises from tripping or bumping into things. During his long journey west, he picked up some frontier first aid skills, but is by no means a doctor.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sorry for the delay! Intro post is up!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Not a problem. Trust me I understand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Something I hadn't really put much thought in before, but do we want the murders to be supernatural as in creature based or human occult meddling? I'm going to throw in the first murder relatively soon so I want to have an idea ready for that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That is a good question. Either is fine though supernatural will pull the pack into it a lot faster and make it harder for them to track who it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Work in progress but I'm doing a playlist for my boy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That is awesome!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I had a few ideas about the plot if they're cool with you. First, since I noticed Sola and Felix have not made eye contact yet, maybe that will be an important moment of bonding between them when they meet in the woods later. Like they both get a strange gut feeling they don't understand yet or something like that. I am living for the slow burn so far, by the way.

The other thing was that I've been researching Arizona myths and legends and most of the creatures are kind of...dumb. Like lizard men living in the foothills and really big bats kind of dumb. I did find that the creepypasta character The Rake has some appearances in Arizona and it's probably the scariest monster I've found out of everything, despite being a creepypasta. I know how to write horror, so I think I can work with it. If you'd prefer, I can make up another creature instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast