Thread: (IC) True Madness :: Alice vs. Justine (CrimsonLady180 & Lady Celeste)

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Default (IC) True Madness :: Alice vs. Justine (CrimsonLady180 & Lady Celeste)

STARRING...

CrimsonLady180 as...

{{COMING SOON}}

Lady Celeste as...

{{COMING SOON}}
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

"Ah, there you are Alice! Come on in..."

Nan Sharpe collected Alice's coat and hung it on the rack for her, then closed the door. The former nanny turned prostitute had gone through quite the transformation since their new benefactor had whisked the two of them off to France, and it clearly showed in her appearance and demeanor. For one thing, the near-constant black eye from her previous profession had all but faded now, and while her simple black dress and apron were by no means indicative of the upper class, the higher neckline alone certainly afforded her more dignity than what might have been expected of her not too long ago in London.

"You're a bit early, it turns out. Doctor's in his study talking with some noble bloke." Nan said briefly. "But enough about that. How've you been, dear?"
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 08-04-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Thank you, Nan. It seems I could of taken a bit more to myself getting here... The adjusting is still taking some time, but I believe that I'm taking them in stride considering the circumstances," Alice replied softly taking in the waiting area that she was slowly becoming accustomed to with each visit. France felt a little less dreary than the streets of London, not as many "mad" people as she was used to so far. Perhaps in time Alice could work out the destruction of her Wonderland with Dr. Fournier unlike Bumby... The thought of that man still made her skin crawl wishing she could of done more than helped him catch his train. Alice decided it was the time to be lost in thought as she returned her attention to Nan.

"So how have you been, Nan? I assume France is treating you well, and it is thanks to you that I can get along better since you taught me french. I think I'll go use the loo for a moment before Doctor returns for me. Excuse me for a moment," Alice gave her a small smile that she was slowly becoming the norm. She walked over into the bathroom using the facilities, but after she was finishing up Alice stopped to look at herself in the mirror. It looked as if another girl was looking back at her, the refection showed a well dressed young woman with her hair combed neatly with her pale skin having a little more lively tone unlike what she was used to. The bland clothing that loosely clung to her frame and unruly black hair which made her already pale skin look almost grey tented, she could still that girl was still deep within her green eyes. The one feature about her that never seemed to change were those eyes of hers.

With a sigh to herself Alice was making her way back to the waiting room when she passed Dr. Fournier's study. It seemed he was still talking to another person, "perhaps the noble is still here...," Alice wonder aloud as her natural curiosity was peaked. She settled on taking just a quick peek before heading back to waiting room. Alice knelled by the door peeking through the keyhole to catch a bit of the conversation before returning to Nan.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

The noble was indeed still there, his fine - if somewhat old-fashioned - attire clearly displaying considerable wealth, and his well-kept blond hair and mustache hiding much of the grey hairs that should have been there given his apparent age. He sat opposite from Dr. Fournier, and if not for the latter’s lack of a mustache, more visibly aged appearance, and visibly calmer expression at the current moment, they could easily have been mistaken for mirror images.

“I want nothing less than for that girl to be locked up.” The noble insisted in French, his stiff composure giving sway to emotion.

“Understandably so, Monsieur Racine.” Dr. Fournier responded, also in French. “Every father’s instinct is to protect his child, and in this case I sincerely believe your fears are justified.”

“Then you have a diagnosis for her?” Monsieur Racine said hopefully. “Some grounds to keep her away from Aloļs?”

“There may be one.” Dr. Fournier said, reaching into his desk and giving Monsieur Racine an old newspaper. “As it happens, Monsieur, your son may not have been Mademoiselle Florbelle‘s only victim. If my sources are correct, she was seeing at least two other men around the same time she and Aloļs began their relationship. Both of them have also been missing for quite some time, and one in particular...” He trailed off as he looked down at the paper, which Monsieur Racine was already reading intently.

“It’s an outrage!” Monsieur Racine said, angrily throwing the paper on the desk, but then his anger faded to despair as he struggled to fight back tears. “My Aloļs... how could you not see?”

“Her late father was once my colleague, and his fascination with the human mind passed on to her in some respects. I have little reason to doubt she could manipulate the mind however she sees fit, and your son’s genuine love would have given her the perfect leverage.” Dr. Fournier mused. “Nevertheless, this hypersexuality and predisposition for troublemaking has all the classic makings of hysteria, and the severity of this particular case poses far too much of a threat to society.”

“Then you can have her locked up? Surely all of this is sufficient grounds to do so.” Monsieur Racine asked hopefully.

“Yes.” Dr. Fournier said solemnly. “It pains me to say it, having been a friend of the Florbelle family for many years. But my duties to society must take priority.” With that, he handed Monsieur Racine another folded up paper. “Here are the full details of my findings should you wish to review them, and I am prepared to testify in court if necessary.”

“Excellent! I’ll contact the Chief of Police straight away.” Monsieur Racine stood up, smiling now for the first time in this entire conversation.

“Monsieur, if I may make a suggestion...” Dr. Fournier said, waiting for a nod from Monsieur Racine before continuing. “The Florbelle family have many connections in Calais, including among the local police. It may be best to instead contact the Sūreté Nationale directly.”

Monsieur Racine nodded soberly in realization, but hearing that recommendation pleases him all the more as he reached to shake Dr. Fournier’s hand.

“My wife was right to hire you. Merci beaucoup, Docteur!”

The two said their goodbyes as Dr. Fournier approached the door and proceeded to open it.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 08-11-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Alice listen quietly only shifting for a moment not to hurt her legs in the position she started in, "Curiouser and curiouser... Seems like I'm not the only madden mind in France," she muttered to herself mildly intrigued by the thought that someone may be madder than she was. That is if what the men were saying was to be true. The thought of it stirred something inside her that she couldn't quite put her finger on an explanations for this feeling, it was something deeper than her usual curiosity. Once the conversation began to wrap up Alice rose from her spot and returned to the waiting area.

"Sorry I took so long, Nan. Decided to clean myself up a bit while I was in there so I could look more presentable. At any rate do we have any plans for tonight?" Alice asked as she took a seat to wait for the doctor to return and retrieve her for their session.