The Stray Dog

For a while in the town that you live in, there has been a stray dog problem. A whole pack of strays roam the city, and they are very aggressive towards humans, causing those who are seen to be shot. Dogs are not captured and taken to the pound in this city. The leader of the stray dog packs is said to be ruthless, and willing to kill a human to defend his pack.

The Stray Dog’s POV

My name is InuYasha. I am the alpha of the stray dog pack that roams this human city. It smells of human filth, but we have no choice but it live here as the humans destroyed our forestland to build their own world. To make matters worse, the humans shoot us on sight. Some of those that were shot make it out with their lives, but most of them die from infection or the moment the bullet went into their bodies. I am willing to sacrifice myself to defend my packmates. Oh, I forgot to mention something. We are wolf and dog shifters, but we rarely show our human form to anyone.

Human’s POV

These dogs. They have been a nuisance since humans first built this city. That’s what I have always been told. But somehow, I can't bring myself to believe that. I mean, dogs are a man's best friend, so I am a firm believer that they are no bad dogs, only bad owners. So, instead of shooting them, can we tame them?

You come home from work one night. On your way home you spot a white wolf lying on the road, injured after being hit by a car. You pull over, get out of your car and see that the wolf is still alive. You are tempted to call the game warden, but you decide not to. You pick up the unconscious wolf and bring him to your house. You put him in the barn, and the next morning, the wolf is gone. Instead, there’s a human with black hair on all fours, snarling at you. What will you do?