Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Love on the battlefield(M)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, romance, thriller. Really any! :D
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

After hearing him agree not to attack, Novali feels relief wash over her body. They had entered a truce, and she definitely did not plan on being the one to break it. She returns to her seat at the edge of the pond, watching Kolvar return to his perch on the rock. She still doesn't trust him, and while trying relax, finds she is still on edge and is unable to let her guard down even slightly.

She finds herself sneaking glances at him while trying to find some peace, and admiring his athletic build. He looked like a talented fighter. She would definitely have to train herself better if the elves army had fighters like him. She'd probably forget by the time she got home, finding she'd have something else to do instead of train.

The fairy gently removes her shoes and places her feet into the clear water while still sitting at the edge of the pond, enjoying the cooling sensation of the water against her skin. She could see why the elf liked it here, it was definitely a lot more peaceful here than in the midst of the bustling cities of either group. She felt her braid coming lose, so she pulled her hair over her shoulder and undid the braid, beginning to braid her hair again.

Assassin in the Shadows SecretShadows's Avatar
    Action, fantasy, romance, adventure, anything keeping it interesting.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kolvar found it rather hard getting any peace of mind while reading, way to ready to attack with danger now so close to him. He sighs a little before taking a deep breath and just trying to calm down, after all she only wanted peace too so why feel so bothered and jumpy? He shook his head trying to clear his head.

His eyes just danced over the words of the book he held in his hand, he stil couldn't relax even a little bit and then just gave up trying so placed the book down and stood up. He walked over towards the water where he took off his shirt before just jumping in, the cold weather now feeling a lit better then trying to relax on a rock. Just turning onto his back to float around in the deep water while watching the sky above, slowly glancing over at the fairy whi herself seemed to play in the water with her feet.

Perhaps it was peaceful even with her here, she seemed a bit troubled with peace herself and he knew the reason since it was the same for himself. Groaning softly before he forced himself to speak: "So, it's a beautiful day out today isnt it?" He tried breaking this uncomfortable silance and vibe going through the air.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The fairy warily watched Kolvar approach the water, wondering what he was doing. She continued to braid her long hair quietly, moving her feet in circles underneath the water. Suddenly, she heard a splash and saw that he had jumped into the water. Her eyes followed him as he floated around, and she accidentally made eye contact with him. She returned to staring at her feet, mindlessly braiding her hair and soon finishing the braid, flipping her hair back over her shoulder.

She heard a soft groan and her eyes darted back over to him, making eye contact again with him as he began to speak. Hearing him ask such an awkward question almost made her laugh. "I guess," She mumbles, worried about talking with him. If someone were to catch them she could get in a lot of trouble with the rest of the fairies. Definitely loss of her job and possibly prison time. She knew the higher-ups in the territory didn't want fairies talking to elves even in battle. She would be considered a traitor.

She shook those thoughts out of her mind. She had trouble finding this area, so most other fairies would. She was safe. She decided to ask a question of her own that would begin a hopefully longer conversation: "What book were you reading? Was it any good?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kolvar knew well that he shouldn't be talking to this fairy, but her sweet voice just answered his question got him up from floating all the way to swimming just so that he could look at her. This could cause him some real big problems of they were caught but for now he just wanted peace, only way to get it I'd to befriend this fairy in some way. Maybe talking would do just that.

"Ah, just a book about a man returning to his home from war, guess it's an odd thing to read during a war but its nice seeing some of them actually end, you know like the end of a war and you get to go home and live peacefully type of stuff... I found it good, but honestly I should change my styles I like reading." He softly chuckled after that.

Soon he was swimming closer until he was just a few meters away in the water, watching her while he asked: "Do you enjoy reading as well?" Wondering if she reads due to the question she had asked him. Most likely nod since people in the modern world could find it rather old fashioned but nothing beats the smell of some actual paper in your hands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"This war honestly feels endless..." Novali murmurs, sighing dejectedly. "Sounds like a good book to escape the harsh reality of the times. It's nice to think this war will end someday." She notices Kolvar has begun to swim versus continuing to float. "Why do you think you should change the type of books you like? You're free to enjoy any type of book that's written."

She continues moving her feet about in the water idly, also noticing him swimming closer to her. She didn't want to get in trouble with the authorities by making peace with an enemy. She was supposed to be attacking him, but she strangely couldn't feel an urge to. At all.

"Yeah, I like to read. Don't get much time to since my hands are full at home and I'm always on military duty when I'm not at home." She smiled. "Getting lost in a paperback book was my favorite pass-time before I was drafted into the military."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kolvar let's put a soft sigh as he watched her and soon replied: "Yes the war does feel endless, it's annoying but sadly also reality." He started swimming gently through the waters just letting it calm him as he listened to her speak to which he replied: "Perhaps, but I should change my obsession of always reading something that seems to have a past war or even current one in it, it only causes my mind to think about war, I do however wonder, what happens when this war ends? What then? I was born during war and know only that, so has it been going on that long because people dont know what ti do without it around?" Mostly senseless questions he just thought out loud.

He watched the fairy, she was clearly also in the military as she spoke about her duties there. Even so he didn't see her as a threat and only continued his gentle movements through the water before saying: "I see, I am glad I am not the only one left enjoying the old fashioned reading of books in this modern world... people enjoy their phones and tablets a lot more for reading if they eve read at all."

Chuckling a little before he returned to floating in the water, parting his lips as he spoke: "Well, what types of books do you enjoy reading?" This seemed to be a rather safe topic to talk about, even when he shouldn't be befriending an enemy like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Things will probably be boring once the war ends.. The only good thing about this ridiculous war is that it keeps me on my toes, I never know what's going to happen next..." Novali drawls, a small yawn escaping her lips. She flutters her wings tiredly as she ceases the movement of her feet in the water.

"Books are a magnificent thing, they hold important historical tales. So even if technology continues advancing we can never truly remove books from our lives," The fairy finds herself sharing more and more of her opinions with this elf she shouldn't be socializing with. However, she finds the quiet conversation quite relaxing.

"I never truly had a preference, whatever book I could get as a child I enjoyed. I do enjoy educating myself on the histories of various civilizations. The history of the fairies is quite a bore.."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kolvar watched the fairy and then sighs a bit saying: "That is very true, it has kept everyone on their feet and somehow I think a lot perhaps even fear the end of the war, because if that reason of what comes after? Either way it's nothing pleasant either so I do wish for an end to finally happen." His green eyes glancing at her before he just enjoyed the water in peace now, he could feel himself calming down with this relaxed discussion.

Smiling faintly the elf slowly floated around ones more and then said: "I do hope you are correct with that one, after all not many people read books anymore but it is something truly special I find." He had quite the love for books at times and being able to share that to someone was rather pleasant too, even if this was one of the enemy.

"Ah I see, so you enjoy more historical tails of creatures, well if you ever wanted one going into elves a bit more just let me know, we already got a bunch, but I find them rather boring as well so not sure if you would enjoy them." Kolvar said while softly letting out a chuckle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12