Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (M) A Curse Unbroken (Holeypaladin and Southernbelle7)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, ie shifters, werewolves, vamps, etc. Or Westerns, most any in general
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sola stopped before heading closer to the house. She turned to face the knight. Her face was blank as she regarded him. If he thought that her pack was weak without a male alpha then he would be sorely mistaken. She knew that was a common theory amongst those that knew of their species.

“No, there is not a male alpha. He is the reason that the pack is mute,” she couldn’t hold back the growl that laced her words. “It is his fault we are in the position that we are in. We do not need him, or any other male alpha. One alpha is more than enough for a pack. Piper is my Beta. She is my second, though I have a feeling you know what a beta is. So what she says goes, unless it directly contradicts something I say. She is also the only other one here that you will be able to communicate with.”

She turned and walked the rest of the way to Piper noticing that the knight held back. She respected the space that he gave them. Knowing she would need to fill Piper in on everything that had occurred. Along with the fact that they now had a human guest that she wasn’t quite sure what they were going to do with.

“I take it didn’t go well,” Piper nodded towards Visorn as she shifted Laney in her arms.

“They had her in the pillories,” Sola replied anger filling her again.

“Is anyone in that town still alive? I don’t smell death, so I’ll assume they are,” Piper glanced towards Visorn again.

“They’re alive, least the ones that survived the attack,” Sola shook her head. “He is going to be staying with us for a while. Least until I figure out what the hell to do with him. He volunteered as tribute for what they did to Laney.”

“Really?” Piper furrowed her eyebrows a little. “This is not the best time for there to be any strangers here. You know what will happen ….”

“I am well aware of how close it’s getting,” Sola snapped before stepping past her. “Get him settled in. I’m going to take Laney to her parents.”
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Piper watched as Sola walked into the mansion before walking towards the knight.

“I don’t know if Sola said who I was or not, but my name is Piper, I’ll help get you settled in,” she motioned towards the door. “If you will follow me.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Despite the fact that he had allowed this woman to take him captive, the highly defensive response to his question about the male alpha told the knight that she still very much considered him to be a threat. Admittedly, it was quite wise of her to think so, as even without any visible weapons, the Arcane Knight was far more dangerous than he appeared. Perhaps the reputation of the Empire's knights proceeded him, as he needed no introduction to be considered a threat in the eyes of the alpha female.

"As you say," he responded, though he knew it to be true that despite her insistence... the woman's tribe was quite clearly weakened by the lack of alpha male... more so in that the previous alpha was apparently responsible for whatever curse it was that rendered the majority of the tribe mute. He watched as Sola approached the woman named Piper, observing the exchange between them. Judging by what he saw and heard, it seemed the beta was somewhat surprised that Sola hadn't gone homicidal on the human peasants. He took it to mean his efforts were not in vain.

He glanced at the rather shapely rear end of the alpha as she walked into the mansion, then shifted his gaze to the other lycanthrope as she approached. He gave the woman a nod, replying, "You're the second in command, yes," he remarked. "Sola calls my Visorn." As she directed him towards the door, he began to follow her as directed, showing no resistance.

He wasn't entirely sure what to make of this Piper girl. He had come with the intention of helping the Laney girl, but Sola had shown herself to be a proud woman, unwilling to ask for outside assistance, and tight-lipped about the curse afflicting her tribe. Perhaps the Beta would be a bit more... cordial. There was no harm in probing her a bit, at least.

"So, Piper," he said after this moment of silent thought. "What can you tell me about the curse that has afflicted your tribe? Perhaps I can be of some small assistance."

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12