Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M | IC | Roses on Sullied Hands | Dire Hoef x Luminous Heaven

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He begins his breakfast as well at that.

"So what did you have planned for today?"

"An exhaustive list I am realizing. Immediately after this breakfast I must speak with my guardsmen concerning recent reports of Nighthaunts leaking into the northern borderlands. After that it's tending to the people of the various villages that surround this estate, ensuring that their worries are met with assurances that their homes will not succumb to the Abyss. After that it is sending letters via crow to the neighboring houses in hopes that one of them will send aid in the coming wave. I have sent couriers a few days prior, but they have not returned with anything worthwhile. It appears the other houses are content with keeping to themselves to avoid any 'unnecessary losses.' Fools the lot of them. They do not seem to understand the threat these creatures pose to the wider kingdom.. Hell, two kingdoms have succumbed to the Abyss, all because their own administrations crumbled under the weight of their own hubris. It's like they do not understand what kind of hellish abominations stalk the wildlands!"

He gives a huff at that. "After that there is another defense meeting concerning the appearance of the Ripper, a supposed homicidal humanoid with mystical capabilities. Apparently, it was last spotted Beebluff to the east; a short day's ride from here. I plan on sending men to investigate, but I am hesitant seeing as magical beasts are something to not be trifled with. And to end the day, is simply upkeep to ensure our lands are sufficiently stocked before winter arrives. As my father, and his father's father, has said, 'The winters bring forth the ailments of the world in its greatest horror.'" He seems deathly serious at this point, giving a thousand yard stare that only a man hardened by war would make.

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To hear that his list was this extensive was a bit of a shock and it was a lot for one person to do all on their own. The way he explained things made it seem that it would take several days to complete, but that only ensures that every thing run smoothly and the other house heads didn't give him any unnecessary stress.Quite frankly she herself was a bit irate at how the situation was being treated by the other houses. It was like they could not, or did not want to wrap their heads around the fact that the threat was growing closer and closer every day that they stayed idle, and if they didn’t change their attitudes then they were definitely going to have 'unnecessary losses' but on a much grander scale.

Finishing her tea,Faun wiped her mouth before speaking up once more. "Well why don't you handle everything that is happening on the outside and defense. As lady of the house I will take care of the internal affairs and reaching out to the other houses for aide and stocking our lands. It will not bode well for you to run yourself ragged my dragon." "I may not know much when it comes to anything militant, for I am still learning- persuasion and diplomacy however, I was born for it. As for that mystical beast I'd suggest sending a meister and a mage along with the party."
    Spoiler: Signature 

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"Well why don't you handle everything that is happening on the outside and defense. As lady of the house I will take care of the internal affairs and reaching out to the other houses for aide and stocking our lands. It will not bode well for you to run yourself ragged my dragon."

He moved to speak, but she continues.

"I may not know much when it comes to anything militant, for I am still learning- persuasion and diplomacy however, I was born for it. As for that mystical beast I'd suggest sending a meister and a mage along with the party."

He grumbled a bit at the piece of advice, knowing that she was right after all. "Yes. As Lady of the House, I will defer those items to you. As for that mystical beast, I will see what the lands may offer. I will set up posts seeking a meister and mage. Hopefully, with enough gold, we can secure someone. But I fear that even they might not be enough.."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"But I fear that even they might not be enough.."

"Yes but they're better at discerning magic and the effects they have on us." Taking in the last bite of her eggs, Faun filled her plate with fruit, before adding. "Please do not be too upset with me, I only wish to ease your burdens- if only a little."

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"Please do not be too upset with me, I only wish to ease your burdens- if only a little."

"I am not. That was not how I was raised. I am a man of integrity. If I am wed to a woman, I will treat her as such; political ties or not." He took a pitcher filled with milk and poured it into his goblet, before he took a small sip. He gave a stiff smile, having glanced over to her to assure her of such things.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"I am not. That was not how I was raised. I am a man of integrity. If I am wed to a woman, I will treat her as such; political ties or not."

Faun smiled back before going back to her fruit, enjoying the last of her breakfast. Once she finished she wiped her mouth again and stood from the table. "If you'll excuse me my lord, there's much to be done and I'd like to get started. I'll see you tonight in our bed chambers." With that she, along with her handmaidens left the dining hall to get a start on her half of the list.

"Right, first things first I've got letters to write, so it's off to the library. Saris, Elise, please be so kind as to bring me the past letters the crows delivered."

"Yes, right away my lady."

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

And at that, Alduin was left to his lonesome.

He contemplated his next action as he finished up his own meal, and made way for the war room.

He walked through the vacant halls, with two guardsmen at his heels. "What's the report on the northern border?

"We've been able to erect small forward posts to monitor any changes in the corruption, but as of right now we haven't received word of anything. We can assume nothing has changed."

"Yes, but we are to remain ever vigilant for the Nighthaunts are cunning creatures. Send word for the Marshal and my Advisor. We shall a hold a war council."

"Yes my lord."

A guardsman splits off a headed down a different hallway, the guardsman that remained kept walking at Alduin's side just as the two of them reached his war room.

In this war room there lay all sorts of treasures from previous campaigns as well as a semi-detailed map of the Kingdom of Britannia and the world as perceived from this table where the map sits. And there, towards the north-west of Britannia's borders laid House Domme's land. However, directly north of that is a growing splotch of black labeled "Abyss."

Alduin, after having taken a moment to look over the map, began to set pieces up; preparing for the meeting based on previous information of which has not changed accordingly.

After that, the Marshal as well as the Adviser stepped in, the double doors having closed behind them. "Good. Timely as ever Marshal Corren and Adviser Daymar."

"It is a pleasure my lord." Corren Bowed stiffly.

"Yes. We shan't miss something like this." Daymar gave a calming nod.

"Yes. Shall we begin?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Pacing around the room slowly, Faun began thinking of what to write if the past responses should fail to spark any good debates. She had to think carefully and figure out a common denominator that would appease all houses. The Nighthaunts should be the answer, but for some reason they couldn't- or rather they wouldn't unite under a common enemy. Perhaps they were in denial about the impending doom they were all facing? Or maybe they thought her husband a fool- a hero that's gone through one war too many and conjuring up a battle to keep his mind occupied. She couldn't help but sigh to herself 'Men, so complicated, yet so simple...'

Just as she sat down Elise and Saris returned with the letters and fresh ink and parchment. She thanked them and sent them on their way as she began writing. It looked like she would have to snap the lords out of their collective denial with proof of the Northern enemies influence. It's a good thing she kept up her habit of frequenting taverns, it keep her well of knowledge relevant and updated and boy did it runneth over. Picking up a letter from house Grisha Faun read it over carefully 'unnecessary losses...not enough soldiers to send...' from her understanding Grisha was the second largest military house in all of Britannia, producing soldiers left and right. Back when she was a child she remembered hearing that they even made slaves into soldiers. The only thing holding them back their water supply.

Ever since the dark magic of the Nighthaunts began, so did Britannia's suffering. First it was the crop shortage of house Tannis. Their crops suddenly started dying out and she remembered her father sending food and seeds every five months to keep the fed. Then house Ulric's heir suddenly fell ill and died, but apparently he was taken by the Nighthaunts. So it was no surprise to Faun when she learned the house Grisha's water supply had started to "go bad". They've had to have water imported from house Lestle just to keep things running. So if they didn't listen to reason then she had no other choice than to make them listen to proof.

'Lord Ricther and Lady Morgana of house Grisha, please I implore you to reconsider your decision about not sending aide....'

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"As I've been told recently, there has been no changes to the northern borders. Which means, the situation there has remained unchanged. The Nighthaunts are steadily growing in influence, but have not expedited their expansion. This will give us enough time to appropriately marshal our forces for the coming Wave. Marshal Corren, are our men battle-ready?"

"Yes. However, we have recently experienced a shortage in supplies. So a long-term campaign is out of the question."

"I see. Then we will have to end the Wave shortly and swiftly. In the meantime, we can assume that we have the attrition?"

"If this wave is like the others, then yes. We would only have to last two or three bells at most."

He gave a stiff nod to that. "Right. Then we shall begin preparations at once, be swift."

She gave a nod to this.

"Next is dealing with this Ripper creature. I'm sure you're aware Adviser Daymar?"

"Quite so. It is actually the talk of the region among house circles. The other lords and ladies are scared helpless by this ferocious creature."

"My wife had suggested we find mages and meisters to take care of this issue. Is this the correct action?"

"If we want to avoid losses on our side trying to kill this creature, then it would most certainly be the most pertinent and safe option."

He pondered this for a few moments before acknowledging this. "Then we shall post this task to the local boards in all the taverns across the region. If we cannot gather the necessary individuals for this task, then we will have no choice but to deal with it ourselves. We will wait until after the Wave to see what may come of this venture."

Corren and Daymar collectively bow.

"That shall conclude the defense meeting. You both have your duties, now act on them posthaste."

Daymar bowed while Corren saluted, both having left after that.

When left alone, he began to pace around the war room. His thoughts transfixed on these martial affairs. He stared out the window into the day. He narrowed his eyes on the horizon knowing that the true war was on lingering just beyond the horizon. He felt them. The gnashing teeth, and hungry eyes. He saw them firsthand, the war waged by his lineage.. A solitary war that none of the other houses even wished to participate in.

"Hmph. If they will not fight on behalf of humanity, then I will deal with them myself."

After that there came a knock where a ranger, of sorts, stepped in and presented themselves. "My lord."

Alduin looked over his shoulder at the ranger. "You may speak."

"Yes my lord. I have come with reports from the Ranger Corps."

Alduin's brows raised at the sound and he immediately turned to face the ranger. "Speak."

The ranger nods, "We have received word that there appears to be a pack of Runewolves moving through the eastern lands, as well as possible sightings of undeath..."

Alduin was a bit in shock at this. "Have you sent for hunters and battle-clerics?"

The ranger shook his head, "We wanted your word first before making a decision."

"Then do just that. The Wave is close is at hand, we cannot spare a single guardsmen. Go. Now!"

The ranger nodded and sprinted out.

Alduin leaned on the table-map, and sighed heavily. "It's just one hell after another..."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She had spent the better part of the afternoon writing to all houses that had previously rejected their call for aide and to her homeland and a couple of their allies for help in keeping house Domme's land sufficiently stocked for the incoming wave and winter as well. Finishing off the lunch the Saris brought up to her lady Domme sealed off each letter and handed them over to another maid to get them sent off immediately.

"Elise, please alert Sir Alden and Sir Effret that I am going into town and would like for them to accompany me."

"Yes my lady."

"Saris, please fetch my hood and bring it down to the stables, I'll join you all shortly."

"At once madam."

At that Faun made her way to the war room, hoping to discuss a little with Alduin at what she wrote since he hadn't had a chance to read them. It was a bit a ways from where she had been previously, but it surprisingly didn't take too long for her to reach the the war room. The soldiers standing outside the double doors nodding in acknowledgement, before letting her through. Upon her entry she noticed her lord staring intently at the map with furrowed brows and a half eaten lunch by his side. "Alduin? How fares the news on your end?" From the look on his face she could tell it wasn't good and as she approached she could only pray that it wasn't any worse than terrible.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast