Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: M | IC | Roses on Sullied Hands | Dire Hoef x Luminous Heaven

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He sighed heavily as he relaxed slightly.

"Just one. House Grisha. Your words have melted their hearts, and are willing to send aid before the Wave arrives. As for the others, I have not received anything worthwhile."

He leaned forward, leaning on his perched hands. He looked forward, deep in thought about the veiled threats from the other surrounding houses. He could almost feel their fear, it was pungent and reviled.

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Faun noticed his far off stare as she began eating her lunch. She could easily tell there was more to the story than he was letting on. "Only House Grisha? That's rather peculiar. Were we threatened my dragon?" This outcome was to be expected of course, but she hadn't anticipated only one house coming to aide. She expected at the very least two- three if the gods decided to bless her.
    Spoiler: Signature 

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He only sighed at the question.

"It's pathetic, really. Aside from the Grishas, we are on our own."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"That is...most unfortunate." Things didn't seem to be working in their favor and if they kept going in this manner then there was no telling how long the Domme household would last.

"Where would you like to go from here?"

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"I don't know." He said as he thought about the question. He honestly wasn't sure how to approach this situation. There were so many variables to account for, and trying to account for all of them would only result in wasted resources. He was well and truly stumped.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Faun hummed in thought, trying to wreck her brain for a possible solution. She had eyes all over, but so far none had returned word and being confined to this room meant she couldn't go to her usual alcove of information. Were they truly out of options? The both of them were left in silence for only a short moment when there was a knock at the door and a knight entered.

"My lord!! Ah my lady, apologies- my lord there has been a breach on our eastern front and more runewolves have started crossing the border!"

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He sighed as he gave Faun a stiff nod, and stood up from his chair. He turned to the knight, with a deathly serious look; the flames of war reigniting in his soul. "Mobilize. Send word to all garrisons to brace for a possible incursion. Lock down the estate, we will handle this situation swiftly and promptly. Post haste!" He immediately sprinted out the room and down the hall towards the armory.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Everything was happening so fast and it left Faun to wonder if the Nighthaunts had something completely different planned. She had just finished her lunch when there was another knock at the door. But this knock seemed to be coded- first three, then two slow, two fast, a pause, and a final knock. Putting her tray aside she got up and went to answer the door.

"Returning, or sent?"

"Returning."

Opening the door Faun revealed no one there. The halls were empty save for a small box at the foot of her door. Humming in curiosity she picked up and brought it inside her room, closing and locking the door in the process. The box was rather plain, besides the fact it was tied with an orange string. It seemed her contact had worked fast on gathering information about the captured runewolf. She opened the box to find two small viles, a lock of fur blue fur, and a letter. Just as she was going to open the letter a third knock startled her out of it.

"Y-Yes?"

"Milady, it is I sir Johannes, I am here to take you to a safer facility as per Lord Domme's request."

Something about the situation seemed a bit off. What was safer than where she already was? Her room was central, four stories high, no balconies just windows, not to mention the Domme estate was one of the safest places to be on lock down. Not only that, but she'd know when a nighthaunt or anything related to it would show up, as she'd already been infected. Plus she had just seen Alduin and if he wanted her to move rooms to be safer, he would have told her before he left.

"What for? We are already on lockdown and nothing has invaded."

"Please milady I insist, Lorde Domme really wants you safe."

"That's quite alright sir Johannes, I'd rather stay put."

"Smart lass ye are, seeing through me rouse, but I'm still taking you with me. House Grisha's got a bounty on yer head."

Faun eyes widened at that news and she quickly sprung to action as she heard banging on the door. 'Gods please give me strength!' Running over to the dresser by the door, Faun braced herself and began pushing. It was slow going, but she was able to get it in front of the door. With that barrier in place she began tying the many blankets that were on her bed together to form a type of rope. It wouldn't be long enough, but her room was facing the gardens and she knew there were vines that crawled up the wall, they were thorned but right now that didn't matter she had to get out of there.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Without even breaking his stride, he rode gallantly through the open plains.

He kept his eyes out for any Runewolves that would've been wondering the open plains. He knew he had to get on top of this as soon as possible to avoid further damage. "Sir Holden take 3rd and 4th Company to handle the Runewolves. I and the 1st and 2nd Company will take care of the breach!"

"Yes my lord!" And just like that, Sir Holden splintered off from the main pack of horses that were in full gallop.

Alduin's fear only grew with each passing minute

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The banging continued, steadily growing louder and more frequent, until finally the door was opened enough to where Johannes could squeeze through. Looking around the room he noticed the lady was no longer there. The room seemed completely untouched besides the lack of blankets on the bed and the opened window. The knight tisked in annoyance and briskly walked over to the window and peered down trying to find a trace of his target, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Damn girl, I'll have to find her quickly."

Waiting until his footsteps faded Faun let go of the vine she was hanging on and landed in a crouch on the ground. This incident was certainly troubling and it didn't help that it was happening as the Runewolves were invading. Who was she even supposed to trust now? 'Now's not the time, I need to get to a safe place.' With that in mind she pulled up the hood of her cloak and made her way towards the gardens.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast