Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Thread: M | IC | Roses on Sullied Hands | Dire Hoef x Luminous Heaven

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Alduin was running the numbers in his own mind, but just as he reaching some form of a conclusion he noticed his wife take a seat; holding a hand to her head.

He immediately came over, and knelt at her side. He took her free hand, and cupped it. "We will end this.. When the Wave comes, we will be ready.. The nighthaunts will not deter us from our stance. We are firm, you not only have me but the entirety of my house with you."

He gave the same stern, yet comforting, look as he surveyed her for any stress. "I believe it is time for us to relax, and care for our own health. Things take time, and in that time we must look to ourselves to ensure we are ready from when our presence is required. Don't you think, Faun?"

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Faun couldn’t help but smile softly at Alduin’s advice. He was right of course, eventually this nightmare would end and they would survive to see another peaceful era if they stayed firm in their will to fight. She wasn’t tired of fighting- never that- she was just tired of running around without a break. But maybe that’s selfish thinking on her part. She was sure her husband had to do the exact same thing but on a much higher scale. She wasn’t used to fighting and she detested the idea, but she would do her best to be strong...for him, for their people, and for herself.

At his insistence of relaxation she couldn’t help but sigh with relief. With the hand that was holding hers she entwined their fingers together and pressed her forehead gently against his. “Only if you promise me that you won’t lose sight of yourself.” The image of plagued Alduin flashed in her eyes for a moment, quickly being replaced by his normal one. Taking her other hand she cupped the side of his face and caressed it with her thumb. The look in her eyes now was soft albeit a bit worried and sad. “I don’t know what I- we would do if we lost you.”
    Spoiler: Signature 

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He was a little taken back by this promise. He thought he was being himself, but he assumed he had some measure of who he once was. However he couldn't assume that for it was Faun who showed him the gentle nature of mankind. And yet here she is telling him to remain firm and stoic for the sake of everyone on this estate and his territory. He guessed he better not fail her or his subjects.

He leaned into her hand, and said, "I understand. However, I will not lose sight of myself. These creatures will not best me or you or my subjects. That is a promise that I will make on my word and life. Thus, I assure you that we must relax and steel our nerves for what is to come."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“Right, relaxing. I guess for starters perhaps dinner should be first? I am quite famished.” Last time she ate was lunchtime but she spent most of her time after that trying to get away from sir Johannes- traitorous wretch. “Then perhaps a bath?”

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He nodded firmly. "Then I shall call for dinner, and then after we can unwind in the bath. Anything more than you feel we can do in a reasonable amount of time?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“Mmm well we could take a walk around the gardens or the courtyard. But what about you my dragon? So far it’s been what do I suggest, what do you propose we do?” She was curious as to what it was her husband did to relax and wanted to indulge him as much as she could.

The hand that was caressing his face had switched to gently running through his hair and at their close proximity her eyes began truly studying his features. His eyes were an interesting shade of hazel, seeming brown in the dark but truly lighting up when the light hit them. Her attention then shifted to the scar across his lip and she wondered how he had gotten it. Faun was in a bit of awe at Alduin and she briefly wondered why he hadn’t married until her. “I’m fine with anything, as long as we stick together.”

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

This level of compassion and love was enough for him to have had cracked a smile. He held onto her hands firmly, but gently. "Then a walk through the gardens is enough for me. I do have some reading to complete, so we can also relax in said garden with some tea and bread. How does that sound to you?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

At his smile she could feel her cheeks grow a bit warm again, but she couldn’t help the smile that formed upon seeing his own. “That sounds amazing, but I’d rather have a bit of ale. To be honest I miss the taste.” Even if it was just for a little while Faun wanted to truly enjoy the small bit of time to relax, especially now since she wouldn’t be alone. Pulling away from him she stood and held onto his hand and started making their way to the gardens.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"I will have a servant prepare us a couple glasses of ale," he said as he took her hand. And from there he was led to the gardens where the beautiful candor of the flowers brought him a sense of peace. He hadn't lowered his guard in hours that the chaos had ensued, but at this moment, at this time, he felt truly at peace.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She sighed in content when the both of them reached the gardens, she had always been at peace when she was among nature and finally having a moment to enjoy it made her appreciate it all the more. “You know, the circumstances could be better, but I’m glad we finally have a moment to ourselves. Everything has been so forthright that we haven’t had sufficient time to rest. But such is the nature of war I suppose.” She flushed in a bit of embarrassment at her statement. Alduin was kind enough to offer a break and here she was dampening the mood. She meekly cleared her throat Alaura continued on. “Ah forgive me, I did not mean to be so cynical towards the end there.”
    Last edited by Lumi; 02-21-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast