Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast

Thread: M | IC | Roses on Sullied Hands | Dire Hoef x Luminous Heaven

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He gave a stiff nod at that, "Now to go from here," he looked around the room and then back to her, "We need to plan a plethora of things.. Each article more arduous than the last."

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Faun sighed and reluctantly pulled away from him. "Yes and I feel we should start with the most pressing matter of the upcoming wave. I....I fear that I have slowed you down and we've not much time to prepare, but I could be wrong, prayerfully I am mistaken."

“I remember it being said that there were both Undeath and Rune Wolves prowling around, but so far everything has been about Rune Wolves lately. What news has there been about the Undeath? And have we received word about that strange creature killing the innocent?”
    Spoiler: Signature 

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Alduin pondered about the Undeath, and then sighed heavily. "It appeared that the reports were false. There were no Undeath in the region, perhaps it was illusion of some kind.. Which would pose more questions than answers..." Alduin walked over and looked over the table detailing the region.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“Illusion? Are you for certain?” With they way things were turning out lately for the two of them Faun just couldn’t help but be a bit skeptical. Three houses had already shown their true colors and she would hate for anything else to happen inside their ranks. “It sounds a bit...unbelievable. With what the Nighthaunts are capable of, I don’t think they would send just an illusion. Especially now that they are after the both of us.” Then there’s the possibility of a false report and why?”

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"Absolutely certain. I was made aware of this prior to your...arrival.."

He leaned on the table and then looked over at his wife. "It's hard to believe anything of what's going on now. We have no idea if what we're dealing with is the Nighthaunts or simply human hubris. Which is why I would suggest sending informants to the other houses to gain valuable information. It's a frowned upon exercise of combat intelligence, but it's our best bet if we want to have any sort of advantage over the other houses."

He looked over at the map, "But it will not have any effect on the Nighthaunts for they would kill anything that isn't their own."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“That sounds like the surest- well only option we have at the moment. But is there even going to be a wave at all? I mean if there is no Undeath and the Runewolf situation is pretty much solved...oh, but what about that strange humanoid creature that was killing people?”

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"I'm sure of it. The divination said it would be within a fortnight. The divination has never been wrong before.. How can it be now?"

"The Ripper?" He turned toward her with a raised brow. "That is still being looked into. I haven't quite exactly had the time explore that avenue more. Perhaps that is something worth looking into, no?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“We’ve lost valuable time, so it is less than that I’m sure. Does this divination tell what exactly is coming in the waves or do you hope for the best? Or are there perhaps patterns to what appears?” Faun began pacing around the table trying to come with solutions should anything happen to the civilians. “Last news I can recall on the Ripper was my suggestion for mages and meisters to be included in the search party’s retinue. Has anyone been able to give you an update? We can not plan without an update.”

Were things always this hectic? It seemed like only just this morning she was finally taking on the responsibilities as lady of the estate but now things felt as if they were spiraling out of control. Faun’s pacing continued as she mumbled to herself about food replenishment and evacuations, as she nervously ran her fingers through her hair. The adrenaline from today’s events seemed to still be running through her system and she had yet to calm down.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"I'll send a guardsman for an update on that situation," he stood up straight, at the questions about the Wave. "We simply hope for the best, every wave we've had so far has been sporadic and without rhyme or reason. At least, to what our minds can recall.. For as long as I was alive, there have never been a time where those creatures played by our rules.."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“Okay once we have word, it should alleviate some of our worries.....hopefully. I-I just can’t help but shake this thought that everything is connected in one way or another...” Her pacing continued, however this time it seemed a bit rushed- sporadic even as she seemed to walk two steps then abruptly walk the length of the table then pause walk one step one way and one the other- muttering to herself all the while.

”Theme there has to be a theme....but what is it? Fear was first and now...no that can’t be it.”

‘Why do the Nighthaunts want these lands so much? Where did they come from? Why is everything so different now? Why are we the only ones-‘ Her pacing seemed to stop as she reached a sort of conclusion. A sudden chill crept up her spine and she immediately looked down at her hands, where black was quickly seeping up her veins. But with a blink it was gone. Her panic ebbed away a bit and she turned towards Alduin intending to share her theory with him however what she saw in his place was the hellish nightmare from earlier that morning. Her husband standing dead as the same poison that was in her veins ran rampant across his, covering his face and hands. His lifeless eyes bled black and a wide crooked smile spread across his lips. Her panic and fear skyrocketed and she backed away quickly. She jumped with a gasp as he raised a hand and pointed at her.

”YeeSs liTtLe FaUn FEAR uuSs...”

She quickly shut her eyes as she backed into the wall fervently praying that this apparition would go away. When she opened her eyes again everything was normal and she no longer felt cold. She was still in the spot she was before facing the very much alive and untainted Alduin. Giving a shaky sigh she sat down in one of the nearby chairs and held her head in one of her hands.

”Stars above this needs to end.”

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast