Page 494 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 444492493494495496544 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 17399

Thread: [M] Plagued Encounters (Sparkz and NoviDome)

October Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Their guide lead them through the streets of the forest village. People turned and stared at them but none were openly hostile. Soon enough, they arrived at a huge tree with a door on the trunk. "She's through here." Their guide said and opened the door. Inside was a spiral staircase that lead up into the trunk that seemed to go on forever. Roger looked up it and then Maeva. "Come on. Hop on my back. You're not going to be able to make it that high."

Made by .Karmz. ! She is simply the best!

March Member of the Month
    Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Maeva swallowed and nodded. David helped her climb onto Roger's back, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Let's do this," she said softly. As they started on the staircase, David looked at Maeva.
    "You've gotten worse, haven't you?" he asked her softly. She nodded, not looking at him.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Roger held onto her legs to keep her steady on his back as he climbed. Since he wasn't using the strength spell at the moment it was certainly harder than before but he suffered through it since he knew that Maeva was frightened enough already and he didn't want to scare her farther.

Up they all climbed until they reached the top. Roger sat Maeva down on her feet as he bent over to catch his breath. All those cigarettes were catching up to him. Once he caught his breath, he straightened up to see the room. It was well furnished with wooden tables and chairs. It was well lit because of the windows letting in the late afternoon sun. In the far corner was a curtain that was shut and pillows could be see peaking out from underneath it. The woman bowed.
    "They're here, Ma'am."
    "I know. Please wait outside." The woman nodded and left the three of them alone in the room. Roger bit his lip and glanced at David and Maeva. Before any of them could speak, the voice from behind the curtain spoke again. "So tell me why you have come here instead of seeking conventional medicine. Your ailment is treatable through modern medicine."

Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Maeva gave Roger a concerned look as he set her down, worried about how out of breath he was. She tensed up when the voice asked its question. She looked at Roger and squeezed his hand. "...I would be imprisoned if I did," she said softly.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Roger looked at her and took her hand and kissed it. "Yes. We... Can't go anywhere either because the authorities and the organization are after us." The voice laughed.
    "Well, neither have a place here. So you are all deserters?"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Yes ma'am," David murmured, his tone revealing how relieved he was to no longer call himself a member.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The voice laughed. "Ha! Good! The organization is a sham anyways. I abandoned them ages ago." The curtain moved and then out stepped the own of the voice. She was hunched over and as she stepped out into the light, her face was covered with red scales. The rest of her body was covered in a brown fabric that draped over her hunched body to the floor. She smiled a sharp toothed grin. "Well, I'm glad that others thing the same. Always manipulating and lying to get their way. Sure, they 'protect people'." Her words accompanied by finger air quotations made by her long taloned hands. "But who needs that at the price they demand?" She laughed at her own joke before looking them over. "oh my. aren't you all a piece of work?"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Maeva's eyes widened as the figure stepped out, and she involuntarily moved behind Roger a little. David watched her in great awe, his jaw dropping slightly.
    "...You were a member?" he asked, confused.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Roger squeezed her hand and stood in front of her. Was this what David was talking about when he spoke of permanent changes? He was more amazing and curious than scared. The scaled figure laughed.
    "Oh yes. Back in my youth. They said that they could save my parents after their death. Turns out, they lied to me to get to their souls. So I left and with a bit of a ruckus too." She smiled fondly at the memory. But enough about me." She gestured to Maeva. "you need assistance that only I can give."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

David frowned as she spoke. He had heard stories before of somebody who had betrayed the organisation... could this have been her? If she'd made a ruckus indeed, that could, at least partly, explain the enmity between the organisation and the healers.
    Maeva stepped back when she gestured at her, and gave her a suspicious look. "...You just said I could be treated by conventional medicine."

Page 494 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 444492493494495496544 ... LastLast