Thread: Breggo's Kingdom Under the Mountain [M]

Little ball of fire
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Default Breggo's Kingdom Under the Mountain [M]

Hello traveler! You have stumbled into my cave, exhausted and wondering what the future brings. Take a seat, put up your feet. Let me help you relax with some tea...or proseco, both are in large supply. And while you are sipping on your drink, let me intrioduce to you a story for I am in dire need of entertainment. Yes, it has been some time since this dragon has woven a tale worthy of the gods and now it is time to dust the cave, clean up the cinder and ashes and start upon new adventures.

My name is Breggo, Bregz for short. I have been on RPA for too long to realize and am back officially and fully from a few year long hiatus. Unfortunately for me, all my RPA buddies of 2016 have moved on to other places and have started on new life paths. Which means that I am, surprisingly, in a dire need of a new story to immerse myself in.

**** About Me ****

• I am a young adult in the mid 20s. I have no problem with a writer of any age (goodness knows that is how I started writing and improving thanks to my peers) but I do frequently dwelve into the realm of Mature (rarely Restricted) so be warned. My lower boundary is still 18 or so simply because my younger brother is turning 16 in a month and I cannot bring myself to write epic adventures with someone his age. That said, there may be exceptions.
    • I write a lot. My typical replies are at least a few paragraphs per character, increasing with introductiom/description/etc scenes. I expect the same amount of well written, gramatically correct response back. Does this mean every response must be another War and Peace novella? Heavens no but the more we give each other, the more we are able to bring the story to live.
    • I do not do any homosexual couples. Sorry guys and gals, have nothing against it but is not my cup of tea. Side characters, NPCs, etc can be of whatever gender, sexuality and orientation you can imagine - my main characters will be strictly heterosexual.
    • I can easily play a guy or girl, there is little preference for me. I cannot do all guys though - I do like variety but if the story is, for example, a medieval worls where women warriors are rare, I expect that most characters will fit the setting and may be a certain gender. Cannot have male amazon warriors, right?
    • Story, world building and deep characters are a must. Do I sometimes push for "Love at first sight"? Yes but be strong and tell me to move slower. It is more rewarding.
    • I will do certain fandom settings (and sometimes cannon characters) but only if it is a sequel/intermittent story. Nothing super outrages to change the course of a story or setting. I will also contemplate certain crossovers (Protector of the Small x Lord of the Rings was a personal favorite).
    • I do have a fiance, a full time job and a horse so I may disappear from time to time as my partners have learned. I try my best to warn people but...life is life. Please be patient with me.
    • List will be updated as I figure out more.

**** What I Look For ****

• Literacy. I know everybody makes a mistake writing and words are missed and blah blah blah. I am no grammar nazi but I need to understand what you are writing. Personal pet peeve is if the same word is used multiple time in a paragraph - there are many resources to fix that and it pushes you to become a better writer. Each post must be a couple paragraphs at least.
    • Deep Characters. Not every character needs to be a hero or suffer a huge loss. Sometimes, people are people and just end up heros. Whatever you do, no Mary Sues. Nothing kills a story faster than a character that is untouchable or too broken to function. If we end up using cannon character, please do your research and stick as closely to the cannon version of the character as possible. Noone really needs or wants a slutty Hermione Granger.
    • Ideas. I can build the world and figure out the initial intrigue. I can come up with solutions to questions that tie in the story. I can do it all but then I might as well write my own book and while that is my side project many times over, no, I am here to tell a story together. So unfortunately, you must bring some ideas to the table and be flexible enough to have them change to fit OUR story.
    • Maturity. I write mature stuff and would rather not think about where that limit lies. Be comfortable with voilance, gore, swearing, cursing, intimacy and....well, anything mature. I cannot tell you exactly where our story goes and while I do not necessarily want or need to write out the intimate act, pre or post scenes are acceptable.
    • Storytelling. This is key - I cannot pull the whole story alone. This means that NPCs need to be created and used, that details are remembered and exploited, that our characters grow as they adventure through the world.

**** Current Plots and Wants ****

Like most people, I have cravings and desires. While I am not limited to anything in particular and am more than happy to hear your story pitch, I would love to find a couple partners for the below stories. I request that any "historical" themed stories (i.e. set in a particular historical period) or any fandom stories are properly researched and realistic - there is a reason I want to write them and in part it is because of the history and that setting.

• The Three Musketeers - Based on the story by Dumas Pere, this story can go many ways. Originally, this was a redemtion story for Athos and the twenty year gap between the end of "D'Artagnan and the Three Muskeeteers" and the beginning of "Twenty Years Later". Later, this story focused on the French Religious wars and how a couple of a Cathoilic noblewomen and a lowly Hueguenot (or vice versa) would be forced into a marriage, struggling in a war ridden France all while finding love in the political situation of the time. This story is not the happiest of tales and would require some historical acuracy but I would love to see it play out.
    • The Portolage - The world has changed after the Portolage, an event equivalent to an apocalypse. There is now the Society and the Wilds, people now being hunted once they leave the safety of the double walls. All of the world is ruled by prehistoric genetically modified megafauna that have the intelligence of humans and are more deadly than anything alive today. Our characters are exhiled from Society to fend for themselves and discover more than they could imagine. A lot of world building necessary, some magic and some sci-fi. World is very dear to my heart so someone will need to read all available material and help make it even better. I bring cookies.
    • Dragons in the Sky - very open to this. I need dragons but this may need a lot of brainstorming. Over the years, I have done some awesome stories with dragons and I do not want to repeat them but I love love LOVE all the possibilities that mythical creatures bring. If you have a story with dragons, intrigue, battles and more, let me know.
    • Where The Dead Men Lie - A story of star crossed lovers, their struggles and their dimise. This is the story of war (one of the world wars) and a pair of young people meeting in the worst of circumstances on opposite sides of the conflict. Deep topic and in my mind, very delicate. More of a storyline but....Not sure how open I am to really RPing it, currently up here for the perfect person.
    • Juno and Avos - I have been obsessing over this rock opera that is based on an actual story. Would love to do a story about a diplomat coming to a new land and falling in love with the young daughter of the man there. Due to their differences, they are separated but....anyway, this one I can't explain exactly.
    • Werewolf Dogma - Again, I have a setting for this. Think werewolfs in space and hopping across planets to save a universe. Will require multiple characters to play through.
    • Reach out and let me know what you crave - perhaps our visions alight.

If you have read this far, let me pour you another drink and if anything caught your interest, reach out to me any way you'd like. Sincerely, Breggo
    Last edited by Breggo13; 08-23-2019 at 02:38 PM.

MotM January 2015
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi and fantasy, mostly, but I'll take a crack at just about anything.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hey Breggo! I think we might end up being compatible writing partners. I'm interested in all your ideas, but two especially caught my eye.

The Portolage - I have a character who's a dinosaur shapeshifter that I think could fit well into the world, depending on the lore that you already have established. It's not too often that I get to use him but he's always been a favourite character of mine. Maybe we could double with exiled characters and secondary characters?

Dragons in the Sky - You had me at dragons. Mythology is such a fun genre and there's really no end to what you can do with them. I haven't written dragons themselves in a while but I do have a character that can manipulate fire and that's always a lot of fun too. Are you thinking of both players writing dragons or different creatures for each writer?

You can check out my own request thread for a better idea of me and my characters and such! I'm always up for, well, anything. But especially sci-fi/fantasy and double bonus points for a historical element as well! If you're interested, just let me know, you can tag or PM me or whatever else you like.