Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Orcs and Other Such Beings [M...?] (OOC)

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

This is great! Accepted!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Awesome!

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I'm not entirely sure what their job is.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I believe they just go around telling people if their gods are real or not and studying telekinesis and telepathy and the like.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Name: James Paramore
    Sexuality: Painfully straight.
    Nationality: English Economic Development Zone (Europe)
    Physical Appearance:
    Spoiler: images 

Personality: He'd claim to be a lovable jerk. He insults everyone, and expects everyone to insult him back, but he knows when to back off and rarely chooses a line of attack on something that someone would be sensitive about. He is a doer, unlikely to plan anything more than a general approach before getting mucked in. If he gives you a nickname, he likes you. If he uses your name all the time, even in informal situations, he is unsure about you. If he only ever uses your rank, you are on his shit list.

Quirk: He is constantly fiddling with something, whether he's picking at his nails, or fiddling with a variety of old school hand puzzles like rubix cubes.

Job: Marine - shipboard security, counter-boarding and boarding operations.

Skills:
    "Twice as well trained, half as well funded and four times as sexually deviant as any other military force from Earth."
    +CQB techniques for dismounted, zero-g and power armour use.
    +marine rifleman
    +C class rated technician, able to maintain and repair his own gear. (and mod it against regulations)
    +passable cook.
    +a variety of shady skills, like being able to pick locks (both solid state and digital), pick pockets, boost cars, basic legerdemain hand tricks and a variety of small and fast cons.

Implants: (optional)
    "If they'd done any more work, I could have pissed phosphorus"
    +Void hardened skin (can survive three minutes of vacuum exposure without ill effect)
    +Carbon braced bones
    +Myomer enhanced muscles
    +enhanced digestion, liver and kidneys to handle toxins and aliens proteins.
    +contact data patches under his skin at the crown under his hair, on his forehead, base of his neck, to the right of his heart, just above his navel, his abdomen, and at the base of his spine. These interface with the Conquerers suit systems and a secondary patch on each of his hands function as wireless data-jacks for more general use.

Other:
    "Lover by name, arsekicker by nature"
    The arrival of the Universal Confederacy resulted in the fall of the increasingly insular, isolationist and incompetent right wing governments that had run the UK into the ground in the later half of the 21st century. Half jokingly called abroad 'Airstrip One', Britain was a backwards, reactionary slum of extreme poverty and class divide when the UC arrived and triggered a change in local politics, and that was only because the military finally rose up and staged a (mostly) bloodless coup. With parliament restored and free elections held, the UK finally started to rejoin the rest of the world, but even in the modern era needs significant external aid from the rest of the world.

One of the ways it pays for this aid is with the conscription. This allows the Uk to sustain a large, well trained infantry heavy army that is on permanent loan to other earth states. Most volunteer, as it represents an escape and good pay with a chance to learn valued skills, but many criminals from the inner city slums of Greater London sprawl, MNC-Leeds 'burbs, and the dozens of run down towns dotted around the UK, are given the choice of a work gang (clearing the Dungeness Exclusion Zone, for example) or joining the military by a judge. Most take the military option, and James was no different. A petty thief (and not so petty thug) groomed after he was orphaned by a car accident by one of inner Londons many 'fagins', he was swept up by the police just outside Camden and was, at the age of 16, given the option, and he jumped at the chance to get off "this bloody sodden craphole". He took to training easily, and served his first tour of duty with the Royal Marines in the UK, and his second hunting pirates in the asteroid belt. It was this second tour that saw him rise to Sergeant and be recommended for a posting with the UC fleet. He was recommended for this posting because he was open-minded, adaptable and rigorous. He was also trouble, a renowned for his 'hard fighting, hard working, hard partying' attitude. This is his first independent deployment, and he is having a little trouble adjusting to not having a squad of mates around to watch his back and get him back to barracks after a night out. He has a long distance relationship with a fellow squaddie, who he misses terribly. A more respectable lass from Scotland, she is planning on mustering out after her current tour ends in 18 months. He is torn on whether to follow her, or stay a marine in the life he loves.

Equipment:
    "Yeah, the UN kit ain't bad, but I'll take local gear any time of the day"
    Conqueror Powered Armour
    The Conqueror grew out of the UK Economic Development Plan (UKEDp) which saw several factories opened alongside new educational facilities to stimulate the local economy. Much of this was actually bleeding edge technology brought to Earth by the UC, and then developed and manufactured locally. The Conqueror is a hardened, upgraded version of the Centurion developed by Mauser Tactical. The Conqueror is a brutal piece of equipment, much favoured by marine forces for its strengths.
    Appearance: Heavily armoured exoskeleton, see top picture.
    Intent: Fully integrated battlespace weapon system.
    Strengths: Full interlocking armour plates over an electro-fibre bundle 'muscle suit'. The suit is armoured with a lightweight, chemically treated kevlar weave which is sealed against vacuum and NBC attack. Armour plates are a classified configuration including a reactive outer layer, heat dissipating inner layer and 'catchers mitt' back layer. As a final layer of defence, the suit can close metal rings over breached and damaged limbs. The limb is amputated, but the suit is resealed and the on-board medical systems will probably save you from bleeding out or dying of shock. Probably.

For weapons, it is designed to integrate with the VA-6 Jackal smart carbine, but also incorporates the devastating 'Bayonet' rocket propelled tungsten carbide spike melee system over its right shoulder, and a six chamber grenade launcher over its left shoulder which can be loaded with mission specific payloads. The suits armour plates also carry a small number of thrusters that can draw on the atmosphere around it to augment jumps, blows and the users running speed. The fully enclosed helmet provides a motion detector system, HUD and access to a variety of sensors (jokingly referred to as the Hudson for its default near histrionic way of informing you of hostiles)

Thanks to its featherweight fusion core, it has a run time of over 2 weeks, and can sustain life in vacuum for 3 days. It can be refuelled with liquid hydrogen in the field, and can burn the fuel for reaction mass to power the thruster system. However this drastically cuts into use time.

Weaknesses:
    This all comes at the cost: the suit weighs 500kg and is impossible to move in unpowered. The reactor is heavily shielded, but represents an obvious weakpoint on the users rear. However, combined with the standard marine combat augments, a user can bench press two metric tons and punch five times harder than a championship boxer. Overtaxing the muscle suit allows the user to rip open ship bulkheads. Deploying the armour is also tricky, it can take a skilled user fifteen minutes or longer to get fully equipped, this goes a lot quicker with even one additional pair of hands. It is also a hanger queen. A marine who doesn't spend most of his time maintaining his suit will likely die messily, wishing he had as it tears his legs off while he try's walking down some stairs. The suit, its maintenance gear, and replacement parts take up twice the space and three times the mass of a Centurion, but officers and privates agree: its worth it.

VA-6 Jackal smart carbine
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Jackal 

Intent: Smart, multi-role short arm.
    Strengths: A railgun, the Jackal can operate in vacuum, in ship, or in nearly any gravity or atmosphere. Reaching to his kit and changing its settings, the carbine can become a battle rifle, or a sniper rifle, or even a SMG. Holo-sights integrate with the Conquerers HUD to provide 'true scope' capability, including the ability to aim around corners. It also hits like a jackhammer, and can take variant ammunition, even selecting for single shot for planting tracer rounds or markers.
    Weaknesses: This is a heavy piece of equipment, and combined with its murderous kick, would be impossible to use without the augments of the Conquerer. Like the Conquerer it also requires a lot of attention, and its onboard computer is occasionally balky. It can be overridden, but that creates a whole other set of problems.

Melee weapon
    Intent: Back up weapon.
    Strengths: the Royal Marines identified, on working with the UC's armed forces, that many alien species aren't bothered by bullets. In that instance, you need something that they will care about, and very few creatures can walk off a strike from a massive great melee weapon being wielded by someone who can kick a ground car over. Marines are encouraged to commission something they are comfortable with, resulting in a wide variety of maces, 'buster' swords and other heavy, deadly implements. James prefers a two headed battleaxe with a long, reinforced handle. With a good swing behind it, there are few things that are conventionally alive that can survive a single hit.
    Weaknesses: Its big, heavy and obvious, and most normal opponents will not let you get close enough to use it.
    Last edited by dakkagor; 08-31-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyIrishman View Post
    I believe they just go around telling people if their gods are real or not and studying telekinesis and telepathy and the like.
    This basically.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Conqueror, with its integrated weapons system, is in my opinion full-fledged battle armor. Basically a mobile tank with a battle axe.

Centurion is just combat armor - smaller, lighter, limited duration, cheaper - and thoroughly outclassed, certainly.

So what rank is Paramore? 17 year veteran of the Royal Marines? C-Class technician makes me think he's a corporal, but I'd think he'd be at least a Warrant Officer 2 or a sergeant. Either way, still outranks me. At least high enough to turn my armor on and off.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I really wish I had time for this ;(

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

He rose to Sergeant rank in the Marines, whether that rank applies on a UC ship is up to the DM.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Everyone has such a serious character and then there is me lol!

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast