Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (M) Scared Mate (TheBaron and SouthernBelle)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, ie shifters, werewolves, vamps, etc. Or Westerns, most any in general
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber ate the fries on her plate as he spoke. Keeping her face blank. She could sense a change in the air. She needed to be very careful about how she phrased her words. Though him telling her what she needed or didn't need to do did not sit well with her. She shoved a French fry in her mouth to keep from snarling at him. When he rose and gave her two options she took her time in picking up her coffee cup and finishing off the rest of the dark liquid that was in it.

She set it down and turned her eyes to him. Keeping her face blank she turned in her seat so she was facing him. Her eyes darkened. "Let me start by saying what my relationship is or is not with the council is not of your concern. Where I thought you had information on me it seems that it is majorly lacking. In several areas, though I will fill you in.

"I don't have to get the full story on cases like this because I get the information from the victim if they are found before I make any decisions on what and if there is a report that goes back, if what you say is true then in this case I would not report back that she is here," Kimber stood up and grabbed her bag. Her voice deepened as her wolf pushed for control. "There is corruption within the council as there is corruption any group of any beings put together. Which is why I do not follow orders blindly, I am constantly making sure I am making the morally correct decisions. And if there is a pack doing what you say they are doing, I won't be here long."

She glanced down as she pulled out some cash and tossed it on the table for her coffee along with a tip for the waitress. "I would like to meet with Molly, that way I know what I'm getting myself into when I go and introduce myself to her alpha."

She looped her thumbs in the straps on her bag and raised and eyebrow at him. If a war was brewing she wanted nothing to do with it. But if there was a pack abusing it's members, keeping it's women as slaves, then she would do something about that.

She didn't tolerate abuse, on any level, from anyone. She didn't hesitate to right any wrongs that she was made aware of. The worst that could happen to her was she died, and after all this time that didn't scare her. She had looked death in the face more than once and so far she was still kicking. She hadn' taken on a whole pack before when she wasn't driven by grief and anger, but there was a first time for everything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Peter still standing smiles, pleased by her response. He quickly scarfs down some burger and after chewing furiously he swallows grinning at her. “Very well then let’s go see Molly.”

He eats some more fries before continuing. “I am sorry to say I am going to require some trust on your part as she is living in a human community that is the closest to the pack house. She would be at the house, but she is eager to resume as normal a life as possible and honestly who can blame her. My point being that we will be heading towards the very heart of my territory.”

He polishes off the burger and turning Peter nods to the wolf in the kitchen who nods back. Walking to the door he stretches talking as he goes, “As for what happens after that, obviously you are free to leave whenever you please, no reason to keep you here, but don’t go rushing off I think we are going to have aligned interests in this.”

Opening the door to the café, a cool evening breeze blows in. The smell of his pack and the forest, both strong on the breeze, sooth him. Peter looks at her an amused smile on his face. “We can drive, or we can run. Either way our destination is a small community near the base of the mountains, which lie in the northeast of my territory.”

Spoiler: Current RPs- Check them Out (Recently Updated!) 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber adjusted the back pack on her bag as she followed him. She kept herself alert, because he was right with him knowing who she was and why she had come there she did have to put a good bit of trust in him that they were not leading her to a trap. Though from everything she knew about them she should be safe, should being the key word.

"Aligned interests don't always mean agreeing on the solution to a problem," she replied as she caught the smell of more wolves than there should've been around the cafe. Their numbers put her wolf on edge as she glanced around knowing they would stay out of site, she still didn't like it. It meant more to take on if anything went south.

"Driving is fine," she replied as she looked at him. He always seemed to have a smile on his face, even when he was agitated. She wondered if it was a defense mechanism or just part of his personality. Since there wasn't much on him or his pack in the database, which didn't surprise her, there wasn't much to go off of other than what she learned about him herself.

"Tell me," she glanced at him curiosity getting the better of her. "How long have you been running this pack? There isn't much information on you or your pack in the database. Though I'm not one to talk as I know my name isn't even in the database."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

They are at the car now, which idles next to them. At her question Peter’s face grows somber for a moment before he regards her coolly. He idly plays with a ring on his right hand, a keepsake, an onyx band. “I have been pack leader for nine years. Ever since I killed my father for the position.” He opens the door for her and after shutting it he walks around the car to get in the other side.

Closing the door Peter is smiling, wryly this time and jokes, “Sadly not even the most traumatic thing I have ever experienced.” He nods to the driver in the mirror who smoothly pulls away and sets off already knowing their destination. Settling back into the comfortable seats of the car, he relaxes a little. The trip would have been quicker if they had run. However, Peter doesn’t mind, having always enjoyed riding in a car.

Looking over at her he feels the need to explain. Maybe because she is a fellow Alpha, the closest thing to an equal he has in his own territory. He wasn’t sure. “My father… was a cruel and sadistic Alpha.” He said this matter-of-factly and continues, “He was strong enough that no one dared question him for fear of what horrors he might inflict on them.” Peter sighs and looks forlornly out the window, his face still visible to Kimber.

“He was clearly threatened by me. As I grew older, he could no longer torture me and so the abuse the pack suffered… that my mother suffered… only grew worse.” With mention of his mother Peter’s face tightens and where his face is sad in his eyes there is a clear seething rage and hatred. “The abuse was intensified by the fact that he felt like he couldn’t touch me. It seemed from birth I was destined to be bigger, stronger, and faster than he was, and he just couldn’t accept that for some reason I will never know...”

Peter falls silent letting the quiet sounds of the car in motion fill the air. He is quiet for almost five minutes before he continues. “Then he killed her… my mother… maybe it was an accident, maybe not… honestly at that point it didn’t even matter anymore. I challenged him immediately and killed him less than ten minutes later.” His words were clearly tinged by feelings of guilt and he sadly shakes his head. “Ever since then I have tried to build and lead a different kind of pack.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber listened to his story, she felt bad for him, not that she would ever say that out loud but she did. What he had gone through no one should've. She knew that more than a few alphas were like that though. It was the downside to power. In some they couldn't control their instincts. Couldn't control the desire to push out or beat down anyone that could be a threat to them.

Though for him to have taken it out on the pack or his own wife was a little far in her eyes. There was no reason for that for sure. It was one thing for an alpha to see another packmate as a threat to his position, but that tended to be where it ended. It was also why sons of alphas either challenged their fathers or left the pack. She had never gotten tot he position with her own father that it was an option. He had also always been very caring, trying to make up for the loss of her mother.

There had been many times he told her that if it wasn't for her he would've died not long after her mother did. But she gave him something to live for. To fight for. Which he did up until his death.

"I'm sorry to hear that," she glanced towards the front of the car before she looked back at him. "Though from what I can tell you have done what you planned. You have been able to create a different kind of a pack and if you are taking in those that are abused and need safe refuge you really are making your pack different. Not very many packs, even good ones, will risk taking outsiders for fear of the trouble that it could bring them. I should know."

She wondered why there was guilt in his voice. It wasn't his fault that his father had killed his mother, he wouldn't have been able to prevent that. Couldn't have known that it was going to happen. Though his reaction to it didn't surprise her. Her reaction to her own father's death had been to kill her mate. Something that wasn't possible. Grief and anger could drive a being to do just about anything.

"Anything I should know about Molly before meeting her? Any triggers that I should be aware of so that I don't intrude too much?" Kimber knew that she could sometimes be abrasive when she was trying to get information and with a situation of abuse she had to be cautious of that. Had to make sure that she didn't upset Molly, especially being under the protection of this pack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nighttime is upon them now, the light of day gone. They have been on a private road for a while now and the driver has switched the headlights off. The rising moon and the stars alone light their way. Thick forest line the road on either side of them, occasional glimpses of large wolves can be seen. A flash of fur, a gleaming pair of eyes. In the distance thunder rumbles. They will be arriving soon.

Peter leaning back in his seat is calm, he nods in thanks for her words. Watching her, his eyes calculating he gauges her response. She is right of course but it is what would make them stronger than any other pack. He has a question he wants to ask her but decides to file it away for later. As the conversation returns to Molly his smile returns, he is glad to be talking about something else.

“Honestly, she has held together well, she is tough. I would suggest you not act or talk like you are there to take her home, not that I think you would at this point. So, barring some unforeseen reaction, she should be fine whatever you want to ask her.” His words are quiet but clear.

The car turns its headlights on as they turn right and back onto a public road, leaving the forest. Shortly ahead in the distance there is the glow of civilization. A small mostly human community at the base of the forest covered mountains.

He comes to a decision. Everything that has transpired so far speaks to her not being a threat to Molly. Peter elaborates further his voice matter of fact, “She would have suffered worse, but she was protected by the other females of her pack. In addition, and maybe I shouldn’t tell you this, but I am going to choose to trust you for now. The females with aid from my pack and a male in their pack are how she was able to escape.”

They drive past several fast food locations and a gas station on the edge of town before turning into the residential part of town. Trees line the roads where they could. Sitting in between houses which seemed to have carved their space out of the forest, as though the humans who lived here were in a battle with the forest for space.

As they reach what would qualify as the nicer part of town, they turn onto a quiet road lit by streetlights. At the end of the road past where the lights reach, they come to a dead end. The car pulls off into a gated drive. With the use of a clicker in the car the driver opens the gate. Flipping off the headlights once more the driver continues up the wooded drive. After a short drive the car pulls up to a house well suited to the area even if its location is a little off the beaten path. As the car turns off Peter exits the car. In an amused tone he tells her where they are. “Welcome to the pack’s home away from home, as secondary HQ of sorts. One of a few we have in our domain.”

Thunder rumbles again closer now. He leads the way to the front door, “There is more I want to talk to you about, but it can wait.” Opening the door with the confidence of the man who owns the place, TV noises spill forth. Peter walks in and beckons for Kimber to follow him. Turning left in a doorway visible from the open front door he looks at someone inside the room. Smiling kindly, he speaks in a warm tone, “Molly there is someone I need you to meet. I think you will like her. By the way where is Kyle?”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber thought about what he said. It didn't surprise her that some of the females had helped Molly escape. They were probably hoping that she would be able to find someone to help end what they were dealing with. Though she was sure, as in any bad situation, there would also be women that were okay with what was going on. There was always a crazy or two in cult like situations.

"I do not plan on taking her back to her home, least not if what you have told me is true, so you do not have to worry about that," she watched as the two flew by taking note of the way out if she needed it. Though she would follow her senses back to her own territory if the need arose.

When the car pulled to a stop she took in the house in front of them. Though it blended in with the town itself she could tell that the structure was built a little more securely then the other houses. Though she only noticed because her main house was built with the same idea. Blending in, while at the same time able to withstand anything thrown at it.

She opened her door and slid out of the car well aware of the wolves that were just beyond the tree line. She didn't blame them, she was a strange wolf around their alpha. Any pack would be alert to that fact. Though the numbers were more than she had been expecting. His pack, from what she could tell, was larger than the council knew. A good fact to keep in mind.

The sound of thunder washes through the air and she can't help but relax a little. Storms were her favorite. Most people shied away from them. Didn't like the loud noises or the rain. While she found the beauty in it. The beauty in something so distructive. Yet, it was someone that was so needed. Without the rain the world would not be inhabitable.

Her thoughts were brought back to the present as he opened the front door and she took in the sounds and scents of the building as she followed him inside. Molly was curled up in a blanket on the couch in the room, the tv louder than it probably needed to be, though she was young. Kimber had never really understood the draw to have the tv loud, though she did catch herself with her music turned way up when she needed to drown out the world.

"He ran upstairs, said he has nothing to report," Molly replied her eyes landing on Kimber. Kimber took the young woman in. She had long black hair that flowed over her shoulder and bright green eyes that stood out against her soft features. She was skinny, not bad in general, though for what she was she should've had some more muscle mass on her. A little more weight. In human eyes though she was very healthy.

Kimber was aware of Molly looking her over and she made sure to keep her body language relaxed, unimposing with a small smile on her face. She had her thumbs tucked in her jean pockets to keep from crossing her arms. Her shoulders were relaxed and she stayed a hair behind Alpha Peter so Molly would feel there was a barrier between them until she felt safe around Kimber.

"Who are you?" Molly's voice sounded confident, but Kimber could see the fear in her eyes. They shot to Peter before going back to Kimber. Kimber was sure Molly trusted Peter, trusted that he wouldn't bring anyone that was a threat to her around, but old habits died hard.

"My name is Kimberly, Kimber for short," Kimber smiled as she glanced towards the tv wishing she knew modern tv shows to use that as a ice breaker, but she didn't even have a tv at her house. Didn't have a use for it. "I'm a fixer of sorts. Alpha Peter told me a little about your situation and I was wondering if I could get your side of the story. That way I know more about what your packs' alpha is doing. Do you mind if I sit down?"

Kimber motioned towards a love seat that was away from where Molly was sitting, but still closer than the doorway she was standing in now. When Molly gave her a short nod she moved to the love seat and sat down glancing around the room from her new vantage point.

"Tell me about your pack," Kimber crossed her legs at the ankle as she leaned forward a little to show Molly she was interested, but not a threat. Molly went through the details of her pack, how the women were treated and how she had gotten away though Kimber didn't miss that Molly didn't give any names of who had helped her. She couldn't help but admire the woman for her quick thinking on that part. She knew that Peter trusted Kimber enough to bring her here, but didn't know if she was trusted with the names of their inside people.

What she detailed out made Kimber's anger boil through her veins, though she kept herself calm on the outside. The alpha truely saw women as possessions to be used as the males saw fit. Everything they were allowed past that was just for outwards appearances. Though even then Kimber was sure that the locals around the pack probably saw the people as a cult or a religious group to avoid. How this had been slipped under the council's noises she wasn't sure. Though she had heard stories in the past of packs being able to cover up things from the council. They weren't exactly the best at keeping tabs on all the packs.

Once Molly finished Kimber knew what would need to be done. The alpha needed to be removed along with any of his pack mates that truely believed in how he ran his pack. Though that was a tricky task. Alphas were only changed in one of three ways. By being challenged and losing, by death, or by retiring. Only the council could force a retirement and even then she wasn't sure they could do that. She also had no intention of challenging the alpha because then that would put her over the pack and she didn't need or want that.

If an alpha passed whether by accident or natural causes a challenge would be held for those in the pack to compete for his position, but to fake a death like that wasn't easy. Especially when the wolves in the pack would be able to smell the cause of death.

"I'm really sorry you had to go through that," Kimber gave Molly a gentle smile. "Though you are very brave for getting away and very smart for coming here."

She glanced towards Alpha Peter curious now as to what else he was wanting to speak with her about. Though she also wanted to see what plans he had in place for Molly's pack, she didn't need to be stepping on his toes any. She didn't want to risk that not with him seeming to know too much about her as it was. She didn't need problems with her neighbors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Peter smiles sadly at Molly who is looking a little down after talking through her story. Walking up to her he tousles her hair. She protests halfheartedly but allows him to mess with her. “You don’t have anything to worry about anymore kiddo.” His words are gentle but assuring. “I am going to take care of it and that is a guarantee.” Peters eyes flash, promising violence on her former oppressors.

Lifting his hand, he turns and walks to the door. Molly’s trusting eyes follow him, and she looks cautiously hopeful. Motioning for Kimber to follow him he calls out over his shoulder waving. “If you’re hungry, Molly, tell Kyle to get you whatever you want, and those are my orders.” Pausing in the doorway he half turns his head and smiles flashing his teeth confidently. “Soon enough, things will be normal for you.”

Exiting the room, he pauses by the front door. At that moment Kyle comes rushing downstairs skipping steps. He is not only one of the newer members pack but one of the younger members. He skids to a stop and freezes at the sight of Peter and Kimber. “O-oh! Hello there, sir…” Peter cocks an eyebrow at him. Kyle laughs nervously and says, “S-sorry I mean Peter…,” he trails off.

As Kyle stands there nervously Peter can’t help but smile, rolling his eyes, and dismisses him with a wave. Kyle looks sheepish and retreats into the room with Molly. Peter waits a moment for the sounds of awkward conversation to start up in the room, before turning to Kimberly. He speaks quietly and somberly. “Kyle is new to the pack, as you can tell I make him nervous. No surprises there though, sadly. He isn’t the most assertive or aggressive wolf; he is used to being mistreated by strong males.”

Peter looks her in the eyes, he is very curious and unsure as to what her next move will be. Sighing resigning himself to the fact that things are going to unfold as they will. He speaks firmly, in a tone that allows no room for argument. “I am sure you have questions, but as I am sure noticed there are more than a few of my pack members out there. I have pack business to attend to right outside, it will only take a few minutes and I quite sure it will clarify a few things.” He reaches for the door handle and freezes for moment and lets out a little groan. Turning to look at her he has a look on his face that can only be described as slightly embarrassed. “This might get ‘dramatic’ for lack of a better word, and well…,” trailing of he sighs and shakes his head before continuing, “You know what never mind it will just be easier for you to witness it, than anything else.”

Turning back to the door he stretches his neck from side to side before throwing the door open and striding out of the house with a poised bearing, not bothering to close the door behind them. While they were inside a light wind has picked up swirling through the trees around them. The clouds have begun to take up the sky, the moon and stars fighting a losing battle against the tide of grim darkness. Lightning flashes in the distance. Before them is assembled a large number of werewolves. They are scattered throughout the clearing and they can be seen flitting along the tree line. Most are in their wolf form with a core group in their human form. Ally, Mark, Will and a few others are gathered around Will’s truck, located at the front of the group of the wolves. The group falls silent, leaving only the music in Will’s truck playing, as all eyes snap to Peter. The werewolves in human form straighten up and most of the wolves either lay down or sit.

As the music is turned off silence falls for a long moment before Peter speaks his voice calm but carrying throughout the clearing. “Tonight… is the beginning,” his voice holds the full authority of his position, “My friends, you who have chosen to follow me, everything we have worked towards is now. All the training, all the preparation, all the waiting… all for this moment, is now over. We are moving to phase two!” He elaborates, explaining to those who didn’t know the full situation with Molly. By the time he finished the wolves are bristling, an agitated energy spreading through the air.

Standing in one of the last patches of moonlight his stance is aggressive, and he rips off his shirt tossing it to the ground. The scars of many battles are apparent on his skin, what stands out perhaps this most is the bullet wound scar over his heart on the front and back. Peter’s mate scars. He raises his voice slightly to convey the weight of his anger. “We will have no mercy on these beasts and those who stand with them! This night we declare war on those mongrels! Most of you already have your orders, so I command you… go! We are the shadows in the night they will all perish under…” Transforming into his hulking wolf form, he gives off a long haunting howl and the gathered wolves howl in return. The night around them reverberates. Many get up and run off into the night.

Rotating to face Kimberly in his wolf form he shifts back into his human form. He stands before her in the fading moonlight. “Now you know.” The only ones left in the clearing are Peter, Kimberly, Will, and Ally. Mark had transformed and left, his mission set. Will and Ally are eyeing Peter but are engaged in a quiet but heated discussion among themselves. Peter walks closer to Kimber. “So, tell me what is your plan…?”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber watched the way that Kyle reacted around Peter, his actions making more sense once Peter had explained the boys previous situation. She wondered just how many strays Peter had taken into his pack from bad situations.

She would be lying if she thought that such treatment of pack members in other packs didn’t exist. She knew they did, though figuring out which packs were like that was not always easy. You had to have an in with the pack, or someone get away and tell you about it. She typically had neither unless she stumbled upon it on a mission, such as this one. It still angered her that an alpha would ever allow his pack mates to be abused. Angered her even more when the alpha was involved in the abuse.

She couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow when he said that things could get ‘dramatic’ before he stepped out of the house and onto the front porch. Her body was tense though as she followed him her eyes taking in the wolves that were no longer staying back in the shadows. Her instincts had her on edge, ready for the tide to turn.

Though when they saw their alpha the wolves reacted as they should, showing their respect to their Alpha. The music that had been filling the air stopped and she glanced at Peter as he spoke curious more than anything else as to what was about to happen.

As he went into talking of what had happened to Molly she felt her instincts relax a little as she knew tis was not about her. He had had something planned for a while with Molly’s pack. A plan of attack and it was going to start now. It saved her from having to reach out to the council, though she wondered if the council sending her was the reason for them choosing now to go after the other pack.

Those thoughts were forgotten as Peter’s shirt landed on the ground. It wasn’t because he was shirtless, though she could understand the mistaken thought if it arose with anyone. The buzzing in her ears, and the speeding of her heart were caused by something far from attraction. Memories slammed into her like unforgiving waves trying to shove her down.

Her jaw clenched as she struggled to focus her mind. It wasn’t possible, it couldn’t be possible. She knew that wound though, even from the back, she knew the tearing couldn’t be so exact if it wasn’t what she thought it was.

Peter’s howl snapped her back to the present and she fought to shove the memories where they belonged. Locked away in the back of her mind where they couldn’t effect her, couldn’t remind her of what had happened. She watched as those of his pack tore off, some in wolf form, others in human. A pack on a hunt was a very dangerous and volatile thing if not well controlled and trained. She had a feeling that this pack was both.

When Peter’s attention flashed to her his body turned towards her only solidifying her realization as she caught sight of the front of his mate scar. Bree. Her eyes moved back to Peter’s face and she thought about what she had learned about him. Bree would’ve been a perfect fit for him.

As he stepped closer to the smell of pine and woodsmoke getting stronger. She shoved the thoughts of that day back again as she focused on what was at hand. She didn’t think that now would be the best time to bring up what was probably uncomfortable memories for him and crippling memories for her. Molly was the focus now, her pack and what his was about to do to it was the focus now.

“It would seem, I need to figure out what your plan is before I fully decide on mine,” she glanced towards the man and woman that were talking beside the truck where the music had been playing from earlier. “Last thing I need is to go in and only ruin the plan you’ve obviously been working on for sometime.”

She moved towards the railing of the porch and leaned against it turning back to face him again her eyes holding a preditorial look in them. As she thought of what she would do if his pack wasn’t going after the other.

“My plan, if your pack wasn’t involved would be to chop the head off the snake, whether by forcing the council’s hand in doing so or doing it myself,” she glanced towards the door of the house and then at him again. “Remove all those that were happy participants in the abuse and let pack instincts take care of the rest. A new alpha would rise, and hopefully wouldn’t be like the old. Though the pack is on my radar now so I would keep an eye on it. How to cut the head from the snake would be the most complicated part. I could make it an obvious assassination, though to make it seem as an accident would be much more difficult.”

She couldn’t help but glance at is mate scar once more. Knowing her method of assassination, for an alpha at least, would result in a similar scar on another wolf. Though she still hadn’t been able to figure out if that was what happened to Bree. She had found the shooters perch though, the scent had been masked by some herb that made her nose burn making it impossible to find who had killed her friend.

“So I guess the question is, what is your plan,” she looked up at him raising an eyebrow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Peter smiles and laughs dryly. Looking up he reaches up towards the last sliver of moonlight gracing the clearing and clenches his fist as the clouds finally cover it up. His eyes gleam in the darkness and his smile turns dark. He can feel the air pressure changing, the oncoming storm announcing itself as wind blows through the clearing, thunder rumbling ominously. Ally and Will are leaning against the car watching their leader with rapt attention.

“We are taking it a further than that, I suppose.” Peter’s voice is somber and forlorn, but his face is determined. Clearly this issue is one he has spent a great deal of time pondering. Still looking up at the sky he glances at her. “Our world, the world of the wolf, is diseased. Injustice and corruption run rampant and the cruel are allowed to exploit the weak. Soon we will show them strength.”

He turns and walks slowly towards Kimberly; his eyes regard her with interest. The way he is holding himself is nonthreatening, but his aura tells of the destruction he plans to bring to any he perceives as enemies, the power rolls off him in waves. Kimberly backs up as he approaches her until her back hits a tree. Peter stands before her smiling confidently and calmly, making no further moves towards her.

Will watches his face impassive but Ally’s eyebrow is cocked, and she has a barely hidden look of jealously on her face. Peters is showing clear interest in Kimberly and this is an exception to an unspoken rule he had carried with him for six years now. Peter did not get close to people outside of the pack quickly. Even within the pack he tended only to let people in as much as was required of him as alpha. As alpha Peter would never forsake his duties, but personal relationships had been an anathema to him since he received his mate scar.

Peter waved his hand in the direction his wolves has run off, the direction of the enemy. “Soon that pack’s lands will be mine. The battle will begin within.” Bloodlust begins to rise in him. “Any of the wolves who stand before us will perish. Only the innocent and those who fall to their knees before me will be allowed to continue to exist.” He turns from her and walks towards Ally and Will who drop onto one knee before him, awaiting their orders. “Will go make sure the main force is ready for the attack. Ally you know your orders, ensure none can escape us.”

Will disappears in a blur following the other wolves. Ally turns to leave and casts a resentful glare at Kimberly, she didn’t like this outsider not one-bit, jealousy coils in her gut. Ally almost takes a step towards the stranger, not sure if she wanted to fight or yell at the woman. She stops dead in her tracks, terror lighting her face. A low, truly menacing growl emanates from Peter. Ally casts one last glare at Kimberly before running off after Will.

Peter turns looking at Kimberly. “Now you know what I am planning.” He smiles at her wearily, his bloodlust and the aura of destruction temporarily subsiding. He continues, his voice much quieter now that he no longer needed to give orders and otherwise alpha it up. “I will warn you because I like you, but this is only the beginning. It isn’t just this pack, so many are led by filth who propagate more filth.”

Silence falls around him as he looks after his wolves. Squatting down he runs one hand over the ground. Taking a handful of dirt, he rubs his hands together in an odd ritual he performs before any planned fight. Peter has a variety of reasons he gave for it, what really matters is that it brings him some small comfort. As he looks out into the night he speaks once more. “You should join us Kimberly, as an ally of the pack. I can tell you hate bastards like them, as well. Join us in washing away the trash. Join us and I will give you anything in my power to give. Soon I will set out myself. At which time I hope you will ally with us or you will need to be leaving our territory as quickly as possible.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast