Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (M) Scared Mate (TheBaron and SouthernBelle)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, ie shifters, werewolves, vamps, etc. Or Westerns, most any in general
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber ate the fries on her plate as he spoke. Keeping her face blank. She could sense a change in the air. She needed to be very careful about how she phrased her words. Though him telling her what she needed or didn't need to do did not sit well with her. She shoved a French fry in her mouth to keep from snarling at him. When he rose and gave her two options she took her time in picking up her coffee cup and finishing off the rest of the dark liquid that was in it.

She set it down and turned her eyes to him. Keeping her face blank she turned in her seat so she was facing him. Her eyes darkened. "Let me start by saying what my relationship is or is not with the council is not of your concern. Where I thought you had information on me it seems that it is majorly lacking. In several areas, though I will fill you in.

"I don't have to get the full story on cases like this because I get the information from the victim if they are found before I make any decisions on what and if there is a report that goes back, if what you say is true then in this case I would not report back that she is here," Kimber stood up and grabbed her bag. Her voice deepened as her wolf pushed for control. "There is corruption within the council as there is corruption any group of any beings put together. Which is why I do not follow orders blindly, I am constantly making sure I am making the morally correct decisions. And if there is a pack doing what you say they are doing, I won't be here long."

She glanced down as she pulled out some cash and tossed it on the table for her coffee along with a tip for the waitress. "I would like to meet with Molly, that way I know what I'm getting myself into when I go and introduce myself to her alpha."

She looped her thumbs in the straps on her bag and raised and eyebrow at him. If a war was brewing she wanted nothing to do with it. But if there was a pack abusing it's members, keeping it's women as slaves, then she would do something about that.

She didn't tolerate abuse, on any level, from anyone. She didn't hesitate to right any wrongs that she was made aware of. The worst that could happen to her was she died, and after all this time that didn't scare her. She had looked death in the face more than once and so far she was still kicking. She hadn' taken on a whole pack before when she wasn't driven by grief and anger, but there was a first time for everything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Peter still standing smiles, pleased by her response. He quickly scarfs down some burger and after chewing furiously he swallows grinning at her. “Very well then let’s go see Molly.”

He eats some more fries before continuing. “I am sorry to say I am going to require some trust on your part as she is living in a human community that is the closest to the pack house. She would be at the house, but she is eager to resume as normal a life as possible and honestly who can blame her. My point being that we will be heading towards the very heart of my territory.”

He polishes off the burger and turning Peter nods to the wolf in the kitchen who nods back. Walking to the door he stretches talking as he goes, “As for what happens after that, obviously you are free to leave whenever you please, no reason to keep you here, but don’t go rushing off I think we are going to have aligned interests in this.”

Opening the door to the café, a cool evening breeze blows in. The smell of his pack and the forest, both strong on the breeze, sooth him. Peter looks at her an amused smile on his face. “We can drive, or we can run. Either way our destination is a small community near the base of the mountains, which lie in the northeast of my territory.”

Spoiler: My Roleplays - Check them Out 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber adjusted the back pack on her bag as she followed him. She kept herself alert, because he was right with him knowing who she was and why she had come there she did have to put a good bit of trust in him that they were not leading her to a trap. Though from everything she knew about them she should be safe, should being the key word.

"Aligned interests don't always mean agreeing on the solution to a problem," she replied as she caught the smell of more wolves than there should've been around the cafe. Their numbers put her wolf on edge as she glanced around knowing they would stay out of site, she still didn't like it. It meant more to take on if anything went south.

"Driving is fine," she replied as she looked at him. He always seemed to have a smile on his face, even when he was agitated. She wondered if it was a defense mechanism or just part of his personality. Since there wasn't much on him or his pack in the database, which didn't surprise her, there wasn't much to go off of other than what she learned about him herself.

"Tell me," she glanced at him curiosity getting the better of her. "How long have you been running this pack? There isn't much information on you or your pack in the database. Though I'm not one to talk as I know my name isn't even in the database."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They are at the car now, which idles next to them. At her question Peter’s face grows somber for a moment before he regards her coolly. He idly plays with a ring on his right hand, a keepsake, an onyx band. “I have been pack leader for nine years. Ever since I killed my father for the position.” He opens the door for her and after shutting it he walks around the car to get in the other side.

Closing the door Peter is smiling, wryly this time and jokes, “Sadly not even the most traumatic thing I have ever experienced.” He nods to the driver in the mirror who smoothly pulls away and sets off already knowing their destination. Settling back into the comfortable seats of the car, he relaxes a little. The trip would have been quicker if they had run. However, Peter doesn’t mind, having always enjoyed riding in a car.

Looking over at her he feels the need to explain. Maybe because she is a fellow Alpha, the closest thing to an equal he has in his own territory. He wasn’t sure. “My father… was a cruel and sadistic Alpha.” He said this matter-of-factly and continues, “He was strong enough that no one dared question him for fear of what horrors he might inflict on them.” Peter sighs and looks forlornly out the window, his face still visible to Kimber.

“He was clearly threatened by me. As I grew older, he could no longer torture me and so the abuse the pack suffered… that my mother suffered… only grew worse.” With mention of his mother Peter’s face tightens and where his face is sad in his eyes there is a clear seething rage and hatred. “The abuse was intensified by the fact that he felt like he couldn’t touch me. It seemed from birth I was destined to be bigger, stronger, and faster than he was, and he just couldn’t accept that for some reason I will never know...”

Peter falls silent letting the quiet sounds of the car in motion fill the air. He is quiet for almost five minutes before he continues. “Then he killed her… my mother… maybe it was an accident, maybe not… honestly at that point it didn’t even matter anymore. I challenged him immediately and killed him less than ten minutes later.” His words were clearly tinged by feelings of guilt and he sadly shakes his head. “Ever since then I have tried to build and lead a different kind of pack.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber listened to his story, she felt bad for him, not that she would ever say that out loud but she did. What he had gone through no one should've. She knew that more than a few alphas were like that though. It was the downside to power. In some they couldn't control their instincts. Couldn't control the desire to push out or beat down anyone that could be a threat to them.

Though for him to have taken it out on the pack or his own wife was a little far in her eyes. There was no reason for that for sure. It was one thing for an alpha to see another packmate as a threat to his position, but that tended to be where it ended. It was also why sons of alphas either challenged their fathers or left the pack. She had never gotten tot he position with her own father that it was an option. He had also always been very caring, trying to make up for the loss of her mother.

There had been many times he told her that if it wasn't for her he would've died not long after her mother did. But she gave him something to live for. To fight for. Which he did up until his death.

"I'm sorry to hear that," she glanced towards the front of the car before she looked back at him. "Though from what I can tell you have done what you planned. You have been able to create a different kind of a pack and if you are taking in those that are abused and need safe refuge you really are making your pack different. Not very many packs, even good ones, will risk taking outsiders for fear of the trouble that it could bring them. I should know."

She wondered why there was guilt in his voice. It wasn't his fault that his father had killed his mother, he wouldn't have been able to prevent that. Couldn't have known that it was going to happen. Though his reaction to it didn't surprise her. Her reaction to her own father's death had been to kill her mate. Something that wasn't possible. Grief and anger could drive a being to do just about anything.

"Anything I should know about Molly before meeting her? Any triggers that I should be aware of so that I don't intrude too much?" Kimber knew that she could sometimes be abrasive when she was trying to get information and with a situation of abuse she had to be cautious of that. Had to make sure that she didn't upset Molly, especially being under the protection of this pack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nighttime is upon them now, the light of day gone. They have been on a private road for a while now and the driver has switched the headlights off. The rising moon and the stars alone light their way. Thick forest line the road on either side of them, occasional glimpses of large wolves can be seen. A flash of fur, a gleaming pair of eyes. In the distance thunder rumbles. They will be arriving soon.

Peter leaning back in his seat is calm, he nods in thanks for her words. Watching her, his eyes calculating he gauges her response. She is right of course but it is what would make them stronger than any other pack. He has a question he wants to ask her but decides to file it away for later. As the conversation returns to Molly his smile returns, he is glad to be talking about something else.

“Honestly, she has held together well, she is tough. I would suggest you not act or talk like you are there to take her home, not that I think you would at this point. So, barring some unforeseen reaction, she should be fine whatever you want to ask her.” His words are quiet but clear.

The car turns its headlights on as they turn right and back onto a public road, leaving the forest. Shortly ahead in the distance there is the glow of civilization. A small mostly human community at the base of the forest covered mountains.

He comes to a decision. Everything that has transpired so far speaks to her not being a threat to Molly. Peter elaborates further his voice matter of fact, “She would have suffered worse, but she was protected by the other females of her pack. In addition, and maybe I shouldn’t tell you this, but I am going to choose to trust you for now. The females with aid from my pack and a male in their pack are how she was able to escape.”

They drive past several fast food locations and a gas station on the edge of town before turning into the residential part of town. Trees line the roads where they could. Sitting in between houses which seemed to have carved their space out of the forest, as though the humans who lived here were in a battle with the forest for space.

As they reach what would qualify as the nicer part of town, they turn onto a quiet road lit by streetlights. At the end of the road past where the lights reach, they come to a dead end. The car pulls off into a gated drive. With the use of a clicker in the car the driver opens the gate. Flipping off the headlights once more the driver continues up the wooded drive. After a short drive the car pulls up to a house well suited to the area even if its location is a little off the beaten path. As the car turns off Peter exits the car. In an amused tone he tells her where they are. “Welcome to the pack’s home away from home, as secondary HQ of sorts. One of a few we have in our domain.”

Thunder rumbles again closer now. He leads the way to the front door, “There is more I want to talk to you about, but it can wait.” Opening the door with the confidence of the man who owns the place, TV noises spill forth. Peter walks in and beckons for Kimber to follow him. Turning left in a doorway visible from the open front door he looks at someone inside the room. Smiling kindly, he speaks in a warm tone, “Molly there is someone I need you to meet. I think you will like her. By the way where is Kyle?”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12