Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nine Jewels (OOC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Semi-Historical
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default The Nine Jewels (OOC)

Announcements:

• 06/19: This thread is now open! Chat away my peoples.
    • 06/19: The game is open and recruiting! Please refer to the recruitment thread for more information! (Almost all information is in this thread now. Link still works, though, if you want.)

Spoiler: Announcement Archive 
    Directory:

1. Post 1:
      1. Announcements: This section includes a list of all currently-applicable announcements.
        1. Announcement Archive: All old announcements will be stored here, in the order in which they were archived (not when they were originally posted) and will include both the date posted and the date archived.

2. Directory: You are here! This section tells you what in each of the information posts at the beginning of this thread is for (and if any particularly important posts are made in this thread, they may get added to here later on!)

2. Post 2:
      1. The Rules: This is the post with all the nitty-gritty little rules that will govern the game, so make sure you're familiar with them! They are divided into several sections to make things easier, but said sections are pretty self-explanatory, so I'm not going to get into that here.

3. Post 3:
      1. Starting Plot: This is the little intro prompt that tells you what the story is going to be about.
      2. The Plot Continues: This spoiler will contain a bullet-pointed list of major plot points that have happened in the IC thread of the game. This is meant to be a helpful guide for anyone who has had to take a break to be able to catch up, as well as in case we need to bring a new member into the game. Or just a good reference for those of you who are forgetful (like me!)

4. Post 4:
      1. Background Information: This is it. The post! The one with all the world building information. And there's a lot of it too. Luckily it is broken down into sections, which are all pretty self-explanatory, so I'm not going to get into that here.

5. Post 5:
      1. Main Characters: This is the official list of the main characters. Any character role that has not been filled yet will just have a write-up of basic information about that role. Once the position has been filled the official character sheet will be edited into its place.
      2. NPC List: List of all major NPCs. Will be built as the story moves along. NPCs will be sorted by region they were encountered in, or by author (in the place of player NPCs.)
      3. Character Sheet: This is the application you fill out if you want to join the story. Pretty easy.
      4. NPC Application:​ This is the form you fill out if you want your own NPC! Will be added at an unspecified later date, because your GM is tired right now...
    Last edited by Ylva; 06-20-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Rules:

Spoiler: The Basics 

Spoiler: Posting Requirements 

Spoiler: Character Expectations 

Spoiler: NPC Etiquette 
    Last edited by Ylva; 06-20-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Grammar edits and formatting (added spoilers for easier reading.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The Plot:

Starting Plot:
    Ten years ago, a dark cloud hung over Emirilin. An evil cult had sprung up, in a small strip of land unclaimed by any of the bordering nations, and there were whisperings of slave trading, human sacrifice, dark magic, necromancy, and the undead. The foul influence may well have spread, had it not been for the rise of a band of unexpected heroes. They were brought together by a similar experience- the finding of a mystical jewel that granted them magical powers, as well as mysterious visions and dreams that drew them together, and led them to the threat looming over the continent. Working together, the seven destroyed the cult, then dispersed back to their homelands. Their reputations spread, however, and each eventually settled into a role as a well-respected leadership figure in their community, content that the world was now safe.

Or was it...? Now, ten years to the day from the final battle against the cult, the visions and dreams have begun again, leading them back together. A new threat is looming. Or is it really new? Some signs seem to connect back to their old enemy. Could some part of the cult have survived? Have they been building up all these years? Or is the answer something far worse? One thing is clear- they are being led towards lands unknown and dangerous, where none of them know what to expect. But with a war looming, there's more pressing danger in the south. Will they be able to stop both threats to Emirilin, or will the land be thrown into darkness?

Spoiler: The Plot Continues 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Background Information:
    Spoiler: A Note Before We Begin 

Spoiler: Map 

Spoiler: Races 

Spoiler: The Kingdoms 

Spoiler: Religion 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Characters:
    Spoiler: Main Characters 

Spoiler: NPC List 

Spoiler: Character Application 
    Last edited by Ylva; 06-24-2020 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added in the character sheet code, to make things easier for you... And now added my character!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@Ylva; for your consideration:

Character: The Coyote
    Name: Phixis Quemyn Regani Selfyx Tridysa Ufekini Vofi Gaston
    Nickname/Title: Phix, Priestess Gaston
    Race: Gnome
    Position: Priestess Gaston, local folk hero
    Spoiler: Appearance 

Spoiler: Skills 

Spoiler: Spells 

Spoiler: Equipment 

Personality: While she can be argumentative, Phix believes in judging people by their deeds, not by what they say. She's always ready to lend a helping hand to someone in need, always ready to protect those too weak to defend themselves, like street children or tenants being harassed by their landlords.

However, she does miss city life, what with the gambling, the drinking, the encounters....

Backstory: Phix's earliest memories was that of an unruly wild child living on the streets of Uzloscow, Tyuretsk, often used as a distraction while other urchins would rob vendors and travelers. Her weirdest moment was when she was three, a group of traveling monks from some unknown land suddenly announced she was the foretold wife of their avatar. Thinking they were trying to snatch a child off the streets, the townfolk ran them off, but one surfaces from time to time.

When she was eleven, she got caught trying to rob Davfiz Gaston, a diplomat, by his wife Minxis. It turns out they needed her help finding something being held by one of the gangs, and they took her away to Nyatlas as their newly adopted daughter. In a private moment, her new father explained that her mother had an addition to chocolate, in part he believed because she could not have children of her own. He hoped that with Phix in her life, her cravings would be forgotten. Sadly, for him, it was not to be.

While Davfiz was known for his courage, the most people would say about Minxis was how laughingly absent-minded she was. What they did not know was this was all an act - in truth, she was secretly the kingdom's greatest weapon-master, who not only guarded her husband but would secretly train others the government send their way.

When Phix was 13, a clique of girls she was running around with convinced her to get a facial tattoo, and they selected for her the coyote, which is on her left cheek. When she was 14, she tore her dress at one of her parents parties, but a kindly priest taught her a small cantrip to mend the tear. At 16, at another of her parent's parties, she managed to sneak off with a bottle of booze she shared with her friends, and became addicted to alcohol.

Once her parents discovered her stealing booze, they decided she needed something more than the idle life, and her father got her apprenticed to a cabinet maker. While she stuck to the role for a few years, after an argument with a customer, she decided to run off and have herself proper adventures with her old conning and thieving skills instead of contending with sawdust and varnish fumes.

After the events with the cult, Phix experienced a crisis of faith and journeyed home to Nyatlas to consult with the priests there about what she had gone through. To everyone's surprise, she spends three years in devoted study and became a priestess. However, there's not much for a priest of Risimzug and Lizimzug to do in the quiet times, so she embarked on a project with the blessing of the church, converting a wagon into a traveling church to provide services and aid to the smaller towns and villages, helping those when they come face to face with Lizimzug to work towards Risimzug turning towards them again. This good work with her wagon of mercy has made her a folk hero of sorts among the people, and is sometime asked to champion other good causes.

Aside from the odd monk popping out on the trail calling her the Sacred bride, for which she keeps a loaded crossbow (just to wing) or a club handy, she's found her new calling to be everything she could have wanted. But lately, she's been getting the feeling that Lizimzug has her in the corner of his eye as the memories begin to surface again.
    Last edited by Enigma; 06-22-2020 at 03:40 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

It took me a little to come up with ideas, but tell me if this is good. Anything can be changed or clarified.

Character: The Hare

Name: Sere Gaillard (pronounced Seh-ray)

Nickname/Title: The Masked Queen

Race: Half-Elf, specifically Dark Elf

Position: Queen

Spoiler: Appearance 

Spoiler: Skills 

Spoiler: Equipment 

Personality: Sere is a quiet, thoughtful woman. She's very introspective and prefers quiet meditation to other forms of entertainment. Oftentimes she drops odd pearls of wisdom or mystic-sounding proverbs. She's also rather intelligent in addition to her wisdom and loves to read. Don't let her quiet, bookish demeanor fool you however, she can be a very extroverted person. She's quite good at playing lute and singing, though she rarely performs. She's more at ease with her comrades and can even get "rowdy". This is more akin to mild roughhousing or light vandalism than anything serious, and she always pays for any damages.

Backstory: Sere was the forgotten child of a human duke. Her father met her mother in Ko Ghadadh, under questionable circumstances. In any case, her father was smitten with her mother and would often spend nights with her. After it was revealed she was pregnant however, he fled back to Etheran, leaving the dark elf to raise the half-breed by herself.

That was not to be either, as her mother dropped her off in the hands of a monastery the first chance she got and returned to the Underdark, not wanting anything to do with the child. Raised by the monks and trained in their traditions, Sere grew up a literal poster child for the monastery. She keeps those same ideals to this day.

Although she was taught very well by the monks, she still itched to see the world, and more importantly, meet her parents. On the day of her 100th birthday, she was granted the request to journey forth into the world. Although she was very book smart, her social skills were quite lacking. She was very naive in the first few weeks of living in the real world. As close as it was, she survived the world and became a bit smarter for it.

As her first goal in the real world, she managed to locate her mother in the Underdark. The meeting did not go as well as Sere had hoped, ending in her mother throwing a ceremonial vase at her head. Scuttling out of the Underdark, still picking porcelain out of her hair, she began the search for her father. This meeting went better, but only slightly so. Her father was a senile old man by then, only managing to survive as long because of a life-extending spell. That meeting ended with her father throwing a bowl of porridge at her head.

World-weary and tired of having things thrown at her head, she returned to the monastery where she spent years in meditation. She eventually gave her parents forgiveness. While on another journey for the monastery, she discovered a glowing Garnet stone. When she picked it up to identify it better, it claimed her as owner and bestowed the powers of the stone into her. Cue the original war, yadda yadda, roll credits.

It was after she returned from her adventure as a savior of the realm that her life got really interesting. At first, she tried to return to the monastery, but it had been one of the victims of the cult. The simple walled village of huts and gardens had been razed by the cult. Heartbroken, she walked all the way to Etheran. There, she claimed her role as the duke's daughter and became very rich very quickly.

With this money and power, she instituted radical change in her city. This amount of change caught the attention of the king, who took one look at the porcelain mask the duchess wore and fell in love with the half-elf monk. After months of courting, she finally took his hand in marriage. Now she is the queen of Etheran and head of a new monastery, training any who are interested in the art of chi. However, the visions have been creeping into her meditations lately...
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 06-22-2020 at 01:18 AM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@Enigma, @SaltyIrishman, it makes me very happy to see some characters, and I'll definitely be noting down that those roles are taken! I do have a few notes for both of you (don't worry, it's nothinng major- they both look very good overall!)

Now, for both of you, I noticed for skills you mainly used D&D skills. Which is fine, but since this is not a strict D&D group and we might end up with members who aren't familiar with the system and aren't sure what exactly all of those mean, can you add a brief description? (For example, for perception you could say "very observant" or "notices details." Things like that, just to clarify.) Not all of them need it- fortune-telling and lute playing are pretty self explanatory, after all- but some could use a bit of elaboration (feel free to leave the original name too, of course.) And Enigma, doing the same for the spells would be helpful as well. I mean, I can technically add it in myself, but I'll give you the option in case you want it phrased a specific way. Or just say you don't care and I'll add it in when I move the sheet up to the character post.

On the same note, it would be suggested to add any weapons they are familiar with to this section, as well as a specific word describing how good they are at using it (ie "expert" at using said weapon versus being "skilled" with it, since those denote two different levels of skill.)

Oh, and perhaps add your jewel to the equipment list? And along with that, how do they carry the jewel (is it just a loose stone, have they had it set in a piece of jewelry, etc.) I know I'm a bad example at that because I've only finished the summary version of my character, rather than a fully detailed version (it's coming. And yes, your characters will end up with a similar summary version, but the full version will be kept too, so don't worry.)

One note specifically for Enigma- the gnomes don't have a king, they have a democratic government. Saying that her opinion is well respected during votes and whatnot would be my suggestion to replace the "advisor to the king" part.

And one specifically for the Irishman- if Sere is married to the king, Etheran being a relatively patriarchal government, she would have been expected to take his last name (Gaillard), or at least to hyphenate it and use both last names.

But again, those are really just small little details overall, so don't worry too much about it. Once that gets fixed up, I'll add the character sheets up in the character post and then work on getting everything formatted and whatnot.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@Ylva; made some changes, hope you approve.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Same here.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast